"Rat poison? Fuck yeah!"S.S. Isa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
This isn't an investment. It's a gamble. You all are focusing on the handful of cases where people made fan works at their own direction (so not under Hololive's direction) and ended up getting a payout for it as a regular occurrence rather than the exceptions that prove the rule - how many thousands are creating fan works and will never see anything? If they want to invest in their careers, it's clearly far smarter to look for new clients to work with instead of hoping the stars align and a random fan work catches the eyes of the right people and turns into an offer for a paid gig.

I don't wish to cast aspersions on Fuwamoco's intentions. They probably were well-intended. But we know what good intentions pave. Even if they themselves didn't know that this is not the right way to get professional work done, some manager at some point should have.

Anyway, if it makes me look bad to some people to say that I will continue to commission professionals when I need creative work done rather than asking for it for free, so be it.

Okay, now we're just laughing at someone's physical disability. Come on now.

I follow her on Twitch. She hasn't streamed in many months, and hasn't streamed regularly in probably over a year now. I figured she had already given up on the game. It's too bad because I remember her being quite talented.

Okay legitimate question, are you him? Joshua Taipale. Dumbass McSplitvision.

Kalion

:)

Three cute idiots drawing (warning: boobs).

Random.txt canidate:
"I was just incest minmaxing the whole time." - Henemimi

Negzana

Just realized Fauna is doing her anniversary stream. She's not remotely oshi tier but still probably my favorite EN, that or Mooms

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
This isn't an investment. It's a gamble. You all are focusing on the handful of cases where people made fan works at their own direction (so not under Hololive's direction) and ended up getting a payout for it as a regular occurrence rather than the exceptions that prove the rule - how many thousands are creating fan works and will never see anything? If they want to invest in their careers, it's clearly far smarter to look for new clients to work with instead of hoping the stars align and a random fan work catches the eyes of the right people and turns into an offer for a paid gig.
People are still making content at their own discretion though?, there is no contest entry, there are seemingly no terms that penalize a creator or signups required for submitting their own work, its literally at discretion of anyone that would want to create the 10 second jingle for free and to contribute to a community they probably enjoy

You're acting as if this was a situation where they bamboozled creators or outright jewed them out of their work when its upfront that its free work and enter-able by anyone

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
the fuck? was this a sponsorship or was cover being generous?
Really, this is only 20k worth of stuff at most. You never seen a company give away tens of thousands worth of stuff at an employee event before?
I worked at a company with less than 50 employees where the yearly event prizes included multiple 48-inch TVs and a barbecue.

TheOathbreakerTarvos

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
I missed my chance of getting Yggdra Union on GBA and I've always regretted it. It goes for stupid prices on ebay for a complete copy and although it came out on PSP as well, it just ticks me off.
It's on Windows PC now:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Honestly, I'm kind of glad She is still on vacation, because I don't know which part of Italy she is in, but these days Rome is reaching 42 degrees Celsius (107 degrees Farenheith) and she definitely does not have AC (one day she cooled herself by submerging her feet in a bucket of cold water).
She's kinda always cooled herself with the ol' foot tub since she started streaming, as she can't have an A/C in her room.

We need to get her to 'murrica, ASAP. I want her first time here to be her getting blasted in the ass face with the cool, cool air from a Frigidaire while she mainlines Mt. Dew after spending a day at the range with Pippa and Sleepy.

For added lol: she forgets sunblock and winds up tanning a bit prior to an off-collab handcam stream with Pippa.. which leads into donos about our favorite PoC.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't wish to cast aspersions on Fuwamoco's intentions. They probably were well-intended. But we know what good intentions pave. Even if they themselves didn't know that this is not the right way to get professional work done, some manager at some point should have.
Anyway, if it makes me look bad to some people to say that I will continue to commission professionals when I need creative work done rather than asking for it for free, so be it.
What I don't get from this argument is: Why are you getting mad for other people? Isn't it a bit insulting to the people who wanna contribute to this just as fans because they like the talent and wanna be a part of their program in some way and don't mind doing it for free? Are you implying these people are so stupid they can't see that they're "being preyed upon" or however you wanna put it? People can do whatever they want with their time and money and you don't get to tell them what they should be doing, stop trying to make drama over something that hurts nobody.

I agree with the sentiment that people should be compensated for their work, but only when it's WORK, this is not these people's job, this is a HOBBY, and people are doing it for FUN, when you do something for fun with no expectations or agreements for profit then you do not have a right to complain. I'd be mad if fwmc tried to pull something like Niji did and take ownership of every single submission (I think it was some selen outfit thing?), that IS scummy and predatory, this is just a chance for fans to show appreciation. If people were being scammed out of free work then a lot more people would call it out, if they don't then that's their own fucking problem. This entire argument can be summed up with this meme:
retard consent.jpg

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
Lisa voicing the latest Moonshine animation:

I haven't seen much shilling for the V&U girls but I've been watching a bit of Suri Solari lately and she finally reached monetization today. Stream starts in about half an hour:

I'm not really sure why I like her admittedly it might be because she reminds me of Beryl . She is a decent artist and drew many of her thumbnails and this little comic:
Suri Dragon Empress.png
She is also a bit of a shitposter:

She doesn't seem very familiar with vtuber protocol and said on stream that she probably can't do things related to competitive gaming as it might give away who she is IRL. Given her gaming preferences she was probably someone in the Team Fortress 2 scene.

Unlisted Clip uploading

That is a little suspicious but hopefully it's all just coincidence because even Pippa isn't that stupid/honest. From the same stream here is her discussing the time she went to Epstein's Island and was forced to roll around in garbage and kiss a vending machine:

I think she might actually be talking about the Shriners I'll say it again, she really feels like someone caged a Phase girl and forced her to work in an idol company.
If people want to see AC gameplay right now, self-admitted robosexual Skye Shinryu is streaming it:

You forgot to mention that she unveiled a new outfit for this stream:
Skye Pilot Suit.png
What is this, the second outfit she drew and rigged herself in as many months? She's really giving Juniper a run for her money.
Speaking of Skye, Museia had their 6 month anniversary earlier today.

Here is some Lottie art that was made for her birthday, including one by her art papa:
Lottie_by_re_reinly.jpgLottie_by_YurikagoKokone.jpgLottie_by_ValeforZero.jpg
If you didn't watch her birthday stream the other day I would highly recommend watching the segment dedicated to the visual novel her fans made for her. I'll leave this screen shot as my argument for its quality.
Shin Godzilla and Ryan Gosling.jpg

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Zatsudan and drinking stream with a fish now

Asmr stream from King Shima in 3 hours

And something something from Bae in 5 hours

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

RiverBear

Calli has to be the most controversial Holo of them all, people either like her of fucking hate her. To me she embodies the spirit of those characters that people just love to shit on but it's rarely out of genuine spite. Queen of cringe indeed.
Calli has a very vocal base who despise her because she
1. is a white girl
2. who raps
3. in Japanese

even non Vtuber fans who have no idea about anything shit on her just because of these 3 things.
And to be fair, she IS a very easy target

Piarro

Early Adopter

Archive

Some indie coming off hiatus is doing a collab with Lando tomorrow night.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
These Calli talks made me think about what exactly made me discover hololive. I was looking for covers of Homura by LISA ( the theme song of the demon slayer movie )

Then i found this fucking video i was just like who are those girls i need them. That was the beginning.

I watched a internet news video
Where I learned about this dorky ai cam girl that was enraging the flesh cam girls on Chaturbate because an avatar was doing their job better than them
And I thought she was an actual AI for a while not just kayfabe because when I searched for information on her after thinking she was way too advanced for the time the Vtuber culture of the time only gave me kayfabe

After that the cam girl in question Melody collabed with Lost Pause and Nuxtaku opening my algo to FBK short meme vids and Coco clips then I got a video breaking down all the talents of holo and then en came and there was no going back

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Archive

I'd like to think he is going to miss the tard wrangling a Holo manger gave him, but I don't think it was very effective to begin with.

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Seiso sheep is streaming

Mainly talking about clothes and other girly shit I'm too manly to understand

RiverBear

I'd like to think he is going to miss the tard wrangling a Holo manger gave him, but I don't think it was very effective to begin with.
You'd think someone of his age would be easy to work with. But considering he got bonked the fastest means, we was going to be a problem to begin with

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I watched a internet news video
Where I learned about this dorky ai cam girl that was enraging the flesh cam girls on Chaturbate because an avatar was doing their job better than them
And I thought she was an actual AI for a while not just kayfabe because when I searched for information on her after thinking she was way too advanced for the time the Vtuber culture of the time only gave me kayfabe

After that the cam girl in question Melody collabed with Lost Pause and Nuxtaku opening my algo to FBK short meme vids and Coco clips then I got a video breaking down all the talents of holo and then en came and there was no going back
Holy shit, you reminded me. I had thought the Eekum Bokum video and Gigguk's vTuber vid were my first exposure to vTubers. But no, Melody absolutely enraging the Thots was my first exposure. Holy shit, I FORGOT how assmad she made them. Puts a damn smile on my face.
What I don't get from this argument is: Why are you getting mad for other people? Isn't it a bit insulting to the people who wanna contribute to this just as fans because they like the talent and wanna be a part of their program in some way and don't mind doing it for free? Are you implying these people are so stupid they can't see that they're "being preyed upon" or however you wanna put it? People can do whatever they want with their time and money and you don't get to tell them what they should be doing, stop trying to make drama over something that hurts nobody.

I agree with the sentiment that people should be compensated for their work, but only when it's WORK, this is not these people's job, this is a HOBBY, and people are doing it for FUN, when you do something for fun with no expectations or agreements for profit then you do not have a right to complain. I'd be mad if fwmc tried to pull something like Niji did and take ownership of every single submission (I think it was some selen outfit thing?), that IS scummy and predatory, this is just a chance for fans to show appreciation. If people were being scammed out of free work then a lot more people would call it out, if they don't then that's their own fucking problem. This entire argument can be summed up with this meme:
View attachment 41966
Thank you providing the perfect summary of how dumb this situation is with that meme edit. It's goddamn perfect.

Archive

I was wondering if he was going to take a bit to come back, but good to see he's jumping right back in. I wonder how much cash he's going rake in with the return stream.

Top Bottom