"Who superchat me the moment I'm putting balls in my ass!?"Tenma Maemi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Yuno Nightingale is playing Yggdra Union again

I missed my chance of getting Yggdra Union on GBA and I've always regretted it. It goes for stupid prices on ebay for a complete copy and although it came out on PSP as well, it just ticks me off.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

A Towl has just imprinted on you! Congrats! Remember to give her berries every day, or else...you know, something bad might happen.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Not sure if all the raffle prizes have been posted here.

1692997777392.png1692997784551.png1692997791754.png1692997800323.png

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

httn

Hag enthusiast
Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I wonder how a NijiEN felt about seeing this infographic as they made a cost estimate of how much will their next project would cost them before inevitably shelving it due to no money

EDIT: disregard my Niji-Yamanbaing, they apparently do get some beefy prices for Koshien atleast
For Koshien they have always given out prizes. They actually give out multiple prizes for different things. For example, I think Ponto got a gaming laptop for being the first person to hit the display screen. The prizes in general this year were PCs and laptops. For the Valorant tournament I posted about earlier this year, the winning team was given expensive meat, and for one of the Mario kart tournaments, Nagao was given a crystal pacifier.

Last edited:

FL Cascadia

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I remember watching Dex's videos: https://www.youtube.com/@DexTag/videos
I know he did several hours long streams watching viewer submitted clips and really started to get into it, but I'm not sure how deep he got because I haven't been watching for a while.
He was given early access by Kay Yu. I think him and Koe were the only normies to get it.

All these are cool, except the 4060. Like, really, Cover? They are streamers, they not gonna get good mileage out of that.

I wonder how a NijiEN felt about seeing this infographic as they made a cost estimate of how much will their next project would cost them before inevitably shelving it due to no money
Dunking on Niji when they deserve it is as fun to me as everyone else, but don't they have prizes for Koshien?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Dunking on Niji when they deserve it is as fun to me as everyone else, but don't they have prizes for Koshien?
I cannot confirm or deny that fact after some casual googling, so maybe someone with actual Niji familiarity can answer, but i have not seen much saying about any prizes, but some articles about sponsorships

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
You probably never heard of a word called "investment". Where you spend money (or in this case do free labor) because you think there is a solid chance it will result in even bigger payout in the future. And getting your work featured on a huge stream seems like a very solid idea. It's almost like we have definitive examples, that if you are good it will serve as a massive boost to your career. If anything your point of view is hugely twisted and not in the right direction. If a 1view goes to your dm asking for free assets you have nothing to gain out of it, don't do it and instead ask for money. If you see your favorite streamer is using dova syndrome bgm, or no emotes, or crappy thumbnails - prostrate before them and ask if you can do it for free, because a couple days of work will get a ton of eyes on you and maybe their friend will commission you next time or even more people.

This isn't an investment. It's a gamble. You all are focusing on the handful of cases where people made fan works at their own direction (so not under Hololive's direction) and ended up getting a payout for it as a regular occurrence rather than the exceptions that prove the rule - how many thousands are creating fan works and will never see anything? If they want to invest in their careers, it's clearly far smarter to look for new clients to work with instead of hoping the stars align and a random fan work catches the eyes of the right people and turns into an offer for a paid gig.

When you make a public call out like this you are A) shitting on the talent who are trying - with good intentions - to do a fun community event and B) Shitting on all of the artists where just that chance IS a good enough reason to contribute. You're doing yourself no favors by publicly making a stink out of this and trying to make yourself out to be some kind of hero for the poor starving artists. There are plenty of artists who work through passion alone, and shitting on their passion is never going to be a winning move for you.

I don't wish to cast aspersions on Fuwamoco's intentions. They probably were well-intended. But we know what good intentions pave. Even if they themselves didn't know that this is not the right way to get professional work done, some manager at some point should have.

Anyway, if it makes me look bad to some people to say that I will continue to commission professionals when I need creative work done rather than asking for it for free, so be it.

Okay, now we're just laughing at someone's physical disability. Come on now.

A
Third ex-Tsunderia (sort of , Maria was supposed to be in Gen4) to announce "indefinite hiatus" in less than a week, joining Hanabi and Purin.

I follow her on Twitch. She hasn't streamed in many months, and hasn't streamed regularly in probably over a year now. I figured she had already given up on the game. It's too bad because I remember her being quite talented.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Short

God Damn the Sun

No Name

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I cannot confirm or deny that fact after some casual googling, so maybe someone with actual Niji familiarity can answer, but i have not seen much saying about any prizes, but some articles about sponsorships
Niji insider here, I can share some of the koshien rewards I heard the big wigs talking about:
  • Get out of shadow suspension free card (on discretion from management)
  • Talk to a different manager once coupon
  • Organize event coupon (all profits go to management)
  • Trip to the rikuyatch (no expenses covered)
  • 5 edgy tweets
  • 1 viewbotted stream
  • Lifetime supply of dildos (black, extra large)

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening

soap suds

For Koshien they have always given out prizes. They actually give out multiple prizes for different things. For example, I think Ponto got a gaming laptop for being the first person to hit the display screen. The prizes in general this year were PCs and laptops. For the Valorant tournament I posted about earlier this year, the winning team was given expensive meat, and for one of the Mario kart tournaments, Nagao was given a crystal pacifier.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
If we're talking about the first video that informed you of the existence of vtubers.. mine was.. no clue why it just showed up I swear. So it was Otogibara Era's laugh that hooked me on these mentally ill women..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom