"Fuck you so hard, and your little waifu in the background"Hakos Baelz

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Anyone ( @Azehara @That Chuuba Enjoyer ) looking for signs of life from Koa direct your attention to this timestamp 1:53:40
The "sex monkey" as she referred to herself showed up on the kudoboard to show support and said the reason she stopped streaming is that she is too busy raising her and Roza's love child

Also if you stick around for the message right after that you might see a certain Pope clipper who was lucky enough to have his message read right after the funny monkey's

Also he made Roza laugh with his dumb pun and feels very accomplished right now

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Kek
Lmao

Also apparently he had no idea calli also requested stuff like that before

Losing a connection in exchange for 10 seconds of twitter fame and asspats because some retard dogs wanted to showcase a 10 second jingle

Lol lmao

I normally don't comment much on HoloEN stuff because I don't watch or pay too much attention to any of them (nothing against them, just never got around to giving them a try), but I do love watching retards face the consequences of their own retarded actions, so I just wanted to get a good laugh in:
:selenpointandlaugh::amedumbass:

Haters will say it's fake.

I can't believe the vtubers in his own company are haters...
:fishmandispair:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Is Rie better off with superduper as a fan? I say ‘no’ to all of the above.
Ever since I started that whole Rie anti to get her to improve business she's tried a lot harder when it comes to content creation, creativity, and confidence. I was the one who got her over the hurdle the one who got her over her biggest flaws.

I literally saved her career bro, trust me!

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Ever since I started that whole Rie anti to get her to improve business she's tried a lot harder when it comes to content creation, creativity, and confidence. I was the one who got her over the hurdle the one who got her over her biggest flaws.

Sure rie

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
...I guess I can save some money on memberships to Dez and Gramps.
:depressedtako:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Is Rie better off with superduper as a fan? I
But Superduper IS a Rie fan :educateyourself:
But that aside, Rie (and everyone else in Phase Connect, IIRC) did ban him from their chats.
IIRC @superduper claimed he could post in Shiina's chat this week :shiinawangy: I wouldn't be surprised if Shiina did a re-set on chat bans recently though, possibly after questioning if her mods had been being to harsh.
I don't know if I believe that Superduper got ever got banned, I think he has another main account for vtubers and superder is just his trollsona and it's kayfab. I think this because he was never able to receive a gift membership, so I think superduper is a brand account.
Did they even use the swimsuit models or was that coomerbait?
No, it's only on the promo art and thumbnails, no in-game stuff. And no way Fish got #1, he was a lot better then I expected (and much better then me) but there looked like a good amount of people with better wins then his whenever I looked at the logs. Guess I can't know for sure though.
:fishmandispair:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
In all of the Vesper/Magni stuff going on tonight, this slipped under the radar.

Anyone happen to watch Pomu today to catch how bad it was/what exactly was going on.

Maybe Pomu and Lia are talking in DMs and just shit talking their annoying chat and that's why they've both made post like this lately? Specifically them both using the word "banter" stands out.

Short

God Damn the Sun
penchiIIa m.png
muhyohyo m.png
Chinchilla in 10 minutes!!!muhyohyo.png
penchiIIa.png

chinchilla m.png
Clip from the last stream!
chinchilla.png

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
In all of the Vesper/Magni stuff going on tonight, this slipped under the radar.

Anyone happen to watch Pomu today to catch how bad it was/what exactly was going on.

wow another case of bitches taking shit personally :beataniugh:
isn't she that bitch cosplayer that walked out of a panel one time? or am I getting her mixed up? anyway don't banter with bitches it's never worth the trouble.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

Good job, you did a splendid work. Now take your meds and start working on your Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde problem.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
isn't she that bitch cosplayer that walked out of a panel one time? or am I getting her mixed up? anyway don't banter with bitches it's never worth the trouble.
From my understanding, that she did technically 'walk out of a panel', but I saw the video and it was played up and over exaggerated for the humor of the situation and didn't seem serious.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
wadamama made some art for kronii's anniversary. :sanasmile::kroheart:

USS IOWA

View attachment 41856

WTF?

Odd that everyone else is able to stream, but they privatized her waiting room.

Edit: Was Kronii's issue was they weren't going to let her stream her anniversary originally or something else?

Looks like it was for the summer event thing.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 180

soap suds

I didn't catch today's stream, I was watching the gang play Zombiod, but the chat dynamic has changed a bit recently. I don't usually care for chat, but some of them have been weirdly hostile. When she did her 600k karaoke someone with a one-year badge accused her of being pre-recorded and not live, which hurt her a lot because she's already self-conscious about her singing. Not to mention that they like to insult her sometimes saying she's dumb and how terrible she is. I guess she hit a breaking point with this stream. I'm not saying that chat hasn't insulted her before, trust me they have, but it's always been at an appropriate moment. Nowadays people have just been insulting her and being rude out of nowhere. I'm not surprised it's hurt her this much since she relies on chat a lot and seeing so many people insulting you can't be good for you.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Someone might wanna archive Shioris needy streamer stream I think she just talked about Wabyuu GGN and Caitlyn (without naming them) in reference to being her oshiis
"Water Vtuber"
"Promoted tourism"
And I missed the Rissa part but I assume she said something about her too

Thanks
Unlisted Clip uploading

niggaphil

I thought she infamous for posting her underage nude photo in 4chan? That shit was wild :vesperfacepalm:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I don't know if I believe that Superduper got ever got banned, I think he has another main account for vtubers and superder is just his trollsona and it's kayfab. I think this because he was never able to receive a gift membership, so I think superduper is a brand account.
Just an FYI I did get universally banned from PC. I just think Shiina did some sort of ban reset and they forgot to reban me. I don't have another vtuber account and my superduper account isn't a brand account as far as I know because I've gotten member gifts in the Chinchilla and Kirsche chats. I'm still banned from Pippa's chat and Airi's chat. Haven't checked Wemi's chat because she's just been streaming too early for me lately.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
I can understand a bit his beef with "free work" I've been on both sides and I get it. But fuwamoco's thing is basically a contest open to everyone and it's a perfect way to get your name out there and maybe even put your foot at the door at being part of the holoEN network of artists they have on speed dial. Sure it'd be nice if the girls put money upfront but I doubt they wouldn't give you something if they end up using your thing, after all cover is an oriental corpo. They would need to be sure you don't end up being a fag like the firewatch devs and DMCA them one day cause you had a bad dilation day. His spergout is absolutely retarded and comes off as such a diva that you shouldn't hire for anything.
Reminds me with illustrators who would happily work with no pay to get a chance to be a mama for one of the Hololive girls. And that is only just a chance.

There's a clip somewhere about this, let me search it up.

Edit: Here

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
While I have no intention of applying to Cover, I did take some time to think about how one should approach the situation of being in Holostars (JP or EN).

The primary issue I think for the Holostars is they don't really grasp what Cover is, in totality, and, as a result, don't leverage it all that well. Cover is: a technology company that, to push their tech forward, has a massive Japanese Idol-like branch of streamers using a hybrid of 2D and 3D models to present their entertainment. This means Cover also is a massive Music Publisher by number of releases of original, wholly owned music.

What's the audience for 2D / 3D Vtubers? Heavily male skewed.

How much of a problem can unicorns be? A big one.

So, that ground work lends itself to going in a few directions. You actually need to build a male audience while also dragging in a female one in the process. Most of the HolostarJP are a pretty balanced audience, per a few of their statements. This means leaning into areas with something like 70/30 Male/Female appeal, while still doing activities that lean hard to one side or the other on the regular. (Cover should have some fairly advanced analytics on Who Watches When, which would tell you when its best to do certain activities.)

This is why those WoW streams were doing really well. MMOs have that 70/30 split. But it also means their music direction/approach has normally been very bad. I'm not saying everything should be a dance song, but I am saying a lot more of them need to be. And, with access to that much original music, I'd be releasing Remixes of the tracks I can get access to in the CityPop or Dance Pop styles almost weekly. (I also think very few, if any, Cover vtubers actually leverages their Memberships well. That's where you should be testing out things.)

I actually think Flayon is finding a niche of being the Degen Game player, though the fact he got stuck with the twink model actually makes that work better. Plus he collabed with Rin, which was a solid move. Though I do think most in Cover don't realize that their primary advertising is the YT Algo, which means Network Effects are huge for improving their audience. They don't need to go full Ludwig and show up everywhere, but it matters.

While I'm taking this from a Business Analysis view point, I do also want to note that there is entire areas of YT content that they aren't even attempting to bridge over to. I think that's mostly due to the deeply introverted game players that is both most of the Vtubers and the Management of Cover, but the male Vtubers should really look into branching out quite a bit. There's the occasional break out, like when Azki dove into GeoGuesser, which probably made her 1/4 mil USD. (GeoGuesser is like a 95/5 Male/Female split area of YT, which is why it was perfect for one of the girls to go into. Helps she's really, really good.)

This is a long way of saying I think Ame is the only Cover Vtuber to understand the nature of what the opportunities present for both her own creativity and money making. Suisei has a pretty good read on Cover as a springboard.

I injured my ankle a couple of months ago and had a long time to sit and watch Vtubers (I signed up here not long after). I had time to think about what they could do to improve the situation.
I dunno, right now, I feel Cover has moved on from the technology company model. Right now, and this is reflected in the CEO's own interviews, Cover is a merchandising company using 2D video game streamers as their IP, and providing them with 3D and music production opportunities. Even their future projects like HoloEarth are in service to selling merch or digital goods based on their IP. If you look at the business model, at no point in the future is it likely the tech itself is going to be the product.

In that sense, the unfortunate thing is that everything extra a talent tries to draw from Cover has to be in service to brand development. So sure, Cover is a massive music publisher. But at the same time, even talents quite successful in music don't really make enough from it to be self-perpetuating, and mostly benefit from personal brand development or audience expansion. Kiara for example, every single one of her originals has broken 1 million YT views and most are in the 3-4 mil range, yet she is on the record that her quite successful music about breaks even, and she does it because she wants to and to keep herself in the game.

So sure, someone could publish weekly or biweekly remixes and monthly originals... if they self-funded them, which few talents in the company can afford... or if Cover already saw them as a Suisei/Calli-tier artist and had a larger vested interest in pushing their careers. The only way to make it work would be someone who can self-produce music, which StarsEn doesn't have right now. Or you could also argue that Cover themselves should change the model to fund and push even more music, which I would be in favor.

I generally agree on the audience issue, that's part of why Tempus were initially received so well - the "group of bros" dynamic drew the existing male audience while still able to draw on women. But finding the right programming is the Achilles heel of most creators, and while corporate vtubing tends to dabble too far on the side of shallow content, there's also a risk that when people do branch out they instead niche themselves straight into a black hole. This is how you get people like Baelz spamming out twenty-two streams of Persona 5, or Finana playing nothing but Honkai, FF16, and the Somnium Files for three months straight. And sure, that's horrible for business development, but the creators aren't thinking that way, they're often perfectly happy where they are. Corporate games permissions make this even more difficult. For example, Lando recently jumped on Genshin, which is a great mixed-audience anime game that's currently popular... but not possible at all while under Cover.

That said it's true that there are huge, non-gaming sections of YT where there's no reason a corporate vtuber couldn't succeed. I think the best talent in the company right now in this regard is Shiori, who has done exactly three solo gaming streams total since her debut almost four weeks ago. Of course for StarsEn in particular, Vesper ended up torpedoing the D&D game by getting suspended, and the first form of the Tempus podcast also fell through (possibly for the same reason), so it's not like they weren't trying, it just didn't work out.

You're not wrong about network effects either, but of course those only develop if a group does enough together to be known together. I think the best example of outside-collab network effect in the entire company is Roberu, who is basically known now because of his outside-company collab partners. Is there anyone else in the entire company who does enough outside the company to have benefited from it? Maybe the Trash Taste collab as I still encounter people to this day who were introduced to vtubers through it.

Allllllll that to say, I think there's a lot of competing interests in talent preferences vs audience growth vs overall brand development that get in the way of taking full advantage of Cover's strengths and opportunities.

Top Bottom