"Oh I'm sorry that your mom didn't teach you what anal probing was when you were in the 3rd grade, but I'm built different!"Lia Rinkou

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Is IRyS better off with Babski as a fan?
Babski is a troll. The only reason he is still around is because she hasn't banned him, like Kronii has.

I also don't agree with sperging out on them or necessarily saying nothing, in this case. Sperging out gets you antis like Ame and Kronii did which is just a headache for the girls. Not saying anything would do more worse than good in this case where the simple truth will shut them up. What she said was just enough. She told it like it was and spoonfed it to them to shut them up. Nothing more or less. She doesn't want the drama, so saying it like this makes the most sense.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
*meme Chad image saying “Yes.”* I’ve said it a few times, but subtracting a negative is a positive. Whether they are closet schizos or openly schizos, they are still schizos either way, and I’d prefer for them to be exposed rather than stay hidden. Would Kronii be better off if Gabe were still a fan? Would Pippa be better off with Henry as a fan? Is IRyS better off with Babski as a fan? Is Rie better off with superduper as a fan? I say ‘no’ to all of the above.

Also yes, I mentioned not saying anything as the other good option. If they want to sperg and seethe for a week (but you know they will keep watching), and then come crawling back once they realize they were upset over nothing, then fine. But you don’t have to tell them that it’s nothing in order to assuage their fears, force them to figure it out on their own.
They're in a corpo whose business model is based on and explicitly involves making money off the mentally ill, volatile people (among others). Antagonising that particular source of money may be better in the long run but it's bad business and also carries a risk of getting other talents caught in a backlash.

I feel it should also be said that unicorns on the Western side are mostly tame in comparison to the native JP ones - with majority of drama coming from rare schizos and mostly from bored shit-stirrers - and talents do not necessarily uphold the "idol" ethos very hard, but taking a dump on a group of viewers is an escalation that could, depending on harshness, cause other filthy paypigsvalued paying customers to reevaluate their own worth in the eyes of the talent: you've come to a realisation that your oshi doesn't love-love her viewers unequivocally and thinks some of them are scum BUT THEN you also come to a realisation that you're just a tiny little bit attached to her and think of her as your friend? But we're not friends and she thinks people with too much attachment are garbage, maybe it's time to move on... etc. Point is, it's carrying risks and negatives going beyond just making some enemies, certain illusions need to stay intact for the business to carry on as it did before no matter the ethics and whether maintaining it will cause the talent some headache.

Also, why are you spreading the rrat that @superduper is not Rie? They're the same person.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

She's had some really good traction lately. She's on track to hit 100k soon. Despite some :thunkful: moments here and there lately, I'm still happy for her. Good for her. She deserves her success. I just wish she wouldn't overthink things so much.

Might be a fun idea. The concept itself is fun to see the girls do. Good on Erina for the idea.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Im sending a email to cover to ban talents to play Mario Party ever again, that game is cursed
zeta lost against calli so she's next :faunacry:
Your oshi is kind of a retard, rratchama, to even acknowledge the schizos.
Oh man what kind of vtuber does that! couldn't be my oshi kropausechamp.png
Sperging out gets you antis like Ame and Kronii did
:depressedtako:

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
You say that like Nanobites isn't going to graduate from Vtubing to work at a McDonalds or to suck dicks, if her numbers keep going like this.
doesnt she have 300ish ccv? she'll be fine

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

(A)

Saw this figured I'd share. Make me wonder why they did the whole announcement of "ToS" change though.

This is most likely just blanket lawspeak to cover their arse if someone impersonates the talents or something. It probably wasn't wise to specifically make a tweet describing it rather than quietly adding it to the content policy and making a generic "we've updated our terms" post, because now more people are gonna spam AI clips on /vt/ even if they previously hadn't considered it.

It's gonna be really fucking funny if some Mori/horse-tier degeneracy starts circulating with Yuko's voice, because Aviel would have to check if it's from her actual streams before issuing takedowns.

doesnt she have 300ish ccv? she'll be fine
Nano also does art commissions and I'm pretty sure she mentioned having a part-time irl job too, she'll just stick to streaming for as long as she feels like it really.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
They're too good at hiding their powerlevels. Calli, Gura, Fauna, Kronii, Mumei & Shiori all have the required internet chops, but their track record is almost impeccable.
And then Gura very deliberately references YandereDev. And does it twice for emphasis.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Babski is a troll. The only reason he is still around is because she hasn't banned him, like Kronii has.

I also don't agree with sperging out on them or necessarily saying nothing, in this case. Sperging out gets you antis like Ame and Kronii did which is just a headache for the girls. Not saying anything would do more worse than good in this case where the simple truth will shut them up. What she said was just enough. She told it like it was and spoonfed it to them to shut them up. Nothing more or less. She doesn't want the drama, so saying it like this makes the most sense.
They're in a corpo whose business model is based on and explicitly involves making money off the mentally ill, volatile people (among others). Antagonising that particular source of money may be better in the long run but it's bad business and also carries a risk of getting other talents caught in a backlash.

I feel it should also be said that unicorns on the Western side are mostly tame in comparison to the native JP ones - with majority of drama coming from rare schizos and mostly from bored shit-stirrers - and talents do not necessarily uphold the "idol" ethos very hard, but taking a dump on a group of viewers is an escalation that could, depending on harshness, cause other filthy paypigsvalued paying customers to reevaluate their own worth in the eyes of the talent: you've come to a realisation that your oshi doesn't love-love her viewers unequivocally and thinks some of them are scum BUT THEN you also come to a realisation that you're just a tiny little bit attached to her and think of her as your friend? But we're not friends and she thinks people with too much attachment are garbage, maybe it's time to move on... etc. Point is, it's carrying risks and negatives going beyond just making some enemies, certain illusions need to stay intact for the business to carry on as it did before no matter the ethics and whether maintaining it will cause the talent some headache.
I’m just reminded of the meme: “The Civil War was about states rights!” “A states right to do what?”
Like yeah, she effectively calmed down the drama, but who did she calm down? (Answer: A bunch of psychos who will now continue to be in her fan base are are empowered in thinking they can control her).

Plenty of people and businesses are successful without unicorns, and realistically the unicorns are a TINY minority that is just very loud.
Also, why are you spreading the rrat that @superduper is not Rie? They're the same person.
I just thought it was funnier when she hated herself.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Is Rie better off with superduper as a fan? I say ‘no’ to all of the above.
That's cold.

Not saying it's wrong. Just cold.

But that aside, Rie (and everyone else in Phase Connect, IIRC) did ban him from their chats. Can't exactly accuse her of yielding to the schizos.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Oh man what kind of vtuber does that! couldn't be my oshi kropausechamp.png
You know you could ask this emote to be added to our emotes instead of attaching it all the time right? :pippasadl:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
A little tribute I think we need in this dark hour

Archive

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
You know you could ask this emote to be added to our emotes instead of attaching it all the time right? :pippasadl:
it is a current emote of kronii, and since there were issues presented by i don't remember who about talents/companies/artists complaining about their emotes being used, we decided against adding emotes from active talents.

No Name

A little tribute I think we need in this dark hour

I will miss the grampire, ever since he poofed away I figured he wouldn't come back, but it still stings quite a bit.

Hope he goes back to being an orc.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
it is a current emote of kronii, and since there were issues presented by i don't remember who about talents/companies/artists complaining about their emotes being used, we decided against adding emotes from active talents.
What? No, we literally are using active emotes from talents already. That was more geared towards members only stuff like streams or wallpapers/recordings and such.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
What? No, we literally are using active emotes from talents already. That was more geared towards members only stuff like streams or wallpapers/recordings and such.
I originally brought it up so we didn't have a literall wall of Kronii emoted in the emote page (didn't know they could be hidden). I think the conversation evolved from there to whether having emotes of active Holomems was a good idea or not idk.

IIRC I think the discussion progressed from that last point into keeping them but obscuring the existence of them. But at this point we are Chinese telephoning this.
It was so long ago, I really don't remember lol. Frankly, imo, we could add every emote here and I wouldn't care, as long as they were hidden so I didn't have to scroll through 100 of then.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
I originally brought it up so we didn't have a literall wall of Kronii emoted in the emote page (didn't know they could be hidden). I think the conversation evolved from there to whether having emotes of active Holomems was a good idea or not idk.
IIRC I think the discussion progressed from that last point into keeping them but obscuring the existence of them. But at this point we are Chinese telephoning this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom