"Eating Mike Tyson's ass~ NOOOOOO!"Inugami Korone

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
The forum owner of a forum that generally ask to ARCHIVE EVERYTHING doesnt archive twitter posts himself. We are so doomed asylumbros.

I posted this the moment I saw it. I had already taken offline backups and was waiting for ghostarchive to finish its minutes-long processing of the thread. Which I will now edit into the post.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

A
rie asks the real questions.jpg

JusticeDog

August needs to calm down with the killing spree :painpeko:

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Gura has been talking quite a bit about her music in this member's stream. She confirmed that she really doesn't think she sounds good in produced music, and also doesn't like what producers do to her voice in released songs. She prefers how her voice sounds with just a mic - in karaokes for instance.
And she's completely right. Her produced music is mostly ho-hum at best, what little of it there is. I'm sure it's a mix of what she puts in and what is done to her in production with no single chain in the link at fault, but it's really quite a shame someone who can consistently produce the best karaoke streams in her industry every time isn't doing back-to-back Marine-tier bangers (my comparison, not hers).
The problem is that she's working in a very pop-dominated industry, and she clearly wants to be making music that isn't that. Record producers in the genre have picked up an unfortunate common practice of pitch-correcting all non-perfect notes rather than just the most egregious offenders, meaning the subtleties in a vocal performance that give it personality get lost in translation. Her produced music sounds fine in a technical sense, but they're not uniquely Gura like her raw karaoke performances, and I'd wage a guess that's what's putting her off about it.

The producers she's working with aren't exactly doing anything wrong since that kind of production is incredibly popular and the vast majority of music you hear on the radio these days is handled like that, but it means she's never going to sound like the '80s citypop artists she's into since pitch correction wasn't an option, let alone expected, when those records were made.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
Flare and the gang doesn't want their last Collab with Aqua to end.

God's Strongest Dragoon

So why is the banner pre-fixed with 09: for Yume+? It's the 16th and they're disbanding on the 18th. It's not even counting the number of casualties because the list started with 03:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I'll let this excerpt from the Discord show how I feel about the announcement stream right now. Context; Aimee is saying she won't talk about the internal issues because of privacy reasons 'even though there is no NDA'.

1723856769621.png

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Uruka's not lesmaxxing anymore. She's bi-maxxing

Jokes aside, I think she's sharing some genuine preference here. Now it would be easy to look at the guy in the picture and say, "Oh, she just wants a hot guy," but I don't think that's all. Even if you don't look like Chad Chiseled here, wearing a suit will bump up your attractiveness noticeably. This is partly because suits are often cleverly designed to minimized your body's flaws, and and make you look fitter overall. Also a suit just implies that you've got stuff going on, that you're successful, even if you're not.

That said, the answer to Uruka's question is two things: comfort and cost. Nice clothes are less comfortable generally, but the bigger issue is that they're more expensive, and more wear time means more stains and tears. That said, you do get a bit of an ego bump for compensation, and more positive attention than usual, so it may be worth it.

But forget all that. Did you see that they're making a manga specifically for users of this forum?

A

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Gura has been talking quite a bit about her music in this member's stream. She confirmed that she really doesn't think she sounds good in produced music, and also doesn't like what producers do to her voice in released songs. She prefers how her voice sounds with just a mic - in karaokes for instance. Sounds like there are a couple of projects in the works, but she didn't sound particularly enthusiastic about any of them (besides the thing that's been in the works for 2 years, which she says is really important to her). I get the strong impression that she has no interest in new original music or solo covers going forward - she sounded kinda discouraged about the whole thing.
The problem is that she's working in a very pop-dominated industry, and she clearly wants to be making music that isn't that. Record producers in the genre have picked up an unfortunate common practice of pitch-correcting all non-perfect notes rather than just the most egregious offenders, meaning the subtleties in a vocal performance that give it personality get lost in translation. Her produced music sounds fine in a technical sense, but they're not uniquely Gura like her raw karaoke performances, and I'd wage a guess that's what's putting her off about it.

The producers she's working with aren't exactly doing anything wrong since that kind of production is incredibly popular and the vast majority of music you hear on the radio these days is handled like that, but it means she's never going to sound like the '80s citypop artists she's into since pitch correction wasn't an option, let alone expected, when those records were made.
She needs to find a producer and mixer that both make sounds and make her sound exactly like she needs them to and stick with them. She could always start by finding someone who works well with acoustic guitars and go from there.

Bug Eater

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

JusticeDog

I'll let this excerpt from the Discord show how I feel about the announcement stream right now. Context; Aimee is saying she won't talk about the internal issues because of privacy reasons 'even though there is no NDA'.

View attachment 76023
Hope one of the other girls in the company isn't afraid to speak up

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

UberSoldat

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
So why is the banner pre-fixed with 09: for Yume+? It's the 16th and they're disbanding on the 18th. It's not even counting the number of casualties because the list started with 03:

I was in a hurry and just added an incremental number because the last three were all incremental and I forgot it was based on dates, not a numerical sequence, because it was around 1AM and I've been up since 7:30AM yesterday.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Rima is debuting a new model trying to beat the horse allegations

Screenshot_20240816-181244.pngScreenshot_20240816-182934.png
Screenshot_20240816-185810.png
Screenshot_20240816-182614.pngScreenshot_20240816-183022.pngScreenshot_20240816-183109.pngScreenshot_20240816-183128.pngScreenshot_20240816-183156.pngScreenshot_20240816-183321.pngScreenshot_20240816-183350.pngScreenshot_20240816-183500.pngScreenshot_20240816-183653.pngScreenshot_20240816-183858.png

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

View attachment 76023
I doubt anyone would care even if she croaked because I doubt anyone has ever heard about this corpo. And before you or anyone says "ITS A MORAL OBLIGATION TO CARE ABOUT MISTREATED PEOPLE!" no it isn't, the sad reality is 99% of people don't give a shit about things they aren't invested in.

jebby

Ok 👍
A vtuber agency I've never heard of has just exploded.

One talent as far as I can tell has a Youtube video scheduled about it.

This may or may not be related to this 👍:
Twitter algorithm showed me a graduated vtuber called grimmlyvt(not Grimmi VT) who's vagueposting about nepotism and teasing a possible return.

A
I've checked a bit and found a warosu post which says she's one of the Yume+ talents, Rhea nevermore. The post also says company favors one talent, no idea why. FYI Yume+ is one of the newer small agencies which did a digital concert with multiple watchalongs few weeks ago. Some of their talents were in numerous collabs. Rhea is the leftmost one

JusticeDog

Which of the talents do you think was the nepo hire / favorite?
:baeJam:

Top Bottom