"We should mirror our brains not the controller"Kaela Kovalskia

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Well, Holox was announced the day of debut so... :smugrys:
True
HoloJP has the buff of actually being loved and supported too
Rip the Niji hanger ons

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
True
HoloJP has the buff of actually being good and supported too
Rip the Niji hanger ons
Pretty much, Gen 6 is still the most popular JP gen to date on debut. Management just said "fuck it" and it worked out nonetheless.
Idk wtf they were thinking with Devis tbh, Holo is like Google in that respect, they just try out a bunch of shit braindead ideas and most of them don't work out.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Pretty much, Gen 6 is still the most popular JP gen to date on debut. Management just said "fuck it" and it worked out nonetheless.
Idk wtf they were thinking with Devis tbh, Holo is like Google in the respect, they just try out a bunch of shit braindead ideas and most of them don't work out.
DEVIS is wierd too but honestly ive seen nothing but passion from niggas who clip them, they've probably got some of the best JP clippers out there

Bronze

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
DEVIS is wierd too but honestly ive seen nothing but passion from niggas who clip them, they've probably got some of the best JP clippers out there
Yeah but they massively suffered in subs and initial attention, they're just this weird sub-order of the JP branch but haven't done anything to differentiate themselves and just seem like a new gen with extra steps.

If Holo wanted to do something different with 'em then give them 3D right out of the gate and those outfits from the trailers, make them focus entirely on idolshit like the second coming of Azki but better.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
And it's over
240310-171718.png

Well time to lurk in Globie and other corpos' debut marathons :depressedtako:

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
True. This will be an interesting case study. He wasn't that popular from what I remember but if he manages to keep atleast 50% of his audience, i would consider his transition into indie a success. Did he mention where he would be streaming?
Quinn will be streaming on both YT and Twitch. One thing that I find interesting is that he had been able to publicly say he’ll be returning in March, even as he was streaming as Kyo in February. Naturally his fanbase will be primed for the move. Future NijiEN graduations we know would guarantee some degree of viewership into a talent’s reincarnation, but under the auspices of Niji which is quite unprecedented.

@AmiYoshiko (Scarle’s PL) unlocked her twitter. Follow her if I were you in case she graduate out from Nijisanji, otherwise she might lock it again..
My guess is that by unlocking her Twitter she’s also looking forward to lend her support to Quinn’s debut.

Idk about you guys but this kind of stuff is more cringe to me than interesting at this point. "Overdone" would be a good way to describe it.
It would be only cringe to me if Brave used Idol as a gimmick to promote Globie’s new wave.

Last edited:

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

Omg it's March, hololive 5th is about to start, I thought it would be a long time, my memory seems to be stuck in pomu graduation:iryswooo:

Punished Lurker

Thanks for all the answers to the post, I'm going to take my time and give some thoughts to some of them
At least he's being professional about it... I hope. I think anyone who wants a quick popularity boost seeing all of this Niji shit will be looking for stuff to air out to the angry mob. And graduates have probably had their inboxes flooded with dramanigs trying to dig for info.
Seems like it, like I said I don't watch him so I have no idea if he's normally vague like this, but at least he seems to be acting professional enough, gonna keep my eye out to see if he keeps the same behavior once he starts Vtubing
Also Lando should actually transition since he is as good at vaugeposting as a woman and he is already a bit of a fag
Yup, I don't know if it's frustrations boiling over or if he's just the way he is, but still it's kinda a dumb moment
As a frequent watcher of Magni and Vesper, both of them seems to like butt heads with their managers for different reasons. For Magni it's because he's creative AF and having a vtuber model made him do lots of crazy shit (Judge Magni, loopstation streams, art streams, making his own 3D model in blender) mans talented and creative AF and he let it all out while he's in Holo. He always alluded that there are streams he can't do because of JP corpo reasons so methinks that was one of the reasons he bailed.

For Vesper, mans a grade-A autist. He can tangent for as long as he can. His problem with management is perms as we all know how JP is anal with copyright stuff. When he was initially suspended, the vibe with the boys were awkward AF so the rrat was he called them all gay chink Yamanbas who loves to suck cock. Still, Axel adored Vesper and Magni as he is still heartbroken that those two are gone from Holo. Right now I see Lando as the one most affected with leaving Holo than Randon.

So yeah, their graduation was... Something. If he's alluding that much then something fucked up happened and it got them both terminated. Lando is passionate but he's sometimes not the smartest when making decisions, he admitted it that much on his streams as Magni so he probably did a dumb thing cos he's from Commiefornia and Randon backed him up and it both got them fired for it.

Or they both called Omega a tranny fag. Who knows, NDA is a bitch.
Yeah I don't know what could have been the cause of their graduation but the way both of them just had no communication for a month and then graduated via a tweet was just weird. And like he says we'll probably never know because of the NDA (unless he decides to talk more than he should)
I skimmed the text file, viewed the video clips and doing a bit of speculation.. I'd speculating Magni quit cus of a combination of things.
  • He was getting a lot of hate, I'm assuming from unicorns who hated that he was collabing their Holo girl oshis. Maybe /vt got under his skin mocking him for Holostar's low subs and viewers.
  • He disliked his model, can't blame him on this.
  • He wasn't getting the 3k-10k+ ccv that the Holo girls and Niji guys typically get, maybe he wasn't willing to be the first gen of a branch and work his way up.
  • He got an initial boost from the Maggin' time memes but I got the impression he was slowly loosing viewers near the end
  • The idol singing and dancing stuff, game perm restrictions, having to restrain his faggy coomer shit and having to actually be professional self-motivated streamer was not what he wanted. It's actual work.
  • He legit thought he could pull his Magni fans over to his Prof Londo channel - a lot of bitterness here I think. He is jealous that Doki is keeping her Selen fans and getting a ton sympathy and drama subs. He probably copes and thinks it's cus she drops tons of hints, calling her fans Dragoons and keeping the intro music. It's totally not cus his Londo content is very diff from Magni while Doki is just unleashed Selen. He prob signed some sort of NDA agreement similar to Niji in that he can't really talk openly about his previous Magni persona.
  • His and Vesper were probably misery buddies, complaining about their situations in Holostars and talked each other into leaving.
Imo fuck him. If him and Vesper really cared about their fans they would have done some sort of graduation stream, farewell letter, or just hinted as Londo and Randon so their fans could get some sort of closure. Even Mel who got fired got to post a farewell letter, I highly doubt those two didn't get offered something similar. I think Magni has a huge ego and is unhappy he isn't doing better as an fleshtuber indie. A vtuber model is totally going to fix everything.

The way Axel and Regis talk about the two leaving is interesting.. again NDAs are annoying but my impression is that of course they're sad at how things went down but don't seem all that mad at the corpo. I'm just assuming the two had some angry exchanges and blowups with management and the two weren't big enough to want to deal with them so it was a mutual agreement to not renew. It is telling they got their model updates/redesigns first so I think Cover was at least somewhat trying to work with em.

Cover's vaunted recruitment magic took a hit with those two, clearly very talented people but not a good fit to be corpo vtubers.
Thanks for the analysis, I agree that it was probably a combination of all these things. And honestly I also got the impression the he seems mad about not doing as well as a fleshtuber indie, but as I don't watch him or know what his numbers are I don't know if my gut feeling is wrong or not. I also agree that Axel and Altare don't seem that mad at the corpo and everyone is (I think) still friends, so yes a mutual agreement seems to have been the result, after all it was a graduation and not a termination.
I am interested what his next moves will be
I don't think Holo has a clean record in any case, no corpo does imo. Heck, I'd be surprised if their contract would even be up to amerifat standards.
All in all Niji wasn't killed by Selen leaving, that was just the culmination of an entire year of shit of which this was the final straw. Holo hasn't gotten shoah'd imo because any tards wanting for attention know that the company is just too well liked atm. Maybe a big enough yab would rile some people up, specially those who don't care for or already hate the company, but you'd still have a shitload of people defending them, the only way to kill a big corpo is to grind away at the patience and trust of their fans.
I completely agree. Niji had a long streak of dramas and little things that culminated with Selen's situation being the detonator. On the other side it has been such a long time since Holo had a big drama that their reputation seems to be stronger than ever, even Mel's termination did not seem to have affected them that much.
Lando bitching about this shit now just really comes off as sour-graping at making a bad bet. I have no doubt more of his vtubing audience would've followed him into the Lando channel had he resurfaced there with a vtuber model. Vtuber audiences want to fucking watch vtubers - not a fleshtuber rehashing the same old gimmick.
Another thing these fags don't seem to get is that their audience was in youtube and they go on to twitch after they get fired/quit. It baffles me that these motherfuckers who are content creators cannot grasp the titanical task that is to get people to migrate to another platform, not even fucking ninja managed to get his army of kids to watch him on that defunct ms platform.
I think landon is that butthurt because after a year as magni, the dude is back on square one again and from what I read he was dropping professor landon because it wasn't working out. He did his time and thought I'm set but he doesn't get that people liked his magni character not the femboi who shakes his ass for donations. If he's such a woman eventually he'll have a meltdown like that tsunderia girl and we might get some info. It's just a matter of time.
I agree with both of these points, that's why I was interested in knowing what the changes in CCV were pre and post Hololive. I saw some Randon streams and even if his numbers are not as big as they were in Hololive it's still a sizable audience, so I don't know if Lando is actually unaware of how these changes to his content kind of drove his audience away or if he does and is still having a menhera moment
As much as I agree with the sentiment, there’s also Matara who seems to be pulling in 5-7k after switching to Twitch and folks like Onigiri and Sayu who are doing well simulcasting on both platforms. I think Lando himself doesn’t have that appeal for his Holo followers to follow him.

Next person to lookout for is Quinn’s debut next week. If he does well by going back to being a VTuber it wouldn’t surprise me if Lando follows suit.
I am curious what percent of Matara's current audience followed from Niji and what percent are Vshojo fans that picked her up when she debuted there.
Maybe he could rebrand. Keep the Prof Lando thing abut do Vtubing as a sidejob.

True. This will be an interesting case study. He wasn't that popular from what I remember but if he manages to keep atleast 50% of his audience, i would consider his transition into indie a success. Did he mention where he would be streaming?

Yup this is very important. Vshojo could probably announce a turd and they would still get a ton of viewership on Twitch because its Vshojo. Same goes for Hololive. They can announce a turd and the Youtube will get a ton of views. Additionally, Matara went from Vtuber to Vtuber. Lando went from Vtuber to Fleshtuber on another platform. A good chunk of Vtuber fans dont like Fleshtubing. Look at that poll Kson did back in the day where a good chunk of her audience doesnt tune-in when she does fleshtubing.

Randon went from Vtubing to Vtubing plus he also managed to do multistream as to not lose as many viewers to the platform change.
These are all about similar themes so I'm going to answer it all at once.

Lando is probably going to return to Vtubing independently of Quinn's debut, but it will be interesting to see what Quinn's reception will be and if he manages to keep his fame the weeks after. IIRC he should stream on Twitch and maybe upload his VODs to youtube, seems like he will do both Vtubing and fleshstreaming, similar to Kson. Also I think his CCV in youtube was around 1000-2000? but that was before the Selen drama and we'll also have to take into account the platform he streams on. Honestly I don't like the guy, something about him just doesn't sit well with me, but even so I think he'll get to keep some of his Niji audience both because of the drama and because he seems to have gotten a "Twitch-like" audience in Niji if it makes sense

Lando will probably keep doing the professor skits along with Vtubing, although who knows, maybe it will be affected by whatever happens after he starts

As for Matara I'm not sure about the percentage, but I do recognize some of the names in her chat from the old days, and there's also that christmas card she received from some momos indirectly saying they followed her. So I am certain that some part of her Niji audience followed her to Vshojo. Also Azehara makes a point I agree with: a considerable percentage of Vtuber fans don't like fleshtubing, so it will be interesting to see if both Lando and Quinn can make it work or not

Last edited:

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
I am a very happy Airihead/*insert Clara fanname*
Speaking of

Yeah it was back when she revealed it on the charity stream I was a very happy camper and still am

Also I had a pretty successful talk filled stream today where I yakked about every Vtuber I could think of while farming birth by sleep my throat is sore

Clara longs to be Japanese so much she even wants a Korean comfort woman
It's well into her stream by now but if anyone ever wanted to see what a roach losing it is like Matara has been mind-broken by Supermarket simulator. There's more boxes on the floor and outside then there are items on shelves. It's literally spilling into the streets.

Here's a short clip

Also she's back to using the good model, thank god.

God I love mentally ill bug women
Daily reminder he is friends with 39daph and his collab with her got memoryholed in record time .
39daph also was carrying water for Niji at the start of the Selen Shoah for no real good reason beyond her being retarded.

This may sound faggy but for that thing alone i hope Doki never gives him the time of the day for whatever reason.
I really wish those two tards would stop making the unicorn fags right

Funny man enjoying Japan

Those loser was too normie for monster girls but will wear a faggy bead bracelet and paint his nails. Yes I am a hater
Nah Brave finally bought them out :smugpipi:
Can't wait for that drama implosion

Boog update

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Idk wtf they were thinking with Devis tbh, Holo is like Google in that respect, they just try out a bunch of shit braindead ideas and most of them don't work out.
Eh I think there's a difference, Holo's experimental ideas at least seem to be good faith attempts at expanding the company, shit like dev_is, the chuuni Council/Omega lore, Project Hope, the 3D game that's been sitting in limbo for years etc. at least make sense on paper and sound fitting for an entertainment company. Google's odd projects seem like very calculated controlled losses, nobody would've earnestly thought there'd be strong market demand for a cloud-exclusive gaming service like Stadia in 2019, it's just the kind of thing you sink money into to pull you under a tax threshold then shut down once it's no longer needed.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Ina members post. She's prerecording some videos to release while in Japan. (Sounds like we're getting more elden ring).
ina_members_post_2024-03-10.PNG
ina_members_post_2024-03-10_2.PNG
|w ' ) Ellooooo

Managed to record one episode of a game....that's been long overdue to finish the playthrough haha
I thought for maybe I can play through and release some of the games that I haven't finished on stream as a video for the days I will be away for a long period of time!
Will probably air this episode during the week or so trip for Fes so please be on a lookout for it! \( o w o )/
p.s. totally didn't spend the first 10 minutes trying to remember how to play the game HAHA...ha...hahah....

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
Roca currently live with an unarchived karaoke stream. Wonder if Idol’s ARG antics might seep a bit into here.

frz

I am curious what percent of Matara's current audience followed from Niji and what percent are Vshojo fans that picked her up when she debuted there.
Yup this is very important. Vshojo could probably announce a turd and they would still get a ton of viewership on Twitch because its Vshojo. Same goes for Hololive. They can announce a turd and the Youtube will get a ton of views.
If only there was a vtuber the equivalent of turd in Vshojo for comparison, someone who doesn't stream, has the personality of a turd and only internet footprint is her roommate married a popular anime youtuber yet got shoehorned into every single projects. Too bad there isn't one.:smugmoona:
On a completely unrelated note. Here's vshojo's Hajime stats
image.png

Here's matara kan stats over last 3 months
image.png

I plucked a random month (April 2023) Nina Kosaka's stat: April 2023 far enough to not be affected by graduation and recent enough before it. She scored average 1079 CCV with a 3241 peak on a 4-person collab.
Everything after this is an assumption:
I'm willing to say at the minimum 90% of her regular viewers who tuned into her every stream moved over. Around 70% of her a bit less hardcore viewer followed. Say 2k are Vshojo fans who'd watch any Vshojo members, 900 are Nina Viewers, and the other 600 she gained from this past year as a streamer. Just looking at the average that is.
Yeah but they massively suffered in subs and initial attention, they're just this weird sub-order of the JP branch but haven't done anything to differentiate themselves and just seem like a new gen with extra steps.

If Holo wanted to do something different with 'em then give them 3D right out of the gate and those outfits from the trailers, make them focus entirely on idolshit like the second coming of Azki but better.
Holo clearly was trying to imitate nijisanji but didn't want to voice it out. I have no doubt if a JP7 were to come out fully themed like HoloX with a bunch of chuuni vtuber lore they'd easily whop Advent ass. Regloss as good as talents are and while they have great unity, they share 0 common in themes other than "idol group?" and their launch was definitely botched because Holo didn't prepare any real answer while everyone inside knowing it was a nijisanji clone.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Inshalla the baby is returning to us 🙏

Horo7618

No one in particular
Kiara member's stream notes

• Visit to Ina was kind of spontaneous
  • Trip wasn't Fes-related, but tied to some kind of sponsorship thing (didn't provide details, we'll see it "soon")
  • Travel got messed up due to various cancellations, she was supposed to be home several days earlier
  • Lengthy complaints about airline customer service...
  • Cover managers have access to some kind of corporate travel portal thing, Jenma was asleep but a different manager was able to re-book flights for her when the airline wasn't helpful
  • This was a work trip so Cover had booked the flights, even paid for business class....
  • Heading back to JP very soon for Fes, doesn't have enough time to get properly ready for that.
  • Had a sudden realization that the JP flights might be populated with Holo-fans, doesn't want to be recognized....
  • Has been doing some mocap work for Kanauru for an MV
  • She's trying to improve her home Mocap setup (finding better ways of securing the trackers and stuff)
  • While in Canada she went to Tim Hortons and liked it - from what little I know of Canada, this is a demonstration of terrible taste as they have gone to hell?
  • Does Jenma have competition?!? The same manager who helped her with travel also went to Canada for the sponsorship thing, she was cute and funny and had a nice accent (UK). Kiara liked roasting her....
  • Mama'nis showed her crochet chickens she was working on and Kiara was like "OMG can I have one" and that made her very happy according to Ina, so she has a Mama'nis crochet chicken now.
  • She's being a bit more careful about trip details than she usually would be on a post trip stream, to avoid doxing Ina
  • Diversion into EU vs NA tipping practices....
  • At home Kiara rarely orders food these days (she's not counting her Hello Fresh subscription in that, though....)
  • Helped some JP travelers buy train tickets at the airport in Austria, they started asking her for restaurant recommendations in Salzburg and stuff (they were doing a Sound of Music trip)
  • While she was helping the JP people a random girl came up and started asking her how to learn JP, made Kiara feel like a senpai
  • She is happy to see JP people traveling to Austria, feels like they are almost all retirees as working age folks can't take vacations long enough to come
  • Utano Pandora sent in a milestone chat, she's been a member for 18 months
  • Maybe only 1 stream this week before Fes, but she booked 3 slots in the studio the week after (and might also do a member stream if she can fit it in)
  • She's going to be in JP for 2 weeks more or less

Last edited:

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom