"Guh"Mori Calliope

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
It's times like this where I find NDAs especially annoying because while I get it in a general sense, unless Cover were literally selling puppies to Chinese meat farms to fund their operations it'd probably cause less drama if he were able to just state the facts in full, rather than having to skirt around particular details. I fucking hate vagueposting but at the same time I can't be entirely mad at Lando for wanting to say something, since there are a decent chunk of people who saw the (also vague) graduation notice and assumed the worst. Maybe he and Vesper were acting like menhera women, but maybe they genuinely were assigned particularly bad managers and had a worse experience because of it. We'll never know.

Transparency (in earnest, not le meme PR sense) over graduations/terminations is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for both parties. If the reasons for leaving are disclosed then it's a one-sided account which can be picked apart and spun uncharitably against either the corpo or talent, but a generic, professional notice just allows the most sensational rrat to become the accepted canon version of events within certain portions of the audience, essentially defaming someone by omission.

MyName

Is there any Lando watcher here? or a Randon one? I found something interesting that seems worth getting an opinion from someone who has more knowledge about them than me

So apparently Lando had a stream like two weeks ago before he left for vacations, and he seems to have talked about returning to vtubing, having a model commisioned that sort of thing. But the real interesting thing is that he vagueposted hard in part of that stream. What got my attention at first was that he namedropped Doki but then he also alluded to other things from his time in Holo.
Here's a summary I found, which misses some context but gives an idea of what he talked https://files.catbox.moe/kkq1ro.txt
And here's the stream, the important section goes from 2h 10m to 2h 34m
There is a lot to unpack in those 20 or so minutes so I do recommend to listen to it at 1.5 speed, I don't trust myself well enough to correctly summarize his thoughts, but he basically seems to be unsatisfied with how his time with Vtubing ended and feeling angry about it. That no one had guessed yet what had happened behind the curtain, and that he would never be specific about it in order to not make a mess out of things or bother anyone, and that Randon might have gone through something similar.
Honestly I don't know what to think about he's alluding, like he seems to think it was a bad break but at the same time from what I have seen from the other Holostars they don't seem to be having as much problems with the managers as magni or vesper seem to had or even trouble with 3D for example, so I don't know if he's being as he says "chuuni" or if something actually went wrong in his time there.
So what I wanted to ask is that I haven't followed Lando at all ever since he stopped Vtubing so I wanted to know, is his audience still as big as it was when he was with Holo or did he lose viewers? has he taken a lot of breaks? Now that I think about it I haven't seen any of his videos in a very long time

From Landos stream alone it seems some things went down behind the scenes that we don't know about and Randon probably had his back.

The Doki part is him mostly being angry with himself that he couldn't tell the whole world, "I'm Magni! Here's what I did!", not comparing his situation with hers.
Behind the scenes might have been similar between them. Both trying to do creative/ambitious projects and being told NO by Japanese company retardation.

We know Judge Magni was bared from continuing, who knows what else he had in the works.

We all know that Randon wouldn't have worked out in the long run. Man has more issues than One Piece. He genuinely seems happier now with a smaller (but still sizable) audience. I'm just sad that he hasn't done much since not being shackled by jp corpo autism.

Untill now I thought that Lando simply joined Holo to get his name out to a different audiance and than bailed to focus all his energy at the professor character, but now I'm not sure.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

Sadly this isn't actually Vesper challenging Takeshi Nofriendsjin live on stream. It was in reference to him waking up and playing Fallout for 4 hours and not even taking a shower or brushing his teeth.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Stop licking batteries bunny girl.
Well how else is she supposed to get amped up?

Coco Kiryu-sounding ass hag retardation requires at least 9 volts. Her singing might require a car battery (12 V).

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
We know Judge Magni was bared from continuing, who knows what else he had in the works.
Last time I saw this mentioned, I looked through VODs and only reference to this I found was Magni saying he killed it himself because he didn't want to pigeonhole his content.

Edit:

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Last time I saw this mentioned, I looked through VODs and only reference to this I found was Magni saying he killed it himself because he didn't want to pigeonhole his content.
If that's the case I think he was lying why else would he revive it as Lando?

The Rrat

Early Adopter
If that's the case I think he was lying why else would he revive it as Lando?
Why would he lie about management killing it? They are not barred from saying that stuff and he was open about when other shit was killed.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
The Virtual Asylum Thread Recap
Pages 2850-2900

Other Recap parts can be found [HERE]

Ᵽ PHC: Phase Connect
▷ HLO: Hololive
☆ HST: Holostars
◷ NIJ: Nijisanji
₪ IDL: Idol Corp
Ⓥ VSJ: VShojo
ⓘ INF: Highly informative

post | Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama dies at 68

Holofes 5 - Capture the Moment
thread
post | ▷ HLO | CGV Cinemas in Indonesia screening Holofes
post | Info on CGV, a big international cinema chain, quality stuff
post | More info on CGV, weeb friendly, prices

post | People online talking about CGV
post | Free gifts, arguments so far
post | Official ID account retweets Fanding Live viewing tickets info

post | Kiara members only post, seems like everything really is last minute this time

Nijisanji L Collection thread
post | ◷ NIJ | Ᵽ PHC | Legal Mindset stream screencap, Reganne Carpenter superchat about Phase split being 50/50. Context - Legal Mindset was going through Nijisanji talent contract
post | Google doc of a recreation of the contract
post | Mizuchi / Raziel Warmonic, ex Luka's mod, talks about understanding why he was so secretive about her - contract prohibits subcontracting without prior written consent of Niji

post | Ghost Data about working with Niji
post | JP bros noticed Legal Mindset's stream. Also Request - TL;DR of Niji's contract leak
post | Summary of Nijisanji talent contract shenanigans

post | Alban Knox retweeted Dearsqn's (ex Pomu) maid cafe tweet
post | ☆ HST | Alban is also Altare's friend

post | Ᵽ PHC | VTPatches with Hoshiumi patch

post | Recommendation - Dex TokuYasu, male boomer vtuber with a live audiobook narration stream

post | ◷ NIJ | Discussion on Ducky's reaction to OffKai announcement continues

post | ▷ HLO | HYTE with Hololive collab, keycap set
post | IRyS with a Birthday countdown, she is close to 1 MLN subs
post | Later - IRyS Birthday Live

post | There will be members only encore
post | Bae, Fauna and Kronii stats, race to MLN subs
post | Twilight watchalong with 6 people

post | Later - Twilight remake will be an animated series, Ollie imagines Edward as a vtuber
post | Keekihime will be at Thailand's AniEx this May
post | FuwaMoco are in Japan, getting donuts with their manager
post | Later - Ally & Sally are also in Japan

post | Request - TL;DR for someone after 2 months AFK

post | Recommendation - Murray, playing RimWorld

post | PRISM project gen 3 outfit debuts dates
post | Tobyn Jacobs with PRISM members cutouts
post | Seems like he skipped Niji and Vshojo edit - he did IronMouse
post | More info on him and his family on Farms

post | About Mikeneko being blocked from Apex tournament - Mafu Mafu connection to organizers, Crazy Racoon (CR). Daichi Takano, Neo-Porte etc

post | ☆ HST | Josuiji Shinri with a tweet "thank you for giving me the chance to be here with everyone. 🏹💛🎏"
post | He is in Japan with Axel and Hakka
post | LexParte (not Shinri) continues to lawyer post
post | Lando joins the boys

post | Dokibird got invited to JP Apex tournament - not blacklisted

post | Clip - Vtubers talking about being a corpo illustrator, in the context of an ongoing discussion

post | Request - A quick rundown of this Jeff McBiceps

post | Graduation stream - Reiny, 9 hours of content

post | ⓘ INF | An update on the Unicreate / Liverary situation, they tried to keep graduated Himari Mochizuki's crowfunding campaign running
post | Other thread - Sudden Black Companies Collab! Unicreate lied to Anycolor to get JP artist Anesama_Daisuki into trouble, Anycolor threatens Anesama, who says Anycolor lawyer used the CEO's seal without his permission (and acted without evidence)

post | ₪ IDL | Momo is coming back

post | Bri (origially Cheri from Vreverie) is receivig a lot of backlash on Twitter for her way of dealing with trauma dumping. Discussion follows
post | How she handles it
post | Possible reincarnation - Koziichu, Alpaca vtuber

post | Ᵽ PHC | Panko's suspending streams until she gets better
post | Muyu is also sick

post | Discussion on vertical streaming / shorts

post | Recommendation - SandyLoamAtSea, who installed SpongeBob font as default which breaks some tech

post | Recommendation - Ui, a singer on YouTube, was suddenly recommended to a bunch of vtuber fans
post | Possible PL - Sougetsu Eli formerly of 774
post | Video for comparison from 4 years ago
post | Awoogers with info on Sougetsu Eli, confirms it is her

post | Vtuber adjacent - Rooster teeth is shutting down

post | Crunchyroll Hime is back

post | Dokibird is #4 on the Top February vtubers by avg viewers, really close to Niji's Kuzuha. Discussion on the recent drama affecting numbers
post | Recommendation - unbicile (@unbicile on YouTube), effort-clipper
post | Dokibird invited to Nessie Cup, Apex event

post | Nessie Cup stream
post | Ⓥ VSJ | Dokibird announced an upcoming collab with Amalee, Cy Yu and Froot. Discussion on Nijisanji Vshojo / Kson follows
post | Kson was on the Sutogura GTA server alongside some Niji members

post | Brown Woman Update
post | Recommendation - Senya

post | ▷ HLO | Big EN & ID collab, Goose Goose Duck
post | Fauna celebrates her World Tree's Birthday
post | TNS9 participants Primity and Gdon were wearing Towa and Risu hats

post | Archive - Nanashi Mumei - 【CHATTING & SINGING】 oh hi hi hi
Also Archive - IRyS - 【KARAOKE _ 耐久歌枠】 1 MILLION ENDURANCE VERTICAL KARAOKE & BIRTHDAY COUNTDOWN!
Also Archive - IRyS - 【KARAOKE _ 歌枠】 1 Hour Vertical Unarchived Karaoke!
Also Archive - Kou Mariya - 【歌枠_Karaoke】 fun unarchived cool karaoke!!!!!
| ₪ IDL | Also Archive - Roca Rourin - 【UNARCHIVED KARAOKE _ 歌枠】A tiny girl with a big passion for singing~

post | ₪ IDL | Yuko is premiering her first vlog

post | Recommendation - Alfhilde, Swedish Viking vtuber
post | About her content

post | Maid Mint (dearsqn, ex Pomu) started using her twitter account again
post | Bluesky account she posted
post | Her chubby maid cafe tweet blew up enough for her to mute a thread. She doesn't miss an opportunity to shill MGS

post | ◷ NIJ | Rosemi and Petra will announce something. Also Petra is going to do 3D debut (overlaping Hololive 5th Fes' stage 1)
post | Rosemi also getting her 3D debut

post | Nanobites about her recent streaming resurge, she feels great

post | Elia Stellaria Birthday stream, merch

post | Ᵽ PHC | Remi has a dedicated Korean clipper, (@user-garamme on YouTube)
post | Question - Is Moon Jelly being Jelly Hoshiumi meant to be public knowledge?

post | The Alleles Project will be shutting down after their first Live

post | ◷ NIJ | Scarle has an interesting suitcase to bring through TSA

post | ▷ HLO | Watame canceled today's stream, feeling sick

post | Sawa with a garden update, she got sprouts in her mini green house

post | Tech - QR code for donations

post | DeniaL continues reading the Nolan Crush thread, stream features 100% not Hakka

post | ▷ HLO | Aqua got a model upgrade. Same artist and overall design
post | Clip - Fubuki Miko chess game, with moves analyses

post | Globie teases new girls
post | Recommendation - Reina Ronronea

post | OffKai Expo reveals Nyaru 2.0 model, announces her as a guest

post | Vtuber karaoke club collab

post | Tomoe got Twitch partner. Also TomatoFlavoured's (Mozumi Pichi) second outfit is coming soon

post | Ⓥ VSJ | Clip - Ironmouse talks about drama
post | It was posted much earlier, check it out if you are interested in the discussion
post | Froot got shit for revealing her autism diagnosys apparently

post | Clip - Sayu talks about failing to reconcile with people, requests for people to stop lumping her with them

post | Flork's Socks Vtubing Agency teases a boob

post | Hexa finaly got her Twitch name to drop the VT part at the end

post | Alleged Graduation - Amano SAerafi graduated from V&U, as told by alleged TheFunnyMan, her mod and friend
post | She was on hiatus, supposedly complained about management on alt. Also this is an anniversary, so contract renewal time
post | Some additional info

post | Debut - Quinn Benet (ex Kyo Kaneko) vtuber debut trailer
post | His dark traits test results

post | Godzilla1984 news

post | ◷ NIJ | Salome created an official pawn for Dragon's Dogma 2, so did Limealicious and Snuffy

post | Geega, Jabroni Mike and Vinesauce collab, infinite craft bingo

post | ▷ HLO | Subaru celebrates 2000 days since the debut
post | Aqua's SAO sidequest. Also a Question - If your oshi could get into a game, what would you want it to be?

post | Ᵽ PHC | Big Phase Collab Overwatch collab
post | POVs

post | Recommendation - Tetel is a JP vtuber who speaks some English and has been posting diary entries everyday

post | Recommendation - Kiki plays Chrono Trigger for the first time

post | ◷ NIJ | Old but gold - Sister Claire welcomes a coomer to wath her stream

post | The Omega Sisters, the original vtuber twins had their 6 year Anniversary

post | Recommendation - Daily Dose Of Henya The Genius, zatsu montages

post | Ⓥ VSJ | K9Kuro is going to put out a Travel Vlog

post | ▷ HLO | Reine celebrates 3 year Anniversary
post | New Yagoo interview, talking about the Japanese market shrinking and the problems with hardware-first VR businesses and more
post | Cover interviewed their Engineering department

post | Rica (@kuroneko_datenn, ex Yozora Mel) posts an IRL vid, covering her face

post | ◷ NIJ | Claude posted YouTube play button, tweets "not once, but twice" with two photos. Later he clarified that he got only one button

post | Last Nina and Soya collab before graduation

post | Ⓥ VSJ | Clip - Kuro tells a story about his ex girlfriend

post | ▷ HLO | Nerissa Bao collab

post | Parrot4chan, Rima Evenstar, Depressed Nousagi drinking collab stream
post | Short summary

post | ⓘ INF | Spanish class with Nenélove

post | Update - Whimzies situation, she says she reported to FBI about cyber harassment, working on pursuing legal actions on grounds of defamation. "I didn't dox her, I was joking" - paraphrasing

post | Recommendation - Kaminari Clarafied, clipper channel

post | Obake PAM is making another big multitalent concert

post | ◷ NIJ | Sajam Tekkem Slam on Twitch, Rosemi and Victoria participating

post | Nanobites handcam stream, discussion on her opsec and previous doxxes

post | MariMari_EN Uwoslab collab

post | Zumi from EIEN is playing Jedi Academy

post | Ᵽ PHC | Shiina, Sayu, Savii, Yozora Aoi collab, playing Helldivers 2
post | About Yozora Aoi, apparently she was involved in something ugly
post | Info about LittleS, who was alleged victim of Yozora Aoi

post | Yokomeshi info, Yozora and LittleS, screenshots
post | Counter points

post | ▷ HLO | Debut - Sally, Kronii's friend. Discussion on their relationship follows shortly after
post | Kronii 3D birthday live was announced. Also notes from the stream
post | Rrat - "Sally is her sister" arguments

post | Ᵽ PHC | Rima Evenstar's new vid on The Controversial Rise of Pipkin Pippa

post | Invaluable kitchen lesson from uncle Todd

post | ▷ HLO | Kaela is sick, throat hurts

post | Question - What does a female vtuber with a female target audience actually look like?
post | Clips - Several vtubers talking about their audiences

post | About winning by doing nothing - on the businesses taking risks

post | ▷ HLO | Mori Calliope has a big JP announcent coming up
post | hololive productions return to Anime Boston with more events
post | Roboco celebrates her 6th Anniversary
post | Botan announced the participants for her SF6 tournament, interesting sponsors, list of participants

post | 3D debut - Lisa Makoh from Re:AcT
post | Info on Lisa's 3D showcase, screenshots, setlist, interesting guests including Shishigami Leona and Hanabasami Kyo. Also Furen's Birthday 3D Live

post | Henemimi celebrates her Birthday and 3 year Anniversary with a 3 day long marathon

post | Archive - Amiya - Cha-La Head-Cha-La

post | Sena Bonbon got invited to OffKai Expo

post | ◷ NIJ | Fulgur Ovid got a new model, with long hairs and a beard

post | Recommendation - Honey Goblin on Twitch

post | ₪ IDL | Juna's channel got hacked, CS:GO skins

post | Ᵽ PHC | Phase collab, Elden Ring

post | Recommendation - Amiya Aranha playing with her Casio Loopy

post | Ᵽ PHC | Possible new talents - Dizzy raided a new channel after the Phase Weekly
post | Maybe managers, like Muumi with upgraded model
post | Dizzy teased 4 colors

post | Tech - Rigger Alkanimate shows off a card swipe animation for nyxiena's model. Guess where you swipe the card

post | Possible reincarnation - Woozie might be resurfacing in V&U as Tomomi Toraya. Was also know as Teeny Tommie

post | Ᵽ PHC | Tenma, Clara, Runie watchalong of Aabra Ka Dabra (2004)

post | Meimi Majokko privated recent cover because the wrong version was uploaded

DM me about mistakes, missing info, with general feedback!

Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Is there any Lando watcher here? or a Randon one? I found something interesting that seems worth getting an opinion from someone who has more knowledge about them than me

So apparently Lando had a stream like two weeks ago before he left for vacations, and he seems to have talked about returning to vtubing, having a model commisioned that sort of thing. But the real interesting thing is that he vagueposted hard in part of that stream. What got my attention at first was that he namedropped Doki but then he also alluded to other things from his time in Holo.
Here's a summary I found, which misses some context but gives an idea of what he talked https://files.catbox.moe/kkq1ro.txt
And here's the stream, the important section goes from 2h 10m to 2h 34m
There is a lot to unpack in those 20 or so minutes so I do recommend to listen to it at 1.5 speed, I don't trust myself well enough to correctly summarize his thoughts, but he basically seems to be unsatisfied with how his time with Vtubing ended and feeling angry about it. That no one had guessed yet what had happened behind the curtain, and that he would never be specific about it in order to not make a mess out of things or bother anyone, and that Randon might have gone through something similar.
Honestly I don't know what to think about he's alluding, like he seems to think it was a bad break but at the same time from what I have seen from the other Holostars they don't seem to be having as much problems with the managers as magni or vesper seem to had or even trouble with 3D for example, so I don't know if he's being as he says "chuuni" or if something actually went wrong in his time there.
So what I wanted to ask is that I haven't followed Lando at all ever since he stopped Vtubing so I wanted to know, is his audience still as big as it was when he was with Holo or did he lose viewers? has he taken a lot of breaks? Now that I think about it I haven't seen any of his videos in a very long time

Like the others have pointed out, both magni and vesper's graduations were likely a result of a built-up tension between management and other things related. Despite raking in quite the popularity in the male VTuber-sphere, there's no quick way to ensure them of hololive-sized audiences from the get-go so at most you're joining 1st gen starsEN to gain decent management and low 3-view status.

Since others have pointed out both their personality and demeanor that could lead to them being unfit for corpo so here's my perspective as a starsJP watcher:
IMO if you were to compare how the stars' gets treated vs hololive then yes, there's a clear disparage and favoritism to the point it makes some fans doubt whether the management was really putting in the effort (As it was widely believed that starsJP initially gets their big break through rampant promotion by its fans especially during gen3 debut instead of Cover themselves, though I also believe gen3's direction to be the 'fanservice-y idol' also what helps them pull up more attention to new watchers).
The thing is that there's some truth to it, ie. the infamous Astel stream where he was crying about being unable to deliver his project to its 100% potential because of management limitation (possibly budget-related), merch generalization woes, and Arurandeisu's model change which was believed to rake in more female fans that often prefers the young-ikemen type, all of these decisions can be denied but they were forced to be a realist about their situation because like it or not starsJP isn't making big money as their sister branch does.
Does this mean joining them gives no benefit whatsoever? Not really, carrying hololive brand is still a big boost for them as they're still getting PR offers and brand collaborations. And you're still getting access to their upgraded 3D tech (granted it's easier for JP talents but I believe there's a lot to be discussed when it comes to making overseas tracking studios especially when they have to deal with talent's privacy etc.) and so on.
If you're a male VTuber, you maybe might have a chance of hitting it better as an indie but holostars gives you a good footing and early exposure to the most tight-knit fans community. So it's only a matter of trying to get yourself used to the JP corpo regulation at its worst

TL;DR there's still a problem with how COVER manages holostars in general especially if you compare it to hololive but these are things they could and should choose to improve on before they start losing more of their prominent talents.
At the end of the day, they're still a decent group to pick if you're planning to go on corpo route.

I skimmed the text file, viewed the video clips and doing a bit of speculation.. I'd speculating Magni quit cus of a combination of things.
  • He was getting a lot of hate, I'm assuming from unicorns who hated that he was collabing their Holo girl oshis. Maybe /vt got under his skin mocking him for Holostar's low subs and viewers.
  • He disliked his model, can't blame him on this.
  • He wasn't getting the 3k-10k+ ccv that the Holo girls and Niji guys typically get, maybe he wasn't willing to be the first gen of a branch and work his way up.
  • He got an initial boost from the Maggin' time memes but I got the impression he was slowly loosing viewers near the end
  • The idol singing and dancing stuff, game perm restrictions, having to restrain his faggy coomer shit and having to actually be professional self-motivated streamer was not what he wanted. It's actual work.
  • He legit thought he could pull his Magni fans over to his Prof Londo channel - a lot of bitterness here I think. He is jealous that Doki is keeping her Selen fans and getting a ton sympathy and drama subs. He probably copes and thinks it's cus she drops tons of hints, calling her fans Dragoons and keeping the intro music. It's totally not cus his Londo content is very diff from Magni while Doki is just unleashed Selen. He prob signed some sort of NDA agreement similar to Niji in that he can't really talk openly about his previous Magni persona.
  • His and Vesper were probably misery buddies, complaining about their situations in Holostars and talked each other into leaving.
Imo fuck him. If him and Vesper really cared about their fans they would have done some sort of graduation stream, farewell letter, or just hinted as Londo and Randon so their fans could get some sort of closure. Even Mel who got fired got to post a farewell letter, I highly doubt those two didn't get offered something similar. I think Magni has a huge ego and is unhappy he isn't doing better as an fleshtuber indie. A vtuber model is totally going to fix everything.

The way Axel and Regis talk about the two leaving is interesting.. again NDAs are annoying but my impression is that of course they're sad at how things went down but don't seem all that mad at the corpo. I'm just assuming the two had some angry exchanges and blowups with management and the two weren't big enough to want to deal with them so it was a mutual agreement to not renew. It is telling they got their model updates/redesigns first so I think Cover was at least somewhat trying to work with em.

Cover's vaunted recruitment magic took a hit with those two, clearly very talented people but not a good fit to be corpo vtubers.
Afaik the entire tempus were still good friends post-graduation so whatever happened behind a closed door is probably something they've chosen to accept and move on with, I couldn't imagine the other two continuing their starsEN careers if something deeply fucked up happened in the management so my bet is also on lando and randon being unable to keep up with corpo demands and getting extra heat from other problems.
For the model update, I also can imagine a scenario where it has been in the works for so long and they couldn't just shelve it away despite already walking towards the graduation door

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It's times like this where I find NDAs especially annoying because while I get it in a general sense, unless Cover were literally selling puppies to Chinese meat farms to fund their operations it'd probably cause less drama if he were able to just state the facts in full, rather than having to skirt around particular details. I fucking hate vagueposting but at the same time I can't be entirely mad at Lando for wanting to say something, since there are a decent chunk of people who saw the (also vague) graduation notice and assumed the worst. Maybe he and Vesper were acting like menhera women, but maybe they genuinely were assigned particularly bad managers and had a worse experience because of it. We'll never know.

Transparency (in earnest, not le meme PR sense) over graduations/terminations is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for both parties. If the reasons for leaving are disclosed then it's a one-sided account which can be picked apart and spun uncharitably against either the corpo or talent, but a generic, professional notice just allows the most sensational rrat to become the accepted canon version of events within certain portions of the audience, essentially defaming someone by omission.
Why is he talking about it NOW though? He didn't bring it up right after the graduation, bringing it up now just seems like wanting to do a Selen but knowing it's not gonna fly. Honestly Selen is gonna give so many corpo chuubas some terrible fucking ideas of how much popularity they will retain after graduating, I can see a few people foolishly immolating themselves because they think they can steal their corpo's audience share like she did.

No Holo chuuba has done better numbers or relevance in streaming after leaving except Aloe, and she literally had one stream.

Last edited:

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
I really liked Magni, but I think it's safe to say that he's the biggest woman that I've ever watched.

UberSoldat

Lando was this insecure huh? That's a shame, I never watched him but I enjoyed his time as a Holostar.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Real and true my negro

I really liked Magni, but I think it's safe to say that he's the biggest woman that I've ever watched.

I'd hope that he wasn't as oblivious at least to the reasons why people haven't hopped over to him like they did Doki and to a lesser extent Randon. Like he is way too deep in the sauce as Lando. He even joked about being the Daniel Day Lewis of vtubers, and honestly I can believe it. If Lando was vtuberized it would just be Lando in a Halloween outfit. I think he needs a side gig as another personality to regain like the Magni crowd.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
IMO if you were to compare how the stars' gets treated vs hololive then yes, there's a clear disparage and favoritism to the point it makes some fans doubt whether the management was really putting in the effort
I mean, what exactly do people expect? Most of the JP boys are lucky to break 1000 CCV and firmly sit below 500 most of the time. While EN has a better time of it, Roberu is probably the only one who is solidly a 4 view in JP. They get better support than anyone in Nijisanji at a similar size would get.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I think he needs a side gig as another personality to regain like the Magni crowd.
I don't think he will ever regain the crowd. Randon's content didn't even really change and he lost a lot of viewers. Part of the appeal of Holo is their interactions with their group and he threw that away. The viewers moved on from him. I think Lando is starting to regret quitting, which is why we are hearing the complaints now.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I don't think he will ever regain the crowd. Randon's content didn't even really change and he lost a lot of viewers. Part of the appeal of Holo is their interactions with their group and he threw that away. The viewers moved on from him. I think Lando is starting to regret quitting, which is why we are hearing the complaints now.
he's a clout chaser so he only misses the leeching he did back then.

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
he's a clout chaser so he only misses the leeching he did back then.
I really wish I didn't agree with you, but suddenly bringing all this up again after Doki gets a wave of support really seems mean spirited, and I can't imagine Axel especially to have stuck around if the management was actually that vile.

For Vesper, I don't think he was suited to a corpo. He has too niche tastes in games and too much menhera. Maybe he could've been wrangled, but I understand it being a poor fit.

I hoped Magni was in a similar boat. Obviously he still had his furry femboy content, but it seems telling that he's only started to think about doing Judge Lando or whatever it is months later after it's clear his audience didn't follow him.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
I'll give Randon some slack because he seems to be a legit basket case, and a lot of things could have contributed to him leaving

Vesper was never going to make it, period, that much was clear after his suspension and Japan debacle
From all his zatsus about he used to act during college - getting routinely drunk, choosing to go out to a bar during a fucking hurricane, fucking getting stabbed, etc, he always struck me as that "fun guy to hang-out with in college but definitely has something off about him. Great for hanging out with but just has too many screws loose to expect some consistency.

Dude definitely could've made a career of it had he stayed in Holo and just did zatsus and just fucking played the games they had perms for. Really just felt like he went "ride-and-die" with Magni on a showdown with management and they both overestimated their bargaining position. There was clearly a market for "bro" male vtubers that did just what they were all already doing as Tempus - fucking around playing video games with each other that didn't have to cater to a female audience or GFE.

I feel like Lando and Randon really just hyper-focused on the shit they weren't allowed to do instead of trying to work with the shit they were allowed to. I mean FFS, both of them had the highest sub-count among the four of them and look at Axel and Blue Boy now - both just kept their nose to the grindstone and they fucking got their 3D debut and actually got to meet Yagoo.

Lando bitching about this shit now just really comes off as sour-graping at making a bad bet. I have no doubt more of his vtubing audience would've followed him into the Lando channel had he resurfaced there with a vtuber model. Vtuber audiences want to fucking watch vtubers - not a fleshtuber rehashing the same old gimmick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom