"Fuck you Sakana I smell perfectly fine!"Fujikura Uruka
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Eureka

If you're intrested, Murray is live playing RimWorld.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
This woman is going to kill me with night-time JP streams.
Edit: She remade the stream because she forgot the #shorts tag.

Last edited:

Bronze

Prism gen 3 outfit debuts dates are up.

GOTBB

I caught up with the latest TWILIGHT watchalong and... 6 is too many for a watchalong.
The way Iofi and Kosekei got away with basically not saying anything the entire time.

Also Fauna and the other one were pretty funny and got along so well in their TWILIGHT watchalongs, but it felt like they were holding back a lot.
It was still pretty good but I just knew it could have been better with a combination of just 3 of ANYONE in this collab.

Still, I will be there for the next one as I feel "all-in".
Also, for how much Nerissa hates it, she sure knows a fuckton about Twilight.

Stunned But Dumb

Also, for how much Nerissa hates it, she sure knows a fuckton about Twilight.
No one hates a series more than a fan of that series

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Re:AcT's Usuwa Suu will be singing with Kannagi Tenri and 774inc's Suzumi Nemo. All three are good so do watch and listen at 8PM JST.

She will also premiere her third single MV Rashiku at 10PM JST.

Matsuri the ENTP will play the Trolley Problem at 6PM JST.

The thumbnail is not the usual gold/human but choosing between running over a productive member of society or five NEETs.

More VSpo vertical society clip starring Nose, Beni, and Hinano.

Some of the holos shilling acrylic stands yesterday.

This great clip can be explained in two words.

Kushami tasukaru.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
First the good
Fx8KuMaagAEQOuU

Dinosaur dude where ya at? Source

According to the rrats Cover asked the organizers to remove her because Stars was also participating, i dont think this is true but it was oddly convenient

Edit: Dont worry guys, sockman will save Vtubing

You mean Mafu, right? Why would Hololive care?
Mafu is an owner of Neo-Porte who operate in the same building as 株式会社Samurai工房 which manages Crazy Racoon (CR) the e-sports team. Daichi Takano founded CR and is part owner of Neo-Porte along with Mafu, Hal and Mafu's friend. As you can see in the link UUUM is a shareholder in Samurai Kobo Co. Mafu asking that she be kicked makes sense.
IIRC, her ineligibility was not due to blacklist. She didn't fit the rank requirements for the event, so rather than scramble to find a replacement team member, her two teammates decided to back out of the event entirely.
Not sure about that friend
Here is the tweet - no mention of rank. Archive. Unless you have a source that mentions rank as a requirement I think I will believe that she was blacklisted. News source of her "suspension". Watch the video and it's obvious that Niki and Kirschtorte, the guys, didn't "back out". Do you even know what type of vtuber Kirschtorte is? He's a shit stirrer.

Mikeneko deserves better anti's then you two.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Uh...that sounds very ominous. Hopefully it's nothing wrong as he just came back from a break for last week.

[a]

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Bronze

Pico's playing Minecraft but in 3rd person mode for some reason

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

Limkin

It's somewhat treated as a meme, but exposure is important in a visual medium like vtubing. If one sale can lead to more future sales at all, it's worth. Your work as an artist is a billboard for your products, the longer it's in use, the longer "your ad" is up. It's dumb to complain about as a technicality because in the end, the client paid for a product that was delivered, but I think most artists who go on creating art professionally would like their work on display as long as possible because it can help their professional growth long term. To say nothing about pride as an artist to have their work appreciated for a long time as well.
A lot of artists are also single women (or men) who borderline treat their creations as their children and get weirdly obsessed over it. If they operated on "you get paid and move on" basis they wouldn't draw fanart of the character they designed for a game, or vtuber whose model they did, on a regular basis, in different outfits and situations, all completely for free. It's a mutually beneficial situation for a vtuber to use the same artist for all models, and to use model for a long time

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
A lot of artists are also single women (or men) who borderline treat their creations as their children and get weirdly obsessed over it. If they operated on "you get paid and move on" basis they wouldn't draw fanart of the character they designed for a game, or vtuber whose model they did, on a regular basis, in different outfits and situations, all completely for free. It's a mutually beneficial situation for a vtuber to use the same artist for all models, and to use model for a long time
Yep. Older artists have ho problems mass selling oils and aquarels, but new digital kids tend to be very obsessive over insignificamt things. Like, WTF with closed species or whatever bullshit they believe in their forums? They need to touch grass more.

Last edited:

USS IOWA

Uh...that sounds very ominous. Hopefully it's nothing wrong as he just came back from a break for last week.

[a]

Oh man this means one thing, Shinri got outgunned by Goldbullet and now contemplatinh on getting a rifle as well.

Edit: Keekihime will be at Thailand this May.

Last edited:

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
So Doki is not blacklisted from JP events. I kinda knew that no one would give a fuck about tardsanji even there :dokiSmug:

Last edited:

GayKusa

Early Adopter
It's also a safe bet corpos will offer repeat work since you can reasonably expect corpo vtubers to debut new outfits in a similar style over time so they'll have a new paid opportunity every year or so keeping them in business - whereas random indies might only be able to afford the initial model, or might indulge in their talent freedom and get a whole fuckload of mismatching models from other artists.

There's also the expectation that a corpo will actually pay on time rather than make a bunch of excuses or send crazy fans after you for minor issues. That's obviously still not a guarantee everything will go smoothly, but if either a no-name 2view or a clique-y indie came to me with a business proposal I'd be wary of trouble. At least corpos have to pretend to be professional.

these clips also show that illustrators will always choose being a corpo mama because that comes with prestige and guaranteed repeat commissions for new outfit or merch and stuff

also want to add this really cute clip of Pochi-mama talking about how surprised she was at how passionate Cover staff seems to be about their job and says that sometimes viewers dont trust the talent when they say something about management, but she as a 3rd party and external illustrator must say that she had only good experiences with cover employees

Last edited:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Lumi's recent stream gave me a great new react clip. Will be very useful when dealing with dramafags. Here's an example using that gay Tweet from the shitty "journalist":

Archive

Thanks Lumi.
:shubaIapprob:

hylic

Someone give me a quick rundown of this Jeff McBiceps guy

Top Bottom