"Anime has had a far more severe impact on western society, like the femboy to masculine ratio is tilted, Japan won the war, you can't convince me otherwise"Kirschey

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

soap suds

Huh. Reddit was rrating about them possiblh not being allowed to play it. Guess they were not actually rrating or I missed this if someone mentioned it. That is fucking hilarious. People are guessing they don't want to piss off the TPC overlords and lose their blanket Pokemon perms.
Considering the relationship between Niji and Nintendo is rather new, I'm going to go out on a limb and Niji is being cautious. Though, I also wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo said something because god knows Nintendo sucks ass.
So is Niji paranoid or is Holo flying too close to the sun by playing it i wonder
Maybe a mix of both. Niji can be bitchy about perms, but it's also not a stretch to say Nintendo told them that if they played Palworld then they'd take away perms. I mean, it seems like they already came after a guy who modded Pokemon into Palworld. It's not even limited to Pokemon either because they came after Pointcrow for using mods in Zelda.
edit: Apparently to Palworld modder was asking for money, so he's an idiot who was basically asking for Nintendo to come after him.

Last edited:

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Yae playing Furi now.

And Mariya with a short Apex stream.

mariya2h.jpg

lol, sure.

EDIT: Mari...

Last edited:

soap suds

Huh, didnt realize that Niji had constant pokemon perms, i forgot Pomu was playing Black 2
Speaking of Pokemon perms, Elira is planning to play the DLC epilogue. I say planning to play because I don't know if she'll actually be able to stream. Her interface has been bugging out all week, but we'll see.

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
She's not the first EN to say they can't play it. Vanta mentioned that they got codes but that he doesn't know if he can play it and then Kyo mentioned how they don't want to lose Nintendo perms. Either Nintendo said something or Niji is scared. As for Persona perms, they have them. Claude and Elira have both mentioned putting it on their schedules as soon as they can.
What makes me laugh so hard is these fucking homos think most of their talents are gonna be around for the next pokemon release.
I love how Miko has a knack from getting her base destroyed whenever she plays survival games (often by her own hand).

Donating money gives you a serotonin hit. Maybe he really needs that extra serotoning.

Holy shit. 7million copies sold? Fuck taht. It brought Gura back from the grave.

1/14/2024? Odd havent seen a thing about it. Someone posted this though like 2 days ago. Really cute.

Another Twitter related thing that I found somewhat interesting. Seems like one of those random engagement posts but I agree with the people. Reminds me of old Irys. Yes it was unique but it just looks weird

My nigga in chirst, you faggots took that much to shit out something that ugly. Tumblr fag artists can't fathom the concept of "visually pleasing". You can go too out there with an art style but it all means dick if you can't nail a basic composition to save your life.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

Another Twitter related thing that I found somewhat interesting. Seems like one of those random engagement posts but I agree with the people. Reminds me of old Irys. Yes it was unique but it just looks weird

The hair is clipping through itself and the eyes are all over the place, it doesnt look good. But the most important part is the people who whine about vtubers all having anime designs aren't watching vtubers anyways.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
What makes me laugh so hard is these fucking homos think most of their talents are gonna be around for the next pokemon release.

My nigga in chirst, you faggots took that much to shit out something that ugly. Tumblr fag artists can't fathom the concept of "visually pleasing". You can go too out there with an art style but it all means dick if you can't nail a basic composition to save your life.
For comparison purposes, here's the before and after:
1706138851561.png

1706138963580.png

I really think the hair needs more defined outlines, it moves way too much and is distracting, and I think the original's red eyes pop more and give more contrast. I think the old design is better too.

Postal rrat

chinshilla

It looks like a tim burton model with none of the charm just that lingering sense of the uncanny

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Courier Alex at your service

Juniper (sad ragdoll, not a scary whore moth) live

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
View attachment 62035
View attachment 62036

I really think the hair needs more defined outlines, and I think the red eyes pop more and give more contrast. I think the old design is better too.
look at how fucking flat that model is (no, not the tits) the whole point of Live2D is faking 3D for less cost in performance, failing with your perspective work that badly is worthy of a refund, disregarding the fact the design is shit.
It looks like a tim burton model with none of the charm just that lingering sense of the uncanny

Last edited:

braindoko

Eureka teaches idol/VTuber terminology

It’s worth catching up after it ends IMO

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
View attachment 62035
View attachment 62036

I really think the hair needs more defined outlines, it moves way too much and is distracting, and I think the original's red eyes pop more and give more contrast. I think the old design is better too.
The new one stares into your soul and looks uncanny valley, something this person doesnt seemingly take advantage of by having a creepy ambiance, it looks wrong out of incompetence rather than unnerving you or having its own unique spin

This person forgot that most of the people shitting on vtubers and gassing up PumpkinPotion wouldnt watch vtubers no matter the anime-ness of the model

Last edited:

Bronze

View attachment 62035
View attachment 62036

2nd one is a better art piece, but it doesn't feel like it would be a good model. It feels too much like a picture, idk how to explain my opinion better. It would make a great character portrait for a game though.

Shiina's playing palworld.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Went on a weird binge of watching a few videos commentaries or whatever about vtubers and the like, of varying quality

I went into it, expecting to dislike this video a lot, but its mostly just a 20-minute rant of some indie about Vtweeters, virtue signalling on twitter for fake clout and a general take-down of indie Vtubers who "support the cause" and other related things. Ended up agreeing with most of her points. Main takeaway: Twitter is a mistake, by "left the Vtuber community" she really means she left Twitter
Good for her, good for her

Idk no glaring issues besides the obnoxious zoomer editing and not really any new info (at least for the average forum user) but he stayed surprisingly neutral and didn't go on a bil 'ol MUH CORPO BAD so at least there's that

Another random ass indie who has a severe lack of understanding how corpos work. Lots of twitch and Vshojo cocksucking because "their models are better". Yeah, thats it, she compares indies and Holo and Niji models and cant use her own fucking brain cells and figure out why do the corpo vtuber models have less jiggle physics than the average twitch whore.

No comment because I didnt watch it but its 99% about Brave groups. What does he have to say about them? I dont care enoigh to know, but I will use this video as an indicator that slowly more normie vtuber watchers are gaining awareness about Brave group.

Terrible video but I am afraid, people who unironically think like this exist too many amongst vtuber fans
Its mostly about the Suisei thing that ended up being a nothingburger (and he even admits so in this video) so what is even the point of it??

gqorhSK3_o.png

Idk why I subjected myself to this, sometimes I get too curious to see what people on the outside think about my hobby and its always a bad time

Normally I don't care if a twitter is an image, but coming from VT makes this suspect.
That tweet is legit, I saw it for myself
Didn't think much of it at the time, but yeah, looks like its been deleted

I found this reply to the now deleted tweet, so it's unclear if it's a bonk, or she deleted them because she was annoyed by the response
Either way, not a very smart move to post this in the first place Kobo

Bait used to be believable...

USS IOWA

View attachment 62035
View attachment 62036

I mean it looks kinda nice, The story book aesthetic is never seen before in the Vtuber medium, if the rigging was made more proffesionally it could be something special.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Another random ass indie who has a severe lack of understanding how corpos work. Lots of twitch and Vshojo cocksucking because "their models are better". Yeah, thats it, she compares indies and Holo and Niji models and cant use her own fucking brain cells and figure out why do the corpo vtuber models have less jiggle physics than the average twitch whore.
Ill admit im kinda iffy on it now but Kestraline/Spanner provided an interesting tidbit on that, an indie called Shizokou switched from a petite panda girl to an expensive bouncy jellyfish titty monster and had little success with it, especially since it triggered ToS issues with Bilibili

https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/general-vtuber-discussion-v1.1/post-100835

Its an interesting look at how a coom model can be detrimental
although in retrospective, and considering how indepth Kestraline's posts on her were, there is a chance he was e-stalking her too. He was a known discord fag and funnily enough he post a screenie of her discord...
I would include some sort of "what not to do" when it comes to vtubing and show notable examples of this

That includes wasting thousands of dollars on a model and it turns out it's not what you actually needed, and ended up pushing viewers away.

Case in point - remember when the British panda bear Shizukou turned into a big titty jellyfish and she was massively crapped on over it because she claimed she had to change to get clipped? Good times...not.

View attachment 57955
View attachment 57960
View attachment 57956
View attachment 57958
View attachment 57959
View attachment 57957
Fortunately, Shizukou realised she made a huge mistake months later after her revenue dropped massively (and she had trouble over at Bilibili which is pretty strict about models even though she made a "safer" version to use) and reverted back to the panda bear look.

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Speaking of Pokemon perms, Elira is planning to play the DLC epilogue. I say planning to play because I don't know if she'll actually be able to stream. Her interface has been bugging out all week, but we'll see.

Damn...I guess Niji has to resort to playing this blatant Palworld ripoff since they can't get the perms to play the actual game. Sad...
Add another to the Niji L Collection.

Oh and speaking of the FotM...any vtubers have open servers or are they all private? I haven't watched too much yet personally. The only one I know of that is open for people to join is the forum's favorite chinchilla. Asylum server when?

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
The second model makes it look like she just saw Nolan Crush in her discord.

Simp

View attachment 62035
View attachment 62036

When i saw it moving i tought the model was trash. But he still image looks nice enough, could be a nice unique model. Guess the riggin makes a ton of difference. Should go back and improve it.

Sven

People keep saying that this is a missed opportunity for Game Freak while I dunno, to me it seems more like a missed opportunity for the Ark devs
To quote a certain pink rabbit "This is Ark with Pokemon" nails Palworld's gameplay way better then the Pokemon with guns label it has does.

Top Bottom