"I'm starting to reach the age where doing Tai Chi in the morning seems appealing"Hakos Baelz

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Rin is cooking something for Christmas which she elaborately explained on these chain of tweets

Which would mean that this is the thing she's been cooking which I think is a cover of if we are blessed by the shark gods another orisong

Now for my own part it's currenty close to midnight in flipland which means it's gonna be Christmas soon so I just want to say that merry Christmas to all the inmates here lurking or not and I just want to say that I really appreciate the company so I really do hope you all enjoy Christmas today even if it's just watching chuubas :sanasmile:
Maligayang pasko at manigong bagong taon sa inyong lahat

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Christmas eve with Onolimi

Zatsudan with Super Meche

Return of the king

Chama love (@La+ de Central Norte La+ here too ^_^)

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

Negzana

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
Well here's the rant I promised to post, I originally wrote the thing yesterday and fortunately I only had to do a little modification in the middle because of something that was released at last minute. I tried to be as "normal" as possible but I honestly just wanted to write what I was thinking into the void and get it out of me
So Nijifest is over, and you guys want to know what exciting announcements there have been for NijiEN? That's right folks! It's NOTHING. Ok I am exaggerating a little bit, there has been something, this year Nijisanji cooked and for Nijifest EN fans got: drawings on the walls from the livers, pannels and a concert in which Pomu sang one song (which to be honest was a really good song and the livers were physically there for the pannels which at least is different from what we usually get), and... figures... 3 of them 1/7 size, and the others are Palverse... And they are not even selling them, they were just announced, so if you were able to go or if you wanted more merch then I guess it has been an excellent event, otherwise I guess you can get fucked

I am just dissapointed and a little angry right now. I admit it though, I know I shouldn't feel like this because they never said they were going to announce anything at Nijifes, but still I wish there could have been something of greater importance. I feel this whole second half of the year has just not been as good, with the graduations, the Livers disappearing for weeks to go to Japan in projects or vacations which then kinda force you to learn what cool interactions or stuff happened offstream, and then having a lot of cancelled streams when they return because of "offline work" or travel sickness, and that's not even talking if one of the livers you watch lives in Japan cause they are going to miss their streams to hang out with whomever is there for the week. I was at least expecting something, anything to make this last half of the year worth it, maybe a teaser of the "big thing" they've been working. Instead we got more merch that's not an acylic stand, which hey, good for you if you want that, at least they are not completely abandoned like NijiID.

But it's just been... I don't know if the word "empty" is right more like "in autopilot mode", sure things exploded at the start of November for a weekend, and then there was a trickle of outfit reveals and covers in the next weeks, but those have slowed down and now everyone is back in Japan to participate in their Nijifes panel or just hang out. It's reasons like these my opinions for Reimu and Aia have increased so much lately, you can say whatever you want about their content but at least they had a consistent streaming schedule. Hell! in the period of October where every pre Iluna girl was in Japan doing god-knows-what Reimu was the only one who actually tried streaming even a little bit and I really appreciate that effort.

You guys know in my opinion what the biggest NijiEN unity moment of the year is? a moment where everyon can look and say "oh Niji looks like a really cool place"? The Oto no naru hou e cover, which was made by Pomu in the middle of the year with her own funds and by her own initiative. (Guess what, the same day I wrote this Rosemi released her 12 days of christmas cover which is good, but it was a smaller last minute project where almost everyone in NijiEN decided to jump on, I still think Pomu's cover is bigger and more representative of what I mean)

I know comparison is the thief of joy but look at Hololive: They had the Connect the World concert, the 3D showcases, a new highly anticipated gen. Look at Vshojo, they incorporated new streamers to their ranks and they have been doing projects all year long, they had the bubblegum concert or whatever the fuck it's called. Both of them had great moments through the year and then you look at Niji and it's just one step forward one step back. And just to be clear I'm not saying this from a tribalistic point of "Niji needs to be better to be number one" but rather because these companies have been doing some really cool shit while the Niji livers have nothing of that scale.

And then you take all these things into account and get a tweet like this

NIJISANJI DIDN'T COOK SHIT, THIS IS JUST THE EQUIVALENT OF BEING SERVED PREPACKAGED FOOD AFTER WAITING AT A RESTAURANT TABLE FOR 4 HOURS. It's just so infuriating because the livers keep saying "Oh I love Nijisanji", "it's great", "my manager is so nice", "I love being here" and they really seem to love it but the problem is they don't give the fans any reason to love it too, when almost every good thing that came out of NijiEN this year has been thanks to the livers and not the company.

Knowing my luck it will be like what that one user said before and they'll probably say something about the "big thing" when all the livers come back home or in the Anime Impulse convention (which has all the niji members up to Krisis), but seeing how glacial the pace has been with news it might be even longer.

But perhaps the most discouraging thing is, I feel like I am going crazy. I don't use twitter so I don't know if the "Nijisanji black company" sentiment calmed down or not in the past few weeks but everyone seems to be looking at Nijifes and going "this what we have been waiting for" and I am just here being like "this is it?". So I want to ask to anyone who watches Niji, am I the only one who feels this way? I really want to hear some opinions, because I don't know if I am going schizo or if I am justified in feeling like this.

I don't know anymore, I am just... tired :depressedtako:. I love the Niji talents I watch, I really do. But when the company they belong to seems incompetent at best and uncaring at worst, and the talents leave for long periods of time just to come back and say "oops it's a secret" or "surprise! I hanged out with my coworkers" with little to no warning and with no company supported big events since the Lazulight 3D debuts it becomes really frustrating to support them wholeheartedly.

Throw me the meds and MATI's if you want, I said what I wanted to say.

Yea I concur that thought as well, which is why I find myself watching Phase Connect streams more than NijiEN ones nowadays. Also at least the relative quietness of NijiEN in the past few weeks (except for Selen's surprise concert that was great) meant there was more time to watch Mika's last few streams before she graduates. Silver lining if you will.

No Name

Most of this is similar during the time Granblue Fantasy ended up revealing collaboration in game with Love Live series (Highschool Idols, most of the cast there are women, do the math) around, couple of years ago. To this day you can hear people still malding that their 2D idol is in this game and gasp interacted with the pretty boys and males in this gacha game.

This pretty much the same thing that happened with Hololive, though imo I am baffled as of why they even mad at it in the first place. They just there as guest and the Granblue Fantasy Fest stream/event that was held last saturday/sunday JP time done well enough anyway. Heck, the game didn't even collab with Hololive either, they went with My Hero Academia instead!

Why even?
Are you really gonna strain your brain and try to apply logic to people like this? Save your sanity and enjoy Christmas instead.

Punished Lurker

Not a niji-person but sad for you bro. I checked millie's twitter, and it looked like she's having the time of her life doing panel works, interacting with fans in JP, and the cooking part was referring to the nijiapp update. So it's just the EN's audience getting fucked over. It's more like the equivalent of other people enjoying the meal you thought you were going to get.
To be absolutely fair, a lot of hololive events are held by the talents and paid for by the talents (with the biggest one being the minecraft festivals). Even the among us EN stream today Kiara paid for the logos. The big difference is HoloJP talents invite the EN girls and actively want to be friends with them, while NijiJP formed cliques and stays in their own lanes. Didn't you have TSB and a Suika tournament very recently though, so at least NijiEN management did something.
Cheer up and merry christmas. At least the EN side didnt get anymore graduation news since july and all of the relevant people seemed happy enough to not leave the following year. :botanpat:
HoloEN got multiple panels streamed via VRchat for free the other day, kiara got 4 separate performances on the summer festival thing
Thanks for your post frzned, I really thought I'd be getting more negative reactions so I'm happy that what I wrote managed to resonate.
I really have mixed feelings, I am happy the livers that went to Japan are having a good time and being able to meet each other and I am not selfish enough to think "my oshis are not streaming in the days of christmas? HATE", but at the same time I feel like that happiness and energy the livers have is not getting translated into their content, like it's good for them personally but it has been really affecting them content wise with only being able to get reactions and news from them through Twitter.
Also I may not have explained myself properly with thesubject of paying the events. I was not trying to complain about the livers having to pay for them because I think that it doesn't matter what they do it's gonna have a cost to it, rather I was talking about the fact that it feels like the events and content they manage to do is not done thanks to Niji management but in spite of it. You are right about TSB and the suika tournament it was something at least.
And like you say it could be worse, I am glad there was only two graduations in NijiEN and I really, really, REALLY hope that whatever they are working on is actually worth it, because I feel that until now it hasn't been.
Have a merry christmas everyone, may your oshis continue bringing you happiness in the future :kroheart:

EDIT: I forgot to say that the Millie tweet was made before the app announcement, I think she was refering to the palverse figures and maybe Nijifes too
Yea I concur that thought as well, which is why I find myself watching Phase Connect streams more than NijiEN ones nowadays. Also at least the relative quietness of NijiEN in the past few weeks (except for Selen's surprise concert that was great) meant there was more time to watch Mika's last few streams before she graduates. Silver lining if you will.
Honestly I have been having the same thoughts about Phase, the new gen they debuted has been really strong and if things with Niji continue like this I might end up watching them in the future.

Last edited:

httn

Hag enthusiast

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
It's just so infuriating because the livers keep saying "Oh I love Nijisanji", "it's great", "my manager is so nice", "I love being here" and they really seem to love it but the problem is they don't give the fans any reason to love it too, when almost every good thing that came out of NijiEN this year has been thanks to the livers and not the company.

I can't substantiate this with more than a 'trust me bro', but I will say that I've heard since the Sayu stuff went down, Niji has dropped 1984 level social media restrictions and PR demands on their talents to prevent it ever happening again. They're being told to say it and have to say it, or else their jobs are in danger.

I wish somebody in there would just snap and make a 'fuck it I don't care anymore' style exposé about it all. Latest gen has numbers lower than a decent chunk of indies, and they're pissed off.

Corpo hate.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Now this got me curious.

Nerissa got the Among Us Hololive cosmicube (aka battle pass), which means:
1. She could only have purchased it last year, which was way before she even joined Hololive since it was a limited purchase.
2. I guess she just stick with her personal Steam account after joining Hololive?
They likely have a bunch of codes stocked up for the dlc they can give out to new members.

She also could be using family sharing from her personal account to corpo one.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Well here's the rant I promised to post, I originally wrote the thing yesterday and fortunately I only had to do a little modification in the middle because of something that was released at last minute. I tried to be as "normal" as possible but I honestly just wanted to write what I was thinking into the void and get it out of me
So Nijifest is over, and you guys want to know what exciting announcements there have been for NijiEN? That's right folks! It's NOTHING. Ok I am exaggerating a little bit, there has been something, this year Nijisanji cooked and for Nijifest EN fans got: drawings on the walls from the livers, pannels and a concert in which Pomu sang one song (which to be honest was a really good song and the livers were physically there for the pannels which at least is different from what we usually get), and... figures... 3 of them 1/7 size, and the others are Palverse... And they are not even selling them, they were just announced, so if you were able to go or if you wanted more merch then I guess it has been an excellent event, otherwise I guess you can get fucked

I am just dissapointed and a little angry right now. I admit it though, I know I shouldn't feel like this because they never said they were going to announce anything at Nijifes, but still I wish there could have been something of greater importance. I feel this whole second half of the year has just not been as good, with the graduations, the Livers disappearing for weeks to go to Japan in projects or vacations which then kinda force you to learn what cool interactions or stuff happened offstream, and then having a lot of cancelled streams when they return because of "offline work" or travel sickness, and that's not even talking if one of the livers you watch lives in Japan cause they are going to miss their streams to hang out with whomever is there for the week. I was at least expecting something, anything to make this last half of the year worth it, maybe a teaser of the "big thing" they've been working. Instead we got more merch that's not an acylic stand, which hey, good for you if you want that, at least they are not completely abandoned like NijiID.

But it's just been... I don't know if the word "empty" is right more like "in autopilot mode", sure things exploded at the start of November for a weekend, and then there was a trickle of outfit reveals and covers in the next weeks, but those have slowed down and now everyone is back in Japan to participate in their Nijifes panel or just hang out. It's reasons like these my opinions for Reimu and Aia have increased so much lately, you can say whatever you want about their content but at least they had a consistent streaming schedule. Hell! in the period of October where every pre Iluna girl was in Japan doing god-knows-what Reimu was the only one who actually tried streaming even a little bit and I really appreciate that effort.

You guys know in my opinion what the biggest NijiEN unity moment of the year is? a moment where everyon can look and say "oh Niji looks like a really cool place"? The Oto no naru hou e cover, which was made by Pomu in the middle of the year with her own funds and by her own initiative. (Guess what, the same day I wrote this Rosemi released her 12 days of christmas cover which is good, but it was a smaller last minute project where almost everyone in NijiEN decided to jump on, I still think Pomu's cover is bigger and more representative of what I mean)

I know comparison is the thief of joy but look at Hololive: They had the Connect the World concert, the 3D showcases, a new highly anticipated gen. Look at Vshojo, they incorporated new streamers to their ranks and they have been doing projects all year long, they had the bubblegum concert or whatever the fuck it's called. Both of them had great moments through the year and then you look at Niji and it's just one step forward one step back. And just to be clear I'm not saying this from a tribalistic point of "Niji needs to be better to be number one" but rather because these companies have been doing some really cool shit while the Niji livers have nothing of that scale.

NIJISANJI DIDN'T COOK SHIT, THIS IS JUST THE EQUIVALENT OF BEING SERVED PREPACKAGED FOOD AFTER WAITING AT A RESTAURANT TABLE FOR 4 HOURS. It's just so infuriating because the livers keep saying "Oh I love Nijisanji", "it's great", "my manager is so nice", "I love being here" and they really seem to love it but the problem is they don't give the fans any reason to love it too, when almost every good thing that came out of NijiEN this year has been thanks to the livers and not the company.

Knowing my luck it will be like what that one user said before and they'll probably say something about the "big thing" when all the livers come back home or in the Anime Impulse convention (which has all the niji members up to Krisis), but seeing how glacial the pace has been with news it might be even longer.

But perhaps the most discouraging thing is, I feel like I am going crazy. I don't use twitter so I don't know if the "Nijisanji black company" sentiment calmed down or not in the past few weeks but everyone seems to be looking at Nijifes and going "this what we have been waiting for" and I am just here being like "this is it?". So I want to ask to anyone who watches Niji, am I the only one who feels this way? I really want to hear some opinions, because I don't know if I am going schizo or if I am justified in feeling like this.

I don't know anymore, I am just... tired :depressedtako:. I love the Niji talents I watch, I really do. But when the company they belong to seems incompetent at best and uncaring at worst, and the talents leave for long periods of time just to come back and say "oops it's a secret" or "surprise! I hanged out with my coworkers" with little to no warning and with no company supported big events since the Lazulight 3D debuts it becomes really frustrating to support them wholeheartedly.

I told you to stay calm mister lurker :BijouBijou:

Merry Christmas to the Asians of this forum :)

soap suds

Throw me the meds and MATI's if you want, I said what I wanted to say

I totally get being disappointed with everyone being gone in the later part of the year with absolutely nothing to come out of it, but like you pointed out, there was never a promised announcement that was going to come out during NijiFes. Hell, the only people we expected to show up were the ones with panels, instead you got people like Millie taking another vacation to hang out with Enna. Enna has also been mia because the internet at her dad’s house is terrible and she’s too lazy to go to the offices. But yes, it can be a bit disheartening to not see anything huge come out during the last few months when the livers have been teasing something happening. We know they’re doing something and it sucks that the only thing we got out of it so far is stories of them meeting up, which is nice since I’m happy that they’re able to meet up and have fun, but it does leave a vacuum.
Some fans are holding out hope that there’s going to be some kind of announcement during their New Year program, but even then I’m not going to get my hopes up. They’ve built up a lot of things that make it seem like the ball is going to get rolling next year, which is fine with me, but I get why waiting that long is frustrating for others. Though, this can be attributed to me also watching JP, which means I don’t really have the same break in content that you’re frustrated with.
All in all though, I do agree that the frequent long breaks and no announcements can be frustrating.
I can't substantiate this with more than a 'trust me bro', but I will say that I've heard since the Sayu stuff went down, Niji has dropped 1984 level social media restrictions and PR demands on their talents to prevent it ever happening again. They're being told to say it and have to say it, or else their jobs are in danger.

I wish somebody in there would just snap and make a 'fuck it I don't care anymore' style exposé about it all. Latest gen has numbers lower than a decent chunk of indies, and they're pissed off.

Corpo hate.
I do wonder where the rumor that the livers are no longer allowed to criticize management or say anything bad about being in Niji came from. At least on the JP side, they still very much poke fun at management and aren’t afraid of pointing out how tiring it can be. I mean, the only reason we even know how backed up the studio has been is because Deron went on a mini rant about it and even implied that upper management was kind of incompetent. I’ve used this example before, but when Kyo came back he complained about how slow management was and how one downside of being corpo is waiting for your manager to approve each little thing, which doesn’t sound like the company is limiting the livers’ voice. But who knows, maybe the company is forcing them to praise their managers and talk about how much they love it there. We won’t really know unless someone graduates and makes another exposé. That or we wait for a liver to go full menhera and drop a 20 page doc about how terrible the company is.

Last edited:

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
I totally get being disappointed with everyone being gone in the later part of the year with absolutely nothing to come out of it, but like you pointed out, there was never a promised announcement that was going to come out during NijiFes. Hell, the only people we expected to show up were the ones with panels, instead you got people like Millie taking another vacation to hang out with Enna. Enna has also been mia because the internet at her dad’s house is terrible and she’s too lazy to go to the offices. But yes, it can be a bit disheartening to not see anything huge come out during the last few months when the livers have been teasing something happening. We know they’re doing something and it sucks that the only thing we got out of it so far is stories of them meeting up, which is nice since I’m happy that they’re able to meet up and have fun, but it does leave a vacuum.
Some fans are holding out hope that there’s going to be some kind of announcement during their New Year program, but even then I’m not going to get my hopes up. They’ve built up a lot of things that make it seem like the ball is going to get rolling next year, which is fine with me, but I get why waiting that long is frustrating for others. Though, this can be attributed to me also watching JP, which means I don’t really have the same break in content that you’re frustrated with.
All in all though, I do agree that the frequent long breaks and no announcements can be frustrating.

I do wonder where the rumor that the livers are no longer allowed to criticize management or say anything bad about being in Niji came from. At least on the JP side, they still very much poke fun at management and aren’t afraid of pointing out how tiring it can be. I mean, the only reason we even know how backed up the studio has been is because Deron went on a mini rant about it and even implied that upper management was kind of incompetent. I’ve used this example before, but when Kyo came back he complained about how slow management was and how one downside of being corpo is waiting for your manager to approve each little thing, which doesn’t sound like the company is limiting the livers’ voice. But who knows, maybe the company is forcing them to praise their managers and talk about how much they love it there. We won’t really know unless someone graduates and makes another exposé.
I dont wanna sound like an asshole but nobody in Nijisanji rants at the level of the likes of Suisei and Kiara about managment.
Especially Kiara who its able to narrow it down to every single minimalistic detail

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

I ended up didn't really focus on Nijifest as well, but frankly its for a different reason.

You do know well at how we all talking about how the Nijisanji ID got shafted badly, but around the same time Nijifest day 1 is happening I was attending a pretty small Nijisanji ID fan event that was held at a small function hall in ID with what, less than 100 people present?

But it is a somewhat eye-opening experience knowing that even if Nijisanji inevitably fucked ID 12 times over, the ID fans is STILL willing to held on with whatever that still standing and streaming. Yes, it might not be fully ID focused (they have fan merch of EN, JP, the DJ playing music from all branches, etc), but it was like

"Woah. I know ID folks only really focus on EN, but they still do this kind of thing too,huh?"

I met folks who are part of the NijiID fans i met on the discord IRL, i saw fans cosplaying NijiID and doing skits with other fans cheering on and just enjoying things despite knowing how the agency has probably disappointed them.

It's pretty neat stuff to see with own eye.

Just don't let it get into you and enjoy the things you like. If you feel like Niji has overstayed its welcome on you, there's plenty fish in the sea.

Are you really gonna strain your brain and try to apply logic to people like this? Save your sanity and enjoy Christmas instead.
I strained my brain less on those and more on Granblue Fantasy's odd choice in collabs ingame (My Hero Academia? Really, CyGames?!). Other than that, I dont enjoy christmas due to different beliefs.

They do give out vacations, though. Which I enjoy.

SoundWave Superior

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Watch a chinchilla gush about robot furries for minute and a half!

also merry christmas to the people of fake faith and sinner pope

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

How does this Wigger find the time to breath?

Now this got me curious.

Nerissa got the Among Us Hololive cosmicube (aka battle pass), which means:
1. She could only have purchased it last year, which was way before she even joined Hololive since it was a limited purchase.
2. I guess she just stick with her personal Steam account after joining Hololive?
You can link all your accounts in Among Us, so she may have done that in some way to be able to transfer them.

Top Bottom