"...soudesune~"Motoaki 'YAGOO' Tanigo

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
I am honestly curious: what does IronMouse do to make her a great content creator?
I get it from her indie days, her karaokes are soul, but the "I'm dying" should get anyone tired of it eventually, as it got me. Everytime I open her stream she's either talking about herself, reacting to stupid shit or talking with her boy-toy CDawg, and I tune out immediately because of it. Can someone explain in a very objective manner why she gets that much clout? Preferably from someone who regularly checks her out.
I tried to look into essays on the web but they all feel written by dramafags and I can't get to the bottom of it.
You almost got it
Most of her actual clout comes from Connor viewers but IronMouse also its actually talented: She can dance and its trained in Singing if she wasnt crippled she could have been like an actual Music and Dance focused vtuber (She is so sick she cant even sing for long periods of time)

Negzana

how do we stop the shioris from further multiplying
stop changing Oshis and stay loyal and rooted to your oshi even when a shiny new autistic vtuber appears.

Might be a hard concept for you though.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

Bronze

I am honestly curious: what does IronMouse do to make her a great content creator?
I get it from her indie days, her karaokes are soul, but the "I'm dying" should get anyone tired of it eventually, as it got me. Everytime I open her stream she's either talking about herself, reacting to stupid shit or talking with her boy-toy CDawg, and I tune out immediately because of it. Can someone explain in a very objective manner why she gets that much clout? Preferably from someone who regularly checks her out.
I tried to look into essays on the web but they all feel written by dramafags and I can't get to the bottom of it.
From perspective of TGA, She's one of the safest option to pick as a vtuber who's also well known by people that hasn't watched even 1 whole stream of one(Edit: At least for EN). She also did a very successful subathon and beat some records during it, and is big enough that making her part of something attracts a lot of attention to it.

Her doing all she's doing while being sick is also admirable. You and i may get tired of hearing about it, but outside this community hers is an emotional success story. I can't say whether this year is her best or not, but i agree that her career deserves some recognition.
Edit: She also is an inspiration to many vtubers, but idk if the jury or Geoff knows that

Last edited:

frz

Probs the first vtuber to walk around live. It's kinda now a entire genre of vtuber interact with real humans offshooting from that which you can credit Connor & Ironmouse for (though Connor probs set up everything and bought all the equipment) but Ironmouse is the livestreamer

She got credited when Connor raised $320k in charity, albeit it is for her specific disease

becoming the most subbed female streamer on twitch (this one isn't on connor). Beating out pokimane and stuff.

Unironically the only current founder of Vshojo, the 3rd biggest vtuber corps in EN sphere, some can make a case to argue that they are actually 2nd.

Collabed with every every twitch streamer circle, to the point people dont know what vtuber is have all seen her, even the WoW sweaty nerds circle that specifically hates anime & vtubing.

Last edited:

RiverBear

Not an Ironmouse simp, but I kinda feel like she got on people's radars ever since her Donothon became the biggest thing on Twitch (most subs gained during that event iirc?), so people are propping her up as the Vtuber face of Twitch.

Like, she does have an amazing voice and apparently her series with Connor touring various places was pretty good, but Twitch streamers mostly just watch Youtube videos and "react" so I'm with you: I will never understand why she would be considered "better" than her peers.

A part of me feels like this is some sort of gay-ops by Twitch to push their site as the "premiere" site for Vtubers.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
stop changing Oshis and stay loyal and rooted to your oshi even when a shiny new autistic vtuber appears.

Might be a hard concept for you though.

I could list a recipe for Jamaican jerk chicken sandwiches, and be called a whore for not listing a recipe of a cubano instead

words mean nothing anymore

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Best Content Creator ≠ Best Vtuber
Traditional Streamers have gotten worse that i dont even know any of the ones that are in that list aside from Ironmouse

RiverBear

Best Content Creator
Yes. Because watching Youtube videos on Twitch while "reacting" to them is content
Slay Mousey. You deserve it
You "reacted" better than anyone else on that Award category

Bronze

Yes. Because watching Youtube videos on Twitch while "reacting" to them is content
I know she does a lot of react content but majority of her recent vods have her playing games, collabs etc.

Edit: Remi's Henry stickmin stream isn't posed here, so here it is

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
speaking of shiori shes currently live and is talking about the idea of a show and tell of all her tooth that fell off throughout her life

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Shiori Art
image.png

Source

Limkin

In the grim parallel universe where Cover didn't pull out of china, majority of content you would get from Holo would be exactly the same react streams. Except on bilibili and not on twich, because this is how it was back in the days. For the exact same reason, you can completely avoid YT copyright policies by watching videos from it on a different site that does not care about YT

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Traditional Streamers have gotten worse that i dont even know any of the ones that are in that list aside from Ironmouse
They just didn't nominate anyone good. Ironmouse had no competition. The only person I've heard of on the list was SypherPK, a Fortnite player.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
My favourite part of watching Ironmouse is the immense seething her continued existence and success generates.

She probably won't beat Pekora at the Vtuber awards, but on the off-chance she does, the reaction will be hilarious. Popularity contests so often come down to who's got the most galvanised audience, and like her or not, Mouse has massive visibility all across the industry thanks to her eagerness to collab with so many different circles.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

Not-Username

My favourite part of watching Ironmouse is the immense seething her continued existence and success generates.

She probably won't beat Pekora at the Vtuber awards, but on the off-chance she does, the reaction will be hilarious. Popularity contests so often come down to who's got the most galvanised audience, and like her or not, Mouse has massive visibility all across the industry thanks to her eagerness to collab with so many different circles.
It's not even only about the audience.
Every popularity poll is inherently flawed if you can't get a statistical significant representation of votes from twitch/YouTube viewers from all over the world.

Which is simply impossible.

Therefore the best course of action is usually to treat such pseudo popularity Contest as they are...just forgettable entertainment.

soap suds

It's definitely not an actual black company like wactor or akioAIR. But I think the definition used here applies to conventional jobs more than vtuber agencies. Things like unpaid overtime and long work hours don't work same here. I do understand that it's pretty annoying to keep hearing about it if you are their talent though. Glad she's happy.
She and a couple of the other livers who have talked about the black company allegations have been getting called puppets and brainwashed for a bit because they've talked about how comfortable they were/are in Niji a while back, so I get her annoyance. She also had a migraine and was uncomfortable with the game she was playing, so she was already unhappy, and I guess seeing people implying the livers are being mistreated tipped her over. I do think the textbook definition of a black company doesn't apply as much to vtubing, but the gist of it is similar. I'm just surprised that watching VODs help that much. I guess all those people who listen to her asmr's in order to sleep are making her bank.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Thanks for the clarifications. I still think she didn't deserve this one for this particular year then because if it is founded on past achievements the "of the year" part is meaningless.
You're a bit behind the times, PeopleMakeGames made the most intrisecate Disco Elysium documentary, travelling around the world to get a word from everyone involved. They also made a summary on how it is inside Valve, and how it affects vetos and other stuff inside the company. The other choices were streamers so it checks out our niche community wouldn't be aware, but true jornalistic content in this cesspoll of "he said she said" and dramafagging should be rewarded and endorsed.

Top Bottom