"What's the point of wielding the sword if you are not willing to get it bloody"Shylily

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Kiara said she was spending close to 10k on 2 MVs (Including Pineapple's) she is doing for the album, not including her trip to Ame's studio.
Yeah, it's been said by many talents, but there's no profitability in Holo music unless you're selling related merch. People doing music and especially MVs are doing it to keep building awareness and audiences, or as a passion project. Basically to keep themselves in the game. Even very successful songs are a money sink, and a huge one if the video is any more than lyrics over an art piece.
I personally think it's true even of the most successful like Suisei, Mori, and Marine. That's why Mori pushes music-related merch, album purchases, blu-rays etc so much. Breaking even on streamed music or MVs just doesn't seem possible

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Archive

Idol are getting what look like those ugly chibi 3D models.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Not-Username

Yeah, it's been said by many talents, but there's no profitability in Holo music unless you're selling related merch. People doing music and especially MVs are doing it to keep building awareness and audiences, or as a passion project. Basically to keep themselves in the game. Even very successful songs are a money sink, and a huge one if the video is any more than lyrics over an art piece.
I personally think it's true even of the most successful like Suisei, Mori, and Marine. That's why Mori pushes music-related merch, album purchases, blu-rays etc so much. Breaking even on streamed music or MVs just doesn't seem possible
I always saw good MVS as marketing for the songs to get traction and funnel people to the streaming services (or other sales)

Edit: also I would bet this is positive for taxes
So they probably can't math enough to really judge the merit of the MV (although it is still very possible to be net negative in the long run)

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
How could I save someone else if I can't save myself? Be as bold as you are realistic.
Because saving yourself is harder than saving another. Who knows, maybe it is through saving them that you save yourself...
or you become worse. But that's always a risk of doing anything :BijouBijou:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
sorry guys you can expect her back in about 9 months

She's taken a hiatus like this before when someone was trying to stalk her or some shit, hopefully this isn't something serious and is her being menhera again but who knows. It does seem more on the serious side though.
I thought the stalking story was pre-vtuber?

Anyway she's been on quite a few hiatus's lately. And from the sounds of it, it was more or less telegraphed as shes talked about quitting her schooling to jump into a tech job as well as family issues. Probably a solid chance we'll find out

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
I mean not to be pedantic, but ultimately I think building awareness/advertisement/audience would still be considered building profitability in the future, even if it isn’t as obvious or direct.

It makes far more sense to invest in your career than to not invest in it.

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat
For the love of god Kiara, stay away from /vt/ unless you want to be a disciple of Mysta

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I unironically love this movie...

I love exactly 4 minutes of that movie shame about the rest of it.

Archive

suspect they will look alot better out of profile/shadow because whoever thought putting SD Chibi models into a setting that emphasizes the DEFORMED part needs to be fired.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Negzana

Kaela did an over seven hour long RTA today. Was nice but a bit too short. Hope she streams more soon.

Also Aki doing a splatoon stream at a weird timeslot

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
For the love of god Kiara, stay away from /vt/ unless you want to be a disciple of Mysta

Yes, come to the virtual asylum, where you get all the orange woman bad good you could want!
Or she already has. She definitely has. There's no way she hasn't.

Awoogers

Ensok

Early Adopter
Yes, come to the virtual asylum, where you get all the orange woman bad good you could want!
Or she already has. She definitely has. There's no way she hasn't.
As long as she understands that everything I've said about her comes from a place of love.

Awoogers

OH

so its probably like Ries fussy baby chibi model?
i absolutely love that one

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I like to browse for new Vtubers to watch late at night and I noticed aussie and eu hours are filled with tranníes and fagtubers.
I guess maybe one plus for Rie if she really did move to Commiefornia is possibly changing to a better time slot not shared by all of those.

It's not the first time she's constantly laughing about what should be (and probably under the surface is) a traumatic experience.

Come to think of it... The one time I remember her actually crying she was also laughing, which then turned into sobbing. :ameraintear:

I also remember her crying talking to Coco before her graduation, regretting not having reached out to her to collab more:

Almost like watching your Dad cry when you're a kid.
:pippasadl:

Archive

Gives off FNAF knock-off horror game vibes.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Better they clip that part of the members' stream than the dooming she was doing before then.
:youlittleshit:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

I never said:"ORANGE WOMAN LE BAD HURR DURR" but this tendency of getting one guy'd every time dont allow me to have a positive image of Kiara.

Top Bottom