"When I hold the mic, my pinky finger stands up, is this a problem outside of Japan?"Pako

Yuri and Phase Connect seperation thread

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Rosa Coatl has chimed in and taken the "it's not fair PC gets to take an indie's identity away" line.

So I guess lucid let her keep her rights to her Rosa identity then?

I think this take doesn't take into account that Phase did a lot for Yuri while she was there. Beyond just more CCV associated with being with a larger corpo, there was also the new model, the merch, the Super Idol MV, and probably lots of other things I'm forgetting. It would have been expensive and difficult for Yuri to do those projects on her own had she remained an indie. This absolutely wasn't a case where PC just took her identity and a cut of her money and did nothing in return. If Yuri wants to keep vtuber as opposed to quitting or becoming a fleshtuber (if that rrat is true) or flipping burgers, then surely the best outcome for both her and PC would be for them to have kept working together. Maybe there's a chance she'll blow up as an indie or get scooped up by an even bigger corpo and I'll eat these words but I doubt it.

rosa is such a brainlet apart from being a "latinE", I guess every corpo under the sun most just roll over and give everyone they fire the character and shit. I highly doubt fishman just came out to lumi and yuri told them to give them their character rights for free and just to jump aboard. If he really wanted them he probably offered them both to keep their character at a higher cut for him of everything or he buys out their rights up front and gives them the standard cut of the other girls.

Out of the two lumi seems to actually be the one who really got attached to her character and the new model while being different in tone you can tell it's still lumi but yuri? she went for a complete overhaul with name change to boot. It wouldn't surprise if yuri isn't exactly hurting from losing her character, what stings is losing her gig for whatever stupid shit she tried to pull. From the two if each got a different deal, yuri probably took the money thinking if she ever gets fired she doesn't lose something she really liked.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
It wouldn't surprise if yuri isn't exactly hurting from losing her character
It's very short-term thinking if she thinks that, she's losing two years of marketing of her character, and that numbers she was making are never going to completely transfer over to her new character.

cucurut

It's very short-term thinking if she thinks that, she's losing two years of marketing of her character, and that numbers she was making are never going to completely transfer over to her new character.
If she wants to go grooming route, numbers don't matter that much as long as she keeps in touch with core of community. Time will tell.

edit:
It actually reminds me of this

Last edited:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
We've seen a woman torch her 4 year career that nets her a million bucks a year easily because she couldn't stay put a weekend and all of it over some petty gossip online.The average person rarely thinks far ahead, women do it even less. "Easy money upfront over this character I don't even like with a bunch of benefits that I may lose only if I fuck up? sign me in, no way im gonna fuck up" Most people would jump at this and would probably ride it longer depending on how cocky they get, yuri might've flown too close to the sun.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
If she wants to go grooming route, numbers don't matter that much as long as she keeps in touch with core of community. Time will tell.

edit:
It actually reminds me of this

I want one of these "spreadsheets" to leak because I want to see how deep the autism runs in these bitches.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
rosa is such a brainlet apart from being a "latinE", I guess every corpo under the sun most just roll over and give everyone they fire the character and shit. I highly doubt fishman just came out to lumi and yuri told them to give them their character rights for free and just to jump aboard. If he really wanted them he probably offered them both to keep their character at a higher cut for him of everything or he buys out their rights up front and gives them the standard cut of the other girls.

Out of the two lumi seems to actually be the one who really got attached to her character and the new model while being different in tone you can tell it's still lumi but yuri? she went for a complete overhaul with name change to boot. It wouldn't surprise if yuri isn't exactly hurting from losing her character, what stings is losing her gig for whatever stupid shit she tried to pull. From the two if each got a different deal, yuri probably took the money thinking if she ever gets fired she doesn't lose something she really liked.
Possibly opting to hand over the IP rights for some benefits is an interesting thought. I do find it odd that people are presenting "Fishman punched Yuri in her whore mouth and personally deleted the model off her computer as she cried in protest" as axiom. There could be a buyback clause but she wouldn't be in a position to make use of it, or her termination could change something contractually.

I 100% think that she could at least negotiate for it if the split was amicable, but upon termination and Phase-Connect having to offer PC refunds out of their own pocket? Good fucking luck.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Possibly opting to hand over the IP rights for some benefits is an interesting thought. I do find it odd that people are presenting "Fishman punched Yuri in her whore mouth and personally deleted the model off her computer as she cried in protest" as axiom. There could be a buyback clause but she wouldn't be in a position to make use of it, or her termination could change something contractually.

I 100% think that she could at least negotiate for it if the split was amicable, but upon termination and Phase-Connect having to offer PC refunds out of their own pocket? Good fucking luck.
This exactly. I'll chalk this up to Yuri being young and inexperienced, but if you wanted to maintain your persona if you left the company, I would for sure attempt to negotiate the ability to get your rights back contingent on some clauses being fulfilled.

hololive ruined /jp/

Yuri can't buy back the model becauae she's broke. Its why she was skimming money (allegedly).

Nabeshin

Fishman really doesn't like to be seen as a head hunter given the fallout from Tsunderia shutting doors.

We don't know really. When Tsunderia shut down after a few weeks of retards kept spamming Ami, Lisa and the others talents to join corpos, they said public on twitter or on youtube community that while they we're approached by corps to join but they want to go indie.

So there's a possibility that they we're asked by fishman, idol or any other corp and by the timeframe of some answers(2 weeks after, instead days like Lisa) I imagine that some of them thought into accepting but refused the contract and went indie in the end

Nabeshin

1682617810188.png

Smug get out of here your britsh Yamanba

cucurut

I will push against the idea that refund has any significant. I could be dead wrong, but I really doubt they excess 10-20% of collected amount. Just very good PR move especially given mood of twatter mob toward phase.
On the other hand, termination instead of money-making graduation stream or even just graduation... I see only 3 possibilities: 1) Yuri is spiteful enough 2) Sakana doesn't trust yuri to not blow up 3) Sakana doesn't want potential backlash of "phase organized event despite knowing what yuri does". 1>=3>2 taking into account that 1 VOD.

edit:
It's less of a move to gain good PR and more to avoid bad PR, because regardless of specifics, "corpo vtuber took fans' money and ran" is the kind of messaging that would follow Phase forever. Someone needs to satiate burnt fans one way or another, and if Yuri herself won't/can't, it falls on the company.
Yes, the phase hand was effectively forced with respect to refund, unless yuri would officially go indie and continue streaming. Refund is good PR movie because it offers the best public perception given the situation phase was in. One cannot deduce anything from action which is simply correct from pragmatic/utilitarian point of view, that's why I say it is of no significance.
I don't think we really disagree, we just use different words.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I will push against the idea that refund has any significant. I could be dead wrong, but I really doubt they excess 10-20% of collected amount. Just very good PR move especially given mood of twatter mob toward phase.
On the other hand, termination instead of money-making graduation stream or even just graduation... I see only 3 possibilities: 1) Yuri is spiteful enough 2) Sakana doesn't trust yuri to not blow up 3) Sakana doesn't want potential backlash of "phase organized event despite knowing what yuri does". 1>=3>2 taking into account that 1 VOD.
I think the refund situation is significant. Not in terms of the actual cash changing hands, realistically there probably won't be all that many people requesting refunds, but because of what it represents. Even if they only have to refund like ten dollars in the end, a talent fucked up and the corpo is having to cover for their mistake. It's less of a move to gain good PR and more to avoid bad PR, because regardless of specifics, "corpo vtuber took fans' money and ran" is the kind of messaging that would follow Phase forever. Someone needs to satiate burnt fans one way or another, and if Yuri herself won't/can't, it falls on the company.

Also worth mentioning that while this really doesn't seem like a likely issue at all given how cordial everyone who's commented on the matter has been, if a reasonable number of people do end up requesting refunds, that's more demonstrable financial damage done to the company. That's something to keep in the back pocket in case the situation escalates.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Anyone else notice that only a small amount of replies on the graduation notice tweet can be seen now. Looks like the majority may be hidden.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Rosa Coatl has chimed in and taken the "it's not fair PC gets to take an indie's identity away" line.

So I guess lucid let her keep her rights to her Rosa identity then?
I still think Lucid bought the model for her given the fact the other NFT corpo girls never returned with their existing models.

It wouldn't make sense for them to buy the model only to give her the IP, otherwise the other two would have probably came on board too.

For those unaware, Rosa and the manager from that company (I forget the name) joined 4VLIVE which later rebranded as Lucid.

Kalion

:)
I read about it somewhere on /vt/ and heard on her stream she requested adjustable tits in her latest model.
I m ight be misremembering but I'm pretty sure her second model does have adjustable boobs, at least a bigger and small toggle or something.
This is sort of true. She said in her new model debut stream during the art process the artist kept making her breasts bigger and bigger, so she requested them to re-do the chest with a smaller option to be on-model to the design.

Hff201

Early Adopter
Anyone else notice that only a small amount of replies on the graduation notice tweet can be seen now. Looks like the majority may be hidden.
If some replies have disappeared they've either been deleted by the posters, or it's a Twitter glitch/suppression. If someone intentionally hides replies you'll see this icon below the tweet:
1682659140371.png

I'm still seeing a lot of replies under it myself though.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
If some replies have disappeared they've either been deleted by the posters, or it's a Twitter glitch/suppression. If someone intentionally hides replies you'll see this icon below the tweet:
View attachment 22331

I'm still seeing a lot of replies under it myself though.
1682664134226.png

Is it supposed to be around here? Because I don't see it.
I can only see 22 of the 500 or so tweets this post apparently has and I remember spending 30 minutes reading every post at an earlier time that are no longer appearing.
Edit: Strange it doesn't say there are any hidden replies.
1682664312276.png

Hff201

Early Adopter
View attachment 22339
Is it supposed to be around here? Because I don't see it.
I can only see 22 of the 500 or so tweets this post apparently has and I remember spending 30 minutes reading every post at an earlier time that are no longer appearing.
It'd be around the bottom-right opposite 780.1K Views if it were there.

cucurut

I see well over hundred replies to the termination notice, loading more replies as you scroll must not work on your end, glitch or something.

Hff201

Early Adopter
Top Bottom