"A crumb of sex please please sir a crumb of-of cock"Lia Rinkou

Vidya Games Thread

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Destiny works because Halo exists.
Destiny worked because the guns felt and sounded great, and the combination of the guns, powers, and movement could all come together in a way that felt like nothing else, in addition to other unique aspects like FPS/puzzle raids. That was what got everyone through the mostly mediocre-to-dire plots (with occasional good bits like Forsaken and Witch Queen), re-use of old content as filler, completely neglected game modes, and "do this activity until you hate it" metric-stuffing seasonal goals.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Another Borderlands in the making
why does it look so ugly.

no wait I mean why are the actors so fucking ugly?

It's got the uncanny design valley going hard. It looks okay, but it also just doesn't work. Also, it's got the Jumanji/Isekai thing going.
minecraft and even terraria animators have basically learned to live with it as the square aesthetic just looks wrong no matter what is done to it.

I can however blame them for looking worse then the same fan animations and shot in the dark here less funny.

Saturnus

haha it's unou

I see Hollywood is catching onto the fact that Mario and Sonic's movies were successful. So now they're going to just shit out some video-game-adaptation-slop to try and make their money back after the capeshit goyslop machine stopped being a free money printer (after they sabotaged the fuck out of it with THE MESSAGE.) I can only hope Borderlands' adaptation was a sign that, no, not all video games being adapted to movies can work. And that this trend of movies dies out faster than capeshit.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I see Hollywood is catching onto the fact that Mario and Sonic's movies were successful.
This Minecraft movie has been in development hell for nearly a decade.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I see Hollywood is catching onto the fact that Mario and Sonic's movies were successful. So now they're going to just shit out some video-game-adaptation-slop to try and make their money back after the capeshit goyslop machine stopped being a free money printer (after they sabotaged the fuck out of it with THE MESSAGE.) I can only hope Borderlands' adaptation was a sign that, no, not all video games being adapted to movies can work. And that this trend of movies dies out faster than capeshit.
as thhrang said this has been in dev hell for so many years. I think sometime in 2016 was when it was started? (source is my asshole)

So any good ideas it may have had were long since cut out by however many directors it went through.

Ballpark_Look

Will the new Minecraft movie be worse than Minecraft Story Mode? 1000005650.jpg

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Saturnus

haha it's unou

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I know no one played story mode but doesn't the pig turn into a wizard god pig later? sometime after the influencer "Season"

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Not even going to finish watching that trailer...

We already have a Minecraft movie:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

God's Strongest Dragoon

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Last edited:

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Jesas they literally had the easiest job in the world and they fucked it up big time.

Bro just adapt this shit and boom, best movie ever.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
Jesas they literally had the easiest job in the world and they fucked it up big time.
It's Hollywood. They've never made a single good video game movie adaptation in the past 2 decades. What were you expecting from this movie honestly?

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

"Yeah, God? Another flood please. The covenant? Nah, the gays took the rainbow, I think you're good to go."

It's normally bright-eyed but ignorant college students that get up in arms about most religions having World Ending-type eschatology. But, then you look at the world, look at the evil, understand the point of emphasis is that it can get worse & people are evil, then you start asking "hey, could you hurry up this whole 'Fire & Brimstone' thing? I think it'd improve the situation."

As for the movie, it'll probably actually have a big opening because "Name Brand IP" and those that only knew about its existence will go to see it then wonder how they got duped by an Asylum Movie.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Bro just adapt this shit and boom, best movie ever.

There's multiple long form YT series from creators that they could have licensed and adapted then make money. It takes expert levels of stupidity to screw it up.

Top Bottom