"If not fuckable, why sleeve shaped?"Kirschey

Vidya Games Thread

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

The stuff around "Save Games" goes in tandem with other types of products. Cars are normally the place to look for with how consumer regulation tends to go. The USA has laws on parts availability requirements for a reason, along with things like "Lemon Laws". Over the next decade we're probably just headed to a hard split between "Always Online, Company Servers" games and everything else. The hybrid model of hiding a live service game behind a purchase will eventually get the ban hammer, but it'll be a while.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I don't think defending it with "It's only an initiative" does well for the case, you're excluding all devs with that broad wording. If they fix what was pointed out, the effect will be the same and you can dodge drama/dumbasses trying to distort it.
And I'm well aware of The Crew, the game is good but Ubisoft being Ubisoft just fucked with an entire community.
Clearly ross wants to destroy all MMO despite years of trying to preserve them too.

It's a draft your getting annoyed over some poor word choices when the clear intent is to preserve all games.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
He made the video

I don't agree with everything, mainly the League argument (WC3 works fine just don't play who you don't trust), but he brings good points on the reach of the bill and how dangerous it gets.

Bronze

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

This came across my feed.

I love roasting Ubisoft, so they managed to unleash the Japanese History Autists. This is only going to get worse, hehe.

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing
When the golden times come and soycucks are being put into rooms with a single bare light bulb and a drain on the floor, we'll be looking for "people" who have paid money for video games in the last 5 years. Right alongside the pedos and other communists. Why the fuck are you giving these subhumans who want you dead any money at all? Thousands of vastly superior games are free.

VSoyBoy

When the golden times come and soycucks are being put into rooms with a single bare light bulb and a drain on the floor, we'll be looking for "people" who have paid money for video games in the last 5 years. Right alongside the pedos and other communists. Why the fuck are you giving these subhumans who want you dead any money at all? Thousands of vastly superior games are free.
What?

Stunned But Dumb

Imagine being on death row alongside terrorists, child traffickers, and serial killers because you worked for 6 weeks at a game company when the put out a really shit game 5 years ago

Edit: Me and the game devs when "AAA Slop 3: MTX Harder" flops

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Between that new Delta Force game being really fun, and the Girls Frontline 2 devs reverting a bunch of censored outfits and giving most girls unique pantsu, I might become a Pippa-tier chinkpologist.

Stunned But Dumb

and the Girls Frontline 2 devs reverting a bunch of censored outfits and giving most girls unique pantsu, I might become a Pippa-tier chinkpologist.
GFL is the only good gacha game* so yes. Become worse.

* The only good gacha is like saying the only good case of violent diarrhea, but hey sometimes it's nice to collect your thoughts on the toilet

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Between that new Delta Force game being really fun, and the Girls Frontline 2 devs reverting a bunch of censored outfits and giving most girls unique pantsu, I might become a Pippa-tier chinkpologist.
Preach

God's Strongest Dragoon

So Thor put out his video on Stop Killing Games that was pretty much a summary of what he was saying on his stream. He edited the pinned post he made because he's super fucking salty that people are pushing back against him on this.
thoredit.png
Tagging @thhrang because I know he's going to enjoy seeing a guy that flaunts his cybersecurity background but spells doxing wrong.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
So Thor put out his video on Stop Killing Games that was pretty much a summary of what he was saying on his stream. He edited the pinned post he made because he's super fucking salty that people are pushing back against him on this.
View attachment 75392
Tagging @thhrang because I know he's going to enjoy seeing a guy that flaunts his cybersecurity background but spells doxing wrong.
Im going to enjoy his future meltdowns if his ego is further bruised, this does sound like a crack in his image that he carefully curated via yt shorts and admittedly crafty social climbing

Also i think he has been very aware of his farms thread since the spy.pet situation

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
View attachment 75392
"You aren't buying games, you are licensing them." Yep, and it is the biggest scam the gaming industry has pulled on the public in the past 20 years with purely digital games. My reaction to his "think of the dev!" stance is this:
200w.gif

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
"You aren't buying games, you are licensing them." Yep, and it is the biggest scam the gaming industry has pulled on the public in the past 20 years with purely digital games. My reaction to his "think of the dev!" stance is this:
View attachment 75396
"Live service games couldnt exist with these stipulations"

God's Strongest Dragoon

"Live service games couldnt exist with these stipulations"

The examples he gave are also hilariously retarded. League of Legends had a LAN version created for tournaments. The whole "people will start cheating and getting unfair advantages competitively in something like WoW" make zero fucking sense because there's already been dozens of private servers ran by individuals that handle cheaters infinitely better than fucking Blizzard. Even during Classic WoW, the top guilds in the raiding scene would setup their own private servers so their guild could practice their speedruns repeatedly so they'd have several dozens attempts practiced instead of waiting for their 1 attempt each week. Everything he complains about WAS the standard practice back in the day. If EA shuts down the BF3 servers, it's fine because community already has a backup ready to go to host it themselves. If EA shuts down the BF4 servers, shit's fucked.

Even if the point about monetization of F2P live service games was an issue, it could be argued that those games don't fall under the purview of this as you never actually purchased a product, you were paying a subscription fee for rented access to something like a Netflix account.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
View attachment 75392
So the "solution" he offers is not actually changing anything, nor advocating for any changes to this, but to "inform" the customer that they're being fucked over with the current state of things, and there's a totally good reason frfr that they're getting fucked over? Good luck on that mission. I'm sure you'll change hearts and minds with that.
:chibiBrainDamage:
Also uses the lower-case "i" Internet when mentioning the "Internet hate machine".
:dokiSmug:

Alchemyth

View attachment 75392
Nobody show that femboy this image:
1723001601525495.png
He'd have a fucking aneurysm. Think of the monetisation! Think of all the effort developpers have to do! It's like this retard cannot comprehend that people could freely host servers on their own machine.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

View attachment 75411
He'd have a fucking aneurysm. Think of the monetisation! Think of all the effort developpers have to do! It's like this retard cannot comprehend that people could freely host servers on their own machine.
And think of the super valuable PR by having 2 engineers to put together an SDK for a game you're going to shut down, put that on Steam, put the client game client (if F2P) up for $5 if you don't have a previous account and release a final patch. You'll have a free, nearly forever income & IP sustainment thing that is just great PR for you for the next 20 years.

That said, there's valid criticisms to any implementation of even great policy ideas. Structure & details absolutely matters. I want to reference the US Navy's fleet of Ice Cream ships because of the aftereffects of Prohibition. There's unintended consequences to policy and being careful matters, especially since Programs are weird when it comes to law. Software is just hard to define in ownership law that causes its own issues.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
View attachment 75411
>brink has dedicated server tools
If it was released in current year it would've been a live service that was dead and gone in 6 months

Top Bottom