"I'm sure there are livers out there who have used fanart as 'material' before; Recently I've jerked off to Hoshikawa (Sara)"Gundou Mirei

Vidya Games Thread

Kazuma

Early Adopter
In other news, Fallout: London is finally up on GOG, since it's too large for Nexus because of the ~33 GB file size (effectively doubling the size of the base game). To capitalize on this, GOG is promoting the mod with their giveaway system, and running a 50% off sale on FO4 GOTY at the same time, both links below for ease of access:

Fallout: London - GOG

Fallout 4 GOTY Edition - GOG ($16 on sale)

You don't even need to own Fallout 4 on GOG to play the mod, because the mod gives instructions for your steam copy and downgrading your version of the game to accommodate. For those who are generally not technically minded (chuubas), the GOG copy of the game is significantly less of a headache to downgrade and prevent Bethesda from updating it further, while also being on the same ecosystem as the mod itself. Sure, it's not a one-click solution like Daggerfall Unity on GOG, but the alternative is fighting against Bethesda's latest updates on steam.

All of the negative reviews on the mod page? Issues downgrading the steam copy of the game.

It's a whole-ass, ~90-hour RPG with replayability in mind, so hopefully there will be chuubas that take up a playthrough or two. Otherwise, the New Vegas and Fallout 4 playthrough vods will continue until morale improves.
If you have no problem with piracy, it looks like fitgirl will be doing a repack of Fallout: London, I assume it will also include Fallout 4 GOTY.

Last edited:

Ensok

Early Adopter
I just finished my second playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy. Years back I had Mass Effect on the 360 but for whatever reason I never bought 2 and 3 so I missed out on all that shit as it was getting released. Two years back I bought the Legendary Edition cause it's a really good deal and the first time I played I did the Destroy ending because of course, this time though I was full ultra-preachy moralizing Paragon Shepard and so I did Synthesis. It's completely retarded but it's nice seeing EDI and Joker together and getting her narration. That's pretty much the only reason to do Synthesis. Romanced Jack this time too cause I think she has a really great character arc and a pretty fulfilling romance despite her lack of relevance or screentime in 3.

Still fun games but 3 really is terrible from a plot perspective. The Citadel DLC makes it all worth it though, gonna go through all that again soon.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Still fun games but 3 really is terrible from a plot perspective. The Citadel DLC makes it all worth it though, gonna go through all that again soon.
3's overall plot is awful, but the gameplay was great.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
My life has been a horrible trainwreck that has led to this moment. And even the servers are saying "You still have time to reconsider"

sometimes I think I should reconsider everything.png

UberSoldat

It's a whole-ass, ~90-hour RPG with replayability in mind (you could beeline the main story long before then), so hopefully there will be chuubas that take up a playthrough or two. Otherwise, the New Vegas and Fallout 4 playthrough vods will continue until morale improves.
Ask and you shall receive

niggaphil

The question is: is it better
In other news, Fallout: London is finally up on GOG, since it's too large for Nexus because of the ~33 GB file size (effectively doubling the size of the base game). To capitalize on this, GOG is promoting the mod with their giveaway system, and running a 50% off sale on FO4 GOTY at the same time, both links below for ease of access:

Fallout: London - GOG

Fallout 4 GOTY Edition - GOG ($16 on sale)

You don't even need to own Fallout 4 on GOG to play the mod, because the mod gives instructions for your steam copy and downgrading your version of the game to accommodate. For those who are generally not technically minded (chuubas), the GOG copy of the game is significantly less of a headache to downgrade and prevent Bethesda from updating it further, while also being on the same ecosystem as the mod itself. Sure, it's not a one-click solution like Daggerfall Unity on GOG, but the alternative is fighting against Bethesda's latest updates on steam.

All of the negative reviews on the mod page? Issues downgrading the steam copy of the game.

It's a whole-ass, ~90-hour RPG with replayability in mind (you could beeline the main story long before then), so hopefully there will be chuubas that take up a playthrough or two. Otherwise, the New Vegas and Fallout 4 playthrough vods will continue until morale improves.
The question is: Is it better, or worst than the Fallout: The Frontier?

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
The question is: is it better

The question is: Is it better, or worst than the Fallout: The Frontier?

I’ll give it a start after work, but I’m hopeful

unlike all of these other Fallout 4 full conversions, it has one major point going for it:

this one has actually released

httn

Hag enthusiast
I WANT TO BELIEVE!
Code:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
l e g a c y o f k a i n : s o u l r e a v e r

I FUCKING LOVE BLOCK PUZZLES!!
:polkasticks::polkasticks::polkasticks:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
First time. I figured "why" and then started it up anyway
First, congratulations on actually beating the first hard boss - installing the game.

Second, remember that this is a Final Fantasy game first and foremost done through the vehicle of an MMO. The story is the main star here. Do not expect Wow levels of "Just let me hit things". It is aggressively story based. And they have done a good job making the story from the early game be foundational to the story in the modern expansions. Unless you have goopy MMO gamer brain, sit back and enjoy one of the single best JRPG stories ever told.

Third, if you find yourself enjoying the game, do not purchase the game until you are nearing the end of the Stormblood expansion (level 70). The game is completely free until that point. If you purchase early, you'll be forced to pay a subscription fee. They have gated off zero content behind paying, so you could level every single job to 70 first getting literally hundreds if not thousands of hours worth of content out of it.

Fourth, don't be afraid to change classes. I preferred tanks myself, but started as a DPS. You can start unlocking other classes around level 15 and the quests to fly to the other city states. Along those lines, do all the job quests for your job as soon as they unlock. You will get new spells, as well as an enhancement to the base jobs at 30 (Gladiator - > Paladin, Rogue-> Ninja, Archer->Bard, etc).

Fifth, side quests are pretty unimportant during ARR (base game before Heavens ward expansion). They've done a good job balancing the EXP gain rate towards the Main Story Quest (MSQ). The ONLY side quests you should grab (besides the above mentioned job quests) are any quest marked with a "+" plus symbol on the marker. Those quests will always either unlock a new system (such as dying your armor), a new area (like the arcade zone the gold saucer) or new content (like optional dungeons).

I know there's a few FFXIV vets here. Drop if you have any questions here. Best of luck, hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.

Kalion

:)
It's just a Final Fantasy game. It isn't going to take over your life. You won't be staying up until 5AM just for a stupid snake to spawn so you can get a capybara mount you'll never use or anything.
image.png

httn

Hag enthusiast

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Also, remember that Realm Reborn (the base game) is technically the 2.0 version of the game. Some of the games lore surrounding 1.0 ISN'T done the best in game. As such, if you guys are interested in the world Jesse Cox made some good lore primers that do extremely well. If you are a "Anything Shown is Spoilers" type, don't look. But anything from later expansions shown has zero context so you likely won't be losing anything story related. Just seeing locations you'll encounter later in the game.

Lore about the world FFXIV takes place in (Stuff leading up to 1.0) -

Lore of FFXIV 1.0 -

I know
>Jesse Cox
The videos are good. Shut up.

Planetary Bombardment

Am I stuck at 90 until I officially hit Dawntrail content or have I missed something obvious?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Am I stuck at 90 until I officially hit Dawntrail content or have I missed something obvious?
You should start leveling up again as soon as you've registered the xpac, check again if you havent registered it to your account

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Stunned But Dumb

Planetary Bombardment

You should start leveling up again as soon as you've registered the xpac, check again if you havent registered it to your account
I had to make Steam give me the CD key and then go paste it into Mogstation. Looks like it's working now.

Top Bottom