"I'm never gonna be white again am I?"IronMouse

Vidya Games Thread

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
two days from now, the LATAM community will felt The Pokemon Company with the english release of a fangame, Pokemon Reminiscencia - a story-driven roguelike in the style of Gen IV/Pokemon Ranger/Mystery Dungeon that is very, very, VERY anime-inspired, and that's a good thing! I know PokeRogue's the hottest thing on the fan game market right now, but I consider this to be a serious contender to its stranglehold:

Before anyone makes any public comments that will haunt them for the rest of their lives, Lucius (the Lugia gijinka) is male.

if you're not aware of what this game already is, I'll include some videos below. It ties with Xenoverse as my current favorite fangame, and has ignited the fire within my soul to develop my own work within recent months (so you have this game to blame for my spoiler-tagged devposting).

Initial game trailer:

"DLC" (content update) trailer:

Story overview (content warning: normies):

The "Nintendo Hire This Man" epidemic has never been greater, especially with how the most recent Pokemon games have released.

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while

UberSoldat

Sale on all things strategy

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Before making the rounds, reminder that Tennocon is currently running, so if you want the Warframe drops, jump in at the link below - about 1.5 hours until the news drop, they're currently on the cosplay contest as of writing - I'll probably make a second post with the individual stream links for both Soulframe and Warframe's latest development updates:

in similar forever-game news, Path of Exile is releasing its latest league next week featuring city building and their first foray into real-time asymmetric gameplay, and Diablo IV has never been more dead in the water - check out the deep dive at the link below, if you haven't already watched the bald man being a react andy to it:

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Stunned But Dumb

I've played tons of fighters, but none get me pumped like 3s. I've been hooting for Hayao and Mov all day.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
26 years on and 3rd Strike still provides the most intense tournament moments.
Pity nobody who worked on that game is at capcom anymore.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

messicrying.jpg
Shame but this man just delivered one of the greatest fgc moments of all time.

EDIT: MOV is a fucking coward but it worked, so, good for him, i guess...

Last edited:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Speaking of EVO, I'm surprised at the lack of VTuber oshi representation this year compared to last year. The only one I've seen so far are Paladins displaying their plushies on stream while on stage.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I wish Rosemi would have done a watchalong of EVO :pikameefuck:

46gumi

I wish Rosemi would have done a watchalong of EVO :pikameefuck:

There's still top 6 tomorrow so who knows, she might do a guerilla watchalong.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
while the strategy sale is going on steam, I'll dig through my library of small/indie devs either keeping to the old ways, or filling niches - let's see if some of them have dug through the Early Access tunnel

USC: Counterforce is an answer to the oldschool UFO/XCOM games that Xenonauts doesn't cover. You're thrown into the swarm from the start, you'll have to learn how to play the game as you play it - and for some tactics enthusiasts, that's a good thing. For the current negative reviews, they don't like that they can't undo their moves, or that you can only fire in a limited range like a board game, or that they were expecting a more simple SRPG. The game allows the player to make as many mistakes as they are able, fighting against overwhelming odds, and there's an incredible depth of content to be had in that regard.

and though it's not on sale, here's the first game, which Counterforce builds upon - so while the developers are bugfixing and modifying the latest game post 1.0 release, this one's been stable for years and should give you a good idea of what to expect:

Cyber Knights: Flashpoint exists because Microsoft has a stranglehold on Shadowrun, and Paradox doesn't want to take a joint licensing deal if it means they make less profit. These developers update the game weekly, if not more often than that, and improve the game based on player feedback on a consistent basis. Even after it's released to 1.0, they still plan to update it at the same pace, and they have more than enough titles behind them that the consumer trust is already there.

Their previous game, Star Trader: Frontiers, is still updated with new content even as Cyber Knights: Flashpoint is developed, and I would say that sort of effort should be rewarded. It's the sort of Space Crew RPG that Mass Effect 4 wishes it could be - and after seeing how Veilguard's shaping up, Bioware might unironically make a worse game than three brothers pumping out content on the regular. Trigger warning, it contains bought/modified assets, which some people try to rag on it for...but it's still like nothing else on the market currently.

...and the game before *that* is Templar: Battleforce, which took their love of Warhammer 40k before Warhammer 40k became popular in the general internet mindshare. Even this still has updates and events in recent months!

...and their game before that is Heroes of Steel (we don't talk about the Star Traders 4X game), which though they may not update it as much anymore because of their latest efforts, still has a good amount of content to go through. Old-school fantasy strategy, heavily inspired by the D&D Gold Box games since WOTC seem allergic to make/license out those style of games anymore, but they're perfectly fine re-selling those games on every platform possible.

Or, if you want to get more experimental with your strategy, with a significant focus on the dynamic story being written in accordance to how your crew survives the game, "Vagrus: The Riven Realms" is something that I've been waiting to shill until they were finished with their season pass. Now that they are, I can finally recommend it in good faith, unless they spin up even more paid DLC afterward, in which case I will pull out my hair and lament these types of games never truly being "finished". It is very much not going to be for everyone because of the difficulty present in the game (in which the player is allowed to make mistakes and fail), combined with the amount of reading you need to do (reading's for nerds), so be sure to play the demo before making any decision about purchasing it, which they even have as a disclaimer on their store page because of people who are unable to read and expected something entirely different (such as Battle Brothers or Darkest Dungeon).

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Speaking of EVO, I'm surprised at the lack of VTuber oshi representation this year compared to last year. The only one I've seen so far are Paladins displaying their plushies on stream while on stage.
There was a dude with a Takodachi shirt on camera for Tekken I believe. And I think a Botan plushie in Street Fighter.

edit: And there's someone repping KFP in the Granblue top six audience.

Last edited:

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Nice try, I still ain't touching SF6.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
where is mai

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

46gumi

On one hand I wanted Big Bird to win just to see how salty Punk can get. On the other, Punk deserves this win after so long. You can really tell he's fighting that curse.

Top Bottom