"It suits you it suits you! You don't wanna be ugly!"A-chan

Vidya Games Thread

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
(Content Warning: Genshin Impact Fans, which temporarily killed Ghost Archive during the archive process)

In a similar vein to AC: Shadows, Genshin Impact is currently undergoing a boycott by twitter freaks because the characters aren't black enough (no, I am not joking). This has been going on for years, but has risen to a fever pitch now that all of the currently previewed Natlan characters either aren't black or aren't the right shade of black - they can hem and haw about "cultural appropriation" all they want, but come the fuck on, everyone knows exactly how these very same people feel about AC: Shadows and "cultural appropriation".

Archive

I am going to try my best to limit myself to one tweet per bullet point because diving through genshin fan brainrot makes me want to kill myself, but by all means, don't just take my word for it. The initial response from HoYoVerse boiled down to "this is a fictional game, please touch grass", which only served to increase their anger. How dare they not capitulate to their demands, etc.

Archive

Officially partnered content creators and even the English voice actors of the game are making a stink about it, but that's just the English VA community in general, nothing that we didn't already know about them. They will quite literally jump on [CURRENT THING] at the drop of a hat, even if it's against the very same people they seek employment from.

Archive

What is their proposed solution to get what they want? Simple, really: they will stop playing the game and spending money on it, and everyone against them are BIGOTS. No, you can't just keep playing the game yourself or not agree with them, if you are against their cause, you are the problem as well. Which, doing even a fraction of this in any other industry would get them fired and blacklisted! These people are utilizing mafia tactics and expecting companies to not only follow suit, but continue to pay them or give them work afterward! I can not stress enough how insane this is! I mean, you can't get any more clear-cut "are we the baddies?" than "keep your foot on their necks", it's just a video game, holy shit!

Archive

Why do I not believe that they will stop harassing the company and its employees if these characters are simply "made more black"? Because then they would cry racism at any possible slight otherwise. As an example: Elfy is a main NPC in the newly released Zenless Zone Zero that the player interacts with daily, she recycles unwanted equipment into new equipment, AND she is the exact sort of "representation" that these people cry about on the regular. So, you'd think she would be everything they want design-wise, right? Unfortunately, there is a record cover in the background of her shop that renders this "representation" null and void, because these people have never seen a penguin in their lives, and immediately jump to "this is blackface"...despite various other Penguin motifs being present in the game as well (including various pieces of equipment referencing penguins, if not being penguins outright).

Archive

If they want to continue this boycott while harassing the employees and people running the social media accounts? By all means, that's entirely on them, and these crybullies should be laughed at and archived in the process. If this boycott gets out of hand - which currently seems possible, with how quickly things are heating up - it's best to have a record of their actions so that they don't try to gaslight everyone that they "simply wanted more representation uwu".

Otherwise, it's Genshin Impact fans being Genshin Impact fans, news at 11.

...How the fuck am I a better game journalists than most other game journalists

holy shit mihoyo fumbled when they marketed this shit in the west

brother touch grass or something holy fuck

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

This is going to be exactly like the Harry Potter video game boycott - lots of people complaining on Twitter, lots of articles from "video game journalists" but those same people bought the game and were playing day 1. Performative behaviour is only to look virtuous in public, it's not something you do when no-one knows what you're doing.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

that was their response to all of this, yes! spoiler alert, it only made them even more mad.

if you want to REALLY prepare for some shit, the next continent after Natlan is fantasy Russia, planned to release next year

the virtue signaling writes itself

Last edited:

Awoogers

man the shitshow when the tsaritza is out is gonna be fucking hilarious

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Spent over $10k on the game? Lmao, they'll be swiping that card again soon enough.

Sounds like to me this whole thing can be chalked up to retards not realizing a Chinese company doesn't give a fuck about their Western views on shit.

Awoogers

its also the fact that everyone in mihoyo sees genshin as nothing but a cashcow because of these retards while they put all of their resources on everywhere but that game

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

(Content Warning: Genshin Impact Fans, which temporarily killed Ghost Archive during the archive process)

In a similar vein to AC: Shadows, Genshin Impact is currently undergoing a boycott by twitter freaks because the characters aren't black enough (no, I am not joking). This has been going on for years, but has risen to a fever pitch now that all of the currently previewed Natlan characters either aren't black or aren't the right shade of black - they can hem and haw about "cultural appropriation" all they want, but come the fuck on, everyone knows exactly how these very same people feel about AC: Shadows and "cultural appropriation".

Archive

I am going to try my best to limit myself to one tweet per bullet point because diving through genshin fan brainrot makes me want to kill myself, but by all means, don't just take my word for it. The initial response from HoYoVerse boiled down to "this is a fictional game, please touch grass", which only served to increase their anger. How dare they not capitulate to their demands, etc.

Archive

Officially partnered content creators and even the English voice actors of the game are making a stink about it, but that's just the English VA community in general, nothing that we didn't already know about them. They will quite literally jump on [CURRENT THING] at the drop of a hat, even if it's against the very same people they seek employment from.

Archive

What is their proposed solution to get what they want? Simple, really: they will stop playing the game and spending money on it, and everyone against them are BIGOTS. No, you can't just keep playing the game yourself or not agree with them, if you are against their cause, you are the problem as well. Which, doing even a fraction of this in any other industry would get them fired and blacklisted! These people are utilizing mafia tactics and expecting companies to not only follow suit, but continue to pay them or give them work afterward! I can not stress enough how insane this is! I mean, you can't get any more clear-cut "are we the baddies?" than "keep your foot on their necks", it's just a video game, holy shit!

Archive

Why do I not believe that they will stop harassing the company and its employees if these characters are simply "made more black"? Because then they would cry racism at any possible slight otherwise. As an example: Elfy is a main NPC in the newly released Zenless Zone Zero that the player interacts with daily, she recycles unwanted equipment into new equipment, AND she is the exact sort of "representation" that these people cry about on the regular. So, you'd think she would be everything they want design-wise, right? Unfortunately, there is a record cover in the background of her shop that renders this "representation" null and void, because these people have never seen a penguin in their lives, and immediately jump to "this is blackface"...despite various other Penguin motifs being present in the game as well (including various pieces of equipment referencing penguins, if not being penguins outright).

Archive

If they want to continue this boycott while harassing the employees and people running the social media accounts? By all means, that's entirely on them, and these crybullies should be laughed at and archived in the process. If this boycott gets out of hand - which currently seems possible, with how quickly things are heating up - it's best to have a record of their actions so that they don't try to gaslight everyone that they "simply wanted more representation uwu".

Otherwise, it's Genshin Impact fans being Genshin Impact fans, news at 11.

...How the fuck am I a better game journalists than most other game journalists

You're doing "journalism", no one in the "gaming journalism sites" actually is. That's the difference.
Spent over $10k on the game? Lmao, they'll be swiping that card again soon enough.

Sounds like to me this whole thing can be chalked up to retards not realizing a Chinese company doesn't give a fuck about their Western views on shit.
I love to point out to these people that the CCP is a racial supremacist ruling government. They're pretty open about their Han Supremacy agenda. heh

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore

She's also an officially partnered content creator with HYV - there are a surprising amount of content creators that worked with them before who are now turning against HYV, same with the voice actors. You don't even have to search for them directly, they're shoved in your face whether you want them to be or not!

Who would have guessed that social media clout for "doing the right thing", and smug/passive-aggressive (or even outright) mafia tactics might not matter more than...putting food on the table, or maintaining a professional business adherence for future work? I don't think any amount of them saying "harassing people is bad" will remove culpability at this point, but it's funny to see them try!

There's also a growing segment of the boycott that are making exceptions and excuses so that they can continue playing the game, so it's already dead before it started. They just want to get angry that the characters aren't dark enough for their proclivities, because the only races in their eyes are "black" and "not-black" - hyperbole, yes, but they have yet to prove otherwise!

I love to point out to these people that the CCP is a racial supremacist ruling government. They're pretty open about their Han Supremacy agenda. heh

Truly, we can solve global racial injustice by turning Genshin Impact into Justin Trudeau Simulator 2025

Awoogers

why would people even want a Yamanba himeko like damn man this timeline isnt deviantart get the fuck out

God's Strongest Dragoon

>let's start a boycott amongst the worst gacha addicted community out there
Are these retards serious? Gacha communities are actually one step below Gamblers Anonymous because at least actual gamblers make money when they win. Gacha piggies are the least respectable group of people.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I hope there's a surge or a spike in genshin impact income because of this latest identity grift tantrum on twitter.

Awoogers

>let's start a boycott amongst the worst gacha addicted community out there
Are these retards serious? Gacha communities are actually one step below Gamblers Anonymous because at least actual gamblers make money when they win. Gacha piggies are the least respectable group of people.
Gacha Yamanbas are the fucking lowest of the low

I would know

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Breaking news (as of 15 minutes ago when writing), Sean Murray is doing his thing again, major No Man's Sky update has been pushed out - 17.5GB on steam - proper detail below:

Personally, I enjoy the game myself, though I haven't played in a few years after their focus on seasonal content, and it seems like they're still inching forward with all of those pre-launch promises. Hopefully Light No Fire doesn't suffer the same pre-launch overpromising - but the commitment to No Man's Sky certainly gives them more credibility in that regard.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Breaking news (as of 15 minutes ago when writing), Sean Murray is doing his thing again, major No Man's Sky update has been pushed out - 17.5GB on steam - proper detail below:

Personally, I enjoy the game myself, though I haven't played in a few years after their focus on seasonal content, and it seems like they're still inching forward with all of those pre-launch promises. Hopefully Light No Fire doesn't suffer the same pre-launch overpromising - but the commitment to No Man's Sky certainly gives them more credibility in that regard.

Apparently the systems being implemented in this update are ones they have been working on for Light No Fires. Implementing them in NMS should assist in development of LNF, so there is that, at least.

Bronze

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
and it seems like they're still inching forward with all of those pre-launch promises. Hopefully Light No Fire doesn't suffer the same pre-launch overpromising - but the commitment to No Man's Sky certainly gives them more credibility in that regard.

So long as a gullible and fraudulent "insider journo industry" domain exists, every time a disruptive new tech-based experience is offered, there will be hyperbole and overpromising. Especially since traded stocks are involved.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Barely a game but fun;
It leads to some funny interactions...
Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 01-31-42 What Beats Rock Game.pngScreenshot 2024-07-18 at 01-34-48 What Beats Rock Game.pngScreenshot 2024-07-18 at 01-36-29 What Beats Rock Game.png
Bluepilled LIBTURDS destroying games with their COMMUNIST WOKE AGENDA yet again Youtube, donate to my patreon to take the fight to them
[EDIT]
It's Joever for Jew-cels
Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 01-50-43 What Beats Rock Game.png

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

God's Strongest Dragoon

Barely a game but fun;
It leads to some funny interactions...
View attachment 73874View attachment 73875View attachment 73876
Bluepilled LIBTURDS destroying games with their COMMUNIST WOKE AGENDA yet again Youtube, donate to my patreon to take the fight to them
[EDIT]
It's Joever for Jew-cels
View attachment 73877
This game REALLY does not like anything beating women. Men, husbands, spousal abuse, or even bullets. It throws a huge shitfit telling you off.

EDIT: Welp, found one
timebeatswomen.png

Last edited:

Eureka

WomenWords.PNG
So true.

E:
:smugpipi:

Jewsown2.PNG

Last edited:
Top Bottom