"So many people died, but that's fine. That's how it works. That's how Indonesian building works."Moona Hoshinova

Vidya Games Thread

Xuhle

Seems the story that respawn wasn't doing that star wars game other then Jedi were exaggerated, that is if you trust IGN.

Though speaking of star wars strategy games. Empire at war is still by far the best one there is.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Is Hololivefan Overlord going to get a ps4 release, otherwise I'm not really that interested despite the beautiful artwork and music.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I spent 7 hours playing the Unicorn Overlord demo. I don't think that quite explains how awesome I think it is... I was watching a VOD of my kamioshi and turned it off because he was distracting me from playing Unicorn Overlord. Check it out if you like SRPGs, definitely check it out if you like either modern or old school Fire Emblem.

:shubaIapprob:
Already knew but nice to have confirmation I am going to enjoy it. Any chance anyone here knows when games stop being preorder exclusive usually I have to deal with gamestop.
Is Hololivefan Overlord going to get a ps4 release, otherwise I'm not really that interested despite the beautiful artwork and music.
maybe

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I spent 7 hours playing the Unicorn Overlord demo. I don't think that quite explains how awesome I think it is... I was watching a VOD of my kamioshi and turned it off because he was distracting me from playing Unicorn Overlord. Check it out if you like SRPGs, definitely check it out if you like either modern or old school Fire Emblem.

How does it make you feel to know Vanillaware has gone on record to declare this is their largest game to date?

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3

Can Vouch for this
I cant wait for the 8th of March
Me and my brother will release in:
-PS5
-PS4
-XBOX X/S
-and Switch

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull
How does it make you feel to know Vanillaware has gone on record to declare this is their largest game to date?

Fucking stoked! :pomuLove:

Saturnus

haha it's unou

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Rejoice!

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Update on this today:
Yuzu is dead.

[archive]
Citra (the only (publicly) available 3DS Emulator) was made by the same devteam as Yuzu and they are dead.

[archive]

They both exist as opensource theres no stopping them. give it a few months some new DS emulator and switch emulator will popup and maybe will be smart enough to not have an open patron that nintendo will come after them for.
In the sense they consider this a massive success both financially and popularity wise. Stoked as fuck.

Now let's hope they don't fumble whatever they do to follow up with this new game or a sequel.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Rejoice!
I'm debating to get it on ps4 or switch. I like to get it where I can see the best quality of it to appreciate the artwork. I also don't have the willpower to wait a year if a pc port ever does come and don't own a ps5 :ponrys:

God's Strongest Dragoon

They both exist as opensource theres no stopping them. give it a few months some new DS emulator and switch emulator will popup and maybe will be smart enough to not have an open patron that nintendo will come after them for.
The rumor I saw floating around was that the Yuzu team had posted fixes to get TOTK running on their patreon before the release date, which meant that they were actually contributing to the piracy at that point.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
The Black Plague is now in Crusader Kings III (alongside a Legends mechanic to spin tales about your dynasty for glorious propaganda), and I, for one, am ready for the various alt-history mods that will spawn from it:

chihirogumi

Trails Through Daybreak has a confirmed release date. July 5th. The only video game I'm excited for this year.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Trails Through Daybreak has a confirmed release date. July 5th. The only video game I'm excited for this year.

I really need to get back and finish Reverie. I played Sky FC to CSIV almost back-to-back in almost exactly a year to the hour, but I haven't had the time or patience to put my focus on playing Reverie without distractions.

Maybe this will give me the kick in the ass I need to get back to it because, as much as I enjoy the characters in Reverie, I've been looking forward to checking out Calvard.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Finally, Pekora will save the world!

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Oh good. I jumped into the series at reverie and despite some hiccups it explains it's self well.

C is a walking Code Geass joke and was the best part of the story by far when it actually started.

Spent the whole game making Zero Requiem jokes and then he just fucking does it

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

Guess WB is moving away from AAA Game centric model to more live service/f2p multiplatform model. Kind of dumb they're doubling down on the live service model, and not seeing the reasons why Hogwarts Legacy performed better than Suicide Squad.

WB and DC making several decisions that suck in recent months too. Such as their indifference with a batman beyond film pitched by spiderverse team and creators. Something fans been wanting for years. :depressedtako:

chihirogumi

Oh good. I jumped into the series at reverie and despite some hiccups it explains it's self well.

C is a walking Code Geass joke and was the best part of the story by far when it actually started.

Spent the whole game making Zero Requiem jokes and then he just fucking does it
I understand 800 hours is a lot to ask in order to catch up to the story, but you started at the epilogue game lmao. Do you plan on playing the earlier titles?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I understand 800 hours is a lot to ask in order to catch up to the story, but you started at the epilogue game lmao. Do you plan on playing the earlier titles?
probably not unless they release in some collection later on im not opposed to it if the opportunity present's it's self (im considering some of the cold steel games because they are also on switch) but tracking down 3-7? games individually nah. and that is not including the games before that.

that being said I was fully aware of it being the epilogue and i bought it anyway which tells you how much i value starting at the start.

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
probably not unless they release in some collection later on im not opposed to it if the opportunity present's it's self (im considering some of the cold steel games because they are also on switch) but tracking down 3-7? games individually nah. and that is not including the games before that.

that being said I was fully aware of it being the epilogue and i bought it anyway which tells you how much i value starting at the start.
Trails is definitely a messy series to try and get into if not playing on PC. The Sky trilogy and the first two Cold Steel games were published by Xseed, then Falcom switched to NIS America for publishing, which is why there's no releases for the xSeed games on modern consoles. They completely skipped localizing Zero and Azure (the Crossbell duology) until recently, after Cold Steel IV was already released in the West, so people who played CS without those missed a lot of the context that happened in the Crossbell games, especially since CS1 and CS2 took place simultaneously.

Basically, someone getting into the series now without playing on PC will have gaps in the series. And as a series that is all connected through characters, stories, locations, events, etc, there's plenty of missing context because of it. The PS4 does have access to CS1 and CS2, but aside from Revierie, the Switch only has Zero, Azure, CS3, and CS4 (4, 5, 8, 9).

However, since you don't seem to mind not playing through everything, I would still recommend the other Switch titles. Even though the games are all connected, the four available on the Switch can still be enjoyed on their own. I would just recommend playing them in pairs (Zero followed by Azure, and CS3 followed by CS4) since those pairs are essentially each one game split into two parts.

Top Bottom