"Ponie posters backflip off a bridge for me"Tenma Maemi

Vidya Games Thread

Panko Enjoyer

So the soyteen wiki got updated and they are threatening they're going to dox all the dramafags covering it

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
So the soyteen wiki got updated and they are threatening they're going to dox all the dramafags covering it
Unrelated to this and the whole coffin drama but how in the fuck did the sharty speedrun ED in like what, a year?

Every random page is a congregation of their retarded lingo and most of their lolcow pages have this air of seethe like the people writing them were doing it just out of spite instead of documentation or archival

Even the infighting has a wiki flair lmao

Discord is a mistake

Last edited:

Panko Enjoyer

Unrelated to this and the whole coffin drama but how in the fuck did the sharty speedrun ED in like what, a year?

Every random page is a comgregation of their retarded lingo and most of their lolcow pages have this air of seethe like the people writing them were doing it just out of spite instead of documentation or archival

Even the infighting has a wiki flair lmao
/qa/ was always the worst board, even before the troons invaded it

EDIT: Asmon put out a youtube video where he's watching Rev's coverage of it. This is hitting normies now :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Last edited:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Decided to give Holoparade a try. After about fifteen minutes, I can decisively say that it's pretty shit. It's got serious "early 2000s flash game" vibes.

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
No Game Awards trailer, on their own like always.

The time is neigh

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

Panko Enjoyer

Completely forgot that Fallout is getting an Amazon Prime show.

Bronze

Panko Enjoyer

Will they completely ruin the writing or will it be at least watchable?
I hope so but I don't have a lot of faith. I only saw 2 names in their cast that seemed to be worthwhile, Kyle MacLachlan playing the Overseer and Walton Goggins playing the ghoul. The two creators listed for the show are Jonathan Nolan (brother of Christopher Nolan) and Lisa Joy, who were also the two creators of Westworld. Westworld was enjoyable for a while until they lost the plot so hopefully this will be at least enjoyable and look nice. Since it's post-apocalyptic, they can't really escape the Western setting like they did in Westworld.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
The trailer and the stuff shown is promising, but knowing how it goes, you better wait till it air to get your own judgment.

Maybe it would be as goof as The Last of Us, maybe its okay like the Twisted Metal one, or heck, its gonna be Halo all over again.

Speaking about Halo, they also planning to get the 2nd season running, so god knows what would happen then.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
slings you

Rock Hard

The trailer and the stuff shown is promising, but knowing how it goes, you better wait till it air to get your own judgment.

Maybe it would be as goof as The Last of Us, maybe its okay like the Twisted Metal one, or heck, its gonna be Halo all over again.

Speaking about Halo, they also planning to get the 2nd season running, so god knows what would happen then.
I stopped like halfway through the 3rd episode of TLOU, the homo shit was completely unbearable and I could tell they were trying to make Ellie more of a psychopath when Joel was killing that guard in near the end of the 1st episode. I only saw a few clips of the show after that and I just didn't feel invested enough to care. Like compare the body language alone between the game and the show in this clip. In the game, there's actually emotion and an exertion of that with his execution while in the show it just seems completely emotionally detached and almost regretful.

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Completely forgot that Fallout is getting an Amazon Prime show.

Watched the trailer. At least the design and marketing departments understood the mission, but I had no clue this was in production. I love how they put a "from" Todd Howard at the beginning, which both strokes his ego and is technically incorrect. Chris Taylor and Tim Cain created Fallout at Interplay. The series is going for the Fallout 3 and beyond's visual aesthetic.

Will they completely ruin the writing or will it be at least watchable?

I would expect it to be watchable but probably not great. Having what appears to be a female vault dweller as the lead is going to be a worry because female character writing is completely trash right now in Western English media. However, Walter Goggins might just carry the whole show. Also, looks like they're going to give maybe a 1-2 episode backstory of the Great War, if the nuking of the LA metro region wasn't something to go by. Which maybe points to it being a Fallout 1-based story?

I hope so but I don't have a lot of faith. I only saw 2 names in their cast that seemed to be worthwhile, Kyle MacLachlan playing the Overseer and Walton Goggins playing the ghoul. The two creators listed for the show are Jonathan Nolan (brother of Christopher Nolan) and Lisa Joy, who were also the two creators of Westworld. Westworld was enjoyable for a while until they lost the plot so hopefully this will be at least enjoyable and look nice. Since it's post-apocalyptic, they can't really escape the Western setting like they did in Westworld.

Those were the original creators of Westworld TV, but really only S1. They were mostly out by S2 and had nothing to do with S3. Which is known as "the only good parts of the show". Jonathon is a meh to hit type of creator. So, I'd expect it to at least be competent. The primary issue is going to be how they bring people into the Fallout world and what are they asking the audience to accept can happen. This is always an issue when you have a Real Space universe and a female lead. You have to explain why they'll be able to haul around all of the stuff that Fallout players always collect, lol.

Master Cheeks rides again, to lose another 100 million, lol. I still don't get how they just didn't make an interpretation of Reach if they're really going to drop that much money. Or actually Halo 1. They somehow thought pre-Reach, alt-timeline made a lot of sense to attract an audience. Then a Master Chief sex scene, as well. They didn't even go for the Halo 4 Co-dependency storyline.

While clearly affected deeply by "The Message", the Halo series is really most effected by the "we hate the fans and we hate that we have to do this series" mentality more than anything else.

Bronze

Halo season 2 trailer is also published. Can they redeem themselves?

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Halo season 2 trailer is also published. Can they redeem themselves?

They won't, lol.

A Fallout Youtuber slowly coming to the realization they're going to screw things up. It's actually a post-Fallout 4 story in timeline.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Honestly, as long as the FO TV show has some goofy, campy shit in it and fun characters, the rest doesn't really matter. Fallout storylines are always trash, the games are about the world and characters, and it looks like they got the former correct, already.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Honestly, as long as the FO TV show has some goofy, campy shit in it and fun characters, the rest doesn't really matter. Fallout storylines are always trash, the games are about the world and characters, and it looks like they got the former correct, already.

It looks right, but the problem with most Western media is that is all they can get right. That's basically the entire crux of the issues with Star Wars right now. The worry is going to be it's a "current year" post-apoc series that they've dressed up with the Fallout style. Which could be good to great, but you kill a lot of valuable word of mouth when the core of your network effect fanbase is worried.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Panko Enjoyer

Saw this pop up on 4chan. Turns out someone made a high quality mod to turn "Dame Aylin" into "Ser Aylin" and it has a bunch of gays upset because it is part of a modpack called "No Alphabet".

This modpack is very thorough apparently.
noalphabet.png

There's also a mod that makes Wyll white
whitewyll.png

Another mod that removes all the blacks
betteraesthetics.png

betteraesthetics2.png

Reddit saltmine thread

Last edited:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Saw this pop up on 4chan. Turns out someone made a high quality mod to turn "Dame Aylin" into "Ser Aylin" and it has a bunch of gays upset because it is part of a modpack called "No Alphabet".

This modpack is very thorough apparently.
noalphabet.png

There's also a mod that makes Wyll white
whitewyll.png

Another mod that removes all the blacks
betteraesthetics.png

betteraesthetics2.png

Reddit saltmine thread

These modpacks are always great because they always devolve into screeching & the streisand effect in action. Just needs to be suddenly delisted by Nexusmods to legitimise it. Impressive amount of effort involved though - usually these things just involve setting the region to Saudi Arabia or something similarly hilarious.

Top Bottom