"Zaion, Queen of the Jews"Zaimons

Vidya Games Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

jesus christ if I wanted spend 5 minutes trying to kill an enemy I'd do an only fist run in any souls game. Is it too much to ask from these niggas to go back to AC2 combat or if you're basically making a ninja game just use tenchu's gameplay and improve the combat? I don't even pirate new games because all of them are so ass is not even worth the bandwidth.
When making their Assassin's Creed set in China, it seems they took "Death by a thousand cuts" as a guide for how boss fights should work. :SelenHAHAhere:
The big thing is that this is all just retarded bloating to make their game's stat systems be important, that way they can likely shake down a bunch of mobiletards with in-game purchases. They did this exact tactic in Odyssey where they made leveling super fucking slow and you would spend an eternity to kill an enemy that you didn't massively outlevel. Meanwhile they had a bunch of EXP boosts in the in-game shop.
That looks pretty interesting for a free phone game. Finally, Ubisoft found a way to make the post-Unity AssCreed games look fun. They just had to hit the rock bottom of shovelware videogames, to seem good in comparison.
It's pretty hilarious that the only way they can make their games do well is to cater to the audience with the lowest standards possible. Mirage is definitely coming off as a brief foray into attempting to court the old Assassin's Creed audience to revisiting the series but that's backfiring and they're already getting backlash with that. People are upset that they didn't hold their word of "going back to the roots" by having magical teleporting multi-kill shit in the trailer. The parkour they've hyped up doesn't hold a candle to Unity's parkour. People have started to analyze the gameplay trailer and notice the parkour is less fluid and slower than even the original games like Assassin's Creed 1 because they didn't actually change the parkour in their RPG game engine, they just put you in a map that makes it look better.

So after Mirage, I expect Ubisoft to say "fuck the old fans, their standards are too high" and just keep pumping out their shitty RPG style games because they've picked up a lot of low-standard fans after Odyssey that will buy whatever trash they publish.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Speaking of AssCreed games I just started playing Black Flag again in an attempt to finish it but holy fucking shit is it a headache sometimes. There's a pole between you and an enemy? Well Edward isn't going to do shit. You want to go up a lift? How about you fiddle around by the fucking thing for a few seconds. When it works, it works. When it doesn't, sometimes those dark thoughts sitting in the back of your mind come out of the shadows.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
AC peaked with Brotherhood and none of them were worth playing after that.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I think Revelations is alright. Origins is good too. The rest are pretty meh, and how Korone managed to play the british one for 24 hours will never not amaze me.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
double post lol

I just got the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes, and I was wondering whether to get 8 or the 4 remake since I have some more money to spare. What are your guys thoughts between the two?

UberSoldat

Quake 2 just got remastered, was rumored for a bit. Nightdive keeps on winning.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
jesus christ if I wanted spend 5 minutes trying to kill an enemy I'd do an only fist run in any souls game. Is it too much to ask from these niggas to go back to AC2 combat or if you're basically making a ninja game just use tenchu's gameplay and improve the combat? I don't even pirate new games because all of them are so ass is not even worth the bandwidth.

My interest in AsScree basically flatlined when they shoveled level mechanics into the games to justify being unable to instakill random fucks wandering around as if somehow some metric of life experience made the occipital bone knifeproof.

double post lol

I just got the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes, and I was wondering whether to get 8 or the 4 remake since I have some more money to spare. What are your guys thoughts between the two?

I'm more biased towards 4 remake for what it is and my feelings towards 4 in general as one of the best games of the series. I've not played 8 (yet) but I'm also not all that into it or 7 in comparison. It still feels weird to me for an RE game to be first person, and big titty goth antagonist isn't enough of a sell. I wouldn't say that 8 is bad though, this is just my personal leaning. The original release of 4 was an amazing experience for the series, and the remake manages to refine that same feeling and make it slightly more grounded and a bit less campy. I still think it could serve to be a little more 'survival' in 'survival horror' but I'm not too bent on being able to gun through hordes of monsters and zombros.

Funny Fish

Seeing all this talk of "AC" without full context is just another sad reminder to me that FromSoft is deciding to bring back Armored Core in name only. It's the same kind of feeling as a band putting out the same kind of album again and again when you prefer their older stuff.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Seeing all this talk of "AC" without full context is just another sad reminder to me that FromSoft is deciding to bring back Armored Core in name only. It's the same kind of feeling as a band putting out the same kind of album again and again when you prefer their older stuff.
From the longer videos I've seen of Armored Core 6, the game play appears to be fairly in line with the most recent games, though a bit more polish and a little bit of souls-like boss additions.

Funny Fish

So sluggish gen 5 stuff? Damn shame.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Now that evo's over I'm really keen on getting into granblue fantasy vs (the new one) and maybe kof XV. What's a good site where people sell controller kits or boxes. The shoryuken forums marketplace was ace in the sense that you could find legit carpenters sell stick setups right alongside someone selling wiring harnesses or seimitsu buttons. I miss that.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
OW2 has been downgraded to Overwhelmingly Negative (11% of 45,103) at the time of typing this out. Apparently, the DLC is/was bugged, and people who bought it were not given access to it. One person edited their review and said they finally received it 13 hours later. Should go without saying that every DLC is also negatively rated.

I know it's been said a million times for years now, but it blows my mind how far Blizzard has fallen. I was one of the many people who were incredibly hyped for Overwatch when it was announced and up until release. I had fun with it for a bit until I got bored with PvP shooters as a whole. I never really played WoW or WC, and I only played the first Starcraft at a friend's house from time to time, but I played a ton of Diablo and D2 growing up. Also played D3 for a while, and even though it was a downgrade, I still enjoyed it when I was playing it.

Even though I only ever really played Diablo, I knew of the kind of culture surrounding Blizzard games in general, and it seemed pretty good for a while. But these last few years, it's almost like they're trying to tank everything because I find it hard to believe anyone could constantly fuck up as hard as Blizz have by accident. At this point, they may as well be dead to me because I have zero desire to play anything from them or look forward to anything from them. Hell, I was gifted D4, and I've probably spent less than 3 hours playing it since release and have zero desire to play it.

Going back to the Critically acclaimed statement, it's wild how in a few years the franchise went from actually being critically acclaimed to getting an Overwhelmingly Negative aggregated review on Steam in around 24 hours. And it only took a few years to fall that far.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Color me shocked.
:whatastory:

"Overwatch 2 is a critically acclaimed*

*by the journalists we bribed and also the ones we haven't blacklisted for bad reviews."

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
OW2 has been downgraded to Overwhelmingly Negative (11% of 45,103) at the time of typing this out. Apparently, the DLC is/was bugged, and people who bought it were not given access to it. One person edited their review and said they finally received it 13 hours later. Should go without saying that every DLC is also negatively rated.

I know it's been said a million times for years now, but it blows my mind how far Blizzard has fallen. I was one of the many people who were incredibly hyped for Overwatch when it was announced and up until release. I had fun with it for a bit until I got bored with PvP shooters as a whole. I never really played WoW or WC, and I only played the first Starcraft at a friend's house from time to time, but I played a ton of Diablo and D2 growing up. Also played D3 for a while, and even though it was a downgrade, I still enjoyed it when I was playing it.

Even though I only ever really played Diablo, I knew of the kind of culture surrounding Blizzard games in general, and it seemed pretty good for a while. But these last few years, it's almost like they're trying to tank everything because I find it hard to believe anyone could constantly fuck up as hard as Blizz have by accident. At this point, they may as well be dead to me because I have zero desire to play anything from them or look forward to anything from them. Hell, I was gifted D4, and I've probably spent less than 3 hours playing it since release and have zero desire to play it.

Going back to the Critically acclaimed statement, it's wild how in a few years the franchise went from actually being critically acclaimed to getting an Overwhelmingly Negative aggregated review on Steam in around 24 hours. And it only took a few years to fall that far.
Man I still remember how when overwatch came out it basically gave the industry hero shooter aids and everyone and their mother were trying to be the overwatch killer, it's hilarious that overwatch 2 was the overwatch killer in the end :Vesper-UNHINGED:
Blizzard don't have to care about IP anymore. They grew large enough that they don't need fans they just need to cater to retard consumers, they just have to shit out something with an adictive gameplay loop and just monetize it up the ass to get profits. The only way I see it go tits up is if they shit out an extremely poor game with max greed mechanics but so far they've been smart enough to at least make the game tasty for the average consumer. I don't think you're gonna get another actually mindblowing game from any AAA studio anymore, the bulk of the money nowadays are people who rarely finish a game.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
it's hilarious that overwatch 2 was the overwatch killer in the end :Vesper-UNHINGED:
Overwatch 1 was the Overwatch killer lol. Or more specifically, Blizzard was. They ran that shit into the ground hard and fast. It's literally why they made OW2 because they fucked OW1 so hard it wasn't recoverable.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Overwatch 1 was the Overwatch killer lol. Or more specifically, Blizzard was. They ran that shit into the ground hard and fast. It's literally why they made OW2 because they fucked OW1 so hard it wasn't recoverable.
>drive Overwatch 1 into the ground with terrible anti-fun metas that actually go on for years
>overwatch 2 fixes this and the beta test with no monetization is a pretty fun game
>drive Overwatch 2 into the ground with terrible microtransactions and terrible everything else except the gameplay

Surely, Overwatch 3 will fix this.

ogey_rrat

ogey
Someone posted a 11min gameplay video of Assassin's Creed Codename Jade, the mobile game set in Japan. They borrowed heavily from Odyssey and it's exactly what you'd expect. So the mobile game after Mirage is going to be borrowing heavily from Odyssey and the console mainline game (Codename Red in Japan) is being made by the team that made Odyssey. It's all so shit.

Looks more Chinese than Japanese to me (and 'Jade' would also hint at this - isn't the Japanese one Codename Red?). Still crap, though.
I think Revelations is alright. Origins is good too. The rest are pretty meh, and how Korone managed to play the british one for 24 hours will never not amaze me.
I don't get why Revelations wasn't more popular, I thought it was pretty good, especially when you consider that AC3 was the game that followed it a year later.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Looks more Chinese than Japanese to me (and 'Jade' would also hint at this - isn't the Japanese one Codename Red?). Still crap, though.

I don't get why Revelations wasn't more popular, I thought it was pretty good, especially when you consider that AC3 was the game that followed it a year later.
Yeah, good catch. Don't know why I typed Japan. I guess it's because I mentioned Codename Red in the same post. They've stated it's set in China before.

Top Bottom