"Even if she's dead, she still looks cute"Axel Syrios

Vidya Games Thread

Zapan1984

My Time At Evershine has been announced, with a kickstarter campaign launching September 24th. This time around you are the governor of a town, so anticipate increased city building elements that build off from the previous building elements of the other games - the team is budgeting $12mil for the title, and the kickstarter will help determine what amount of funding beyond that the game will receive, so that they don't have to guess when planning out development:

It's the third game in the series after Sandrock and Portia, very easy to sink hundreds of hours over multiple playthroughs, and because I have three-digit hours across both games myself I am perfectly fine in recommending the crowdfund campaign. For any chuubas that are interested in the game (namely Shiori and Sayu come to mind), they might want to consider watching the backer NPC slots like a hawk because those are often the most popular tiers in their campaigns.

The developers also have a built-in controversy surrounding the game because the lead artist used an AI tool to create wrinkles on characters in promotional artwork for My Time At Evershine, and (from what I currently understand but could be wrong about) also used an AI tool to prototype character concepts before fully drawing the characters themselves, which put a vocal chunk of the "cozy games audience" in a frenzy. The developers have already apologized and offered additional character previews to showcase "this isn't made by AI, the artist draws everything", which was met with "not good enough sweaty", but I'm willing to bet that won't have much sway over the crowdfund at the end of the day.

While i dont Back games on purpose, i do look forward to it as Portia and Sandrock were really enjoyable.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Still haven't finished Portia, but have a good amount of time spent in it. Usually like going back to it to have a bit of mindless, relaxing fun. Solid game. Haven't played Sandrock yet, but going to move onto it when I finish with Portia.

Nice to see there's still plenty of the series ahead for me. Might have to jump back into Portia again soon.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Sad that we won't see a Sims 5 for now, but considering EA currently I'm sure they would ruin it somehow.

1726597170636.png

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I would like to believe that EA's marketing and sales (ie: all of their management) came up dry trying to device a way to make The Sims any worse.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Might have to jump back into Portia again soon.
Don't forget about the best and must-have mod for the game:smugrys:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I would like to believe that EA's marketing and sales (ie: all of their management) came up dry trying to device a way to make The Sims any worse.
"we didn't separate the content packs enough."

Bug Eater

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

So, Path of Exile route, but way faster?
Also i don't think it's just "reddit crying", didn't they lose major portions of their playerbase over the last several months?

Steam Player List

Their real problem isn't dropping from 400k. It's the point at which 125k went down to 25k. Patches seems to help, so it's probably stabilized the issue. It felt like they fundamentally didn't understand they were trying to balance a game for a Doom Audience and needed to properly ignore any of the Competitive Shooter discussions. It's a PvE game with friendly fire. The more Boom the Friendly Fire comes with, the better.

Sony itself is still the biggest issue. As they basically geolocked the game, which really hurts the total player counts.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
So, Path of Exile route, but way faster?
Also i don't think it's just "reddit crying", didn't they lose major portions of their playerbase over the last several months?
The thing is, they didn't lose noticeable numbers after the bad balance changes, not even Sony's bullshit caused a sharp drop. The game just had a natural dropoff and isn't FOTM anymore. Still pulled around 25k concurrent players daily even before this.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Judgment and Lost Judgment are 70% off on Steam right now

God's Strongest Dragoon

Switch 2 potentially leaked. New

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Nintendo has officially taken too long and some random Xiang from a Chinese factory has taken it upon themselves to leak the Switch 2 specs finally.

xyjkxv.png

Translation - "switch second generation model stp""switch second generation switch2 model stp: magnetic slide rail, 8-inch large screen, length 270 width 115 thickness 14, two typec interfaces"
n0tstw.png
hb84f2.png

l6i3kz.png
1wqpp2.png

1oyuvl.png
p9tbh0.png

9nsb4z.png
g7uyre.png

1jz3gs.png
yrea07.png
wcb36f.png

Leaked Specs:
7n0kah.jpeg

Note: these are not from the same source as the prototype & cad images, so accuracy may vary.
Translation:
Shipping List Details Summary
HGU1100: Game console itself.
HGU1110: Left Joy-Con controller.
HGU1120: Right Joy-Con controller.
HGU1130: Dock.
Detailed Configuration List
SoCl (CPU + GPU) model: GMLX30-R-A1.
Memory model: MT62F768M64D4EK-026 (6GX2 dual channel, LPDDR5X, 7500 MT/s)
Flash memory model: THGJFGT1E45BAILHW0 (256GB, UFS 3.1, manufactured by Kaixia, 2100 MB/s).
Audio chip model: Ruiwu ALC5658-CG.
NFC reader model: NXP IPN7160B1HN
Built-in microphone model: CMB-MIC-X7.
Dual cooling fans, model BSM0405HPJH9 and BSM0505HPJQC (copper gaming heat sink).
Video signal conversion (DisplayPort to HDMI) must be chip model; Ruixian RTD2175N must be chip (support HDMI 2.1).
Network chip model: Ruiming RTL8153B-VB-CG and Gigabit Ethernet chip (the base has a network cable interface).
Microcontroller chip model: STMicroelectronics JSTM32G0OB0OCET6.
Video game console protective case model: HGU1100 (size: 206 x 115 x 14mm, made of plastic).
Speakers: MUSE BOX-L and MUSE BOX-R (two-channel stereo).

VSoyBoy

Nintendo has officially taken too long and some random Xiang from a Chinese factory has taken it upon themselves to leak the Switch 2 specs finally.

xyjkxv.png

Translation - "switch second generation model stp""switch second generation switch2 model stp: magnetic slide rail, 8-inch large screen, length 270 width 115 thickness 14, two typec interfaces"
n0tstw.png
hb84f2.png

l6i3kz.png
1wqpp2.png

1oyuvl.png
p9tbh0.png

9nsb4z.png
g7uyre.png

1jz3gs.png
yrea07.png
wcb36f.png

Leaked Specs:
7n0kah.jpeg

Note: these are not from the same source as the prototype & cad images, so accuracy may vary.
Translation:
Some thoughts:
- Larger than the OG switch - Very nice
- Pretty speedy and much larger main storage - Very nice and explains the rumours of BotW running with no loading times
- Switch OLED style kickstand - Very nice and much needed
- Ethernet port on base - Very nice
- Looks like it has two USB-C ports with one on the top - Very nice and important improvement from the OG switch
- Looks like the JoyCon has an extra trigger(?) when used sideways - Could increase the amount of games that can comfortably be played with one JoyCon
- Cooling looks more sophisticated which hopefully means quieter, OG switch was never really loud though
- SoC was known for a long time - Going with Nvidia could give them a big software stack advantage

Looking very nice and if the rumoured price of 400$ is true it's a pretty amazing upgrade for the OG Switch.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Welp, the new Helldivers 2 update is out, and it's a comical overcorrection based on nothing but reddit crying. The railgun can kill bile titans and tanks in two or three shots, the flamethrower got a 33% damage buff over it's pre-nerf state, anti-mat rifle can shoot through all but the thickest armor and still onetap hulks and twotap gunships, etc.. I guess this is more fun, but the pendulum might've detached and flown out the window at this point.

In other news, Battlefield 1 got new anti-cheat, so the guy that crashes servers for the glory of Mother Russia is out of a job now.
Its quite funny that people have glossed over how Reddit and Discord were ground zero for some of the more retarded changes
The general onus of retardation is on the devs for even listening to them but day 1 leddit and discord were on the frontlines of bitching about anything and everything regarding to its balance. Arrowhead being retarded was worst case scenario and it went full circle to redditors crying about the schizophrenic balance

Saturnus

haha it's unou

xyjkxv.png

n0tstw.png
hb84f2.png

l6i3kz.png
1wqpp2.png

1oyuvl.png
p9tbh0.png

9nsb4z.png
g7uyre.png

1jz3gs.png
yrea07.png
wcb36f.png

Leaked Specs:
7n0kah.jpeg

Translation:
This more or less confirms to me that the rumors that Nintendo was more so listening to investors (at least for their hardware) is more or less true because it is quite literally The Switch but better. Not a bad thing until they try to influence their software heavily.
Cooling looks more sophisticated which hopefully means quieter, OG switch was never really loud though
My Switch from launch year gets slightly loud when I've been playing more recent Nintendo titles (Totk, Splatoon 3, Pikmin 4, etc) for extended periods of time but otherwise doesn't sound like a jet engine (yet).

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

xyjkxv.png

n0tstw.png
hb84f2.png

l6i3kz.png
1wqpp2.png

1oyuvl.png
p9tbh0.png

9nsb4z.png
g7uyre.png

1jz3gs.png
yrea07.png
wcb36f.png

Leaked Specs:
7n0kah.jpeg

Translation:
Update to this post -

There appears to be serious contention about the 3D renders in the post above.
gkl9ci.png

They are alleging they are made by a "Popular Chinese Reverse Engineer"

However DigitalFoundry appears to believe the two obvious RL pictures and the specs are real.

Comparing this mockup to the actual Switch's PCB shows a totally different design, so people are expecting this is an early prototype for the Switch 2.
4j5b7m.png

To counter this however, another source has come forward to claim the 3D mockups are based on the real thing.
yomj48.png

dhw1m8.png

/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours and /r/NintendoSwitch2 has been going crazy.
at0jfg.png

VSoyBoy

Update to this post -

There appears to be serious contention about the 3D renders in the post above.
gkl9ci.png

They are alleging they are made by a "Popular Chinese Reverse Engineer"

However DigitalFoundry appears to believe the two obvious RL pictures and the specs are real.

Comparing this mockup to the actual Switch's PCB shows a totally different design, so people are expecting this is an early prototype for the Switch 2.
4j5b7m.png

To counter this however, another source has come forward to claim the 3D mockups are based on the real thing.
yomj48.png

dhw1m8.png

/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours and /r/NintendoSwitch2 has been going crazy.
at0jfg.png

Multiple outlets are confirming the initial leak at least in parts. I think an explanation would be that the dude did the 3d models to visualize the console better than the rather shitty and incomplete prototype shells. The spec part of the leak is also in line with previous information.

I don't think we'll have to wait much longer to be honest, feels like late October at the latest for a first official look at this point.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I hope it is fake if only because that is the same joycon design. They really need to redesign it so it doesn't actively try and give its users carpal tunnel...

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
My Switch from launch year gets slightly loud when I've been playing more recent Nintendo titles (Totk, Splatoon 3, Pikmin 4, etc) for extended periods of time but otherwise doesn't sound like a jet engine (yet).
Same here I suspect it's something they intentionally engineers against because even when it get's "hot" it does not seem to go beyond a certain speed at worst it's a audible but not loud air conditioner you might find in a McDonalds or something.

xyjkxv.png

n0tstw.png
hb84f2.png

l6i3kz.png
1wqpp2.png

1oyuvl.png
p9tbh0.png

9nsb4z.png
g7uyre.png

1jz3gs.png
yrea07.png
wcb36f.png

Leaked Specs:
7n0kah.jpeg

Translation:
I however refuse to believe nintendo made a new system without a weird gimmick. the Satisfying Click of connecting the controllers is now powerful enough to deter large bears.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I however refuse to believe nintendo made a new system without a weird gimmick.
Agreed, but maybe this is the gen where Nintendo realizes they just need to make the Switch again But Better.

Top Bottom