"I love my white soundproof locked in room nobody can hear my screams there"Ouro Kronii

Vidya Games Thread

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 is currently $10 on Steam

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I really wanted to like Obduction but there was some point in the game that I completely lost interest
Was it the point where you had to assemble a passageway via rotating parts of a sphere in multiple worlds?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

I love Yoko Taro, Drakengard was interesting but Nier 1 and 2 were amazing. The man should have been tapped for directing a Final Fantasy game. Yoko's been toiling away on mobile shit for a few years, so it's good to see him back on a proper console game, and I love me some turn-based RPG gaming. Really looking forward to this in October.

Yoko Taro has been trolling Metaphor ReFantazio since before Nier Automata even came out. I'm glad to see he's committed to the bit even 7 years after his first video.

Xuhle

Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 is currently $10 on Steam

One of the man autism the game simulators. honestly the mechanic stuff is some of the autism i can get behind unlike house flipper.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I need to ask fellow autists for a game recommendation. I need a new fps to play, if you know of something similar to enlisted and planetside 2 that isn't ww1 themed let me know. Or any fps that has that strategic angle instead of just brainless pvp in an enclosed arena. Don't say any of the battlefield games because the ones alive are the newest one and it's ass.

If you also know of a pve shooter that has user generated content let me know. I was playing halo's infinite's forge maps and it was nice but their enemy pool is so fucking lame so I'm looking for something similar too. I know of "meet your maker" but it looked pretty shit.
In exchange I give you this channel if you like indie games. The dude compiles some interesting indies, he has been uploading less but it's a nice channel to have so you don't swift through the dregs of steam to find interesting things

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Late to the convo
I have a PS5 controller around that works fine, but once the sticks go, I'm going to see about soldering in hall effect sticks. I did it with a few PS4 controllers, and my brother seems fine with them. I used ones with the red colored pcbs off aliexpress, because they apparently don't have as much jitter for whatever reason. Lot cheaper than a new controller if you have the tools and patience, no stick potentiometers any more
Embrace the poorfag pill and just get 3rd party Xbox 360 clone controllers. Across something close to ten years I got two Speedlink Torids for a total of $50, the first one lasted like 9 years, the second one is still perfectly fine.
I have $20 Hori controllers I used for switch, because I don't use the system much, and I hate joycons. They work just fine, taken abuse pretty well besides rubber coming off the sticks. But, I would not get random 360 clones due to garbage stick ranges/accuracy. I had an PDP afterglow one, and man, aiming was boxy garbage.

I have a Chinesium Flydigi controller with hall effect sticks I use for the most part now, though, and it works pretty well. Only thing I worry about now is the springs in the sticks, they feel a bit weak, like they'll get un-springy eventually

UberSoldat

I need to ask fellow autists for a game recommendation. I need a new fps to play, if you know of something similar to enlisted and planetside 2 that isn't ww1 themed let me know. Or any fps that has that strategic angle instead of just brainless pvp in an enclosed arena. Don't say any of the battlefield games because the ones alive are the newest one and it's ass.

If you also know of a pve shooter that has user generated content let me know. I was playing halo's infinite's forge maps and it was nice but their enemy pool is so fucking lame so I'm looking for something similar too. I know of "meet your maker" but it looked pretty shit.
In exchange I give you this channel if you like indie games. The dude compiles some interesting indies, he has been uploading less but it's a nice channel to have so you don't swift through the dregs of steam to find interesting things

If you would have asked this last year, I would have easily recommended BattleBit to scratch that Battlefield itch. Classic Battlefield mixed with a bit of Squad. Unfortunately, playerbase isn't as strong as it used to be and last update was 9 months ago. For strategic FPSs, I'd look at the Red Orchestra and Rising Storm games and their mods, such as Darkest Hour. While Rising Storm 2 has a small playerbase, you likely need to grab a bunch of people sessions in for the other games. Other ones I know of but haven't played myself are Insurgency: Sandstorm and Delta Force Hawk Ops, the latter of which appears to have been received well.

As for some PVE shooters with user-made content:
Obviously a big one is Left 4 Dead.
Doom Eternal recently had official modding tools added and so far the user-made content looks great, so I would keep an eye on that one.
Killing Floor 1 and 2 are fun coop shooters with plenty of workshop content too.

God's Strongest Dragoon

They made a Sci-fi, 3D Myst with most of the same story lines. It was actually bound to go over really well for a large audience. The problem is that it was a bit to "revelatory" for a few too many reviewers. Probably because they aren't good at puzzle games or haven't done enough puzzles in life. It also set a really good atmosphere and the use of the Groundhog's Day mechanic created a time risk that wasn't punishing. The weird part about the game is how much of an actual decades-old throwback the design actually is.

Though we're clearly into a Design Nostalgia age in games, as VR killed a lot of innovation for a couple of years.
The Groundhog's Day mechanic is actually what really pissed me off. I had no problem with the puzzles, it was the fact that it was a 22min loop where you could miss something in that 22mins or just get far enough that you have to do that sequence all over again as you're nearing the time limit in your current time loop. I inherently hate time limits in games because it just makes me feel like I need to rush at all times. Whenever I found a new place, I never thought "oh, time to explore this!" but instead "oh great, how much will I get to see before I have to reset and spend 5 minutes coming back." The whole game just felt like it was intentionally tedious by design.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Concord
:pankosmug:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

try MechWarrior Online. it is enclosed arenas but it otherwise fills your Criteria get used to meme ass loadouts though idiots will play it like CoDfish.

It is fun trying to play a squad cover shooter in mechs the size of houses.

as for PVE shooter you could always try overwatch2 :smugpipi:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Delta Force Hawk Ops
I've been waiting for this one to come out I hope it doesn't die in 6 months.
Killing Floor 1 and 2 are fun coop shooters with plenty of workshop content too.
last I heard of killing floor 2 was that they turned it into a grindfest pay to win, might give it a try. Might also get back to l4d2 and try all the user made campaigns

try MechWarrior Online. it is enclosed arenas but it otherwise fills your Criteria get used to meme ass loadouts though idiots will play it like CoDfish.
will give it a look
Thanks for the info niggas :kaelaapprob:

UberSoldat

last I heard of killing floor 2 was that they turned it into a grindfest pay to win, might give it a try.
Yeah there are paid weapons but they aren't really P2W. Game ain't too grindy either, you could load into a trainer map to grind perks quickly if you like.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I've been waiting for this one to come out I hope it doesn't die in 6 months.

last I heard of killing floor 2 was that they turned it into a grindfest pay to win, might give it a try. Might also get back to l4d2 and try all the user made campaigns

will give it a look
Thanks for the info niggas :kaelaapprob:
Killingfloor 2 has a system where you can use some DLC if you are in a game with people who bought it, iirc

Seconding for Mechwarrior Online's recommend, if you play during a monthly event you can often get stacks of cash or even free premium mechs

UberSoldat

Sale on boomshoots and other indies

And a sale on plane, train, and automobile games

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Satisfactory has moved out of beta. It is now at version 1.0.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Welp, the new Helldivers 2 update is out, and it's a comical overcorrection based on nothing but reddit crying. The railgun can kill bile titans and tanks in two or three shots, the flamethrower got a 33% damage buff over it's pre-nerf state, anti-mat rifle can shoot through all but the thickest armor and still onetap hulks and twotap gunships, etc.. I guess this is more fun, but the pendulum might've detached and flown out the window at this point.

In other news, Battlefield 1 got new anti-cheat, so the guy that crashes servers for the glory of Mother Russia is out of a job now.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Welp, the new Helldivers 2 update is out, and it's a comical overcorrection based on nothing but reddit crying. The railgun can kill bile titans and tanks in two or three shots, the flamethrower got a 33% damage buff over it's pre-nerf state, anti-mat rifle can shoot through all but the thickest armor and still onetap hulks and twotap gunships, etc.. I guess this is more fun, but the pendulum might've detached and flown out the window at this point.

In other news, Battlefield 1 got new anti-cheat, so the guy that crashes servers for the glory of Mother Russia is out of a job now.
Arrowhead have fumbled their golden goose so hard I suppose I can't really blame them for throwing out a people-pleasing patch like this, but it does kind of draw attention yet again to their lack of direction and understanding of their own game & you have to ask the question of how many people who have left will actually care. Stems the bleed if they keep it up I guess.

Bronze

Sad that we won't see a Sims 5 for now, but considering EA currently I'm sure they would ruin it somehow.

Helkar

So, Path of Exile route, but way faster?
Also i don't think it's just "reddit crying", didn't they lose major portions of their playerbase over the last several months?

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
My Time At Evershine has been announced, with a kickstarter campaign launching September 24th. This time around you are the governor of a town, so anticipate increased city building elements that build off from the previous building elements of the other games - the team is budgeting $12mil for the title, and the kickstarter will help determine what amount of funding beyond that the game will receive, so that they don't have to guess when planning out development:

It's the third game in the series after Sandrock and Portia, very easy to sink hundreds of hours over multiple playthroughs, and because I have three-digit hours across both games myself I am perfectly fine in recommending the crowdfund campaign. For any chuubas that are interested in the game (namely Shiori and Sayu come to mind), they might want to consider watching the backer NPC slots like a hawk because those are often the most popular tiers in their campaigns.

The developers also have a built-in "controversy" surrounding the game because the lead artist used an AI tool to create wrinkles on characters in promotional artwork for My Time At Evershine, and (from what I currently understand but could be wrong about) also used an AI tool to prototype character concepts before fully drawing the characters themselves, which put a vocal chunk of the "cozy games audience" in a frenzy. The developers have already apologized and offered additional character previews to showcase "this isn't made by AI, the artist draws everything", which was met with "not good enough sweaty", but I'm willing to bet that won't have much sway over the crowdfund at the end of the day. Personally, I'm on the side of the developers on this, there was no ill intent on their end, and they didn't deserve that sort of backlash - I wanted to point out how crazy the backlash was in comparison to the perceived slights.

EDIT: edited for clarity

Last edited:
Top Bottom