"By the way, my fetish is -REDACTED-."Takane Lui

Vidya Games Thread

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
How the fuck did you understand anything that was going on, getting into MGS after 7 games of pure autism and Kojima's writing style where everything and everyone are connected?

That is an incredible boss fight though, and one of the three parts of MGS4 that didn't make me want to kill myself.
Bold of you to assume I did understand anything. All I knew was I was an old man, and I could use a cardboard box to hide. That ending was just cool to see at the time.
I just enjoyed playing the game, the story was just there. Didn't serve a purpose to me at the time. It was only after I tried playing MGS 2 that I wanted to understand the story, and at one point I gave up before coming back to it.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Original RE4 probably has the best reload animations out of any game ever though, and they fucked them up so god damn bad in the remake.

They made them more realistic, which just goes to show that sometimes realism doesn't make things better. No one picks up a Striker and thinks "AW YEAH I WANT TO AWKWARDLY HAND ROTATE THE CHAMBERS TO LOAD THIS GIANT RETARDED REVOLVER", they think "AW YEAH BIG FUCKING BOOMSTICK" and live in the fantasy that they can reload the entire drum several shells at a time in 2 seconds.

What fucking purees my walnuts though is this motherfucker carries ten million stripper clips for a C96 he can dispose of at will but hand loads the Springfield. Also I sure hope you sell that bag of holding you're keeping all those spare pistol magazines in after this mission, Leon, because those thousands of discarded mags are fucking expensive you dumb asshole.

cool reload animations

Grim Dawn and G3

May Tencent find peace in their future as a glass crater, amen. Grim Dawn lives on as one of my favourite ARPGs and it so often goes on sale for <$10 there's no excuse not to own it if you like the genre.

Kind of related to Video games, but can anyone recommend me some good OSTs to listen to? My list is already pretty extensive though.

Not OSTs, but good starting points for.

Last edited:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Hacking a 3ds is a lot easier than I thought it would be.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Yep, it's had its up and downs, but it's completely accessible now, and there's a nice text guide for it. Vita's not bad, Wii U I haven't checked on (wasn't bad at the time). I haven't touched xbox/360 hacking personally, so no idea there.

I really liked the GBA vc injects for the 3ds system, pretty much native hardware, I'd share the menu theme I made before, but even mentioning I made one is probably too much PL

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
IMO, PoE was going downhill before GGG got bought by China. The game has a massive feature bloat issue that GGG is not interested in fixing, unless they do so in PoE2, anyway.

Spirelord

Hello.
Monster Sanctuary is really fun, I wish more people streamed it. I also made a spinner if anyone else wants to do a tribe limited playthrough: Wheel

Also because the farms is down: I don't know why I have terminal Bleach brainrot, I never watched the show and only read the wiki to understand what an 'Ichigo's shikai' meant in Fextralife comments, but it must be said that the primordial sorceries you get from Lusat and Azur are both 'Ceros'. Comet Azur is Cero Obscuras while Stars of Ruin is Cero Metralleta. How this isn't as talked about as the Berserk references continues to baffle me, because the character similarities can be dismissed but these are straight up references.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Fun point about retro games, right now Diablo 2 is about $14 on the Blizzard launcher, the bundle that includes both D2 and D3 is about $20 which includes all the expansions and perks. It's amazing how a third instalment can be less than 50% of a second instalment that came out over a decade after it. Right now Diablo 4 is $70 for the base game and while it's fun, I think there's too much bullshit, how long do you thing before it's heavily discounted?

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Anyone able to tell me if getting used to keyboard and mouse is worth it? I've been a console user all my life, with the only time I've ever played on a PC being a decade ago for Minecraft and CoD 4, so I'm just so used to controller at this point (also PS4 controller is the best controller, can't change my mind there).
I've seen people talk about MnK being the superior choice, but I can't tell if they're being serious or if that's just bias. I can play games like Risk of Rain 2 and Minecraft right now on my PS5 with a MnK, but since I'm so new to using them, it's hard to get used to it.

this shit

fuck it
Anyone able to tell me if getting used to keyboard and mouse is worth it? I've been a console user all my life, with the only time I've ever played on a PC being a decade ago for Minecraft and CoD 4, so I'm just so used to controller at this point (also PS4 controller is the best controller, can't change my mind there).
I've seen people talk about MnK being the superior choice, but I can't tell if they're being serious or if that's just bias. I can play games like Risk of Rain 2 and Minecraft right now on my PS5 with a MnK, but since I'm so new to using them, it's hard to get used to it.
Depends on what games are people talking about. For fps yeah, mouse is much better,but I've been a MnK guy all my life and I recognize that some games are just a worst experience without a controller.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
I grew up on consoles myself, I wouldn't worry about it too much on games you've already developed a muscle memory for, especially if it's single player or co-op. You're not speedrunning or whatever, who cares. If the game wasn't set up well for it, though, or you don't care for how it feels stick aiming, consider running that with M/KB.

Games like Resident Evil remakes have decent aiming (even with aim assist off), it had console/controller support in mind, works just fine. I enjoy being able to pick up the controller and how it feels in it. I mainly started playing some FPS games with M/KB when the games themselves didn't have decent control. L4D2's initial PC controller implementation was not great (weird aim acceleration curves), and I started trying to use it on other FPS I played.

I still hate the idea moving my hand for reaching all sorts of hotkeys and switching weapons tbh, I use scroll wheel more often than not.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
An official account for boomer/weeb dungeon crawler series Wizardry has opened, please look forward to how they plan on bringing the brand to relevancy for the "modern day", I know I am

Saturnus

haha it's unou
It's a really great handheld console to hack. Not as good as the Vita, but still nice. There's a lot of gems on the 3DS too which helps with the selling point.
I really liked the GBA vc injects for the 3ds system, pretty much native hardware, I'd share the menu theme I made before, but even mentioning I made one is probably too much PL
I'm not a homebrew tech wizard but; I remember reading somewhere that injected GBA games actually tap into some sort of 3DS backwards compatibility feature (used for when you play DS games) to play GBA games, or something. Must be some sort of carry-over from the DS era, considering the DSi still had GBA backwards compatibility with the GBA. It just lacked the GBA port to actually play games iirc.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
>destiny 2 reworks trials to make them even more AIDS
>decide to try for flawless again, for the fuck of it
>lose at 1/2 wins for about 10 tickets because the team balancer was made by a mongoloid who huffs fermented cat piss in his 7 square meter apartment in downtown seattle
>finally get to 4 wins by absolutely ripping my dick off and playing like my life depends on it, but lose the loss forgiveness
>match 5
>loading in both my teammates have adept weapons and the trials ships
>round 1
>both teammates die instantly
>lose 2 more
>teammates start doing more than 100 damage per round magically
>turn it around
>4-3 for us
>teammates suddenly forget how to play
>enemies win two rounds in a row because they're playing 3 bubble titans with maxed super cooldown and we're not
>the dream is dead

I am going swim across the Adriatic, Mediterranean, out through Gibraltar, across the Atlantic, hop trains across America like a hobo until I get to seattle, crawl the sewers like a fucking Ninja Turtle, climb out of the manhole next to the Bungie office, find the single developer they still have working on PVP, bite his leg, and drag him off into the sewers like a retarded humanoid alligator.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
>destiny 2 reworks trials to make them even more AIDS
>decide to try for flawless again, for the fuck of it
>lose at 1/2 wins for about 10 tickets because the team balancer was made by a mongoloid who huffs fermented cat piss in his 7 square meter apartment in downtown seattle
>finally get to 4 wins by absolutely ripping my dick off and playing like my life depends on it, but lose the loss forgiveness
>match 5
>loading in both my teammates have adept weapons and the trials ships
>round 1
>both teammates die instantly
>lose 2 more
>teammates start doing more than 100 damage per round magically
>turn it around
>4-3 for us
>teammates suddenly forget how to play
>enemies win two rounds in a row because they're playing 3 bubble titans with maxed super cooldown and we're not
>the dream is dead

I am going swim across the Adriatic, Mediterranean, out through Gibraltar, across the Atlantic, hop trains across America like a hobo until I get to seattle, crawl the sewers like a fucking Ninja Turtle, climb out of the manhole next to the Bungie office, find the single developer they still have working on PVP, bite his leg, and drag him off into the sewers like a retarded humanoid alligator.
You should've understood by the fifth ticket it isn't even worth trying. Guess you're one of those indominable human spirit dudes.
PvP is dead in Destiny. There's no way in hell they can make it good again.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I think it's next season where the Mercy cards will start forgiving two losses instead of just one.

I don't play trials for flawless and adept versions, I just grind rep for regular ones.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I think it's next season where the Mercy cards will start forgiving two losses instead of just one.

I don't play trials for flawless and adept versions, I just grind rep for regular ones.
I don't care about the gear really, it's a decent LMG, but I'm swimming in good LMGs, and I already have a good Immortal, I just wanted to do it because I know I'm good enough to. Probably a tinge of masochism, but I've actually been having fun in PVP this season generally.

Turns out, you need to play a billion fucking tickets for the RNG to line up, and the game to gift you teammates who aren't wheelchair bound homonculi. Because almost every match where I had decent teammates, and won, I would get a 2-3K/D, and the ones where I lost but didn't get absolutely greased by people who play PVP 24/7, I'd get at least a 0.8-1.

Doesn't help that Distant Shore sucks fat fucking cocks for zone capture or whatever the fuck the mode is called, because it's all chokepoints, weird inbetween ranges, and one team has to jump to the objective while the other can see it from spawn.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Etrian Odyssey Collection is being released in a bit over a month and I cant shake this feeling of dread.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Etrian Odyssey Collection is being released in a bit over a month and I cant shake this feeling of dread.

Is there really anything different between this and what is already on the 3ds?

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
There's going to be a collab between Destiny 2 and... Arknights!? I have no idea what the collab is going to consist of, but it would be weird if some of Namie's stuff ends up in D2.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Is there really anything different between this and what is already on the 3ds?
"HD" textures and extra sprites, and I say "HD" because they feel... Odd, cant quite put my finger on what it is, but they dont feel HD.

Top Bottom