"I don't think I could play League of Legends because you will get diseases on your brain"Sleepy Project

Vidya Games Thread

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
>destiny 2 drops a race war mode with no SBMM for three weeks
>community has a fucking meltdown because they can't play in the baby leagues if they want event medals
>mfw
1683089624018.png

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
>destiny 2 drops a race war mode with no SBMM for three weeks
>community has a fucking meltdown because they can't play in the baby leagues if they want event medals
>mfw
View attachment 23236
I got an email about that yesterday and had a little laugh to myself. Ain't no way I'm touching that shit again, community events like those are awful I think.
lol on no sbmm.
also I'm now wondering if we ever had a chance encounter in this game in the past. Haven't met a warlock that plays what they're supposed to be: smart.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I got an email about that yesterday and had a little laugh to myself. Ain't no way I'm touching that shit again, community events like those are awful I think.
lol on no sbmm.
also I'm now wondering if we ever had a chance encounter in this game in the past. Haven't met a warlock that plays what they're supposed to be: smart.
I actually used to play nothing but hunter until Solar 3.0 came out and Gunslinger became the most boring shit on Earth to play, and Bungie's reasoning was "Well, the class fantasy for hunters is shooting their gun", y'know, like the other two classes can do as well. So I ended up switching to Warlock because I like explosions.

The only way we probably could've come across each other was if you played with the destinycirclejerk subreddit people before they became offensively unfunny and infested by troons.

But I've been using this emblem for the past four years, and I've only seen it used once or twice by another person, hint hint.
1683258642585.png

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I actually used to play nothing but hunter until Solar 3.0 came out and Gunslinger became the most boring shit on Earth to play, and Bungie's reasoning was "Well, the class fantasy for hunters is shooting their gun", y'know, like the other two classes can do as well. So I ended up switching to Warlock because I like explosions.

The only way we probably could've come across each other was if you played with the destinycirclejerk subreddit people before they became offensively unfunny and infested by troons.

But I've been using this emblem for the past four years, and I've only seen it used once or twice by another person, hint hint.
View attachment 23503
There's no way I can remember if I've seen that emblem before or not, as at this point I have a hard time remembering the emblems I used. Pretty sure it was either the 2019 moments of triumph one or the laser tag one that was from when Lord of Wolves and Prometheus Lens were busted in PvP. But if you're even halfway decent at the game then there's a chance I'd remember you if we met by randomly.
And the same thing happened to me except I went from warlock to hunter after D2 because they replaced sunsinger with dawnblade. I understand why they did it, as the resurrection was busted, but damn was dawnblade a huge let down for me. Well of Radiance didn't scratch that itch either. I think the solar 3.0 gunslinger is alright, but that's mostly because I would run Tommy's Matchbook which works pretty well with some aspects and fragments.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Young Ahamkara's Spine seems like it would solve those problems, plus you can get some nice knives + buffs loops going that feed back into your grenade energy.

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
If I list some of my favourite games would you guys be kind enough to drop me some recommendations? I'm mostly looking for older, lesser known CRPG's at this point but I'll take anything, I've got a long weekend. I'm generally not a fan of meta commentary in games and I like them to have a more serious tone. For example I think Borderlands 1 is much better than the others because the characters are dumb motherfuckers but don't acknowledge it. As soon as someone stops the flow of the narrative to comment on cliches or tropes or make referential jokes I check out, looking at you post-Cataclysm WoW.
And also feel free to make fun of my shit taste
Neverwinter Nights 1+2
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Divinity 1+2
Torchlight 2
Final Fantasy 1,3,4,5,6,9 and 12
Pathfinder: Kingmaker (And Wrath to a lesser extent)
Wasteland 2, 3
Shadowrun Dragonfall/Hong Kong
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (Early 00's goth/urban punk is peak aesthetic)
Deus Ex
XCOM(All of them)
Marathon 1,2
Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach
Sins of a Solar Empire
Odd one out: Sonic 3+Knuckles (I love floating islands, sprawling ruins of forgotten civilisations and crystal lined caves prease understandu)

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
Any reasons Marathon: Infinity and Halo: ODST aren't on the list?
I had a long explanation written out for Marathon Infinity but it was too autistic so I'll boil it down to this: I fucking hate alternate timeline plots. I want a tight-nit, well crafted story, I've never been interested in What-If scenarios and time travelling back on yourself to fix fuck ups is a cop-out. I'm probably just too brainlet to appreciate the scope.
Halo 3: ODST didn't make the cut because it's only set on Earth in New Mombassa. It's a grey/green game set entirely in a grey/green city. I like the visuals of the others more. Especially CE (I know, I know endless grey corridors but outside of those it's gorgeous. Plus I don't like playing as a normal human, ODST or no. I love the idea of long forgotten tech and ancient superweapons and I think that to be the best part of Halo but ODST barely touched on it. Reach really only gets a pass because I liked the gameplay enough to get over my autism for the story inconsistencies. When it first came out I actually didn't like it at all because it completely contradicted some of the major elements of the Fall of Reach novel. John and Cortana were already together, the Pillar of Autumn jumped off before Reach fell and never touched down on the planet, Cortana got the co-ords of Installation 04 from a weird alien artefact etc etc. I could go on.

UberSoldat

If I list some of my favourite games would you guys be kind enough to drop me some recommendations? I'm mostly looking for older, lesser known CRPG's at this point but I'll take anything, I've got a long weekend. I'm generally not a fan of meta commentary in games and I like them to have a more serious tone. For example I think Borderlands 1 is much better than the others because the characters are dumb motherfuckers but don't acknowledge it. As soon as someone stops the flow of the narrative to comment on cliches or tropes or make referential jokes I check out, looking at you post-Cataclysm WoW.
Planescape is a great single-player RPG

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
And also feel free to make fun of my shit taste
Neverwinter Nights 1+2
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Divinity 1+2
Torchlight 2
Final Fantasy 1,3,4,5,6,9 and 12
Pathfinder: Kingmaker (And Wrath to a lesser extent)
Wasteland 2, 3
Shadowrun Dragonfall/Hong Kong
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (Early 00's goth/urban punk is peak aesthetic)
Deus Ex
XCOM(All of them)
Marathon 1,2
Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach
Sins of a Solar Empire
Odd one out: Sonic 3+Knuckles (I love floating islands, sprawling ruins of forgotten civilisations and crystal lined caves prease understandu)
How about Spiderweb Software's series? All are single-player RPGs. Geneforge is more serious, and the first instalment has an island (non-floating), forgotten civilisations and crystal-lined caves. The series as a whole has an interesting magic system, and has political and ethical conflicts which arise from it and aren't just thinly-veiled allusions to real-life conflicts (though parallels can be drawn). Avernum is a more straightforward, morally black and white adventure story, but it also has an interesting world (with crystal-lined caves) and it never mocks itself. I'd probably not start with Avadon and I haven't tried Queen's Wish or Nethergate. The games with the older engines (and thus fewer QoL features) are nearer the bottom.

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
How about Spiderweb Software's series? All are single-player RPGs. Geneforge is more serious, and the first instalment has an island (non-floating), forgotten civilisations and crystal-lined caves. The series as a whole has an interesting magic system, and has political and ethical conflicts which arise from it and aren't just thinly-veiled allusions to real-life conflicts (though parallels can be drawn). Avernum is a more straightforward, morally black and white adventure story, but it also has an interesting world (with crystal-lined caves) and it never mocks itself. I'd probably not start with Avadon and I haven't tried Queen's Wish or Nethergate. The games with the older engines (and thus fewer QoL features) are nearer the bottom.
These look amazing, thank you for the suggestion, I'm 100% trying all of these

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
How's Idol Showdown? Won't be able to try it out until tomorrow.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I have never played fighting gaems before but it runs quite well, the mechanics are really well explained and the singleplayer mode is quite fun if you aren't into FGC autism.

I have seen nothing but praise from people who actually like fighting games and it has Rollback so the general public opinion seems to be muted praise (I think people are having a tougher time accepting this as opposed to something like Holocure which is from a less autistic genre) in the end I think the game will have a small but dedicated fanbase if the devs keep supporting it with updates and if someone commits to organizing tourneys. See you at the EVO bathrooms.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Screenshot_2023-05-07-00-31-34-51_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpgThis has to be a joke review.

Edit: He's not the only one.
Screenshot_2023-05-07-00-33-42-12_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
View attachment 23814This has to be a joke review.

Edit: He's not the only one.
View attachment 23815
Some people are unironically like that, just like everything in 4chan, a lot of people do it ironically and for the laughs but there are always a few tards who are totally serious about it and their spergouts are genuine. I think a lot of people just should not be on 4chan in general and they don't have the mental capacity to differentiate between jokes and reality so they begin to literally live someone else's shitposting.

Negzana

All these memes about Pippa wanting to marry Colress kind of makes me have nostalgia for BW2. I don't want to overwrite my old save file so let me just bu-

Holy Smokes.PNG

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
All these memes about Pippa wanting to marry Colress kind of makes me have nostalgia for BW2. I don't want to overwrite my old save file so let me just bu-

View attachment 23852

If you don't want to write over your old save file, play a ROM on an emulator.

Reactions: Icy

Saturnus

haha it's unou
If you don't want to write over your old save file, play a ROM on an emulator.
If you don't want to emulate and instead want to play on real hardware and have an unpacked 3DS lying around...
(there is no moral reason not to, the eshop is dead and all support and ban waves ended in 2017)
Literally all you need is to hack your 3ds. Get UniversalUpdater (which is more like a homebrew appstore) download TwiLight Menu and the rom of your choosing and you're good to go.
Alternatively if you want your nds games on the home menu NDS forwarder does that job for you.
Also helps if you have a copy already, you can use checkpoint- which is a save backup homebrew app- to backup your current bw2 save to play along with Pippa!
You also have PKSM which is like PKHEX but for the 3ds. It also functions like a (better) Pokémon Bank.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Hell, just buy one if you don't have one lying around. It's way better for emulating ds and 3ds (does it count as emulating if it's on the native system?) games than PC. In my opinion, at least. A 2ds xl only costs like $300, and then you can load it up with gb, gbc, gba, ds, and 3ds games. Just make sure to get a 64gb micro SD and format for a 3ds.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It's a real-ass fighting game. Roster isn't huge, but the characters are really nice and varied, and you can do a lot of wacky combos. Clearly made with a lot of love by people who love fightan and hololive. Controls need a bit to get used to because motion+heavy is an EX attack instead of two buttons, and my brain is too small to get used to having both the easy inputs with the special button and motion inputs at the same time. Some of the motion inputs are whack too, like fireballs/projectiles being on quartercircle back, or Ayame's DP being down down + attack. Botan and Ayame seem a little busted, but that's probably because nobody knows how to fight them yet. The OST is fantastic too. There's some animation scuff, like grabs having a lot of re-used stuff, or Korone's air chainsaw just walking through the air, but at least it's better animated than any Mortal Kombat game :^)

Also has rollback netcode so you can play with your third worlder friends, unlike half of the AAA fightans out there.

Top Bottom