"Oh my god... my legs look so fat"Demondice

Vidya Games Thread

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
My apologies, I should've done my reps more and known there is TWO geezers here who played Elona before. :smugpipi:

But for real there's several good roguelike games out there I enjoyed. Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, Darkest Dungeon, Streets of Rogue is a really fun wacky one especially with friends, FTL, Risk of Rain 2, dwarf fortress if you're AARP qualified :smugpipi: , and etc. It's a pretty diverse genre with something out there you enjoy if you want something to sink into or just dabble a little time in.

I'm just surprised there's more coming. I can't even recount how long I spent on Elona, or C: DDA for that matter. I still have old folders for that going back to 0.A builds sitting in the depths of my drives. I long for any other game that can achieve such autism scratching. Dorf's steam release is a pain in the ass, I get more enjoyment out of Adventure mode than Fortress, not having access to that was a quick refund.

I'm always looking to expand my collection, but I always feel like the roguelike genre gets a lot of misattribution. I want shit like C: DDA, ADOM, TOME, DCSS, Incursion and even Dungeons of Dredmor when I think of roguelikes. Anything that can be quantified as 'Mystery Dungeon' adjacent as well, but instead it's a genre largely tacked onto games with randomized itemization, permadeath mechanics and other roguelite shit that doesn't have the kind of autistic experience I'm looking for. I don't mind action roguelikes or roguelites, but sometimes I just want to strangle a goblin with my thighs while I pull off his ears, and throw coins with enough force to shatter skulls, y'know?

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
My apologies, I should've done my reps more and known there is TWO geezers here who played Elona before. :smugpipi:

But for real there's several good roguelike games out there I enjoyed. Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, Darkest Dungeon, Streets of Rogue is a really fun wacky one especially with friends, FTL, Risk of Rain 2, dwarf fortress if you're AARP qualified :smugpipi: , and etc. It's a pretty diverse genre with something out there you enjoy if you want something to sink into or just dabble a little time in.

another game I recommend if you like Asian mechs is M.A.S.S Builder [Insert pippa mold joke here]

really deep mech customization, from choosing material/color of a piece, Several pieces you can change and customize, decals, addons to give more flair, weapon customization, and a stat system that also affects your gameplay when you do missions. Example of this, is if you don't have a strong chassis and just put heavy pieces on your guys, you're going to feel the effect of the weight during combat.
View attachment 24615
glimpse of the weapon customization too.
View attachment 24616
made the ballistic gun a gatling one with a rod at the end to mimic a big ass suppressor.
View attachment 24618
Currently on SALE too right now!

I was thkinking on getting it, but I've read the parts you need for customization are locked behind some gacha system? And that aside from the builder itself, the rest of the game was sub-par? What are your thoughts on this?
I thought this was something like KSP with mechas but I've seen very mixed opinions.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I was thkinking on getting it, but I've read the parts you need for customization are locked behind some gacha system? And that aside from the builder itself, the rest of the game was sub-par? What are your thoughts on this?
I thought this was something like KSP with mechas but I've seen very mixed opinions.
I don't think it's a gacha system. Cause you get parts and currency from killing enemies and completing missions. No having to buy other parts with real money. Just standard RPG loot system of playing to unlock stuff. get parts from killing enemies instantly or blueprints that you just spend in game currency on that you collect from both killing and completing missions. You still have a lot unlocked at the beginning and no restrictions on colors or detailing on parts. Can even make your own color/material too. Like the Pippa mech I made, I made that specific pink color and I can decide to make it more metallic, glossy, glow, or have camo on it. any other game wouldn't have this much freedom of customization in it without making you pay real life money for stuff or grind into hell time.

Combat is your standard action RPG where you run around and fight with a melee, ballistic, laser, missiles, and drone weapons. Can fly around, different maps like space, aircraft carrier, desert, etc. I will say combat does still need some work but the devlopers have been really timely with giving updates and letting people know where the game is going and stuff. few weeks ago we got new missions with some new areas. they're currently previewing several new enemy types as well to make the enemies more diverse. Also will be adding more weapon styles to certain weapons. such as different stances for spears and swords. dual wielding is already in the game if you wanna duo swords or be a weirdo with two lances.

Overall, yeah I do recommend it and is well worth 20 bucks with the content in the game already and more to come with developers that have been timely with updates since its EA release. Not something I can say with many games these days.

dsdas.pngdadasdas.pngfxcxxcc.pngdawdedasdas.pngdasdasa.pngzcscsz.png

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I fucking knew it.
Confirmed in the first five minutes of the new Zelda game that Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom take place in the downfall timeline. Not explicitly, but the Sealing War is mentioned as a historical event, which was the backstory of A Link to the Past.

I knew it had to, since it's the only timeline that has Lynels. Since they didn't exist during Ocarina of Time or any of the games before them, they have to have been either created by Ganondorf during the Sealing War, created by him while he was sealed in the Dark World, or they were followers of his that were mutated by the Dark World.
Anyway, I've only had time to play about half an hour so far, so I can't really say how good the game is yet.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I HATE TERRARIA CALAMITY REVENGEANCE MASTER FISHRON

why do i keep playing this mod

edit

I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK

FUCK YOU SAKANA I WON I WON I WON

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Wait people care about... zelda lore? Do those people exist?
I shouldn't be surprised but still.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

why do i keep playing this mod

edit

I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK I BEAT THE FISH FUCK

FUCK YOU SAKANA I WON I WON I WON
Why do people even play that bullshit? Are humans just masochists by nature? Honestly relogic should add a mode where you only have 1 health and if you die your computer explodes and kills you, i swear everyone would play it.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Wait people care about... zelda lore? Do those people exist?
I shouldn't be surprised but still.
I mean it's like solving a puzzle except you can sand the edges to make them fit how you like. And we all know who likes playing with puzzles

Edit: To stay on topic I recently bought and "finished"(re: either finished or got bored and gave up) a couple of games. Will probably write a small blurb for them.

Sifu : Really good game. Has high replayability for those that like mastering the fighting/combo system. Now that the DLC Arena mode and Master Difficulty got released the 40$ price tag is definitely justifiable. Not a price/value game for people that complete it once then drop forever.

Jack Move: Big scam game. JRPG system with absolutely no complexity due to only one person in your turn order and you get only one move. Pixel art is good but bad gameplay and meh story made me drop it.

Dave the Diver: After watching my oshi play this I decided to pick it up and it's actually a great relaxing game even though you're supposed to be on an oxygen limit while fishing. Played until the early access content ran out and I'm just waiting for the full release.(Will probably need to wait a while if you want the full game because currently they're on version 0.6) Practically a steal for $20 assuming it'll stay that price.

Dungeon Munchies: This is a weird one to recommend because almost everything about this game is good but the gameplay is braindead. Not to say it's awful but the systems surrounding combat and cooking are 1-dimensional if that makes sense. Fun characters and story. Okay music. Not a bad purchase for 20$

Cook Serve Forever: Bought this on early access day release because I like the Cook Serve Delicious Series. If you like CSD this game might not be for you. It loses the frenetic chaos of CSD for a more "chill" vibe. It's still a decent game with amazing food art and music but I liked that masochistic stress test of rush hour arriving and 10+ custom sushi orders fall in your lap that need to be finished in 2 minutes that CSF removed.

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
So, Overwatch 2 seems to have died today with them canceling PVE mode or whatever.

Has Blizzard had a good hit? Dragon Isles is still doing poorly as people are fed up with WoW after Shadowlands and the trooning. Hearthstone doesn't seem like it's doing particularly great. Their other games are all dead, and the only thing that seems to be getting any kind of hype is Diablo IV but after playing the beta, I can see it being a flop because of all the bullshit padding it has instead of action and some of the problems others raised.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
So, Overwatch 2 seems to have died today with them canceling PVE mode or whatever.

Has Blizzard had a good hit? Dragon Isles is still doing poorly as people are fed up with WoW after Shadowlands and the trooning. Hearthstone doesn't seem like it's doing particularly great. Their other games are all dead, and the only thing that seems to be getting any kind of hype is Diablo IV but after playing the beta, I can see it being a flop because of all the bullshit padding it has instead of action and some of the problems others raised.
Yeah I heard they cancelled the PVE stuff and transitioning the name back to just "Overwatch". So pretty much back to square one with f2p features. I wasn't too big of a fan of Overwatches loot box mechanic, but it's a lot better than getting no cosmetics from playing the game now unless you pay for it.

Activision Blizzard is also taking some heat with walking back on MW2 game being a two year life span game, and is pretty much confirmed to release MW3 this year. Also they been getting flak for COD new season having a premium tier of the Battlepass now. Where you have to pay more money to get all the stuff on the battle pass instead of the standard entry to the battlepass.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Cook Serve Forever: Bought this on early access day release because I like the Cook Serve Delicious Series. If you like CSD this game might not be for you. It loses the frenetic chaos of CSD for a more "chill" vibe. It's still a decent game with amazing food art and music but I liked that masochistic stress test of rush hour arriving and 10+ custom sushi orders fall in your lap that need to be finished in 2 minutes that CSF removed.

What a coincidence, that frenetic pace is what kept me from playing more consistently. I stopped working in a kitchen because it made me want to kill people, I don't need my mental break coming from fucking up some bitch-ass motherfucker weasly ass looking soycuck meal and docking me a single point off the gold because I slipped on the ingredient keys.

RIP Blizzard, you were the gods of my tweens but I hope you fucking burn and die for what you've become.

UberSoldat

RIP Blizzard, you were the gods of my tweens but I hope you fucking burn and die for what you've become.
You can also thank Activision partly for running them into the ground.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

At this point, I'm convinced Blizzard has suffered terminal levels of brain drain within its workforce, and stuff is going to take YEARS to recover (if it ever does). And honestly, I think the only reason it's still coasting in the way it is is thanks to the World of Warcraft money. RIP to one of the Kings of the video game industry.

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Chuuba related since many of them play Uma Musume, the cute horse girl game. They are being sued by Konami. From what I understand it has to deal with the training mechanics being too similar to Konami's Power Pro games, the games that Niji uses for their Koushien Tournament. Good clip of the game in "action".

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Apparently, they are changing the PVE to something else than originally planned, not cancelling it.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Honestly we should have seen some bad news coming. Blizzard announced a bunch of Trans Pride merchandise early yesterday.

This is like the 3rd or 4th time in recent time they've put out some LGBTQ thing hours before some major bad news. I think last time they announced their first 'nonbinery' Overwatch hero?

Also, people have pointed out the pink letters spell out 'liar'.
:whatastory:
Edit:
b8u2g8q26f0b1.jpg

Last edited:

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
As someone who's never cared for 3D Zelda and have wanted more Link to the Past, I've been playing Tunic and creating dungeons in Super Dungeon Maker (basically Mario Maker, but for off brand Zelda). SDM feels more like an early access game with all of it's bugs and it needs way more features, but it's $20 so I'm not going to go crazy, maybe just wait 6 months when it's on sale.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
You can also thank Activision partly for running them into the ground.
It was probably part of it, but I think it's not as big of an issue as people make it out to be. A lot of the dumb shit Blizzard did was on their own.

At this point, I'm convinced Blizzard has suffered terminal levels of brain drain within it's workforce, and stuff is going to take YEARS to recover (if it ever does). And honestly, I think the only reason it's still coasting in the way it is is thanks to the World of Warcraft money. RIP to one of the Kings of the video game industry.
I don't see how they recover as it seems they filled the void with a new breed of degenerate that is exceedingly lazy and the people who are still there from the prior group have all burnt out and simply don't care.

Honestly we should have seen some bad news coming. Blizzard announced a bunch of Trans Pride merchandise early yesterday.
They also paraded out a troon for their Dragon Isles expansion of WoW and the artist who made the new race of dragon twinks was confirmed to be a literal furry artist. No wonder nothing gets done anymore, they're filling their company with the worst kind of people.

If I was Microsoft, I'd probably not want to buy that AIDs filled company at this rate with all of their IP failing.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Top Bottom