"Moco-chan, when we're old puppers, if we saved Nerissa's dentures then that means we could have a piece of Nerissa's teeth in our bodies!"Fuwawa Abyssgard

Vidya Games Thread

chihirogumi

Honestly we should have seen some bad news coming. Blizzard announced a bunch of Trans Pride merchandise early yesterday.

This is like the 3rd or 4th time in recent time they've put out some LGBTQ thing hours before some major bad news. I think last time they announced their first 'nonbinery' Overwatch hero?

Also, people have pointed out the pink letters spell out 'liar'.
:whatastory:
Edit:
View attachment 25722

Speaking of ActiBlizz fucking up Overwatch, gaming "journalist" Jason Schreier is once again running interference for ActiBlizz by comparing the outcry against PvE being cancelled to toddler behavior. He's also saying "please think of the devs!!1" when nobody is actually hating on the worker bee devs that are fucked over by incompetent corporate executives.
This is the same guy that knew about the Blizzard sexual harassment controversy and decided not to report on it to protect his press access to Blizzard. I really despise this condescending weasel.
or4nmv88nl0b1.jpg
gs11tv88nl0b1.jpg
uwr85w88nl0b1.jpg

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Speaking of ActiBlizz fucking up Overwatch, gaming "journalist" Jason Schreier is once again running interference for ActiBlizz by comparing the outcry against PvE being cancelled to toddler behavior. He's also saying "please think of the devs!!1" when nobody is actually hating on the worker bee devs that are fucked over by incompetent corporate executives.
This is the same guy that knew about the Blizzard sexual harassment controversy and decided not to report on it to protect his press access to Blizzard. I really despise this condescending weasel.
or4nmv88nl0b1.jpg
gs11tv88nl0b1.jpg
uwr85w88nl0b1.jpg
I need me an stroke-inducing rage sticker.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
or4nmv88nl0b1.jpg
gs11tv88nl0b1.jpg
uwr85w88nl0b1.jpg
It's truly a shame, because for being a handwringing progressive, he does occasionally do some good work.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
It's truly a shame, because for being a handwringing progressive, he does occasionally do some good work.
his greatest props had to be script leak of "project boston" or whatever before fallout 4 was announced by two years. Of course that blacklisted him from bethesda afterwards.

to be honest he's one of few gaming journalist that has history of doing good journalist work, but gets muddy now with polotics, trying to own some twitter retards, and stubbornness. Yongyea interview is one occasion I remember that.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
I wish cooking proper healing wasn't so much of a concern with Tears of The Kingdom, and enemies can still scale weirdly so you die in 1-2 hits if you aren't careful. I still don't see it as having actual dungeons, probably a symptom of the formula. Oh well :botanshrug: I'm still enjoying the game regardless

God's Strongest Dragoon

or4nmv88nl0b1.jpg
gs11tv88nl0b1.jpg
uwr85w88nl0b1.jpg
I hate that people claim he does "investigative reporting". He just calls for employees of companies to mail him info when they're upset and then he just dumps for them. The guy went full force on defending Epic a few years ago and repeated their talking points about claiming Valve was bad and had set up a monopoly on PC gaming. He then immediately went after Valve for treating their employees poorly around that time when in truth they're one of the best devs to work at. He's the most atypical Kotaku writer you can imagine, he's always been a piece of shit. A true representative of the longnose tribe.

schreier.jpg

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
It's pretty wild that in 2021 women in general, blacks and faggots don't give a rat's ass about learning to code in order to make consumer-grade entertainment. We must clearly do something about this, I'll place it in the national priorities list right under "changing lawn grass species at Forest Glen, Chicago" and "the Dan Quayle tribute monument for excellence".

God's Strongest Dragoon

It's pretty wild that in 2021 women in general, blacks and faggots don't give a rat's ass about learning to code in order to make consumer-grade entertainment. We must clearly do something about this, I'll place it in the national priorities list right under "changing lawn grass species at Forest Glen, Chicago" and "the Dan Quayle tribute monument for excellence".
My favorite part about the "Blizzard Getting Sued" story was the revelation that a lot of the men at the workplace were showing up drunk to work and were just fucking around instead of working. It hit the "eureka" moment for me when I realized that's why all their games recently have been buggy pieces of shit, the men aren't even coding that shit anymore.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Maybe they needed a chaser for all the breast milk shots they were doing. :vomit:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I hate that people claim he does "investigative reporting". He just calls for employees of companies to mail him info when they're upset and then he just dumps for them. The guy went full force on defending Epic a few years ago and repeated their talking points about claiming Valve was bad and had set up a monopoly on PC gaming. He then immediately went after Valve for treating their employees poorly around that time when in truth they're one of the best devs to work at. He's the most atypical Kotaku writer you can imagine, he's always been a piece of shit. A true representative of the longnose tribe.

View attachment 26524

It's because the standards in games journalism are so low that actually bothering to call a laid off employee on the phone is slightly more effort than just writing how the latest Mario game is secretly an endorsement of Donald Trump. Jason Schreier is an awful human being and a blight on the industry, even if he does sometimes get firsthand information. For me the best part of Schreier posting was when he got into it with Zoe Quinn over who the bigger victim of GamerGate was.

Mostly I just ignore him though, since if he posts dirt on a dev it's either political sperging that makes the dev sound based, or actual dirt on a dev I already wrote off years ago because it was already obvious how bad they were.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
If anyone has an unhacked Nintendo 3DS/2DS lying around. I'd advise you to not update. Nintendo just released a patch on a dead console to spite the hacking scene. LMAO.
If you have a flashcart, you're still fine as Ntrboot is unpatchable (hardware exploit iirc).

Last edited:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

God's Strongest Dragoon

And there goes the last bit of credibility that Classic WoW had left. Blizzard, without warning, just introduced the WoW token to Classic WoW today. They only made the blue post about it after the fact and didn't even bother trying to defend it. To make it even more hilarious, the WoW token in Retail/Modern WoW can be turned in for 30 days of game time or $15 of Battle.net balance. However the WoW token in Classic WoW can ONLY be turned in for game time and may not be turned in for Battle.net balance, guess they don't want all those Classic WoW players dumping their gold and buying Diablo 4 using the WoW token. But at least they didn't introduce Random Dungeon Finder for Classic Wrath because "it would ruin the integrity of the game".
The Classic WoW token is currently only up on Wotlk servers but not on Vanilla/Classic era. Just for fun, I checked out the classicwow subreddit just to see how they're reacting to it. The mods have suspended Rule 4 (the rule about not talking about private servers) in response and now all the private servers have started to advertise on that subreddit. The classicwow subreddit is full of room temperature IQ retards but it is THE sub for that entire section of the game and Blizzard has visited it multiple times and they lurk there. All the people that bought gold are coping by saying that everyone did it and the WoW token is a good thing. Meanwhile all the people that didn't buy gold are raging or just casually talking about which private servers are worthwhile. In true redditor fashion, some of them are flipping out over even more stupid shit.
1684889372337.png

As someone that stopped playing Classic WoW a few months ago, I only have one response

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Whatever, game was gonna go to shit if they released Cata classic, anyway. Blizzard was bound to fuck it all up eventually

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Meanwhile all the people that didn't buy gold are raging or just casually talking about which private servers are worthwhile. In true redditor fashion, some of them are flipping out over even more stupid shit.
1684889372337.png
Is there a downside to using a private server though? :mitothink:

God's Strongest Dragoon

weaboos remember the PS2 and Gamecube more fondly due to the obscene amount of shit the japanese put on those by virtue of both being filthy nip consoles
Well you're forgetting a few major points.
>GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas released on the PS2 a full 12, 13, and 8 months ahead of the Xbox releases
>God of War 1 and 2 were some of the best action games ever made
>The PS2 was the de facto best console because it was a DVD player
People can argue about preferences over other console exclusives like Shadow of the Colossus or Halo but that last point can't be overstated and everyone that disregards it can be easily labeled as a retarded zoomer. DVD players were expensive as fuck back then, so getting a game console and a dvd player with one purchase was ridiculous. That DVD player is one of the main reasons why the PS2 absolutely demolished all the other consoles in sales during that gen. It has remained the best selling console of all time at 155 million units while the current "king of console sales" Switch is only at 125 million units despite the fact that the gaming market has exploded in the past 20 years. The only reason the Nintendo DS came close to it is because they released 3 fucking updated variations of the DS over 4 years to count towards the 154 million console sales.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
>play on their server
>fund
Nigga imagine paying for shit on private servers. How retarded do you have to be to p2w on a server that can disappear if the head vodkaYamanba gets mildly upset by a forum post?

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
>play on their server
>fund
Nigga imagine paying for shit on private servers. How retarded do you have to be to p2w on a server that can disappear if the head vodkaYamanba gets mildly upset by a forum post?
Or, the aging server dies without a backup (a la PSO Schtserv being 'maintained' by Chrono)

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
All the people that bought gold are coping by saying that everyone did it and the WoW token is a good thing. Meanwhile all the people that didn't buy gold are raging or just casually talking about which private servers are worthwhile. In true redditor fashion, some of them are flipping out over even more stupid shit.
Reddit and Blizz fanboys inability to read the writing on the wall, even with past examples to directly draw from, is truly amazing at times. "We just don't know how the token affects thing" like lmao. When Diablo 3 released it was with a RMT auction house for items, people said it was a bad idea only to be shouted down, and sure enough it killed the game. Blizzard eventually removed it but - would you believe it - in order to do so they had to completely rebalance the game to account for the auction being gone. Because of course baking financial incentive into a game warps its design.
This isn't 2010, people know how this stuff plays out.
Whatever, game was gonna go to shit if they released Cata classic, anyway. Blizzard was bound to fuck it all up eventually
I dunno, personally I'm convinced that Cataclysm would be received much better a second time around between modern design sensibilities and the shine being took off Wrath for context. Ulduar is feeling a little tired and didn't quite live up to the hype, and now Wrath Classic's playerbase is staring down Trial of the Crusader like a death sentence. Followed by Icecrown Citadel which, while soulful, was yawningly boring and easy mechanics-wise. The Token is a major problem but to be honest I feel Wrath Classic was on its way out anyways as people put the xpac on farm.
Cata on the other hand was much more mechanically engaging, to the point that a lot of its initial reception was defined by the Wrath players who weren't used to just how hard and high Cata's raids/dungeons set the bar. The xpac launch represents a massive glut of content and subsequent patches & raids are all solid to bangers all the way up to Dragon Soul, which even at its worst still isn't ToTC level. Firelands was especially great.
Even Pandaria has its charms honestly if they push it that far, Lord knows I'd pay to redo Throne of Thunder & Green Fire fresh, I think it's only once you hit WoD that Blizz's sharp drop in quality really kicks in.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
PS Showcase in about 10 minutes

Top Bottom