"Everything looks like an adult toy"Kirschey

Vidya Games Thread

chihirogumi

PS Showcase in about 10 minutes

I don't have a PS5 so I'm out of the loop. Are there any rumored games that are expected to be announced? The only thing I heard is that they're going to be "aggressive" on cloud gaming. Whatever that means.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I don't have a PS5 so I'm out of the loop. Are there any rumored games that are expected to be announced? The only thing I heard is that they're going to be "aggressive" on cloud gaming. Whatever that means.
Maybe Bloodborne remake? The only rumor that I have heard about it is that they are remaking it.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Mgs 3 remake was heavily rumored too

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
It's the same winner every year.
Yawn.
maxresdefault3.jpg

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Well, we already got three actual videogames, can't wait for everything else to be a Sony-brand Sony third person walking sim, or some artsy-fartsy jerkoff game.

W E L P

Last edited:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Pretty sure the new Dragon Quest is supposed to be announced soon. Though that's not going to be an exclusive.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
If no Hayter, then no play. That's all I have to say about MGS3 .

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Oh yeah, that Marathon thing, since I know there's a bunch of old farts here, it's a fucking Tarkov clone. You're not getting cool Marathon back.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Somehow, game visuals are stuck in either the bright pastels (the super vibrant blues, purples and pinks) or in full Bloom-era throw back browns and more browns with a hint of yellow. Game visual design is doing this wild cycle at the moment.

Might be the best Ubisoft trailer in a while. Fully outlines what the game is going to be and why you'd want to play it, without being annoying. Ghostrunner 2 I hope does well. FF16 is going to sell a lot of copies. Talos Principle 2 is cool.

BeatSaber licenses a Queen song in a trailer. That's spendy.

Bungie is making a new Marathon game? Wow. That's a shocker.

Oh yeah, that Marathon thing, since I know there's a bunch of old farts here, it's a fucking Tarkov clone. You're not getting cool Marathon back.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that Bungie was even thinking of bringing back Marathon. Mind you, there's no one likely involved that was in the original one. And the original Marathon is more notable for what it set in motion rather than being that well remembered of a game. It's a wild world, though, so it's probably a good spot for something like a Tarkov send up.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I distinctly remember all my favourite games from the original Xbox

like Halo

and Halo 2

and... um...
Fable was pretty good for its time

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I'm just excited for dragon dogma 2 man. First one was a rough gem that had to deal with working on a playstation 3 in its time. Can't wait to see what they can do with the sequel now two generations later.

Not really excited for new final fantasy. I found 15 meh.

I'm not surprised they doing mg3 remake with the push they're making on silent hill too. I wonder what changed konami course, course they make more money on pachinko machines and stuff.

Alan wake 2 looks interesting, I enjoyed the first a lot. Great twin peak vibes. Didn't care for the other remedy games though. Honestly wish we get more twin peak thriller games. We had deadly premonition, which was a clunky funny Japanese game inspired by it.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Fable was pretty good for its time
The Fable series sucked and I'll never forgive games journos for gaslighting me & other people into thinking it didn't.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
As a clinically ill gacha Granblue fan I'm really excited for re:link. I'm hoping the game plays as good as it looks.

I heard good things about FF16 from people playing preview builds. Looks like square is permanently moving the series into full action RPG but something about the setting isn't grabbing me. Which is weird because I loved Bravely Default.

Also praying for Alan Wake II to hit it out of the park.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I distinctly remember all my favourite games from the original Xbox

like Halo

and Halo 2

and... um...
Ninja Gaiden was great.

chihirogumi

• I haven't been excited for Final Fantasy for a long time. I'm cautiously optimistic. The Trails series fills that epic JRPG void for me these days, but I might consider a PS5 for it if the reviews and general reception is positive.
  • FairGame$ looks like a Payday clone that shoved a black woman in the trailer for woke points. If you need a heist game just play Payday or GTA V.
  • Alan Wake 2 looks good, but I played the original game over ten years ago and completely forgot most of the plot.
  • I think Marathon should have been an arcade FPS to compete with Doom Eternal instead of a Tarkov clone. It originally tried to compete with OG Doom and going after Tarkov seems like a cash grab to me.
  • I'm still not interested in VR so pass
  • So is this Metal Gear game a remake of 3? The title says Metal Gear Solid Delta Snake Eater which makes me think they might change story details.
  • Couldn't care less about the fart huffing artsy games.
  • Foamstars is literally a Splatoon clone with Overwatch characters it looks like. Meh.
  • Phantom Blade 0 looks fucking awesome. Best looking game of the show
  • Some of these other games are sequels to games I haven't played so no comment.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The new Marathon project being an extraction shooter has been known for some time.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Well you're forgetting a few major points.
>GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas released on the PS2 a full 12, 13, and 8 months ahead of the Xbox releases
>God of War 1 and 2 were some of the best action games ever made
>The PS2 was the de facto best console because it was a DVD player
People can argue about preferences over other console exclusives like Shadow of the Colossus or Halo but that last point can't be overstated and everyone that disregards it can be easily labeled as a retarded zoomer. DVD players were expensive as fuck back then, so getting a game console and a dvd player with one purchase was ridiculous. That DVD player is one of the main reasons why the PS2 absolutely demolished all the other consoles in sales during that gen. It has remained the best selling console of all time at 155 million units while the current "king of console sales" Switch is only at 125 million units despite the fact that the gaming market has exploded in the past 20 years. The only reason the Nintendo DS came close to it is because they released 3 fucking updated variations of the DS over 4 years to count towards the 154 million console sales.
Are you retarded, I used my xbox original to play the Incredibles movie as a kid. That feature was not exclusive!

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Helldivers 2 was cool.
Talos 2 will surely boost the local economy.
Ghostrunner 2 is a videogame, I liked the first one but didn't love it.
MGS3 Remake/HD Collection 2 Part 1 has me excited.
FFXVI is interesting, especially since the only FF game I gave any of a fuck about was 14, and both Yoshi P and Soken are on 16.
Luv me Marathon, 'ate me Tarkov, everyone involved in this cashgrab of an idea should kill themselves immediately.
Destiny 2 teaser was nice.
Spiderman 3, I sleep.
Phantom Blade 0 was whatever, I feel like I've actually become allergic to generic Chinese mythology bullshit. Especially since every fucking game has to shovel it for CNY events and everything else because they just realized a couple years ago that chinks in the main hive and abroad are a huge market.

akaaoi

Right, the Xbox didn't play DVDs, mm hmm mm hmm
The Xbox didn't come out until over a year after the PS2, and it required a separate IR adaptor be bought to play DVD movies (which the PS2 played out of the box). I definitely remember people buying the PS2 just for the DVD player, DVD players were expensive back then and the PS2 was considered a good price just for that ability, let alone the games.

Are you retarded, I used my xbox original to play the Incredibles movie as a kid. That feature was not exclusive!3
As I wrote above, your parents probably forked out the extra money for the DVD player remote/IR adaptor to make it work, it didn't play DVD movies out of the box without the IR adaptor kit (unless it was modded).

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
As I wrote above, your parents probably forked out the extra money for the DVD player remote/IR adaptor to make it work, it didn't play DVD movies out of the box without the IR adaptor kit (unless it was modded).
I don't think so. When I tried that shit my parents said it wouldn't work and were surprised when it did. They didn't know anything about it.

Top Bottom