"...s-shut up flat-chested bear... shut up flat-chested bear, work on your boobs if anything"Chisaka Airi

TVA Minecraft Server

ioㅤ

Minecraft NPC Homeless One Year Running :(
I have some good news and some bad news for the 3 people who read this thread:

THE GOOD: The server is working as intended and we are hoping for it to go public on friday or the weekend.
THE BAD: The weather mod had to be removed due to bugs, so you guys won't have to worry about tornadoes carrying you away and splatting your body against a tree.
Could you be a dear and give the full list of mods and addons before the server goes up.
It'll make it easier for people to troubleshoot.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Could you be a dear and give the full list of mods and addons before the server goes up.
It'll make it easier for people to troubleshoot.
Edit: removed to not confuse people.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I can already see the server playercount: Me, Proctor, Io (plays in chink hours when nobody else is on, dies because no redstone so no farms).

God's Strongest Dragoon

I can already see the server playercount: Me, Proctor, Io (plays in chink hours when nobody else is on, dies because no redstone so no farms).
Also me (potentially plays for like two dozen hours, digs out a level of the map, builds some aesthetically hideous abomination because I decided to build it on a whim without planning, then fucks off before finishing the abomination)

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Ok you morons, it's time for what none of you have been waiting for:
The Modded TVA Server is Going Live Right Now!

"What is this and why should I care about it"
This is the new TVA modded server that we have been discussing in this thread for a couple of weeks, if you're too lazy to read then just know that it is a modded minekraft server based around Terrafirmacraft, a crazy mod from before you were born that completely changes the vanilla game to be A LOT MORE REALISTIC.

What you can expect from TFC:
  • Completely revamped terrain gen, new types of trees, rocks, animals and biomes all with their own unique resources to collect
  • Completely revamped crafting system, most items require a lot more effort to make
  • Revamped hunger and health system, a single fall could can fracture your blocky bones and leave you stumbling around
  • Completely new progression, you will start in the stone age, scraping by with stone tools and shacks made from thatch, then slowly learn how to fire up some clay pottery, then find metal veins and finally be able to harness the power of electricity
  • Seasons, experience points in different skills like crafting or combat, temperature, thirst, realistic farming and forging and so much more...
If you need more convincing then visit the TFC wiki right here: https://plus.terrafirmacraft.com/Main_Page

What you can expec'nt:
  • The nether and end have been removed along with all of their features
  • No enderpearls, echests, elytra, enchantments, beacons, crystals, shields, totems of undying, diamond tools, golden apples, redstone, farms for every material or scarfing down entire stacks of golden carrots in lieu of a proper nutrition
  • Things will not be easy, you will die A LOT, you will have to play smarter and you will always be collecting resources to stock up for emergencies
If you ain't okay with losing these then this server isn't for you, if it makes you feel better then just pretend this is a completely different game, because it essentially is.

"Okay you've sold me, how do I join this newfangled gay bar of yours?"

1. You will need to DM your username to @The Rrat to be whitelisted
Rat will give you the IP once you do this.

If you already know how to do mods/are not totally tech iliterate then skip to step 4 ->

2. You will need to download forge 1.7.10 here: https://files.minecraftforge.net/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.7.10.html
Download the installer under latest, make sure it is this exact version (1.7.10 - 10.13.4.1614) else it will not work, when it finished downloading run the file, then install in the MC folder you intend to use, if you have multiple installations then you know what to do.
Forge will likely create its own installation if you haven't downloaded forge before and didn't select a folder, if it didn't then you will need to select "installations" in your MC launcher, then go to the instance you want to use, then click the (...), then edit, then change the version to the correct forge. You will know if you fucked it up because the server won't allow you to join.

3. Run forge (load up the game) on the instance you are using if you haven't done it before, forge will create the necessary folders for the next step once you have run it at least once.

4. Install the mods, here you have two options depending on your level of paranoia, you can either A. Quickly download it from a Gofile or B. Download everything yourself if you don't trust files from strangers online

Let's begin with the A route, download the modpack here: https://gofile.io/d/M5mFZ9 If the gofile has expired then DM me and I'll upload it again, once you have downloaded you will be left with two folders, one is the mods folder, and the other will be called "journeymap".
The mods folder can be pasted into whatever folder it is you're using for your installation, normally it will be %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft, if you have several installations then you already know how to do this. If you already have a mods folder then make sure it is empty (apart from client-side mods).

If you are planning to use journeymap then drop the "journeymap" folder into your preferred installation folder as well (not into mods or config), that folder is required so that journeymap doesn't just display a bunch of white shit.

Now if you don't trust the gofile you can manually get all of the mods provided
Serverside:
  • Terrafirmacraft Plus (v. 0.89.1):The flagship mod for the pack, completely overhauls the game in all aspects to make it more challenging and realistic.
    • TFC Additions (v. 1.0.10):Adds more blocks for building and chisels in the style of TFC.
      • CTMLib (v. 1.4.1.5): Connected texture coremod used by TFC additions.
    • Merchants (v. 1.1.7): Adds stalls and coins for player trading in TFC.
    • TFC Cellars (v. 1.2): Adds multiblock cellars for preserving large amounts of food (Food decays in TFC).
    • Primitive Technology Plus (v. 0.3): Adds several weapons and realistic paper processing to TFC.
    • TFCplus Aesthetics (v. 1.6.5): Adds many new plant species to TFC biomes to make them more distinct and interesting.
    • TFCplus Bids and Pieces (v. 0.31.0): Adds tons of changes to TFC, from new blocks to new processes and changes to TFC systems.
  • Immersive Engineering (v. 0.7.7):Realistic tech mod, made even more realistic by how difficult it is to get metal in TFC, added to act as a sort of endgame.
    • Telomerase Addon (v. 1.1.2): Fills in all of the missing spots between TFC and IE to make them fully compatible.
  • Not Enough Items (v. 1.0.5.120):Everyone knows this one, shows crafting recipes.
    • Codechickencore (v. 1.0.7.48): Chickenbones' coremod needed to make NEI work.
    • TFC plus NEI plugin (v. 1.8.0): Adds TFC recipes into NEI.
  • GlibysVC (v. 0.6.2a): Adds ingame proximity voice chat (push-to-talk, can be completely configured and/or disabled if your voice is too ugly) which does indeed work and is hilarious with earrape videos of people screaming.
  • Fastcraft (v. 1.25): Best FPS mod for 1.7.10, added in an attempt to mitigate the lag TFC is known for.
  • BetterFPS (v. 1.0.1): Same deal as Fastcraft.
  • Skinport (v. 10d): Fixes some skin loading issues we had when testing.
Clientside:
  • Better Foliage (v. 2.0.17): Makes leaves look nicer and less blocky, can be toggled on and off to reduce lag.
  • Waila (v. 1.5.10): Tells you wtf the block you're looking at is, very useful in TFC.
  • Journeymap (v. 5.1.4.p6): A minimap with all of the bells and whistles.
WITH THE EXACT VERSIONS LISTED, most of them can be found on curseforge or modrinth, and the TFC addons have links provided on this page: https://plus.terrafirmacraft.com/Addons

Now some of the mods, Better foliage, Waila and Journeymap are clientside, and you can remove them without issue if you want. All of the other mods are mandatory and the server won't allow you to join if you don't have them.

5. Log in and die instantly, good luck.

A BIG thank you to @The Rrat who is graciously hosting the server for us and took time out of his busy? week to test the server with me and allow this silliness, if you have any questions, issues or angry demands then feel free to comment them below.

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
I will play this tomorrow and probably strem it.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Anyone who has access to the old server is automatically whitelisted, FYI. To access the new server, append "t." (Without quotes) to the front of the old server's address and change the port to 25565. Otherwise, I will give the address out to people as they are whitelisted.

I also won't whitelist randos and it will never work with Bedrock.

@The Proctor, please DM me your MC Java account name.

Last edited:

ioㅤ

Now some of the mods, Better foliage, Waila, Journeymap and Skinport are clientside, and you can remove them without issue if you want. All of the other mods are mandatory and the server won't allow you to join if you don't have them.
Fyi skinport is mandatory and the server will not let you connect without it. The other client side mods might also be mandatory but I haven't made confirmation on that.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Fyi skinport is mandatory and the server will not let you connect without it. The other client side mods might also be mandatory but I haven't made confirmation on that.
Ah ok I'll edit my post, the other clientsides definitely aren't mandatory, already checked and the server doesn't even have them loaded anyway. Skinport was a last minute addition that I neglected to test.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Mfw I think I just found Io's little seaside shack just by pure fucking luck while looking for nice places to settle. Don't worry my guy, I didn't steal anything, nice to see you're doing well for yourself.

ioㅤ

just logged in and watched as all my food instantly decay into nothingness.Small tip for everyone take food out of your inventory before logging out as it continues to decay.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
just logged in and watched as all my food instantly decay into nothingness.Small tip for everyone take food out of your inventory before logging out as it continues to decay.
Cook it and then place it into clay pots (the small ones) that stops it from decaying super quickly, but yeah it's an issue.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I'll probably join in for the TFC shit here this weekend. I love TFC and dying instantly because I didn't spawn anywhere near fucking stones or clay.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'll probably join in for the TFC shit here this weekend. I love TFC and dying instantly because I didn't spawn anywhere near fucking stones or clay.
Our spawn is good, asia forest with loads of clay deposits, berry bushes and fruit trees. There's also a massive lake next to it and aurochs/boar spawn frequently nearby.

ioㅤ

@The Rrat @Nenelove currently there is no way to make the tfc copper ingot it always defaults to the immersive engineering version.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
@The Rrat @Nenelove currently there is no way to make the tfc copper ingot it always defaults to the immersive engineering version.
fuck that's gotta be unidict, gonna have to remove it.

@The Rrat I'm gonna need you to remove unidict from the server. As for everyone else if you downloaded the pack already then just delete unidict, the link has been updated with a new pack that doesn't have it.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
fuck that's gotta be unidict, gonna have to remove it.

@The Rrat I'm gonna need you to remove unidict from the server. As for everyone else if you downloaded the pack already then just delete unidict, the link has been updated with a new pack that doesn't have it.
I disabled unidict and rebooted the server. Let me know if anything else comes up.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
@The Rrat Can I please have OP so that I can whitelist people who might want to join during stream?

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Top Bottom