"i will never forgive turtles for taking away the plastic straws out of lolipops"Tenma Maemi

TVA Minecraft Server

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Let's make a terrafirmacraft server :smugpipi: I want to see people suffer while they starve to death or die from hypothermia. It's such a fucking obscure mod though...

That was a joke tbh, what mods would you like @The Rrat ? If you don't know any then you can just mention what kinds of mods like tech, adventure or magic or whatever. I have a pack for 1.12 which I've worked on for a couple of years now but idk if it would be good, it's not totally debugged for one and I doubt it's totally safe.

To this end I'd honestly recommend a pre-made pack, I generally don't play those because of the lack of freedom to add whatever I want and the fact that all of them are 300 mods+ which makes it impossible not to lag.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Honestly, reading about Terrafirmacraft, it sounds interesting, but I doubt a lot of people would be interested in that.

I agree on a modpack. Honestly, anything that makes the game more RPG-like is what interests me. The more like Terraria, the better.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Honestly, reading about Terrafirmacraft, it sounds interesting, but I doubt a lot of people would be interested in that.

I agree on a modpack. Honestly, anything that makes the game more RPG-like is what interests me. The more like Terraria, the better.
I think I found a good one for 1.16, but you will have to let me inspect it a bit first, and have a good long look at the mod list. It seems like it re-adds the caves from 1.18 (there's a mod for that) so technically wouldn't be missing anything from vanilla.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
@The Rrat
Found your mod

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I dislike servers that just dump a buttload of mods on you. All these new materials and mechanics, no way to look them up in a wiki and see what the hell they do. The base game is enough for me, plus maybe some performance or basic quality of life mods.
That's why most modern modpacks include quests that let you learn as you go (or ignore them completely) without having to look up mods which often have little or no documentation. I do agree "everything" packs can be too much, I prefer ones with themes or with an intended gameplay loop instead of just "Here's every mod we could cram into this version without it crapping itself! Good luck!"

There's a lot of balance which goes into modpacks, some mods are very overpowered or outright fucking broken in some aspects, normally modpack makers will spend months tweaking spawning rates, loot tables, crafting recipes, and just mod integration for smoother play, it's whole fucking science at this point if you don't want your experience to feel disjointed and random because you're mashing the work of 200+ people together.

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I know it's an unpopular opinion but I dislike servers that just dump a buttload of mods on you. All these new materials and mechanics, no way to look them up in a wiki and see what the hell they do. The base game is enough for me, plus maybe some performance or basic quality of life mods.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
yeah it's unlikely to work, also consider how few people even played the vanilla version, a modded one would probably put off even more people.
I'd endorse it. I was honestly shocked this one didn't dissolve into eternal savage rivalries and terminal autism. I was thinking of doing it on stream.

Let's make a terrafirmacraft server
I looked this up and from my initial glance, I actually quite like it.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'd endorse it. I was honestly shocked this one didn't dissolve into eternal savage rivalries and terminal autism. I was thinking of doing it on stream.

I looked this up and from my initial glance, I actually quite like it.
The server was fine for a couple months until we got so overpowered that it was essentially creative mode with extra steps, and since the only buildfag was me there wasn't much for people to doand eventually everyone slowly stopped playing. It's not fun to get on and be alone for hours knowing nobody is gonna get on, if it's gonna be like that then why even have multiplayer.

TFC is really fun and I think it gives the game a completely different feel and it fixes a lot of the issues I have with vanilla mc. Namely how easy it is to become overpowered and end up with nothing to do except collect useless shit like rare mobs or blocks. TFC really makes you work for shit, even getting metal tools is an epic struggle of finding ore veins by tracking biomes and types of rocks on the surface and then prospecting in riverbanks and that doesn't even include the whole working the ore into actual usable metal which is another big deal. Imagine valheim in mc.

If you or anyone else wants to try it I recommend TFC+ which is the original version still developed by the original dev (dunk) for 1.7.10 instead of the 1.12 port (remember what I said about Mojang killing mods?) The original is much more expansive and honestly this mod doesn't even benefit from being ported since it completely modifies the game.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
I'll look into spinning up a TFC instance this weekend.

Any recommendation for map size?

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Let's make a terrafirmacraft server :smugpipi: I want to see people suffer while they starve to death or die from hypothermia. It's such a fucking obscure mod though...

That was a joke tbh, what mods would you like @The Rrat ? If you don't know any then you can just mention what kinds of mods like tech, adventure or magic or whatever. I have a pack for 1.12 which I've worked on for a couple of years now but idk if it would be good, it's not totally debugged for one and I doubt it's totally safe.

To this end I'd honestly recommend a pre-made pack, I generally don't play those because of the lack of freedom to add whatever I want and the fact that all of them are 300 mods+ which makes it impossible not to lag.
It ain't modded minecraft with the bros until we are starving in the middle of winter while being seiged by horrific nightmare creatures outside our community thatch hut in terrafirmacraft.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'll look into spinning up a TFC instance this weekend.

Any recommendation for map size?
You going for it? For map I'd recommend something biggish since the mod has a lot of " traveling for resources that literally don't exist for thousands of blocks" though the size of the old server is more than enough, you could honestly halve it and it would be enough, since there's no elytra and anyone travelling will be forced to stop for whatever reason and won't be able to just fuck off like Tako did.

One thing that might be an issue is server time, TFC has seasons and if the server time ticks forward then some naked newbies might spawn in during the winter and it's literally impossible to do anything without already being established.

Here's the wiki for the recommended version, the 1.12 version seems to be in development hell now that I checked on it, TFC was niche way back when it was still relevant, now it seems to have only a tiny core of people who even know it exists.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It ain't modded minecraft with the bros until we are starving in the middle of winter while being seiged by horrific nightmare creatures outside our community thatch hut in terrafirmacraft.
You know what they say... "What happens in the hut, STAYS in the hut" some of us might not make it without huddling real... close to stave off the cold... also yeah someone might have to become food, I ain't eating proctor though.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
I need to make space on the server so I am likely going to delete Dynmap unless people prefer that over Bluemap, by now.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I need to make space on the server so I am likely going to delete Dynmap unless people prefer that over Bluemap, by now.
Dynmap is fucking broken half the time, so no issues.
Honestly to keep things fresh we could change mods every few months, I have a few modpacks I'd like to try out with people if they're willing.

Question @The Rrat are you using just the base mod or did you add any additional QoL mods and stuff? If you need help with that I can probably help.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Dynmap is fucking broken half the time, so no issues.
Honestly to keep things fresh we could change mods every few months, I have a few modpacks I'd like to try out with people if they're willing.
DM me the modpack and I can spin something up to check it out. Otherwise, I was starting to look into TFC+.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
DM me the modpack and I can spin something up to check it out. Otherwise, I was starting to look into TFC+.
I'm bugtesting some of the addons and some QoL like WAILA, NEI and maybe a minimap?

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
I broke the server but was able to unbreak it
:irysthumbsupl:

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Hey guys, I already sent the mods to rat but... I may have found another one I like :Pekora-EVILGRIN:
2023-10-01_23.39.19.png
2023-10-01_23.42.13.png

ioㅤ

Minecraft NPC Homeless One Year Running :(
I'm bugtesting some of the addons and some QoL like WAILA, NEI and maybe a minimap?
Did you check out https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/baseafirmacraft. Its just the tfc+ bundled with the qol mods you mentioned and a few others like a boat improvements and some mouse tweaks. It was what i was using when i was just testing out the mod.

One minor change i would suggest is removing the weakness debuff on respawn as Its really easy to deathlock someone in this mod and the weakness is a huge part of why.
Actually @iioioiiioioioioioioi since you tried it out would you mind telling me if journeymap is broken in that pack? Like everyone shows up as white? If not then I may try to steal whatever tweaks that guy used.

Edit: Oh I see he used some other thing okay I'm testing with that, forget the ping.
basefirmacraft uses an add-on for journey map it's in the miscellaneous section of the wiki add-ons. no clue how other players show up as i was just testing solo.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Did you check out https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/baseafirmacraft. Its just the tfc+ bundled with the qol mods you mentioned and a few others like a boat improvements and some mouse tweaks. It was what i was using when i was just testing out the mod.

One minor change i would suggest is removing the weakness debuff on respawn as Its really easy to deathlock someone in this mod and the weakness is a huge part of why.
It's outdated, also I'm using a lot of addons and a couple other surprises for whoever tries it out. Also betterboat seems pointless since TFC doesn't allow vanilla boats idk, any tweak mods can be added later on without issue.

Actually @iioioiiioioioioioioi since you tried it out would you mind telling me if journeymap is broken in that pack? Like everything shows up as white? If not then I may try to steal whatever tweaks that guy used.

Edit: Oh I see he used some other thing okay I'm testing with that, forget the ping.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I have some good news and some bad news for the 3 people who read this thread:

THE GOOD: The server is working as intended and we are hoping for it to go public on friday or the weekend.
THE BAD: The weather mod had to be removed due to bugs, so you guys won't have to worry about tornadoes carrying you away and splatting your body against a tree.

Top Bottom