"All of my friends say I wear like Grandmacore clothing"S.S. Isa

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

They arent in the list of Sponsors unlike the rest and that made me remember that Sayu is also a Sponsor

Holo isn't a sponsor, they're just an official guest. Aka they didn't pay any money for this.

Also HOLY SHIT I didn't know sayu was that fat, I thought people were lusting over her?
Twitchcon staff immediately comes to mind
yxs515yevld3.webp
>Lv. 23 Banshee
>Lv. 40 Ogre Commander
>Lv. 26 Snake Tamer
>Lv. 67 HOA Board member

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
The entire thing just seems retarded and pointless, especially with the fact a bunch of her fans were saying they weren't going, and that people should boycott offkai.
She also knows that there were a bunch of fans of hers who couldn't afford to pull out with hotels already booked and the like, who could not partake in the Offkai boycott. Thus showing up unofficially is not retarded nor pointless, in addition to the fact it's a massive fuck you to the troon volunteers who certainly are enraged by this. I genuinely don't understand these arguments.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
The entire thing just seems retarded and pointless, especially with the fact a bunch of her fans were saying they weren't going, and that people should boycott offkai. Regardless of all that, I hope offkai dies, I hate con season, I hate missing streams for retarded con shit.
Yeah this is the part that gets me, numerous non vtuber sector orbiters appear after saying they were gonna protest? I guess those troons should be thankful they are getting your money, thats really sticking it to them.

And yeah at least last year I had shit to watch, this year if I wait long enough at least Rie shows up. Everyone else more or less fucked off which is great.

She also knows that there were a bunch of fans of hers who couldn't afford to pull out with hotels already booked and the like, who could not partake in the Offkai boycott. Thus showing up unofficially is not retarded nor pointless, in addition to the fact it's a massive fuck you to the troon volunteers who certainly are enraged by this. I genuienely don't understand these arguments.
When I had to cancel Youmacon it was real easy to get my money back from the hotels.

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
She also knows that there were a bunch of fans of hers who couldn't afford to pull out with hotels already booked and the like, who could not partake in the Offkai boycott. Thus showing up unofficially is not retarded nor pointless, in addition to the fact it's a massive fuck you to the troon volunteers who certainly are enraged by this. I genuinely don't understand these arguments.
Yeah, I'm pretty much here to meet friends. Probably dumb to do it using cons, but it's a good excuse as any to get away from waging.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I guess those troons should be thankful they are getting your money, thats really sticking it to them.
  1. The troons are volunteers who are doing it for free.
  2. The people showing up unofficially like Kirsche are doing so, um, unofficially, and so none of their activity gives Offkai money directly.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Offkai isn't getting a benefit of possible more sales from her being there
They already sold out on tickets before banning her from the panel, so nothing changes.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
So much for sticking it to the vermintide kirshe. Migo me all day but if you're one to be against their bs you wouldn't give the time of day to that event after the shit they pulled on you but alas like all the culture critics she takes the scraps. She's also appearing through a third party right? I hope said third party is aware that they will blacklist them too for allowing le evil nazi on the show.

I hope I'm right and fishman only paid for the artist alley to have the artists good graces when he eventually launches phasecon because lets be real, with the money he burned on this shite he could've rented some mid size venue and put on a better show run by him at this point.
The entire thing just seems retarded and pointless, especially with the fact a bunch of her fans were saying they weren't going, and that people should boycott offkai. Regardless of all that, I hope offkai dies, I hate con season, I hate missing streams for retarded con shit.
The one video thats out there of people attending Kirsche's robot thing seems to be outside, so there are chances that not everyone there went to Offkai, i think at best the helmet guy did since theres a video of him at a pippa meet and greet

Drosselmeyer

Tick Tock Tee
Soy is, for the most part, arguing that Kirsche doing what she is, isn't an own against the con and/or volunteers. Which seeing as she's doing something Offkai said she could do I can see that point of view.
That was clearly not the point being made from what I quoted:
They said she could be there. Whether you believed it or not, their official position was always that she can't do the panel and that's it, right?

Is she banned? If she's there it doesn't look like it.
He is facetiously trying to argue semantics (albeit poorly) to insinuate an inconsistent narrative.

I'm not even a Kirsche simp and rarely watch her, but even I saw her articulate this distinction specifically when it happened. Continuing to be willfully ignorant is not an excuse.

I'm also not sure why this even supposed to be interpreted as an "own." It looks to me, like she's just being snarky and effectively saying, "You said I could attend, so I'll take you up on that and host my own unofficial meet and greet." Which would seem to be pretty in-character for her.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
literally what she is doing by showing up unofficially where they cannot boot her out
nigga that's why they keep winning. You need to cut them off completely. What's the point of making a stink about it if you're gonna cuck and attend to the con anyway. Same shit happened with helldivers and stellar blade, they gave you a shit stained bone and you eat it claiming you won. If anything this makes kirshe look like a spineless bitch honestly.

Salado

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
there are chances that not everyone there went to Offkai, i think at best the helmet guy did since theres a video of him at a pippa meet and greet
It was only announced immediately before it happened. It was for the people who went to Offkai.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Anecdotal but "internal miscommunications" happens to be the exact phrase I use in emails to stand in for "I forgor."
Yup, that's PR speak that can cover anything and confirms only that the problems happened.
Again, intentional sabotage is not exactly off the table or a completely unsubstantiated rumor given we literally know for a fact that this year volunteers successfully blackballed Kirsche and unsuccessfully attempted to give the boot to Pippa last year, for political reasons. Said volunteers then thinking that the next best thing would instead be to fuck with Phase and ruin their events wouldn't be outside the playbook for these kinds of people.
The posts and rrats surrounding the volunteer leak and so on are probably BS but the way cons like this are set up, and with the history of mismanagement Offkai already has, all it would take is just one retard with a chip on their shoulder. Doesn't need to be a grand conspiracy just a moment of short-sightedness from someone in the back that could spiral - and stunning and brave activists are nothing if not bold and spiteful.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Well, they're 11 minutes late for the "Light up the Night" Karaoke concert, let's see if they fuck this up too. Fucking this up would be huge because Kiara and Bao are part of it.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
She's not supposed to be there. This is her highlighting how powerless the woke filth really are and why you should never kowtow to them or let them dictate what you do, even when they try to stop you. It's a fantastic own, and there's nothing they can do about it.
Le Prostate after seeing Kirsche in Offkai:
1717295089800.gif

1717295104279.gif

1717295138745.gif

1717295202492.gif

Kirsche be like:
1717295229076.gif

:killitwithfire:

NGL, this shitshow of a con is GLORIOUS. No way Fishman comes back here next year. We still have Day 2 of this. LFG!!!

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
There's also plenty of overlap of fans between Phase and Kirsche, especially among Pippa fans. No doubt there were going to be plenty of her fans there regardless.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
If only all these issues couldn't have been predicted ahead of time. Oh, wait. The exact same shit happened last year.

Well, this was an absolute tech mess from beginning to end. For the most part, events at least eventually happened, mostly with plenty of scuff and after significant delays. It's actually astounding how much shit went wrong here. They had better work hard to make sure they get shit figured out by the next one.

However, monetary gains/losses aside, I'm sure it was a net positive for everyone involved in terms of exposure and general satisfaction. Not to tribalfag, but I think this is especially true for Phase. They had a massive presence at this con, and it's clear how many people were there for Phase. Scuff aside, all the talents seemed to have enjoyed it, as well as the people actually there. Those of us at home got the worst of the experience.

I'll try to be nice and hope that the Offkai organizers use this as a learning experience and try to work things out better for next time. A few bumps here and there would have been forgivable, but damn near everything had so many problems that they had to even delay their main concert by an hour and a half into the night. Poor Shiina didn't seem like she could catch a break, but she damn well gave it her all. The talents put so much work into their activities here, and since they're the ones bringing the paying customers to drop ridiculous amounts of money, the least Offkai can do is do better next time.

I've already written an essay, so I'll end it with some of my favorite highlights (most will be Phase related because I'm a Phase shill):

• Jelly's, Lisa's, and Nina's performances at the live concert were amazing. I know of Nina, but I don't know much about her, but I know how much this performance meant to Jelly and Lisa, and they did amazing. Lisa couldn't even catch herself from crying during one point in a song. I'm incredibly happy for them.
  • Uruka's performance was also amazing. Probably my favorite, actually. I'm beyond happy for her that it went so well after hearing she was having such a hard time with her throat issues earlier this week that it drove her to tears at the end of one of her streams. Her singing was amazing, and I'm always a fan of her violin performances, so that was great.
  • The robot tours, while scuffed as hell, had some fun moments like Pippa being Pippa and the various vtubers interacting with other vtubers on screens (Pippa and Sleepy, Lia and Katta, etc). I also watched Yuko happily buying a Sleepy print and being excited pointing out Pippa merch while in the robot, which was nice given how good of friends they all are.
  • Lumi being Lumi and talking shit during her karaoke segment in that party room.
  • Airi and Tenma talking shit on the sound guy during the concert for fucking around with the sound during Jelly's performance, even leading to Airi getting chat banned.
In the end, Offkai deserves the criticism on how scuffed it was, but honestly, I did enjoy the stuff I was able to watch for the most part. I just hope they're better prepared next time. *Insert totally original "Thank you for coming to my TedTalk" joke here*

There is no retarded conspiracy. These people are just bumbling morons. What exactly are they spending the sponsorship money on, since they use volunteers as staff? I feel like focusing on people who know what they are doing as staff should have been their first priority, over getting a bunch of unpaid morons.

I am really wondering if people here just totally forgot how much of a shitshow it was last year, because I thought it was pretty obvious that all this was going to happen again.

Fucking this up would be huge because Kiara and Bao are part of it.
Well, if they do, I am sure cranky 5 AM Kiara isn't gonna be very happy.
:youlittleshit:

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
I am really wondering if people here just totally forgot how much of a shitshow is was last year, because I thought it was pretty obvious that all this was going to happen again.
People were optimistic it'd be improved. Which is fair enough, cons always start off fairly garbage. But I thought it was strange how much support OffKai got this year after that performance. Attend for another year, sure, but with this amount of sponsorships?

I figured maybe Fish and other sponsors knew something we didn't that gave them confidence it was fixed.

:optimistic:all round

God's Strongest Dragoon

If only all these issues couldn't have been predicted ahead of time. Oh, wait. The exact same shit happened last year.

There is no retarded conspiracy. These people are just bumbling morons. What exactly are they spending the sponsorship money on, since they use volunteers as staff? I feel like focusing on people who know what they are doing as staff should have been their first priority, over getting a bunch of unpaid morons.

I am really wondering if people here just totally forgot how much of a shitshow it was last year, because I thought it was pretty obvious that all this was going to happen again.

Well, if they do, I am sure cranky 5 AM Kiara isn't gonna be very happy.
:youlittleshit:
I'd argue that this is actually worse than last year because some of the events actually happened. Meanwhile this year, shit is just fucked all around and this is their second year the venue, so inexperience is no excuse.

Top Bottom