Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Me when I use other people's graduations for my daily reddit shill post:
leech.png

TwoBit

Early Adopter
Damn, I didn't expect to wake up to this. Now I'd like to go back to sleep and start over again. Just gotta remember the good times. Man, Vesper and Magni's interactions with the few girls they did collab with will always be hilarious to me. It sucks we won't get to see that happen again. At the very least, I hope Randon starts streaming again at some point because I'd very much give him a follow if he does. Other than Bettel though, I really have no interest in the other stars unfortunately. So this is it I guess.

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
Well I only know as much as anyone else.

I don't have any reason to think one party is in the wrong or right. When Yugo graduated, the first thing they did as U-san was apologise and said they fucked up. Me offering the possibility that there was an internal issue doesn't mean I think Cover were being unreasonable. Quite the opposite, in fact: much like Anycolor showed respect to Yugo by not making a move that would blacklist them from the industry, showing respect to the pillars of Tempus by offering them a 'clean' exit is ultimately a good thing for everyone. Japanese corporations do tend to make the lives of employees they want out untenable until they opt to leave themselves. This is well-documented, but I don't think that's what's happened here. I don't think Cover have played hardball on contract terms and I don't think Magni and Ves suddenly developed a Homelander complex in getting better terms.

The only way you could sell me on contract negotiations, though, is if i was to believe that July 10 was when they would have otherwise announced their graduation for August 31, but were instead instructed to go into a hiatus so as not to spoil the atmosphere around EN3. It still doesn't really explain why there's no graduation stream, though. A week is plenty of time to make a thumbnail. I don't think their contract expired and they spent a subsequent 2 months trying to get them to re-sign. Internal deadlines and protocols certainly should be in place to tell them that if they don't sign by X date then they will graduate at Y date (like Nina and Mysta). If their contract is already expired then the August 31 date doesn't make any sense either.

It's very messy but may very well have been the best course both parties could've taken.
I like your thought. Now that you say it, it's obvious Cover wouldn't want to announce a graduation notice a week before the big launch of EN3, with two graduation streams around the debuts. It does make sense if they quit more than a month ago that they wouldn't have a graduation stream, because Cover would've dragged this too long, and I doubt they'd be in the mood after a month+ of being done.

The biggest question comes from how unexpected the graduation is, not only did they just receive a makeover but they had stuff planned for the week. What reason would be enough that they both want to part ways so fast? Cover didn't throw them under the bus, so it'd be weird if they were guilty of anything bad. That's why I lean on last minute additions to contract negotiations, maybe brought about by the Tachibana situation.

It's true that with the EN3 debut, the timeline is very messy.

But it does make wonder about, what if their activities were "suspended" for investigation about the Tachibana leak, they become disgruntled because Cover arbitrarily, with no trust in the two, without regard for their plans decides they're not allowed to stream for a week or more. They then decide to quit, Cover tells them they can't announce graduation because EN3 is debuting soon/just debuted. And after a while, it's been so long it doesn't make sense to have a graduation stream anymore.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
I like your thought. Now that you say it, it's obvious Cover wouldn't want to announce a graduation notice a week before the big launch of EN3, with two graduation streams around the debuts. It does make sense if they quit more than a month ago that they wouldn't have a graduation stream, because Cover would've dragged this too long, and I doubt they'd be in the mood after a month+ of being done.
That actually would've been perfect for Cover. Advent would've buried the homonews. You are into super cope territory if you think bad Tempus news would've affected the launch of EN3

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

The biggest question comes from how unexpected the graduation is, not only did they just receive a makeover but they had stuff planned for the week. What reason would be enough that they both want to part ways so fast? Cover didn't throw them under the bus, so it'd be weird if they were guilty of anything bad. That's why I lean on last minute additions to contract negotiations, maybe brought about by the Tachibana situation.

It's true that with the EN3 debut, the timeline is very messy.

But it does make wonder about, what if their activities were "suspended" for investigation about the Tachibana leak, they become disgruntled because Cover arbitrarily, with no trust in the two, without regard for their plans decides they're not allowed to stream for a week or more. They then decide to quit, Cover tells them they can't announce graduation because EN3 is debuting soon/just debuted. And after a while, it's been so long it doesn't make sense to have a graduation stream anymore.
your supposed to starve Rrats not grow them.

now we have RrOUS's running around

Kazuma

Early Adopter

dragoonkain3

tbh I've sorta fallen out of love with grandpa, especially after his disastrous Japan trip where iirc he forgot his meds, couldn't do anything or collab with anyone, and had to come home in shame. He revealed an unreliable personality that turned me off. He was still funny af during collabs and worked great with Magni as a duo during Cali and Kroni collabs.

Magni's graduation hurts though Betel is sorta a less gay and more unhinged replacement. His recent "surviving Aug 19" schtick was pretty good. Guess we'll see if any of the other boys can step up and be the face of Holostars EN with the two former money-makers gone. Betel is probably one, might need a third Homostars gen to inject some fresh blood and positive "vibes."
I think that's exactly how I feel. I'm pretty sure I watched more of Vesper's content than Sana's (due to the virtue that Vesper streamed more and I watch ~85% of both their content), and I felt more emotional at hearing Sana's graduation than I did with Vesper. Something about NOTHING materializing from Vesper's trip to Japan apart from a few Axel streams just didn't sit well with me, as plenty of talents went to JP and still were able to stream. Like sure, Vesper made good more or less on his promise to stream every day for the rest of this year... actually, maybe that's the reason why this didn't blindside me as much, as an extended hiatus from someone who was keeping his promise so far meant something serious was up.

As for Magni, his streams were just too late for me to reliably watch, and even if I had the time to watch late into the night, he overlapped with Mumei/Irys (my #2/3). I'm also not surprised with Magni graduating, as he was by far the most successful of the boys with their PLs, and being Magni is just a slight upgrade at best.

In any case, I personally do think it was a contract issue - but unlike most people here, I think it's about Vesper/Magni having more freedom to stream what content they want to stream. IIRC Magni said that the reason why Judge Magni never got a second episode is because management banned it, and goodness knows how many times Vesper said that he had a lot of bit stream ideas but every last one of them got shot down. And with both of these being creative types (Magni with his skits and Vesper saying the vtubing is his creative outlet) and Cover not letting up on their restrictions, both of them quit (ie. graduated) but didn't leave on good enough terms to do a graduation stream.

As for the next one, Bettel may be next as he is close IRL with Magni. But I'm not sure his PL is as successful as his current persona, plus with his content not being as far out there as Magni/Vesper's was, there's still a good chance of him staying.

Biskuit Regal

Early Adopter
Here's my take: the Tachibana leak started the hiatus. The long-ass time for a resolution blindsided Magni and Vesper. Looking at what happened to Roa, japanese law is fucked up. With this being an international case, Magni and Vesper couldn't really afford to not stream for a long ass time so they decided to just fuck off and graduate and let Cover handle the case.

Remember, just my RRAT.
This is my position about the situation as well
The Tachibana thing HAS to be bigger than people thought since he and Magni were close

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
That actually would've been perfect for Cover. Advent would've buried the homonews. You are into super cope territory if you think bad Tempus news would've affected the launch of EN3
There is audience overlap, you want people to "grieve" the graduation, and be happy at the debuts at the same time. It doesn't matter that Tempus is comparatively small, it's just like when an actor dies, people who tangentially heard of them are also supposed to be sad. The talents too, some of them knew the boys. Now imagine in a random Kiara stream, she's supposed to be excited about the debuts and interacting with the new girls, but every two minutes there's someone asking about what happened with the boys' graduations. What a tonal whiplash.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
Hasn't that been the precedent in the past though? They do the graduations, then launch the new gen?
In any case, I personally do think it was a contract issue - but unlike most people here, I think it's about Vesper/Magni having more freedom to stream what content they want to stream. IIRC Magni said that the reason why Judge Magni never got a second episode is because management banned it, and goodness knows how many times Vesper said that he had a lot of bit stream ideas but every last one of them got shot down. And with both of these being creative types (Magni with his skits and Vesper saying the vtubing is his creative outlet) and Cover not letting up on their restrictions, both of them quit (ie. graduated) but didn't leave on good enough terms to do a graduation stream.
Honestly, I could see a lot of the theories posted here being part of the truth. The "leaving without a graduation stream" thing seems like a protest, so maybe they got fed up with arbitrary rules/stupid management things overall and this contract issue was the last straw?

Moff Albert

The Brown Hornet is my oshi
Calli's Husband
ryangoslingbladerunner2049scream.mp4

I knew it was coming, but it still hurts. My dream of further Barbie watchalongs with Bettel are crushed.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
giphy.gif

Vesper and Magni were the reason why so many people gravitate towards Holostars En. Hell, it's the reason why I enjoyed Holostars En. Has been there any conclusion as to why they're graduating?

Really sucks for Vesper because it felt like he finally got his dream job. It does make me wonder if they did something fuck up on their end though.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I have 8 pages to catch up on, but I'm going to preemptively type
FUCK.
I sorta figured cause it was taking ages but goddamn it. Bettel and Shinri are pretty alright but man. These two were the fellas.
Sucks but at least the saga is done. Honestly not as sad as I expected to be. I guess all the joke copes made the whole situation just seem likely a given.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The Tachibana thing HAS to be bigger than people thought since he and Magni were close
Wait, they were? This is my first time hearing that they were actually close.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Oh i forgot,dont go to the Unicorn victory parades....there will be dozens of that

Horo7618

No one in particular

cucurut

Here's why I believe this theory, which to me has two versions :

-Cover and the boys dragged their feet regarding negotiations, and neither side ended up budging, the contract then lapsed, making it impossible for Magni and Vesper to stream. Knowing the pressure will increase on Cover with passing time, by the fans eager to see their favourite Vtuber return. Cover didn't want to cede to this kind of tactic so they held strong, and the negotiations broke down.

-Cover and the boys didn't talk in depth about the new contract so when it came time for the boys to sign, they were surprised by some added terms to the contract. Or they told Cover in advance they didn't want a certain part in the contract, which they didn't amend in a way they found satisfactory. This led to a stalemate, contract lapsed, etc ...
I thought exactly the same. I'm near certain, at least first part of, 1) is what happened.

The only way you could sell me on contract negotiations, though, is if i was to believe that July 10 was when they would have otherwise announced their graduation for August 31, but were instead instructed to go into a hiatus so as not to spoil the atmosphere around EN3. It still doesn't really explain why there's no graduation stream, though. A week is plenty of time to make a thumbnail. I don't think their contract expired and they spent a subsequent 2 months trying to get them to re-sign. Internal deadlines and protocols certainly should be in place to tell them that if they don't sign by X date then they will graduate at Y date (like Nina and Mysta). If their contract is already expired then the August 31 date doesn't make any sense either.

It's very messy but may very well have been the best course both parties could've taken.
Thats how I see it too. The lack of a proper graduation is a tell that at least one of the parties had a "Fuck it I'm gone/you are gone" attitude. Even if there were contract disagreements, once the graduation was decided(Which definitely was a while ago) they could've agreed to do a proper last stream.
I think you get the dates wrong. Let's look at them from Vesper wiki:
The existence of HOLOSTARS English -TEMPUS- was first teased by hololive's Japanese Twitter account on 14 July 2022, with the launch of the TEMPUS website.[2]
On 17 July 2022, hololive English Twitter account revealed various details regarding TEMPUS including their social media accounts and debut dates.[4] Vesper made his first tweet on this date and a small teaser video was uploaded on his YouTube channel. His YouTube channel was created on 13 June 2022.[5][6]
On 23 July 2022, Vesper debuted on YouTube.[7]
Created on June 13th, teased on July 14th, announced on July 17th, and debuted on July 23rd. My best guess would be that the contract was signed around April and stipulated that streaming would begin on July X for a year. The last Vesper activity? July 6, 2023. Contact expiration as a result of dragging the feet simply lines up. They were not given 2 months to resign, there was simply no contract anymore. In this case, how do you organize the graduation stream? A new contract would have to be signed just for it. Bothersome. If they did not want to sign anything new and have graduation stream, they would have to signal it to management at the latest by the beginning of June. August 31 is not result of deadline nor contracts cause, it's simply when they decided to end the state of limbo.
Internal deadlines and protocols certainly should be in place
"should" is correct, but exit clauses are commonly overlooked. And if anything the protocol could have very well be losing credentials in July.

Why stop their activities for 7 weeks when their contract is still active?
Because it's not active. Both sides wanted to continue, but couldn't agree on mutually acceptable terms so it has lapsed (and they lost credentials) while negotiation continued in the background.

4146908871_942e7429ce_b.jpg

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Oh i forgot,dont go to the Unicorn victory parades....there will be dozens of that
Honestly the think that angers me the most is that the Starst that interacted the most with the girls are now gone.So these niggas will just feel validated.In the Sea of people feeling sad or angry,people blaming Cover there will be a group of people that celebrate their departure.

:(

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Not even having a farewell text message (so far) by them and posted to twitter by management is odd imo.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Honestly the think that angers me the most is that the Starst that interacted the most with the girls are now gone.So these niggas will just feel validated.In the Sea of people feeling sad or angry,people blaming Cover there will be a group of people that celebrate their departure.
That's exactly how I feel, unfortunately. Part of the reason why I am staying here instead of venturing offsite. Seeing those posts will just raise my blood pressure. Chilling watching IRyS karaoke is much better.

Top Bottom