"what delicious feces this is, and it's actually"IRyS

The Graduation of Magni Dezmond and Vesper Noir - WE'RE SO BACK ORC BROS

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
And then the Tachibana thing happened and the two were forced into hiatus, eliminating any of their advantages in the negotiation
Tachibana thing was probably totally unrelated, honestly. Unless they both had something in the works, but were told to scrap it because they were dropping Tachibana. I don't think Vesper or Magni would quit because of that, but who knows.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Tachibana thing was probably totally unrelated, honestly. Unless they both had something in the works, but were told to scrap it because they were dropping Tachibana. I don't think Vesper or Magni would quit because of that, but who knows.
I could see Vesper going nuts over wasting a couple of grand. I could see him going nuts for a lot of things. So, you never know until they tell us.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

:depressedtako:

Debut:Aug 14 of 2019
Stoped streaming for 3 months then "graduation" on March 6 of 2020
Debut: Apr 29 of 2020
" ended" his contract with Cover Corp. as of July 28, 2020
Debut:Ju
ne 9 of 2019
Graduation:November 30 of 2020
All of these seems weird just like the ones that are coming now.Also all of these dont have graduation streams.
Male vtubers are like second class citizens at this point, it'd almost be funny if it wasn't directly at the expense of good entertainers

the red road

Yeah I definitely saw Vesper graduating it was Magni that blindsided me honestly

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

Nothing here

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
L Rip the only male Vtubers I watched

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
What a horrible day to be alive. Magni and Ves were personally two of my favorite talents in the company. The lack of closure too, is disheartening

UberSoldat

Guess we should keep an eye on Randon's socials now

Sporg

I would assume that Tachibana was the reason for the initial hiatus, since it doesn't make much sense that normal ongoing contract negotiations would cause Cover to suddenly tell them to stop streaming effective immediately, despite having schedules announced.

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
Just as a two cents from someone who has witnessed their fair share of graduations recently, this statement reads a lot more like Yugo's situation than a simple contract renewal breakdown.

Nina and Mysta have both let their contracts run out and both of them were given ample time to announce their graduation and then have a final victory lap before they left. Ex-ID had graduation announcements for people that don't graduate until the end of October that are still active. Yugo, on the other hand, went missing for two weeks and was graduated after mutual agreement. Not terminated. Termination implies a company-initiated closure of a contract, whereas mutual graduation is similar to letting an employee hand in their letter of resignation so that they aren't stained by being fired outright.

Not allowing Magni and Ves to stream for 7 weeks before 'graduating' them with no graduation stream says to me that Cover probably wanted them out, but allowed them to get the ball rolling on a graduation/resignation behind the scenes so they didn't have to be forced out. Vtubers negotiate contracts all of the time but don't have their activities suspended until pen is put to paper, and 'honoring their wishes to graduate' doesn't mean there was no pressure to leave.

My opinion only has as much weight as anyone else's, but that's my take. They graduated because they had to.
I don't deny this possibility in my personal theory. But to me, it still involves a contract, hence them going on hiatus, because they can't stream without a contract, whereas Mysta and Nina knew they were graduating in advance, not trying to last minute re-negotiate.
It's also a surprise to the rest of the boys, so to me it still makes sense they believed they would come back, just that the re-negotiation was taking a long time.
But tying it back to your theory; it's possible that Cover wanted them out, so they imposed stupidly high demands on the boys by contract, so they walked when they saw Cover wouldn't budge. (But then, why would Cover pay tens of thousands of dollars to buy Vesper a new model and give Magni a 2.0)

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Male vtubers are like second class citizens at this point
*In Holo
Niji males are actually bigger than the females, in most cases.

Also, Cover just gave them both an entirely new model and a big brush up for the other. The idea that they "wanted them out" is quite frankly stupid.

Brapfiend

Yeah, Vesper was literally the only dude Vtuber I watched. I'll miss the weird bastard. Threw a sub at Randon in the hope he at least comes back to Orc it up.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
If Stars JP can still exist i think this is a bad take.
At this point HoloStarsEN is dead in the water. Coco's, Calli's, and omega's pet project has pretty much blown-up in their faces to a point that there is no recovery and only death is waiting for the branch.

I just feel sorry for all the boys who got drag into this mess.
They have the ability to bounce back from this if they want to, it depends on how they're going to handle things from now on
If fans support means nothing, HolostarsJP would've ceased to exist after its first year.

Support the boys while you still can bros

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
*In Holo
Niji males are actually bigger than the females, in most cases.
Right, so male vtubers are like second class citizens *unless they sell their soul to the devil

The Rrat

Early Adopter
They have the ability to bounce back from this if they want to, it depends on how they're going to handle things from now on
If fans support means nothing, HolostarsJP would've ceased to exist after its first year.

It'll be interesting to see what Bettel does come time for his contract. He is very close to Magni, after all.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Being serious a moment, I could very much see Vesper having his 2.0 debut and really wrecking his head. And he basically just up and quit. Aside from his conflicts with management, he might have gotten a serious case of Imposter Syndrome, like Nina.
People are really hungry to put the blame on Cover somehow doing something wrong and forget this is the man that traveled to Japan and then traveled back because he got too anxious.

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt
Normiespace seems to be focusing a lot on Pako in particular instead of talking about Magni and Vesper themselves, interestingly.

Regardless of what happened though, this is a huge hit to StarsEN and while I'm certain the branch can survive this (don't make me eat my words Cover is2g) they aren't going to be the same without those two.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
(But then, why would Cover pay tens of thousands of dollars to buy Vesper a new model and give Magni a 2.0)
You are asking this to Nijisanji fans.They are used to this.

Gibara Fan

Babutaro(Gibara) Love

I do hope they do bounce back from losing their 2 most popular talents.

I'm just being a realist about the situation(though a bit doomy about it)

Top Bottom