"Can Native Americans double jump?"Sawa Sama
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

The Graduation of Magni Dezmond and Vesper Noir - WE'RE SO BACK ORC BROS

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
They never streamed the off-collab. Based on Vesper's schedule, he was supposed to do a morning zatsu and then travel to meet Magni. He missed the zatsu and they both missed the off-collab stream, even though Lando was on Twitter. In the OP, there's a timeline of their activity before their disappearance was announced.
:yagoocry: That was my rrat but.. I don't want to believe he's unalived himself, or worst, getting terminated. Vesper is like the one reason I enjoy the men at all.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Catastrophic failure (e.g. accidental deletion of the new models)
- Points in favour:
-- Affects both Vesper and Magni.
-- May take a long time to resolve.
- Points against:
-- Doesn't fit Altare's comment about privacy.
Also does not really prevent them from streaming. They don't have to use their models, they could use PNGs.

They never streamed the off-collab. Based on Vesper's schedule, he was supposed to do a morning zatsu and then travel to meet Magni. He missed the zatsu and they both missed the off-collab stream, even though Lando was on Twitter that day. In the OP, there's a timeline of their activity before Cover announced the stop.
I thought we didn't even know if it was supposed to be an offcollab or not to begin with.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
I thought we didn't even know if it was supposed to be an offcollab or not to begin with.
That is true. I didn't see any indication that it was an off-collab, and they were supposed to draw, which they could have done online. Someone also said that it was a long way for Vesper to travel if he had a stream in the morning, but I think it was still doable. But maybe someone heard them say it would be an off-collab, or maybe we assumed it because of AX.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
They don't have to use their models, they could use PNGs.

Massively doubt a Japanese company would allow that. Cover feels like the type that would really hate to admit something like that happened. In basically every case of somebody fucking up behind the scenes, they've been incredibly stoic and silent about it until it was absolutely impossible to ignore.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
-- Should have been resolved by now, barring incompetence with remote lockout and backup systems (which admittedly is very possible).
dude never underestimate how stupid japanese companies trend to be, they solve every problem by filling it with red tape and hope for the best

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
:yagoocry: That was my rrat but.. I don't want to believe he's unalived himself, or worst, getting terminated.
Not sure if nuts or Harry Potter fan.

Shuba Edit: Hermione has a well known part where she says "We could be killed, or worse, expelled!" giving the reader a chuckle. The quoted post above has those same vibes with its "He might have killed himself, or worse, been terminated!"

Did your parents never read kids' stories for or with you?

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
70% I do feel this is a kind of stealth suspension or a very long-running investigation of some sort, but if I were to indulge in my personal rrats...

Completely making up connections between potentially unrelated events:
We know there have been changes in EN management lately, implied to be someone getting canned and a lot of restructuring. We also know that Axel said his manager was promoted. Vesper being locked out of his accounts and not knowing why just before this break was incredibly suspicious. My thought to weave these into a common thread: A manager with full access to Vesper's and Magni's accounts was canned, maybe their personal manager, maybe someone higher up. This person did not go quietly, prompting either Cover or that manager to use the lock out logins feature. Cover is attempt to recover accounts, but complicating the issue might be that this individual created at least some of the accounts, or might retain some sort of access if they do a reset, so it would be difficult to prove Cover is the one who should own them. That or they are investigating that person's interactions due to some kind of misconduct. It's possible there are grey areas involving the talents too, for example something prompted by the fired individual but that Ves or Magni should have known not to do.

In such a case you can't really announce a suspension/hiatus because it's not the talent's direct fault, and you don't want to air dirty laundry by announcing technical difficulties or revealing company internals. The suspicious part is how long it's taking, but let's be real: a suspension would be over by now, a straightforward investigation only took them a week in the case of Rushia, tech issues should be resolved, equipment issues or theft should be resolved, an accident doesn't explain Magni, contract problems shouldn't have been so sudden.

I definitely think a break this long while Magni is busy appearing as his roommate has to involve some sort of grey area where there's no obvious immediate solution or no obvious right and wrong. It's not beneficial for Cover in the least to leave them on break for this long unless there's actual risk if they were active.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Crossposting: Lando streamed on his own channel on 7 August.

Other than small talk at the start about how "it's been a while" and "after not streaming for a month", he seemed relaxed, showing off his cat, rambling and ranting about Pikmin and Nintendo and the theatre incident he tweeted about, etc. He intends to stream every day until his birthday on the 10th. Not-Bettel joined him on camera at around 1 hour 6 minutes. He apparently did a bit with not-Bettel about needing money, but I don't know if there are any allusions at all to the current situation. I haven't watched the whole thing.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Updated the main post with information about Tachibana music NDA break drama, since I think it is the most viable rrat at the moment.

EndlessLurker

Last night just before Lando started to play "pillmen" he said he had an early morning meeting with some people and couldn't just go to back to bed afterwards. I hope cover doesn't ruin his birthday with a bad announcement on the 10th.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Last night just before Lando started to play "pillmen" he said he had an early morning meeting with some people and couldn't just go to back to bed afterwards. I hope cover doesn't ruin his birthday with a bad announcement on the 10th.
Clip? Come on you just cant say something so important without one.

Zapan1984

Negzana

Rrat: They plan on delaying the termination announcement until when Haachama return. Source: I miss Chammers

EndlessLurker

Clip? Come on you just cant say something so important without one.
It seemed pretty important so thats why I was surprised no one had said anything about it. I had to make an account quickly before heading out to work and I didn't have time to link the time of the vod. I've just been a lurker here and on the homeland.

Piarro

Early Adopter
:Fauna-AKSHUALLY:
The Tachibana theory seems plausible, but it's kind of too good to be true, right? "Don't worry everyone, Magni and Vesper totally did nothing wrong and they're just suspended for a month because of something that other guy did! They'll be back" I mean narratively, this is the red herring. It's too easy. I know in my heart that there has to be a crazier explanation than that. What did they do... :gurastress:

Kalion

:)
Magni and Vesper totally did nothing wrong and they're just suspended for a month because of something that other guy did!
The thing that gives me hope with this? Rushia.
I could totally see Cover getting tipped off about some contractor leaking things, knowing that Magni and Vesper had a lot of contact with him, and pulling access to their accounts ASAP fearing they'd do the same thing Rushia did and start leaking even more shit after finding out she was getting investigated.
The hole in this is that Bettel had contact with him too. But maybe they quickly looked into Bettel and found out he only had a brief "Yeah get to work on this thanks man" interaction and there wasn't anything else to look at.
As for why it's taking so long, who knows. Maybe the boys need briefed on legal shit (Do NOT talk about this, this, or this with ANYONE) before they can come back.
:takocope:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
:Fauna-AKSHUALLY:
The Tachibana theory seems plausible, but it's kind of too good to be true, right? "Don't worry everyone, Magni and Vesper totally did nothing wrong and they're just suspended for a month because of something that other guy did! They'll be back" I mean narratively, this is the red herring. It's too easy. I know in my heart that there has to be a crazier explanation than that. What did they do... :gurastress:
Whatever is happening is outside the realm of the norm when it comes to suspensions for Hololive. Unless they were really spending a whole month to investigate potential wrongdoings by Vesper and Magni before deciding on taking actions against them, the wording of the original announcement doesn't even imply it had anything to do with a punitive suspension, just that their activities were "stopping for a while".

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Whatever is happening is outside the realm of the norm when it comes to suspensions for Hololive.

Hmm, that's an interesting way to put it. I think it's safe to assume this isn't a suspension at this point, but if they intend to fire these boys, I guess there comes a point where it takes more effort to keep them on than to just announce their deaths. So in a weird way, maybe the longer that we're all kept in the dark about this, the better the prospects are for Magni and Ves to come back at some point.

Did I just say something slightly optimistic about this situation?!

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Personally I think Vesper killed a man and Magni hid the body.

The longer this goes on the more I've gone from thinking the Holo PR guys are fucking retards for being vague to genuinely pitying them, -something- has obviously happened where it'd be unwise to talk about it publicly. Legal issues with the leaker dude's probably the most likely rrat now as it'd explain the silence, people involved in civil cases are often advised not to comment on the situation as they could accidentally give the opposition ammunition in court by saying the wrong thing or wording something poorly. Cover, being a fairly conservative Japanese company, would probably just take that advice to it's most extreme interpretation and tell them not to stream, with Lando just focusing on his personal projects because they can't exactly stop him there.

Still rrat territory obviously, but most of the other theories have become unlikely by how long this has gone on for now.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Hmm, that's an interesting way to put it. I think it's safe to assume this isn't a suspension at this point, but if they intend to fire these boys, I guess there comes a point where it takes more effort to keep them on than to just announce their deaths. So in a weird way, maybe the longer that we're all kept in the dark about this, the better the prospects are for Magni and Ves to come back at some point.

Did I just say something slightly optimistic about this situation?!
Early on, wasn't there actually word that Magni was having a minor surgery? I've thought their situations might actually be separate for a while, but it's still very odd all around. Though, as it does drag on, I do think it actually bodes well for them coming back.

That said, Vesper could probably spin any story about what happened and it'd be believable. But the one, sadder, thought I've had is that something happened to a family member of Vesper's and that's the reason for the sudden stop and complete radio silence. It would generally fit with some of the ways they've handled things on the JP side when a family member has been ill. We normally have only found out later, right? (I'm think Ayame and Mel.)

If that Rrat holds weight, it might also explain the double announcement. Magni was going to take a short break, Vesper had that emergency issue, so the collab got cancelled and Cover just put out a double note when it was originally just going to be Magni?

Top Bottom