"15 calories, that's like a pie right?"IRyS

The Anime Thread

ペンネーム

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
For the past couple weeks, a fiction recommendation thread on another forum I lurk in has been plagued by people sperging about how Youjo Senki glorifies Nazism and fascism. I've never been so annoyed at the lack of negative react options. :painpeko:

ペンネーム

For the past couple weeks, a fiction recommendation thread on another forum I lurk in has been plagued by people sperging about how Youjo Senki glorifies Nazism and fascism. I've never been so annoyed at the lack of negative react options. :painpeko:
They need autism options, eh?

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I just starting watching "My Home Hero" and I really like it so far being only a couple episodes in. It's the story of a father who finds out his daughter is being super abused and takes matters into his own hands. It's like an Isekai but not about a fantasy world, rather someone waking up to being a neglectful parent and what they'll do about it when it's far too late.

Ensok

Early Adopter
I just starting watching "My Home Hero" and I really like it so far being only a couple episodes in. It's the story of a father who finds out his daughter is being super abused and takes matters into his own hands. It's like an Isekai but not about a fantasy world, rather someone waking up to being a neglectful parent and what they'll do about it when it's far too late.
I read the manga of that for a while, the first part is great but I lost interest later on and it seems to just go kind of crazy and dumb. I'm assuming the anime is only adapting the first portion though and if so you're in for a great ride.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I read the manga of that for a while, the first part is great but I lost interest later on and it seems to just go kind of crazy and dumb. I'm assuming the anime is only adapting the first portion though and if so you're in for a great ride.
Four episodes in on the dub and it's very good, but I can see what you mean by it getting off the rails as it was going haywire for a while but they seem to have narrowed it down a little in scope by the end of the fourth episode.

I like that it's a "smaller" scope type of thing as opposed to over the top like a lot of anime can be. Plus family values.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Aha, there are a surprising number of tankies out there even among the communists and fellow travelers who don't refer to themselves as tankies. Of course Youjo Senki is going to be called "fascist" and "Nazi." Tanya hates communism and this is also born out by the world of Youjo Senki which shows communists like that pervert Beria in a bad light.

(And Youjo Senki points out that Stalin feared his countries mages so he sent them to camps. I know camp sounds like fun... but it wasn't those kind of camps.)
Well, back to downloading Ringing Bell off of Youtube before it gets copystruck:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Aha, there are a surprising number of tankies out there even among the communists and fellow travelers who don't refer to themselves as tankies. Of course Youjo Senki is going to be called "fascist" and "Nazi." Tanya hates communism and this is also born out by the world of Youjo Senki which shows communists like that pervert Beria in a bad light.
I thought the author was known as a leftist, and Tanya isn't exactly someone supposed to be a role model.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I thought the author was known as a leftist, and Tanya isn't exactly someone supposed to be a role model.
Well, I'm only going by the anime, and specifically, the movie. Neither Stalin nor Beria, nor Tanya's world's equivalent of Soviet Russia are portrayed in a positive light. I'd need more information on Carlos Zen's beliefs to figure out why that is. For example, if he is a Trotskyite or even a Maoist he could easily hate Stalin and his cronies just as fervently as any Objectivist would. However, any pro-Stalin leftist would likely call an anime that bashed Stalin sympathetic to Nazism.

Tanya is clearly an anti-hero, but she has a lot of admirable qualities, especially given that she's a soldier. Whether she's a role model or not likely depends on the values you were raised with and the ones you later determined for yourself.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I tried reading tanya once but it was so edgy I could never get into it.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Not much longer now. It comes out on Saturday.
Jesus christ the rumor about her thighs is real, those things look like balloons about to fucking pop.
1688014032080.png

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Jesus christ the rumor about her thighs is real, those things look like balloons about to fucking pop.
View attachment 33252
They knew what the weebs are into these days and so they deliver. Safe to say, judging with people just focusing on her thighs every time they discuss it, it works quite well.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Thighs and tits aside, the games are actually really good. Assuming you like JRPGs, that is.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
So I spent most of the roadtrip I had to undergo today watching the 2nd season of Made in Abyss. Only five episodes in so far, so don't spoil, but it once again manages to be one of the best animes I've ever watched. I really wish it wasn't written by somebody who probably has a whole lot of highly questionable material on his computer, but it's engaging enough that I simply don't care.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

2 hours?! Holy shit thats long. Is this the longest an animes first episode has ever been? 🤔

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

2 hours?! Holy shit thats long. Is this the longest an animes first episode has ever been? 🤔

What is it about? Looks isekai so my hopes are already low.
Okay, 10 seconds of wikipedia cleared that up, sounds interesting.

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast

I really enjoyed that manga, how did I miss this?
Anyway, I guess I can at least recommend the manga if you want something slightly different from the fantasy genre.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

REPENT MOTHERFUCKERS!

Teaser for Panty & Stocking season 2 officially released. Yes this is real, this is actually happening for real and is NOT A TROLL.

This teaser seems to be their way of saying “we have the rights now, we’re working on it”.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

REPENT MOTHERFUCKERS!

Teaser for Panty & Stocking season 2 officially released. Yes this is real, this is actually happening for real and is NOT A TROLL.

This teaser seems to be their way of saying “we have the rights now, we’re working on it”.

Trigger resurrected Christmas? Wow, that's a surprise.

Top Bottom