"I've never been molested... short pause -by a step father!"Kirschey

The Anime Thread

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Something good this season? I'm watching Mobile Yuri Bait Gundam and Magical Destruction but I have a feel I'm going to drop MD in the near future
Depends on your interests, but my recommendations for this season just going off being a manga reader:
  1. Oshi no Ko
  2. Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu
  3. Kimetsu no Yaiba
I remember liking Jigokuraku from when I read it some years back until I caught up to release and promptly forgot about it. If it is well-animated, I would recommend that for something edgier.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Read ascendance of a bookworm, best isekai, best worldbuilding, if you think otherwise then go fuck yourself. The anime kinda sucks tho, they obviously had no faith in it because it doesn't feature insane power leveling or a harem.
:nenedance:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Read ascendance of a bookworm, best isekai, best worldbuilding, if you think otherwise then go fuck yourself. The anime kinda sucks tho, they obviously had no faith in it because it doesn't feature insane power leveling or a harem.
:nenedance:
Are you Guedez?

...Nah, too dedicated to your oshi Nene, not enough Pipkin

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Are you Guedez?

...Nah, too dedicated to your oshi Nene, not enough Pipkin
No idea who that is and no idea if that particular LN has a bad reputation in weebdom, I just found it one day and liked it. That's all.

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast
Something good this season? I'm watching Mobile Yuri Bait Gundam and Magical Destruction but I have a feel I'm going to drop MD in the near future
Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers only has one episode out but I found it to be very enjoyable, It's too early to tell if it's worth recommending or not but I'd keep an eye on it

this shit

fuck it
Jigokuraku seems interesting, Edomae Elf if you like otaku-based humor, more Kimetsu no Yaiba if you like flashy shonen swordfights.
Jigokuraku might be the one to satisfy the edge itch for this season, Edomae Elf looks funny I might try it
Depends on your interests, but my recommendations for this season just going off being a manga reader:
  1. Oshi no Ko
  2. Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu
  3. Kimetsu no Yaiba
I remember liking Jigokuraku from when I read it some years back until I caught up to release and promptly forgot about it. If it is well-animated, I would recommend that for something edgier.
Oh I completely forgot that Oshi no Ko is coming out this season, I know it has a cursed premise but everybody loves the manga so I have to see it.
EDIT: lmao just finished the first EP now and it was exhilarating, I'm glad I didn't spoil myself before watching it
Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers only has one episode out but I found it to be very enjoyable, It's too early to tell if it's worth recommending or not but I'd keep an eye on it
Yeah, I didn't really like the writing of the first episode but the "concept" they're selling with the beautiful ending is yet to be explored so I'll give it a few more weeks for sure

Last edited:

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Apparently Noel is a fan of Bokuyaba.

noel_bokuyaba.PNG
https://archive.ph/oJgOG

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
So, Oshi no Ko's first episode (double length) is already out, has anybody seen it yet?
Can we expect the anime make some kind of splash over the vtuber sphere with it's meta commentary?

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
So, Oshi no Ko's first episode (double length) is already out, has anybody seen it yet?
Can we expect the anime make some kind of splash over the vtuber sphere with it's meta commentary?
Aka the writer of the manga is a friend of Norio who is Tamaki from NorioPro so he introduces later in the story the concept of corpo vtubers but it depends in your views if what he says its correct or just uniformed takes from an outsider

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
This is what I was talking about.

230414000016.png

230414000015.png
230414000017.png

Last edited:

this shit

fuck it

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I watched Oshi no Ko blind, had no idea what it was about other than everyone online was freaking out about it.. It's 1hr 20min so pretty much four episodes long. Watch it blind like I did. No spoilers but imo it lives up to the hype.

I dunno if it'll venture into vtubers but Holofags like myself might get something out of it about the idol industry in general. It's kinda funny that the former idol Kiara is arguably the least idol-ish since she over shares everything on stream. The ideal might be someone like Subaru, her house burnt down and she joined Hololive not really knowing wtf idols or vtubers are but worked hard and is killing it. She is always happy and cheerful, I don't think I've ever seen a clip of her sad or trauma-dumping.. I remember a clip of Yagoo implying the duck was his favorite a few years back.

ps the OP is a banger from YAOSOBI, expect a bunch of vtuber covers and karaoke performances. Also the trailer doesn't spoil anything.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
I watched Oshi no Ko blind, had no idea what it was about other than everyone online was freaking out about it.. It's 1hr 20min so pretty much four episodes long. Watch it blind like I did. No spoilers but imo it lives up to the hype.

I dunno if it'll venture into vtubers but Holofags like myself might get something out of it about the idol industry in general. It's kinda funny that the former idol Kiara is arguably the least idol-ish since she over shares everything on stream. The ideal might be someone like Subaru, her house burnt down and she joined Hololive not really knowing wtf idols or vtubers are but worked hard and is killing it. She is always happy and cheerful, I don't think I've ever seen a clip of her sad or trauma-dumping.. I remember a clip of Yagoo implying the duck was his favorite a few years back.

ps the OP is a banger from YAOSOBI, expect a bunch of vtuber covers and karaoke performances. Also the trailer doesn't spoil anything.

It goes into VTubers a bit but not really in-depth which is unsurprising considering the creator, Akasaka Aka, is really into VTubers (He's a Nijifag iirc)

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
Finally caught up on Bofuri. This shot of all the pets sleeping together is pretty cute honestly.
IMG_1249.jpeg

Also I highly suggest checking out Bofuri. It’s a fun anime, and it’s also pretty comfy honestly. And no in spite of it’s long name it is NOT AN ISEKAI. Just thought this might be worth pointing out given how common it is for Isekai’s to use long titles.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Finally caught up on Bofuri. This shot of all the pets sleeping together is pretty cute honestly.
View attachment 20589

Also I highly suggest checking out Bofuri. It’s a fun anime, and it’s also pretty comfy honestly. And no in spite of it’s long name it is NOT AN ISEKAI. Just thought this might be worth pointing out given how common it is for Isekai’s to use long titles.
I liked it well enough to get this:
kdk31939_0.jpg

https://www.hlj.com/nendoroid-maple...-get-hurt-so-i-ll-max-out-my-defense-kdk31939

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Oshi No Ko's A plot has been amazing so far and some of the reveals have been crazy. But the B plot is pretty great too. Similar to how Shirobako how the sausage of making an Anime TV show is made, Oshi No Ko deals with the entertainment industry as a whole. Some of the insight into how weird the Japanese creative business world is great to see.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Oshi No Ko's A plot has been amazing so far and some of the reveals have been crazy. But the B plot is pretty great too. Similar to how Shirobako how the sausage of making an Anime TV show is made, Oshi No Ko deals with the entertainment industry as a whole. Some of the insight into how weird the Japanese creative business world is great to see.
It does try to not rock the boat too much by straying away from challenging nip society's bug mentality and autistic social norms which have a huge impact on work culture and life in general. All of the shit that happens in the show also happens in the west and in other countries, but in japan it has an extra layer of shit ontop.

ペンネーム

I have been pain watching The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure.... and it is killing me.

Why when there is so much better to be watched, am I still watching this garbage?

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Top Bottom