"Opinions only hurt if you're a bitch"Scarle Yonaguni

The Anime Thread

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

REPENT MOTHERFUCKERS!

Teaser for Panty & Stocking season 2 officially released. Yes this is real, this is actually happening for real and is NOT A TROLL.

This teaser seems to be their way of saying “we have the rights now, we’re working on it”.

I dont think its gonna be a S2 but more of a reboot.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

REPENT MOTHERFUCKERS!

Teaser for Panty & Stocking season 2 officially released. Yes this is real, this is actually happening for real and is NOT A TROLL.

This teaser seems to be their way of saying “we have the rights now, we’re working on it”.

Was the original show actually good? I know I've heard of it but never watched it.

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast

REPENT MOTHERFUCKERS!

If it ends up on netflix like LWA, Edgerunners and now Dungeon Meshi, they should release each episode advent calendar style leading up to Christmas.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Was the original show actually good? I know I've heard of it but never watched it.

It's good raunchy fun. The look and animation style definitelt made it stand out during its time.

Ended in a massive cliffhanger and that's why people have been clamoring for another season.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
AAAAAAA

Witch From Mercury ended up being trash.

Episode 14 was the last genuinely good episode. Maybe the next few where Suletta has her existence deconstructed.

But then for SOME FUCKING REASON they walk it all back. All of it. Every last bit. Every bit of carefully crafted conflict. Every bit of deconstruction. Every moral nuance. It's retarded. Completely retarded. In the end Suletta literally becomes an even more overpowered Banagher, solves everybody's problems, then has all Gundam technology vanish into the ether. While Miorine just somehow sells all of Benerit's assets instantly with no take-backs.

How did this show go so bad so quickly. Nobody even DIES. It ends so fast a dozen questions are totally unanswered. It's retarded. I can't BELIEVE this show pissed away its potential so epicly. It's a massive disaster.

I'm actually mad. I'm genuinely mad on so many levels.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
AAAAAAA

Episode 14 was the last genuinely good episode. Maybe the next few where Suletta has her existence deconstructed.

But then for SOME FUCKING REASON they walk it all back. All of it. Every last bit. Every bit of carefully crafted conflict. Every bit of deconstruction. Every moral nuance. It's retarded. Completely retarded. In the end Suletta literally becomes an even more overpowered Banagher, solves everybody's problems, then has all Gundam technology vanish into the ether. While Miorine just somehow sells all of Benerit's assets instantly with no take-backs.

How did this show go so bad so quickly. Nobody even DIES. It ends so fast a dozen questions are totally unanswered. It's retarded. I can't BELIEVE this show pissed away its potential so epicly. It's a massive disaster.

Sounds like an isekai. :Pekora-EVILGRIN:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Trigger resurrected Christmas? Wow, that's a surprise.
i find incredible amusement that trigger is like the only studio who you can judge on Christmas's Saved vs Christmas's Ruined.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
AAAAAAA

My main gripe with the last 2 episodes was

I audibly groaned when they showed the, obligatory, orbital death ray in episode 11. I get it's a gundam tradition, but it's completely out of the blue with no sort of build up or hint whatsoever. And then in the finale they just hand waved it away with "permet magic". It didn't even desintegrate, it was just put out of comission long enough so the main characters could have ther final exposition in peace.
The sentiment I've seen from other watchers, that are not lobotomized yuri drones, was that:
  • In the end the series was mid
  • That the 2 final episodes should've been premiered together
  • WfM would've benefitted greatly if it were a 40 ep series instead of a regular 25.
The mech designs, on the other hand, are great.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
My main gripe with the last 2 episodes was

I audibly groaned when they showed the, obligatory, orbital death ray in episode 11. I get it's a gundam tradition, but it's completely out of the blue with no sort of build up or hint whatsoever. And then in the finale they just hand waved it away with "permet magic". It didn't even desintegrate, it was just put out of comission long enough so the main characters could have ther final exposition in peace.
The sentiment I've seen from other watchers, that are not lobotomized yuri drones, was that:
  • In the end the series was mid
  • That the 2 final episodes should've been premiered together
  • WfM would've benefitted greatly if it were a 40 ep series instead of a regular 25.
The mech designs, on the other hand, are great.

I would say the ending is one of the worst in Gundam history. It's trite and overdone, and completely flies in the face of everything established hitherto. It presents easy, quick solutions to problems that the entire show has taken considerable pains to show there are NO easy solutions to.

For example;

Piel Technologies are built up as ruthless and deadly businesswomen who manipulate everything from the shadows with plausible deniability. The original Elan is described as 'wicked'. His clone/body double is willing to go so far as to physically assault Suletta in a manner that blatantly screams rape or some form of sexual violation. He's ready to throw everyone else under the bus and practically ignore an active terrorist attack just because he's too selfish to put himself in danger to save other people.

Then in the final episode(s), his BD turns good after being locked in a room for a while. He aids the protagonists, puts his life on the line for them, etc, all because he 'bonded' with an unstable psychopathic murderer with no redeeming qualities. His original goes on to randomly drop Piel and walk out on them with no buildup, while Miorine is somehow able to instantly (literally instantly, this happens within seconds of screentime) hijack and sell the corporate holdings of the entire Benerit Group. This consists of HUNDREDS of companies, mind you. There is apparently no take-backs at all for any of this.

This is just a single example of this nonsense. It's actual gibberish. None of this makes any sense in the slightest. I could go on and on, broken plot after broken plot. It's insane.

I agree that it needed more episodes. I would've given the show a bare minimum of five more. There was enough to stretch into a standard fifty, though that might've outstayed its welcome. What we got was a travesty though. I hate it on so many levels.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
I would say the ending is one of the worst in Gundam history. It's trite and overdone, and completely flies in the face of everything established hitherto. It presents easy, quick solutions to problems that the entire show has taken considerable pains to show there are NO easy solutions to.

For example;

Piel Technologies are built up as ruthless and deadly businesswomen who manipulate everything from the shadows with plausible deniability. The original Elan is described as 'wicked'. His clone/body double is willing to go so far as to physically assault Suletta in a manner that blatantly screams rape or some form of sexual violation. He's ready to throw everyone else under the bus and practically ignore an active terrorist attack just because he's too selfish to put himself in danger to save other people.

Then in the final episode(s), his BD turns good after being locked in a room for a while. He aids the protagonists, puts his life on the line for them, etc, all because he 'bonded' with an unstable psychopathic murderer with no redeeming qualities. His original goes on to randomly drop Piel and walk out on them with no buildup, while Miorine is somehow able to instantly (literally instantly, this happens within seconds of screentime) hijack and sell the corporate holdings of the entire Benerit Group. This consists of HUNDREDS of companies, mind you. There is apparently no take-backs at all for any of this.

This is just a single example of this nonsense. It's actual gibberish. None of this makes any sense in the slightest. I could go on and on, broken plot after broken plot. It's insane.

I agree that it needed more episodes. I would've given the show a bare minimum of five more. There was enough to stretch into a standard fifty, though that might've outstayed its welcome. What we got was a travesty though. I hate it on so many levels.
I agree 100% with you. I'm fairly new to the franchise but I've taken the time to watch and read most of the matetrial available and it's one of the worst endings I've seen (including Victory).

I know they were trying to translate the main conflict from The Tempest into gundam, but the whole "court drama" was only there during the first half of the 1st cour, and then it just dissolved into tongue in cheek references (how the Caliburn was called "a monster" and how it led a rebellion against Lady Prospera), mixed with Norse references (Lfrith, Ur, Thorn).
Also, they've spent very little time in explaining how the fuck the government of the earth sphere works, or wher the fuck did the Permet come from.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Just watched the first episode of the Ryza anime, and it's pretty good. I'm hoping that the rest of the series is just as good.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Just watched the first episode of the Ryza anime, and it's pretty good. I'm hoping that the rest of the series is just as good.
There's a thigh probability it will be.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Just found time to finish season 2 of Gundam WfM. While I wouldn't call it trash, it was definitely disappointing. I definitely agree, it could have been a normal-lengthed Gundam series. There were just too many things going on, a lot of which just began and resolved over 2 episodes, while there were a ton of other story threads going on. I actually liked the broad story strokes, they were just poorly executed.

Also, having the Space Assembly League randomly become the big bad in the last 2 episodes with a giant space laser felt like such a typical Gundam cop-out. Just felt like they said "Oh we forgot to have the giant battle in space around the giant space laser" and tossed that in when it could easily just have not been involved at all and be better for it. Leaving Prospera as the main villain would have landed better.

Well, at least the Gundam designs were, imo, some of my favorite in years.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Is this honestly what's going to make me stop being a contrarian and finally watch Evangelion, just so I can understand a meme?
So here's the thing about this scene. It more or less comes completely out of left field as the show (probably) ran out of budget at the end and the writer is a fucking loon who kept changing his mind on what to do. So he did something batshit and went with a very in your face "this is the message" scene in lieu of it actually fitting what happened before it. The show in many ways is more interesting from a production standpoint

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
So here's the thing about this scene. It more or less comes completely out of left field as the show (probably) ran out of budget at the end and the writer is a fucking loon who kept changing his mind on what to do. So he did something batshit and went with a very in your face "this is the message" scene in lieu of it actually fitting what happened before it. The show in many ways is more interesting from a production standpoint
I knew about this but honestly a lot of nip media handles character development/plot progression in such a strange way that even if I didn't know why it actually happened I wouldn't find anything wrong with it.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Is this honestly what's going to make me stop being a contrarian and finally watch Evangelion, just so I can understand a meme?
Ultimately Evangelion is nothing none of the plots really come to fruition because they are set dressing for Shinji learning to get in the robot but even that falls flat because the show ends just after he finally takes responsibility for getting in said robot the show wants to make you at least dislike the dude and then build up to this moment but hes pretty boring so theres nothing to hate.

The cavalcade of cool ideas and plot lines go to waste all the setup for SEELE being shady as fuck? delt with off screen.
in short No is not worth it just for the meme and the rebuild is an entirely different beast. Made long after the manic depressive self destructive breakdown that prompted the creation of Evangelion to begin with.

For the record the context for the meme is like 20 layers deep depending on how retarded you want to go.

for example
at face value Shinji finally does something in the series and hes imagining all his (probably dead) friends and family congratulating him for it

going a little deeper this is yet another case of shinji being useless and wanting praise for doing the bare minimum.

and you can go way deeper if you want to autistically apply meaning to the characters who are there their order of camera focus and what each of them represent (Asuka for example is Wrath while Rei is innocence) it gets really far up it's ass sometimes.

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
Shinji's a gay retard who wants asspats for existing

Nolan is (see previous)

that's all the context you need

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
and you can go way deeper if you want to autistically apply meaning to the characters who are there their order of camera focus and what each of them represent (Asuka for example is Wrath while Rei is innocence) it gets really far up it's ass sometimes. [/SPOILER]
What the fuck does pen represent then?

I honestly hate east asian pseudo-philosophy bullshit storytelling, trying to be way too deep by hamfisting in all of these allusions to deeper meaning and Abrahamic religious iconography, it really shows how little chinks and nips understand about western culture despite their best efforts.

If you want an anime that has a lot of meaning, deep story and is actually good just watch FMA:B

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
What the fuck does pen represent then?

I honestly hate east asian pseudo-philosophy bullshit storytelling, trying to be way too deep by hamfisting in all of these allusions to deeper meaning and Abrahamic religious iconography, it really shows how little chinks and nips understand about western culture despite their best efforts.

If you want an anime that has a lot of meaning, deep story and is actually good just watch FMA:B
Didn't Anno himself admit that the religious imagery didn't mean shit and was only there cuz he thought it looked cool? I may be having a tard moment, but I remember reading that somewhere some years ago.

edit:
1688801444755.png

Alright it wasn't quite the man himself, but this is about as official as it gets. Subarashii, Anno-sama, yuu faaking sperugu.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Didn't Anno himself admit that the religious imagery didn't mean shit and was only there cuz he thought it looked cool? I may be having a tard moment, but I remember reading that somewhere some years ago.
I wouldn't put it past nip chuuni brainrot.

Top Bottom