"Accelerationists furiously masturbating everyday"Kirschey

The Anime Thread

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Double posting because it's unrelated to the previous' one topic.

Looks like Bandai made some cheeky backtracking about the Yuri couple getting married in Gundam WfM. There was an article in the latest GundamAce issue where they scraped a part of an interview that mentioned how the main couple (yuri) got married in the ending (twitter link - capture - pic)
The alphabet crowd went bonkers and started sperging all over the Gundam online community so hard that even some of the character's Seiyuu went on record on twitter expressing that the marriage was actually canon and called out Bandai for the article, and Okouchi (co-writer and director) was caught liking tweets in favor of the yuri couple. The official WfM account eventually released an official apology (twitter - archive, site - archive)

Fun weekend for the Gundam Fandom overall.

ogey_rrat

ogey
I wanted to check with people without twitter brain-rot about this.
Is any of you up to date with Oshi no Ko's manga? If so, what do you think of the most recent twist?
Was funny to watch people lose their minds during that 1 week break.

Zapan1984

But i will say i do got a laugh out of some Memes and i hope i do that correct never added a Photo before
image.png

Mehk

Monday: Masamune-kun no Revenge R, Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero, Malevolent Spirits Mononogatari S2, Synduality Noir

Tuesday: Helck

Wednesday: Reborn as a Vending Machine, I now wander the Dungeon, Undead Murder Farce

Thursday: Jujutsu Kaisen S2, The Devil is a Part-Timer S2, The Great Cleric, Rurouni Kenshin(Remaster?), Spy Classroom S2

Friday: Reign of the Seven Spellblades, The Gene of AI

Saturday: Am I Actually the Strongest, Bleach Thousand Year Blood War, Liar Liar, My unique Skill Makes me OP even at Level 1, TenPuru, Alteier Ryza, Ayaka, Edens Zero S2

Sunday: Mushoku Tensei Lobless Reincarnation S2, Zom 100 Bucket List of the Dead, Classroom for Heroes, Dark Gathering
Is there anything I'm currently not watching that people would recommend? I haven't read any manga in a long time so I usually go into most anime with no care what the show "should" be like.I was watching Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence but dropped it after week 3. The shows I would recommend to people that haven't been mentioned are Dark Gathering, Gene of AI, The Great Cleric, and Undead Murder Farce.

Dark Gathering hits in that creepy/crazy but still somewhat childish/funny vibes kind of way. Gene of AI feels kind of "plays out different scenarios" type of show at the moment but the concept of it feels like something people have have to end up actually dealing with. The Great Cleric is an Isekai, so I know some people will hate it just based on this, but I've liked the show thus far with the comedy it has in it and how his past life plays into his current character. Undead Murder Farce thus far has been murder mystery style which I've enjoyed.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Looks like Bandai made some cheeky backtracking about the Yuri couple getting married in Gundam WfM. There was an article in the latest GundamAce issue where they scraped a part of an interview that mentioned how the main couple (yuri) got married in the ending (twitter link - capture - pic)
The alphabet crowd went bonkers and started sperging all over the Gundam online community so hard that even some of the character's Seiyuu went on record on twitter expressing that the marriage was actually canon and called out Bandai for the article, and Okouchi (co-writer and director) was caught liking tweets in favor of the yuri couple. The official WfM account eventually released an official apology (twitter - archive, site - archive)

I think the whole 'they got married' thing is the most retarded part of that extraordinarily retarded ending. They try so hard to make it seem less stupid than it is, but they fail spectacularly.

Yeah, sure. Enjoy the slow, creeping reality that both of you have just doomed your respective family lineages to extinction after your parents both suffered grievous and debilitating injuries in pursuit of a reality that was explicitly designed to make it safe for you to live and make families for yourselves. No wonder the mainstream Japanese producers are shying away from it.

Shinzo Abe should be grateful he died before seeing his country get this gay and stupid.

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo

Ted_Kaczynski_2_(cropped).jpg
The Witch From Mercury and its consequences have been a disaster for gundam fans

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

Kazuma

Early Adopter
The only good gundam is G Gundam

That's the only gundam that I have watched

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Just finished consuming the entirety of the chainsaw man manga and I gotta say: What the fuck is even the point? Is this just weird and obtuse for the sake of it? Did I miss something? Why do people like this? Does everyone just die and we just ignore that and move on to another action scene? Am I not weeb enough to understand the deep themes?

Stunned But Dumb

Is this just weird and obtuse for the sake of it?
Fujimoto is just a generally weird and obtuse guy. Most of the stuff he writes is like this

Why do people like this?
I like the devil designs and just Denji in general

Am I not weeb enough to understand the deep themes?

I think you're overthinking it if anything. The themes of the first part are really simple covering stuff like abusive, one-sided relationships and how lust without love is shallow and meaningless. You (and a lot of people who binge the manga, I've noticed) might've gone in thinking this would be a super deep and introspective story, but at the end of the day it's just shonen. Deeper and more introspective than most modern shonen (I think, I haven't watched or read shonen in a while) but it's still simplifying itself.

Trust me this is nowhere near as bizarre and overlayered as some of his other stuff.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Fujimoto is just a generally weird and obtuse guy. Most of the stuff he writes is like this

I like the devil designs and just Denji in general

I think you're overthinking it if anything. The themes of the first part are really simple covering stuff like abusive, one-sided relationships and how lust without love is shallow and meaningless. You (and a lot of people who binge the manga, I've noticed) might've gone in thinking this would be a super deep and introspective story, but at the end of the day it's just shonen. Deeper and more introspective than most modern shonen (I think, I haven't watched or read shonen in a while) but it's still simplifying itself.

Trust me this is nowhere near as bizarre and overlayered as some of his other stuff.
So just turn your brain off... great...

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Someone put out a scene from the upcoming live action One Piece show...... And it..... looks good?

Like, that's perfect Sanji/Zeff interaction. Might we finally be getting the fabled true to material live action series?

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Just finished consuming the entirety of the chainsaw man manga and I gotta say: What the fuck is even the point? Is this just weird and obtuse for the sake of it? Did I miss something? Why do people like this? Does everyone just die and we just ignore that and move on to another action scene? Am I not weeb enough to understand the deep themes?
he fucking wrote the girls because one time he was laughed at by a girl that should give you all the context that you need

also denji is as denji as hed be its kind of endearing in a way

given on what fucking happened to fire punch

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Someone put out a scene from the upcoming live action One Piece show...... And it..... looks good?

Like, that's perfect Sanji/Zeff interaction. Might we finally be getting the fabled true to material live action series?

The first trailer had me pretty doomer but the second one was decent. That along with Oda confirming how much he was supervising everything has me thinking more positively on it. This clip also felt like it's doing Sanji and Zeff well. As long as the deviations aren't too heavy (like Arlong being in Baratie might be weird depending on how they do it) and it still feels like One Piece, it might actually end up being a solid adaptation.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Double posting because it's unrelated to the previous' one topic.

I wish I could live a life where the make-believe story about robots in space where two women end up married is something that needs my attention. Sometimes I wonder about if these people have ever experienced problems at all in life.

Meanwhile the main character of the Mushoku Tensei novels/anime is a 40+ year old reincarnation into a young boy who grooms and has sex with several young girls (and even marries one). But that's totally ok, because in his previous life he had been bullied at school you see.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I think the whole 'they got married' thing is the most retarded part of that extraordinarily retarded ending. They try so hard to make it seem less stupid than it is, but they fail spectacularly.

Yeah, sure. Enjoy the slow, creeping reality that both of you have just doomed your respective family lineages to extinction after your parents both suffered grievous and debilitating injuries in pursuit of a reality that was explicitly designed to make it safe for you to live and make families for yourselves. No wonder the mainstream Japanese producers are shying away from it.

Shinzo Abe should be grateful he died before seeing his country get this gay and stupid.
Artificial insemination is a thing even in current year dude for all the issues with WtF's ending that they can't get preggers is the weirdest thing to focus on. Hell even discounting that Suletta is literally a designer baby one of MANY and unless i'm hallucinating (entirely possible given how little i remember of that ending) Mio has custom code written into her genetics.

Pretty sure childbirth is just "solved" at that point.

dear god i can't get away from this trainwreck, even weeks later it keeps haunting me leave me alone
You brought it up. :NOWWELAUGH: Cannot escape a lesbian fate.

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
dear god i can't get away from this trainwreck, even weeks later it keeps haunting me leave me alone

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Since people were talking about Hololive Alt figured I would throw out there a existing show that feels a lot like the second trailer specifically in it's presentation.

Princess Connect Re: Dive.

This is what I feel like would be the ideal version of Holoalt (and given the trailer seems like what they would be aiming for) I love this stupid show and wanted to bring it up in case it grabs anyone's interest.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I started watching Heavenly Delusion yesterday. About halfway through it by now. I like it. I always love post-apocalypse stuff, and this hits all the right vibes for me.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I started watching Heavenly Delusion yesterday. About halfway through it by now. I like it. I always love post-apocalypse stuff, and this hits all the right vibes for me.
it still amuses me that heavenly delusion and hells paradise have contrasting names released at the same time to about similar levels of buzz.

Basically i'm shilling for hells paradise fun shonen thing fairly brainless for a bit (but still fun action) and then it hits you with a decent twist that will at least have you double check what you know.looking forward to season 2.

Yes i used the name connection to shill the one i liked more but both are good.

Trailers for both for those who might be interested.

Top Bottom