"Salmonella doesn't exist, it's a social construct"Banzoin Hakka

The Anime Thread

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Finished Heavenly Delusion yesterday.

God damn that was an easy 9/10. I'm just absolutely furious it ends on a huge cliffhanger and the next season isn't out yet.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Been watching Dark Gathering and it's a pretty good "horror" anime. While it isn't really scary, some of the scenes can be really unsettling.

God damn that was an easy 9/10. I'm just absolutely furious it ends on a huge cliffhanger and the next season isn't out yet.

You're gonna wait for a long ass time for a second season if there will ever be one. Currently, there isn't much source material to go on and new chapter releases are painfully slow.

Basically i'm shilling for hells paradise fun shonen thing fairly brainless for a bit (but still fun action) and then it hits you with a decent twist that will at least have you double check what you know.looking forward to season 2.

Read the manga after the show ended. At first the series is interesting and had potential but it completely dropped the ball near the end imo.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Is this another one of those "wtf is even happening?" types of anime? I'm kinda tired of feeling like I'm on drugs just by watching these.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Is this another one of those "wtf is even happening?" types of anime? I'm kinda tired of feeling like I'm on drugs just by watching these.
half of it is half the anime is straightforward apoc survival. the other half is some fucking garden following a bunch of children that is clearly isolated from the rest of the world lots of doctors poking them with needles with no explanation at all for several episodes .

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
half of it is half the anime is straightforward apoc survival. the other half is some fucking garden following a bunch of children that is clearly isolated from the rest of the world lots of doctors poking them with needles with no explanation at all for several episodes .
Already watched first ep, seems interesting, well animated and the characters are likeable, even the minor ones like the rando survivor dudes.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I'm going the Marine road of hard retro. Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

Harem animes were just better in the 1990s.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'm going the Marine road of hard retro. Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

Harem animes were just better in the 1990s.
I was actually enjoying Tenpuru recently which just finished this week.

I found every girl likable the show goes out of it's way to never lewd the child there is no reliance on "male protag exists and so is bad" theres some miscommunication but they do talk.

So yeah recommend giving it a watch it can be pretty funny.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
An extremely accurate representation of how I feel trying to convince people to watch or read One Piece.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
An extremely accurate representation of how I feel trying to convince people to watch or read One Piece.

I don't really like series that have like a trillion million episodes but the one piece faces are some of the greatest art I have ever seen.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I don't really like series that have like a trillion million episodes but the one piece faces are some of the greatest art I have ever seen.
Yea, I totally understand. One Piece suffers from "Padding" syndrome, where they keep up real time with the manga but the chapters don't have enough to create an episode on their own, so they pad it out with excessive use of stillshots and recaps. Reading is the way to go now.

Was it My Hero Academia that was the first major manga adaptation that was fine just releasing a season at a time and letting the manga get more chapters? Or am I imagining it. Either way, I'm glad it's a thing now as the padding that some of those classic series had to have was a literal war crime.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Yea, I totally understand. One Piece suffers from "Padding" syndrome, where they keep up real time with the manga but the chapters don't have enough to create an episode on their own, so they pad it out with excessive use of stillshots and recaps. Reading is the way to go now.

Was it My Hero Academia that was the first major manga adaptation that was fine just releasing a season at a time and letting the manga get more chapters? Or am I imagining it. Either way, I'm glad it's a thing now as the padding that some of those classic series had to have was a literal war crime.
not the first (or even the first major) but definitely the most note worthy you can also look into fan projects that cut out filler and padding.
I think that first major would be FMA brotherhood by technicality.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I think that first major would be FMA brotherhood by technicality.
Kinda? MAYBE? FMA Brotherhood also had the distinction of ending only a month after the manga run of FMA, meaning Arakawa was actively telling Bones how the series was ending as she was writing it.

And I did specify major manga, like Shonen Jump level major. Mainly because those series are notorious for keeping the series running for a) maximum profits and b) so they never have to deal with losing the time slot it's airing at. B especially is apparently a major thing for the brand safety in Japan.

As for fan edits, I know One Piece has a fan project called One Pace. They're doing their best to condense stuff by cutting excessive still shots and the recaps and duplicated scenes. I'll be interested to see how much they trim and how the final product is.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

I'd recommend people to read One Piece and just watch certain scenes or episodes in the anime. Reading it is much faster.

Watched the first Legend of the Galactic Heroes movie, My Conquest is the Sea of Stars, the other day and I enjoyed it. Been wanting to get into Legend of the Galactic Heroes, the og series, for a while now so I'm excited to continue watching it.

diethylether

bird molecule
Watched the first Legend of the Galactic Heroes movie, My Conquest is the Sea of Stars, the other day and I enjoyed it. Been wanting to get into Legend of the Galactic Heroes, the og series, for a while now so I'm excited to continue watching it.
fantastic choice, probably my favorite anime show by far, easy 10/10. Make sure to check the recommended watching order.

I've watched Die neue These halfway through, too, the redesign of the characters and ships is.. questionable in many cases. It's more compressed than the original and leaves out some of the plot, outside of that, the re-adaption is okay in my books. Fine if you're hungry for more and want to see a more modern version I guess.

Attachments

• RBCMGm6.jpeg
    RBCMGm6.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 15

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Sup nerds, new anime season just started and if you're bored when your oshi hasn't streamed in a few day- weeks.. months.. top new show so far seems to be Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. It's a bit slow and a bit of a tear jerker, but has great world building. It's supposedly based on some amazing manga so the source is good, and the animation teams hasn't messed with it yet based on the first five episodes.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Sup nerds, new anime season just started and if you're bored when your oshi hasn't streamed in a few day- weeks.. months.. top new show so far seems to be Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. It's a bit slow and a bit of a tear jerker, but has great world building. It's supposedly based on some amazing manga so the source is good, and the animation teams hasn't messed with it yet based on the first five episodes.

Good fucking shit

Highly recommend

Stunned But Dumb

Same. The manga is a delicious treat in the fantasy genre. It is very slow moving but in a beautiful way. Do yourself a favor and watch/read this

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Can confirm, the manga is great. It is very slow, though, so be aware.

Also, the opening might be Yoasobi's most mid song, yet, imo.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Also, the opening might be Yoasobi's most mid song, yet, imo.

I don't even know why they chose them to make the theme song since their style doesn't fit Freiren's setting and overall vibe.

Top Bottom