"PIPKIN PIPPA! I'M COMING TO KILL YOU! In Phase World? NO! At your house! In real life! I'm going to stalk her, and become obsessed with her! And wear her makeup, and her mold! And use her Live2D as a coat like the ancient foxgirls did!"Kirschey

AkioAIR: Hiring a minor was only the tip of the mismanagement iceberg. How to destroy an agency in under 1 month.

Sven

Been meaning to read this thread for a week and kept forgetting, at least I only missed the first volley or two of fireworks so far.

Let's see, in the last 2 days the Twitter retards have likely made things much worse for her by:

1. Starting an INTERNET petition to get her out of the company.
2. Calling her racist because of the slavery joke and making it into an even bigger deal than the very fact that AikoAIR employed a minor.
3. Making a big deal out of her channel and tag name "Nophilia", insisting that the "-phillia" suffix has sexual connotations.

Twitter sure is doing a great job protecting a kid, as expected.
These 'people' on Twitter sure do love getting angry at child groomers who aren't themselves

Or maybe this.

Megumi seems likely as the friend in question. Just to add some food to that rrat Megumi was a Phase fan early on and even arranged some game nights back on the Discord apparently, think she said she was a Capipi but this was after a Pippa raid so might of just been her being nice to her raider. I also want to say I remember a drunk stream between Megumi and Sleepy but I honestly can't say for sure this is real or I imagined it.

I would never join a company I knew was sinking at or near the bottom-most level
Cut most of this but just wanted to add some desperate enough people could want to try just to hope they can snag a high quality model for cheap/free when the company burns down and has no need of it anymore.

Short

God Damn the Sun
think she said she was a Capipi but this was after a Pippa raid so might of just been her being nice to her raider.
pippaWut m.pngShe said in that raid that she had been watching Pippa since her debut, and since she's friends with Sleepy, I'm guessing they knew each other before that.

Zyklon Mag

Did the CEO take company management lessons from WACTOR or something? All he had to do was tell the kid to reapply when they were of age and all this wouldn't have happened. But then again, this is entertaining. And what vtuber academy? You're unironically better off listening to Pippa's stream where she reviewed vtuber applications or watching clips of your favorite moving anime avatar sharing what little they can about the application process for x company.

MagicHammer

Someone had mentioned a few days ago on /vt/ that the Gen 1 talent Athena Nightingale was also going to walk with most of Gen 2, looks like that may be happening for real now as she's just scrubbed any mention of AkioAir from her bios.
athygone.jpg

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Someone had mentioned a few days ago on /vt/ that the Gen 1 talent Athena Nightingale was also going to walk with most of Gen 2, looks like that may be happening for real now as she's just scrubbed any mention of AkioAir from her bios.
View attachment 45676
It's so over. The only way Jason could get out of this while maintaining some dignity is if he finds someone retarded enough to buy the company, but realistically that's not gonna happen. At least this other chick leaving means either their contracts are loose enough that they can distance themselves from the company without too much aggravation, or that the talents are confident enough that the company doesn't have the means to retaliate against contract breaches.

Regardless, while the debut postponement tweet (archive) didn't give a specific date, it did mention that it'd be a week's delay. There's only a finite amount of time before something happens. Grab the popcorn, lads.

Johnny Jambalaya

BlueSharkTV alt account
Early Adopter
Ward Security
What a shame. None of the talents deserved this, not even the kid as she shouldn't even have been hired on in the first place.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
The only way Jason could get out of this while maintaining some dignity is if he finds someone retarded enough to buy the company, but realistically that's not gonna happen.

I guess I'm a retard because I'd consider buying the company if I had some money and the price were right. It'd be turnkey - the talent and managers and back-end stuff are all already in place, so there'd be no need to do recruiting or anything like that. First order of business would be to ditch the kid and anyone other than Jason involved in her hiring. Second would be to tweet that the company is under new management, we're going to set things right, and we hope that fans will stick with our amazing talents as we go through the changes and so on. Third would be to go to the talents who have quit and beg them to come back, and if they say no, tell them the door's always open if they change their mind (and don't recast their models). Then maybe do some goodwill stuff for the community - fundraisers for the ASPCA, or let the streamers do 48-hour donothons where we take 0%, that sort of thing. I think viewers would be understanding and welcoming to the company if they knew the people responsible for the stupid decisions are gone. It'd be the feel-good movie of the fall.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I guess I'm a retard because I'd consider buying the company if I had some money and the price were right.
Akio is currently radioactive. Doesn't matter what you do to change people's minds, it's still going to be associated with hiring a fifteen-year-old and forbidding talents from having partners, and it's going to flop. You might as well warm yourself by burning $50 notes.

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I guess I'm a retard because I'd consider buying the company if I had some money and the price were right. It'd be turnkey - the talent and managers and back-end stuff are all already in place, so there'd be no need to do recruiting or anything like that. First order of business would be to ditch the kid and anyone other than Jason involved in her hiring. Second would be to tweet that the company is under new management, we're going to set things right, and we hope that fans will stick with our amazing talents as we go through the changes and so on. Third would be to go to the talents who have quit and beg them to come back, and if they say no, tell them the door's always open if they change their mind (and don't recast their models). Then maybe do some goodwill stuff for the community - fundraisers for the ASPCA, or let the streamers do 48-hour donothons where we take 0%, that sort of thing. I think viewers would be understanding and welcoming to the company if they knew the people responsible for the stupid decisions are gone. It'd be the feel-good movie of the fall.
You're naive if you think it's that easy to run an agency, specially one that's imploding atm.

God's Wingiest Winger

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
You're naive if you think it's that easy to run an agency, specially one that's imploding atm.
No let him cook, we could buy their assets and their contracts as a site. It would be hilariously disasterous

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
No let him cook, we could buy their assets and their contracts as a site. It would be hilariously disasterous
who volunteers to live in taiwan?

Kalion

:)

Maria had a twitter space. Mostly just a zatsu and saying she can't talk about where she's been. Mentioned getting white hairs from stress, cried for a bit. Also wants an NSFW tag.
Archive here: https://gofile.io/d/TCdlrC

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Bruh that kinda sucks honestly. At this point, we should just fund an actual Asylum for all of the girls that have gotten fucked over by small corpos and their shitty decisions.

Honestly its not a terrible idea if I had a bunch of money to just throw around. I feel like the general Vtuber "community" would react positively to it. The main issue is after the first few months have enough momentum to keep most of the viewers interested before they all fuck off to their separate corner. Hell, get rid of the minor but keep her stop open if she still wants to join after she is of age. That way you get rid of the bit red flag but at the same time you dont fuck the kid over by leaving the door open to them.

Akio is currently radioactive. Doesn't matter what you do to change people's minds, it's still going to be associated with hiring a fifteen-year-old and forbidding talents from having partners, and it's going to flop. You might as well warm yourself by burning $50 notes.
Hard disagree, you can really turn shit around with a shitload of goodwill and money. If they see that the company is doing all it can to push the talents, the general public will react positively to it.

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
(Edit: See the OP for an updated version of this post.)

I realized I promised somewhere in this thread I'd write an OP for it if nobody else did and then just forgot to. Let's see if I can outline one right now and you all can tell me what I missed.

AkioAIR, Taiwan-based agency, but all streamers speak English. "Season 1" debuted March 11/12, 2022: Athena Nightingale, Roa Fen, MEW Horizon, Nonoah, Kion Dojima. CEO is Jason Kuo (郭宇軒) (searching that name will return a Wikipedia page about a Taiwanese cartoonist but I'm guessing they're not the same person).

August 19, 2023. Someone on /vt/ claiming to be a new Akio talent claims Akio is a black company and that Jason forces talent to play games and socialize with him and misappropriates funds. These posts go largely ignored outside 4chan.

August 21-27. AkioAIR begins to tweet silhouettes of their "Season 2" members and accounts start to go live:

- Teyra Fenthera
- Vix E Grey
- Princess Nophi
- Azuri Delfi
- Hoshikuzu Orion
- Chiyori Ikogara

The silhouette for Princess Nophi says "banged ur mom."

Rumors begin to swirl about the identity of the streamers. It is now believed that Teyra was Megumi Kuragiri, Tsunderia survivor Maria Paradisia was Chiyori (need good link for this), Vix was Bunie, Orion was Amemachi Hanabi, and most importantly Nophi was Valera Kitsu of MysteriaLive and Charlotte Kaneko of AuroraLiveVR. (Did we know who Delfi was/is?) The latter is relevant because it is believed she was hired by those agencies while underage and still underage, and that she was forced to perform creepy roleplay in MysteriaLive. She is believed to live somewhere in Europe, possibly Belgium. However, outside VT schizothreads, this information largely goes unnoticed.

September 5. Things kick off when AkioAIR tweets a wall of text image saying that Nophi is a minor and asking artists not to lewd her. Backlash is fierce and immediate. Why hire a minor? Why tell the world she is a minor? "banged ur mom" silhouette image is brought up, and NSFW accounts are found among Nophi's follow list. Some people notice that Akio's application requiremens require applicants to be 18 years old. Aforementioned /vt/ posts resurface.

September 6. Having largely ignored the backlash to their previous tweet, AkioAIR tweets out a teaser for a music video for the new gen and announces they will debut on September 15-16. Replies are unimpressed. Discussion continues. Dramatubers Kuri Rinji and Khyo make videos.

September 6-7. Twitter activity for all new member accounts except Nophi and Delfi ceases, though it would be a few days before people notice. Maria Paradisia resurfaces to tweet "I'm tired." Megumi Kuragiri likes it.

September 9. AkioAIR tweets another text-image. Management will take over Nophi's Twitter account, and please don't harass our other members. Includes a confusing word-salad paragraph about how Nophi is a minor but isn't being treated like one, or something like that. No clarification is forthcoming.

September 13. /vt/ post claims some talents have walked and that Jason is rushing to find new talents to use their models.

September 14. AkioAIR tweets that debuts scheduled to start on the 16th will be postponed "due to unfortunate circumstances and considerations for our talents' health." Bunie tweets announcing a redebut and week-long emergency donothon. Maria returns and considers a donothon. Megumi Kuragiri announces a return. Hanabi tweets, but had been tweeting somewhat regularly before then and doesn't announce a return.

September 17. Season 1's Athena Nightingale removes mention of Akio from her Twitter profile, though it still exists on her YouTube channel. As of time of writing no explanation of this has been forthcoming.

September 18. Season 1's MEW Horizon, who had been on health hiatus, tweets saying "Please avoid mentioning AkioAIR matters on my stream" (what stream?) and "Things are difficult now and only time will tell."

September 19. Maria does a Twitter space where she admits to being stressed and cries. She says she can't talk about where she's been.

Damn, that took longer than I thought it would.

Last edited:

Johnny Jambalaya

BlueSharkTV alt account
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I realized I promised somewhere in this thread I'd write an OP for it if nobody else did and then just forgot to. Let's see if I can outline one right now and you all can tell me what I missed.

AkioAIR, Taiwan-based agency, but all streamers speak English. "Season 1" debuted March 11/12, 2022: Athena Nightingale, Roa Fen, MEW Horizon, Nonoah, Kion Dojima. CEO is Jason Kuo (郭宇軒) (searching that name will return a Wikipedia page about a Taiwanese cartoonist but I'm guessing they're not the same person).

August 19, 2023. Someone on /vt/ claiming to be a new Akio talent claims Akio is a black company and that Jason forces talent to play games and socialize with him and misappropriates funds. These posts go largely ignored outside 4chan.

August 21-27. AkioAIR begins to tweet silhouettes of their "Season 2" members and accounts start to go live:

- Teyra Fenthera
- Vix E Grey
- Princess Nophi
- Azuri Delfi
- Hoshikuzu Orion
- Chiyori Ikogara

The silhouette for Princess Nophi says "banged ur mom."

Rumors begin to swirl about the identity of the streamers. It is now believed that Teyra was Megumi Kuragiri, Tsunderia survivor Maria Paradisia was Chiyori (need good link for this), Vix was Bunie, Orion was Amemachi Hanabi, and most importantly Nophi was Valera Kitsu of MysteriaLive and Charlotte Kaneko of AuroraLiveVR. (Did we know who Delfi was/is?) The latter is relevant because it is believed she was hired by those agencies while underage and still underage, and that she was forced to perform creepy roleplay in MysteriaLive. She is believed to live somewhere in Europe, possibly Belgium. However, outside VT schizothreads, this information largely goes unnoticed.

September 5. Things kick off when AkioAIR tweets a wall of text image saying that Nophi is a minor and asking artists not to lewd her. Backlash is fierce and immediate. Why hire a minor? Why tell the world she is a minor? "banged ur mom" silhouette image is brought up, and NSFW accounts are found among Nophi's follow list. Some people notice that Akio's application requiremens require applicants to be 18 years old. Aforementioned /vt/ posts resurface.

September 6. Having largely ignored the backlash to their previous tweet, AkioAIR tweets out a teaser for a music video for the new gen and announces they will debut on September 15-16. Replies are unimpressed. Discussion continues. Dramatubers Kuri Rinji and Khyo make videos.

September 6-7. Twitter activity for all new member accounts except Nophi and Delfi ceases, though it would be a few days before people notice. Maria Paradisia resurfaces to tweet "I'm tired." Megumi Kuragiri likes it.

September 9. AkioAIR tweets another text-image. Management will take over Nophi's Twitter account, and please don't harass our other members. Includes a confusing word-salad paragraph about how Nophi is a minor but isn't being treated like one, or something like that. No clarification is forthcoming.

September 13. /vt/ post claims some talents have walked and that Jason is rushing to find new talents to use their models.

September 14. AkioAIR tweets that debuts scheduled to start on the 16th will be postponed "due to unfortunate circumstances and considerations for our talents' health." Bunie tweets announcing a redebut and week-long emergency donothon. Maria returns and considers a donothon. Megumi Kuragiri announces a return. Hanabi tweets, but had been tweeting somewhat regularly before then and doesn't announce a return.

September 17. Season 1's Athena Nightingale removes mention of Akio from her Twitter profile, though it still exists on her YouTube channel. As of time of writing no explanation of this has been forthcoming.

September 18. Season 1's MEW Horizon, who had been on health hiatus, tweets saying "Please avoid mentioning AkioAIR matters on my stream" (what stream?) and "Things are difficult now and only time will tell."

September 19. Maria does a Twitter space where she admits to being stressed and cries. She says she can't talk about where she's been.

Damn, that took longer than I thought it would.
Once this is all set I can copy an old post of yours to this thread and then copy this text to it. Just let me know.

Edit: OP inserted

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Archive.is seems broken currently but screenshot attached. Note that puts the debuts later than they said in the last message.

Attachments

• akio-9-19.png
    akio-9-19.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 9

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Archive.is seems broken currently but screenshot attached. Note that puts the debuts later than they said in the last message.

We're gonna get a new delay announcement every few days until the company dies, aren't we?

Top Bottom