"BLÅHAJ is more than just a shark to some people (all of them). BLÅHAJ is a way of life. BLÅHAJ is beloved by people of all walks of life. Young, old, Rin, British people, other people, Rin, my dad laughs at me but he doesn't count, Rin, the president (Rin), and BLÅHAJ love BLÅHAJ. In this way, it could be said that something that provides light and comfort for so many people across all of Society is a necessity, in the same way that food and transportation are. You wouldn't let Rin starve, would you?"Rin Penrose

AkioAIR: Hiring a minor was only the tip of the mismanagement iceberg. How to destroy an agency in under 1 month.

Kuri Rinji

Red Nousagi
Let's see, in the last 2 days the Twitter retards have likely made things much worse for her by:

1. Starting an INTERNET petition to get her out of the company.
2. Calling her racist because of the slavery joke and making it into an even bigger deal than the very fact that AikoAIR employed a minor.
3. Making a big deal out of her channel and tag name "Nophilia", insisting that the "-phillia" suffix has sexual connotations.

Twitter sure is doing a great job protecting a kid, as expected.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
anyone know what rank she is in lol?

ok @thhrang angg how is this bait???

Last edited:

Pyhf

On a side note, there doesn't seem to be any activity from Kion on YT or Twitter recently, and no announcement of any sort of hiatus.
She had throat surgery i think and has been on hiatus for months now to recuperate and not strain her voice too much. She then sorta came back a couple months later but only posting shorts of her previous covers mostly. However, still no full stream because I don't know how long it takes to recover after surgery

But yeah. As you said, no activity whatsoever which is a bit concerning. Im just thinking (hoping) that she just ran out of ideas to post on shorts, but why not say anything on twitter?

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Let's see, in the last 2 days the Twitter retards have likely made things much worse for her by:

1. Starting an INTERNET petition to get her out of the company.
2. Calling her racist because of the slavery joke and making it into an even bigger deal than the very fact that AikoAIR employed a minor.
3. Making a big deal out of her channel and tag name "Nophilia", insisting that the "-phillia" suffix has sexual connotations.

Twitter sure is doing a great job protecting a kid, as expected.

Twitter is as effective protection as a chickenwire condom.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Fresh tweet:

I don't understand what they're saying in the "We want to inform you" paragraph at all. "We recognized her legal and cultural eligibility to make decisions?" What?

NOTICE

We would like to express our gratitude to everyone for the valuable feedback and comments received concerning our previous notice regarding Nophi. In response, we are committed to providing further details to enhance transparency in our actions.

First and foremost, we acknowledge that we should have taken proactive steps to provide greater protection for Nophis Twitter account from the outset. To address this, we have implemented the following policies:

• Our management team will now oversee Nophi's Twitter account temporarily before relaying any information to her.
Any comments, regardless of intent, that could be construed as attacks, harassment, or those that we believe would make Nophi highly uncomfortable, will be moderated through pruning hiding, and blocking for Nophis well-being.

• Due to the extensive scrutiny and potential misinterpretation of tweets, likes, and comments, Nophi's Twitter account will now serve exclusively for official announcements and will not be used for personal commentary at this time.

Furthermore, we would like to apologize for any delay in addressing rumors.

We want to inform you, with Nophi and her legal guardian's external expression, that she will be receiving her legal majority status next year. While we have recognized her legal and cultural eligibility to make decisions, exercise civil rights, and participate in elections, which may be acceptable for individuals aged 18 and older in other regions, we had initially declared her as a minor. This was done in the interest of maintaining transparency on this matter.

[Regarding Harassment Directed Towards Our Talents)

During our audition process, we enlist external members to assist in evaluating the audition applications. We wish to emphasize that none of our onboarding talents participated in the decision-making process concerning the recruitment of other talents.

The responsibility for evaluating Nophis abilities and bringing her on board lies solely with our management team. Our talents were not involved in this process, nor were they aware of any decision-making aspects or consulted on AkioAIR's choices of talent.

We kindly request that any concerns or feedback related to our decision to include Nophi not be directed towards our talents. They are not involved in her recruitment or in our contractual relationship with her. Instead, if you have feedback, please direct your communication to management (gnt@akioair.com) rather than harassing our talents, and we will address it through the appropriate channels.

F5nvLVrWgAAg007.png

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Fresh tweet:

I don't understand what they're saying in the "We want to inform you" paragraph at all. "We recognized her legal and cultural eligibility to make decisions?" What?

NOTICE

We would like to express our gratitude to everyone for the valuable feedback and comments received concerning our previous notice regarding Nophi. In response, we are committed to providing further details to enhance transparency in our actions.

First and foremost, we acknowledge that we should have taken proactive steps to provide greater protection for Nophis Twitter account from the outset. To address this, we have implemented the following policies:

• Our management team will now oversee Nophi's Twitter account temporarily before relaying any information to her.
Any comments, regardless of intent, that could be construed as attacks, harassment, or those that we believe would make Nophi highly uncomfortable, will be moderated through pruning hiding, and blocking for Nophis well-being.

• Due to the extensive scrutiny and potential misinterpretation of tweets, likes, and comments, Nophi's Twitter account will now serve exclusively for official announcements and will not be used for personal commentary at this time.

We want to inform you, with Nophi and her legal guardian's external expression, that she will be receiving her legal majority status next year. While we have recognized her legal and cultural eligibility to make decisions, exercise civil rights, and participate in elections, which may be acceptable for individuals aged 18 and older in other regions, we had initially declared her as a minor. This was done in the interest of maintaining transparency on this matter.

During our audition process, we enlist external members to assist in evaluating the audition applications. We wish to emphasize that none of our onboarding talents participated in the decision-making process concerning the recruitment of other talents.

The responsibility for evaluating Nophis abilities and bringing her on board lies solely with our management team. Our talents were not involved in this process, nor were they aware of any decision-making aspects or consulted on AkioAIR's choices of talent.

We kindly request that any concerns or feedback related to our decision to include Nophi not be directed towards our talents. They are not involved in her recruitment or in our contractual relationship with her. Instead, if you have feedback, please direct your communication to management (gnt@akioair.com) rather than harassing our talents, and we will address it through the appropriate channels.

View attachment 44441

This shit just confused me More:
"We want to inform you, with Nophi and her legal guardian's external expression, that she will be receiving her legal majority status next year. While we have recognized her legal and cultural eligibility to make decisions, exercise civil rights, and participate in elections, which may be acceptable for individuals aged 18 and older in other regions, we had initially declared her as a minor. This was done in the interest of maintaining transparency on this matter".

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

This shit just confused me More:
"We want to inform you, with Nophi and her legal guardian's external expression, that she will be receiving her legal majority status next year. While we have recognized her legal and cultural eligibility to make decisions, exercise civil rights, and participate in elections, which may be acceptable for individuals aged 18 and older in other regions, we had initially declared her as a minor. This was done in the interest of maintaining transparency on this matter".
To make it worse, places like Japan the legal majority age is actually 20.

Trying to back-translate this through what they were thinking... I have an idea. Taiwan changes Legal Majority Age to 18 from 20; Takes effect Jan 1, 2023.

Nophi is of voting age in wherever she is, but wasn't 20 when she signed up with them in 2022, since she would still be a "minor" in Taiwan until January 1, 2023 to their business.

Or, to be even more complicated: The age of majority is 18 years in all EU Member States except for Scotland, where children are considered to have full legal capacity from the age of 16 years. The pictures Nophi has posted is somewhere in the northern European island countries, either Ireland or the UK by architecture. If she's actually based in Scotland, signed with a Taiwanese company in 2022, she would be an adult in Scotland at age 16, a Minor in Taiwan, but Taiwan's laws just changed and she'll be age of majority there either this year or next year. (And I really hope we're not going to get East Asian Age conventions either!)

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
They have to have written this as complicated as possible on purpose, I refuse to believe a human read through this statement and thought "yeah, this will fix everything"

niggaphil

Fresh tweet:

NOTICE

View attachment 44441

This is what I said earlier on, the effort of < 1K USD PR manager writing chink english to handle the PR disaster. Their english are really bad because I deal with them before, and they probably just use google translate or shit to translate the chinese into english, and post it in twitter. :smugselen:

They have to have written this as complicated as possible on purpose, I refuse to believe a human read through this statement and thought "yeah, this will fix everything"
Most taiwanese know jack shit of english. When they write an english document, they will first write it in Chinese, then using their own intepretation, and convert into very broken english. Some use google translation to translate it, and they don't do proof-reading. Thats why you see this funny, complex, and unreasonable english.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
So is Valeria Kitsu of MysteriaLive and Charlotte Kaneko of Auroralive the same person as Nophi? I found this document (warning: Google Docs. PDF dump attached) which links Kaneko to an account called "zeno" (@zenowo_ on Twitter, zenowovt on Twitch) who first tweeted the same day Kaneko graduated, and who used a similar writing style for her Twitch profile. Here's images of Kaneko's and Zeno's Twitch profile. I think there's enough coincidences here to say these are almost certainly the same people - "f.a.q" without a period after the "q", and frequently putting a space where there shouldn't be one before punctuation - "join her ?" and "who r u ?"

unnamed.png
unnamed-1.png

Okay, so having some writing patterns, can we link Valeria/Charlotte/Zeno to Nophi? Zeno did retweet a few AkioAir things and make some similar jokes as pointed out in the document. However, it could just be different people using the same memes or playing the same games. Can we find any other similarities?

Here's four tweets I found without much effort where she's doing the weird space thing (There are more but I won't bother screenshotting all them.) One is her pinned tweet and the other is her retweet of Akio's announcement about her age. No, this is not conclusive evidence, but this is an odd-enough quirk that I'm now convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Nophi is Valeria/Charlotte. (Another weaker similarity I noticed is that despite not using punctuation at the end of a sentence correctly, Nophi and Valeria/Charlotte/Zeno both will, with some exceptions, use apostrophes correctly in words like "don't" and "they've" where most lazy all-lowercase writers would just omit them and write "dont" and "theyve.")

nophi-1.png
nophi-2.png
nophi-3.png
nophi-4.png

I know this was already taken for granted by the /vt/ rumor mill but I guess I was still holding out a little hope that Akio was just stupid and not maliciously stupid, but that benefit of the doubt is gone for me now.

Attachments

• Information about AkioAir and Nophi.pdf
    9 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
we could have had phase league wars 2 with akioair replacing tsunderia if akio wasnt a massive fuckup of a company. this is very sad

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
voice comparison between valera, charlotte, and zeno - i'm not the best with voices (especially in english) but sounds the same to me

other similarities with nophi i happened to notice-
obsession with league (mentioned by valera, charlotte, and nophi)
obsession with frogs (mentioned by valera and nophi, zeno also had a frog themed model)

if akio had hired literally any other kid i wouldn't care as much bc she's 17- but i've watched enough clips of this kid to say that she isn't some sort of never-before-seen vtuber talent. she's an average kid with a typical cute vtuber voice. akio saw that she was really desperate and naive and probably wouldn't ever push back against them or try to negotiate, so they took her. groomer shit 100%

edit: she's probably 16, almost 17, akio's statement was just poorly written, the bastards.

Last edited:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
Wait, so she's almost barely legal and not an actual whole child? That's less funny of a fuckup, moreso that if they just sucked it up and didn't say shit, in a year it wouldn't have made a difference but I guess they'd still have no audience if they didn't generate drama somehow.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Wait, so she's almost barely legal and not an actual whole child? That's less funny of a fuckup, moreso that if they just sucked it up and didn't say shit, in a year it wouldn't have made a difference but I guess they'd still have no audience if they didn't generate drama somehow.

If she is 15 and in a region where age of majority is 16, then yes. I know some people on Twitter think this whole thing was just an attention grab, and I guess it is in that a lot more people have heard of Nophi than otherwise would have, but despite everything in the world I still sometimes have a hard time people can be as dumb as they end up being, so who knows.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
If she is 15 and in a region where age of majority is 16, then yes. I know some people on Twitter think this whole thing was just an attention grab, and I guess it is in that a lot more people have heard of Nophi than otherwise would have, but despite everything in the world I still sometimes have a hard time people can be as dumb as they end up being, so who knows.

You have far too much optimism for the average person. It's easier to presume that the average joe on the street is a meat homonculus until they are proven otherwise.

MagicHammer

Thought I'd note some of the talents haven't been on Twitter for 5-6 days at this point, after all tweeting multiple times a day for the previous couple of weeks. No one has tweeted since the updated response was put out by management.
Debuts are less than 4 days away and everyone's gone silent, no waiting rooms either.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
If they tried to keep quiet about it and just let her make sex jokes and have fans draw porn of her then it would've been an even bigger scandal than the current mess when she inevitably got doxed. There's no correct way to have handled the situation other than "reapply when you're 18".

Yes I know, Haachama/Shion etc., "junior idol" shit's far more tolerated in Japan which is its own problem.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I don't care if she's nearly legal in her country. Firstly, she still isn't of legal age. Secondly, it doesn't make it any better that there are people that are going to be interacting with Nophilia in ways that are not appropriate when the legal age in their country is 18. It's incredibly creepy.

18 is a good minimum age for a vtuber.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter

Kalion

:)

A
lol
lmao even

Posted yesterday, of course take with a grain of salt due to being just some 4chan post.
1694713143217.png

Top Bottom