"So uh... after the stream... you wanna show me your Bionicles?"Noir Vesper

Production Kawaii Disintegration & Post-Mortem

polior

The age of corpo vtubing is over. There will be the monoliths and the indies. I firmly believe that there's room for maybe one more actually profitable corpo out there (I'm betting it's Variance Project). ALL the others will be loss-leaders at best, or doomed to spiral at worse. That's not based on any secret knowledge, I simply don't see any market reason why it could be any other way.
We'll still have small 2-view agencies, but they'll be managed part-time by like 1 hobbyist who's skimming a tiny amount of revenue from a bunch of hobby VTubers.

The monoliths will be the only ones that can support all talents and a large staff as full-time workers.

frz

We'll still have small 2-view agencies, but they'll be managed part-time by like 1 hobbyist who's skimming a tiny amount of revenue from a bunch of hobby VTubers.

The monoliths will be the only ones that can support all talents and a large staff as full-time workers.
Actually can we talk about this "monoliths". I'm strictly speaking about the EN scene from this point on:

Going forward the obvious candidates for monoliths are Vshojo, Brave, Nijisanji, Hololive
But NijisanjiEN is already dying, they are debuting new waves at 2 views. They will be debutting more 2-views probably
>that can support all talents and a large staff as full-time workers
NijiEN is definitely not in this category.

Brave is hardly a monoliths, it's a collection of small corpos. They haven't really pushed for any corpo-wide collaborations. Talents accross branches are not introduced to one another (you won't see the globie girls collabing with the VSPOen girls anytime soon). Except for throwing money into 3D and very segregated concerts, Brave hasn't showed much interest in terms of "unity" or "monoliths".

Vshojo main model is poach instead of supporting new vtubers. Hololive at best do 1 gen of 4 a year, and they are already slowing down recruitment in the ID/JP scene.

Honestly I kinda disagree with the era of monoliths sentiment. Since Brave is a collections of small corpos. NijiEN slowly reclining to mid-small corpo status. Mythos, Nexas, Miriam, Bond, whatever that new lore corpo is named, etc. are entering the scene and there are probably more and more small corpos are being made. This is still the small corpo era but instead of unity, everything is completely disjointed.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
everything she eats goes to her ass.
FM2Dig5VIAM9ZDT
She's got a nice dumpy :shiinastare::shiinastare::shiinastare:

Landphobic

Just don't like it
Brave is hardly a monoliths, it's a collection of small corpos. They haven't really pushed for any corpo-wide collaborations. Talents accross branches are not introduced to one another (you won't see the globie girls collabing with the VSPOen girls anytime soon). Except for throwing money into 3D and very segregated concerts, Brave hasn't showed much interest in terms of "unity" or "monoliths".
Brave definitely seem to have pushed hard to have all their non-JP branches represented in the Rocking Relay that Kanna from PixelLink and Mariya from V4Mirai organised. They even threw in Remia as the token VSPO.
View attachment 79482
Kanna and Mariya have been cooking the mother of all small corpo/indie karaoke relays
Full line-up:
PixelLink
Kanna Yanagi
Raki Kazuki
Miuna Usako
Lottie Shinju
Chiaki Katsumi
Arisu Oshiro
Daiya Fortuna
V4Mirai
Kou Mariya
Serina Maiko
Yae Yugiri
Mono Monet
REM Kanashibari
Alias Anono
Rara Rocora
idol-EN
Roca Rourin
Poko Rakun
Shabel Tonya
Chikafuji Lisa
Enya Ignis
idol-ES
Ruby Runeheart
Akugaki Koa
Taiga Toragami
VSPO! EN
Remia Aotsuki
globie
Kumanui Miel
Reina Ronronea
Taring Hu
Bonnie Barkswell
V-Dere
Mozumi Pichi
kirispica
Airi Viridis
Elia Stellaria
V&U
Kokone Yurikago
Cyon Hart
Lyora Walkyria
EIEN Project
Amora Lumina
Production kawaii
Tomoe Carmine
Hiyori Mokami
Navina Nova
Specialite
Lumi Yukime
Playasia
Obake PAM
Indies
BriAtCookiebox
Kira Lily
Utano Pandora
Yura Rikudou
Nana Asteria
Pleiades Lillie
Lumin Tsukiboshi
All rock songs, all archived :nenebased:
Kinda funny how they managed to get so many Project Kawaii girls and the V-Deres given their history together, plus knowing now that things had already gone to shit for the former and the latter seem to be on thin ice.
Will this event be the last hurrah of small corpo unity? I won't be surprised if in 1-2 years all of the EN agencies listed there are gone or will have become part of Brave.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
She's got a nice dumpy :shiinastare::shiinastare::shiinastare:
She has a lot of more flattering picture than the ones posted here. She still has a weird face though.

polior

Kinda funny how they managed to get so many Project Kawaii girls and the V-Deres given their history together, plus knowing now that things had already gone to shit for the former and the latter seem to be on thin ice.
V-Dere is very friendly with Kawaii gen 4, since they were never associated with each other within Kawaii, and Kawaii didn't ban them from interacting either.
Actually can we talk about this "monoliths". I'm strictly speaking about the EN scene from this point on:

Going forward the obvious candidates for monoliths are Vshojo, Brave, Nijisanji, Hololive
Actually, I'd just say Hololive and Phase are the safe bets, for now.

Nijisanji's future is grim, Brave has a huge financial burden to overcome before it can be considered stable (see other comments about that), and VShojo is something entirely different that can't really be compared to a normal agency. Then there's Mythic, which I might lump with VShojo as basically being an indie support network, but it also has some trouble behind the scenes that could affect its future.

I'm placing my bets on Brave and Mythic pulling through, though. And VShojo will exist as a top competitor, even if it's not the same type of group as the others mentioned. So 5 monoliths, with Niji (hopefully) being cannibalized by them.

tgmslc

bro really named 2 branch started entirely using brave fuck you money.....
My bad, I forgot you can't throw a fucking dart in the small corpo scene without hitting a Brave property.

x Hades Stamps

Vshojo main model is poach instead of supporting new vtubers. Hololive at best do 1 gen of 4 a year, and they are already slowing down recruitment in the ID/JP scene.
I remember when they were manly adoption-based, which isn’t bad at all, but definitely very different from the reincarnation.
Honestly I kinda disagree with the era of monoliths sentiment. Since Brave is a collections of small corpos. NijiEN slowly reclining to mid-small corpo status. Mythos, Nexas, Miriam, Bond, whatever that new lore corpo is named, etc. are entering the scene and there are probably more and more small corpos are being made. This is still the small corpo era but instead of unity, everything is completely disjointed.
I wouldn’t call this mess the “small corpo era.”

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Imo Vtubing eras could be divided into:

Kizuna-Kings Era
Which obviously begins with Kizuna's debut and the early vtubing cabal of OGs and early agencies and begins a slow decline after Holo and Niji appear and Niji popularizes Live2D, this could be extended all the way to 2020 if we take into account that the OGs didn't simply vanish and just slowly lost their relevancy and dominance.

Japanese Corpos Era
Which could begin at Kizuna's debut too since Activ8 is an important player for the next 4ish years but it truly peaks in 2018-2019 before the boom with Niji's early dominance and Holo's growth, it obviously ends at the boom when there is a massive shift in the industry.

Vtuber Boom Era
Arguably begins with the debut of Holo JP gen 4 but could be pegged as early as Gen 3 with the slow growth of Vtubing in the west, in 2020 it kicks into overdrive and the western market is validated for the first time, I'd extend it all the way until Luxiem's debut since the Boom kept going during 2021.

Post Boom/Big two Era
This era is defined by Holo and Niji dominating the new market and trading Ls and Ws constantly for 3 odd years, it also marks the growth of the indie and small corpo scene after the initial boom and it defines our current industry.

Drama/Stagnation Era
Niji's decline ends the era of the big two, the corpos which surged after the boom all slowly implode, Selen's termination invites scrutiny from beyond the vtuber industry and the discourse becomes overwhelmingly negative, this transition is still ongoing and the next 2 or so years will define what this time period is truly known as.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
The age of corpo vtubing is over. There will be the monoliths and the indies. I firmly believe that there's room for maybe one more actually profitable corpo out there (I'm betting it's Variance Project). ALL the others will be loss-leaders at best, or doomed to spiral at worse. That's not based on any secret knowledge, I simply don't see any market reason why it could be any other way.
The age of Tier C corpos, everyone that want to get in the game now has to invest hard in getting their name know and entice people to come in to watch, creating a corpo will be more expensive, the only good thing about it is that groomers will have to get smarter and richer to get their anime waifus

Grandmaster Robin

calm down lol

Keep in mind that many fans were probably subbed to more than one talent. The real number is probably no more than half that if I had to guess.
To add to this a lot of those subs were bots. Youtube added a feature that lets you pay for advertisements inserted as your video getting pushed in the recommended section off to the side. From experimenting it works in getting your sub numbers up but a lot of those subscribers had fuck knows whatever Indian names and doesn't lead to any substantial CCV growth. If you notice earlier this year the Kawaii girls started shooting up in sub numbers because management was paying for the service. Looks good at first glance, but leads to people like Shee that have over 120k subscribers and barely breaking 2 view status

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
The total price of her audio setup has gone up to $20,698 now:rikutazumi:
Cool story Nene let me just go grab my $20 ear buds so I can fully appreciate this expensive sound.

Spends $20k on audio equipment but little does she know I watch ASMR on mute.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Getting back on track to the decline of PK, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like Nene was the only one out of the entire corpo to ever have sustained growth and make any decent money in superchats.
I'm not that well versed with Kawaii so anyone who watched them regularly, do you have any idea why?

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

everything she eats goes to her ass.
FM2Dig5VIAM9ZDT

I'm normally not one to be too critical of someone's look, but what in the shitty Photoshop skills happened to her face in this picture? "Horse-faced" is an insult not an aesthetic choice.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
I'm normally not one to be too critical of someone's look, but what in the shitty Photoshop skills happened to her face in this picture? "Horse-faced" is an insult not an aesthetic choice.

Whatever happened, happened to pretty much all her pictures because it all looks just as weird. So actually I suppose you could say it happened in utero.

Getting back on track to the decline of PK, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like Nene was the only one out of the entire corpo to ever have sustained growth and make any decent money in superchats.
I'm not that well versed with Kawaii so anyone who watched them regularly, do you have any idea why?

If there's one thing Amano can do it's GFE. I seem to recall she can also sing? I don't remember clearly it's been two years and I made an intentional effort to forget about her. All I really remember is the ASMR.

x Hades Stamps

Spooked But Lobotomized

"Can she sing?" She put out one song a week for the past month including an original, so judge for yourself

I learned this right now as I went to her channel to look for those eminem covers I remember her doing

Scrolling her videos tab, she put out a LOT of music. Funny, the most popular vids on her channel are horny bait >1 minute "shorts"

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
"Can she sing?" She put out one song a week for the past month including an original, so judge for yourself

I learned this right now as I went to her channel to look for those eminem covers I remember her doing

Scrolling her videos tab, she put out a LOT of music. Funny, the most popular vids on her channel are horny bait >1 minute "shorts"

God I hate women

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Most people only ever watched this bitch for GFE and coomerbait, what did you expect?

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
Top Bottom