"gacha games are poison. i like poison 🥹"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

Production Kawaii Disintegration & Post-Mortem

Helkar

Nah, starting vtuber corpo now entails 7-figure investment with extremely slim chances of even breaking even, nevermind actual profits. And with anything less - it's doomed be a small side hobby money sink project for the founder.
So why do so many new minicorpos seem to be popping up? Are the people founding them more stupid than retards from a vtubing gossip forum?...I mean okay they might be, but still.

God's Strongest Dragoon

So why do so many new minicorpos seem to be popping up? Are the people founding them more stupid than retards from a vtubing gossip forum?...I mean okay they might be, but still.
>be scam artist
>go to investors that know nothing about vtubing
>tell them how its a huge new media that's blowing up like crazy
>show them Hololive making a gajillion dollars, Gura with a retarded sub count, and having a dedicated night at the LA dodgers game
>some of the investors are so hands off because they're willing to throw away 100k on 50 different projects in the hope that one of them blows up into a huge company worth $100 million

This is how Silicon Valley has operated for the past ~20 years.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Smarter ones do it basically for fun (like Flork), others because they're profane and arrogant (AkioAIR, NOA) or outright scammers (VSEA, ProjectF)
Some think they can still jump into last wagon. But that last wagon was Phase.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
When they're the only ones still standing in the Killing Fields of small-tier corpos, can you blame them?
Yes.
Hard disagree. It is much harder now, that's for sure, but there will always be a market for group management of talents, and as long as that market exists, there will be orgs created to fill the need.
He's not saying that corpos have no purpose. He's saying that there are enough corpos for the size of the market. For new ones to thrieve, older corpos have to go. Or more men need to be permalone evervirgins. (There is a direct correlation between the appearance and popularity of vtubing and low birthrates. Vtubing is but the death throes of a society unfucking itself to extinction).
This is probs the biggest difference between the EN and JP corpo scene, whereas JPs just disappear off the internet after graduations/corpo explosion.
The recent Niji JP graduates just started solo careers, Rushia kept streaming, Mel kept streaming (flesh, admittedly)... I'm not really seeing it.

frz

The recent Niji JP graduates just started solo careers, Rushia kept streaming, Mel kept streaming (flesh, admittedly)... I'm not really seeing it.
My bad I didn't include Hololive and Nijisanji JP into "small corpos going bankrupt"

Negzana

For some reason I thought Lethe was part of the other Kawaii Project, probs due to being SEA. I hope she does well as Indie.

VSoyBoy

Nah, starting vtuber corpo now entails 7-figure investment with extremely slim chances of even breaking even, nevermind actual profits. And with anything less - it's doomed be a small side hobby money sink project for the founder.
You gotta be fucking with me at this point. Consider posting less.
I'm not even going to bother collating the posts where you disagree with yourself.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
For some reason I thought Lethe was part of the other Kawaii Project, probs due to being SEA. I hope she does well as Indie.
most gens seem to want to stick together so she will be fine, and I doubt they were getting proper management support as they joined close to the end of the corpo anyways, again not much will change for them.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
The fact that she debuted 8 months after Holo's Nene and named herself Nene looks less like a happy accident and more like intentional leeching after hearing about the Ina and Sana shit she pulled.

While also confusingly being the exact name of a Digimon Fusion character. If she did choose her own name, what do you think the chances are she opted to be a name-alike for an anime character in the hopes she could also game search engine hits to draw in clicks from people searching 'amano nene' hoping for the anime and instead getting a titty vtuber?

I don't know what to think of it offhand but I also feel like she's the only person I've seen who makes sure to remind people repeatedly that the KU100 ASMR mic is $10k+. Take a look at how many ASMR stream thumbnails she has where "$11,504 audio" is part of the text. I don't know what kind of purpose she has in doing that but I also know she got that mic funded in about 10 minutes during a donothon, so it's not like she struggled for the money. I wonder if it's supposed to be like "Look how much I spent on all this equipment!" as a means to show how invested she is. Really shows how dumb she is with money, I've seen mic rigs worth less than $2000 that are better for ASMR than an overpriced head aimed at bankbreaking ignorant thots.

It really makes you wonder how she paid for all that stuff (trip to japan, photographer, printing and distribution of her cosplay roms) if she's mediocre at best with her only thing being a fat white ass.

Cloudtomo whales. Aforementioned donothon I vaguely recall she made around 20k in less than an hour, and that was a few years back since I was still watching her on and off. All she'd need to do is indicate she wants something and the simps would break themselves in half bending over backwards for her.

I find the 'male voice yab' thing particularly funny though because well before there was any man-on-stream voice issue there was always sounds of movement and/or co-habitation which she blamed on "the big man upstairs" or whatever euphemism for God she used but I think she tried to handwave as being her dad.

fortnitesmasherX

Every single pic of Nene's face I've seen in cosplays is under several layers of image editing and makeup, you have to go all the way back to her old pre vtuber fleshstreams to even figure out where her face starts and the paint ends.
Where can I find her flesh streams?

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
One of the posts on her fanbox account answers the question of her ethnicity:
> 80%Italian, 20% Danish🇮🇹🇩🇰

Also, calling the last gen ephemira was quite prescient in retrospect.
Why do white weeb chicks keep trying to look Asian? It just makes them look like terrifying elf creatures

Also, not only does she already have a small chin, she for some bizarre reason keeps taking high angle shots that make her looks like her mouth is on the bottom of her absolute massive bulbous head

Like, God Damn woman, you need to learn how to take flattering photos

Negzana

Why do white weeb chicks keep trying to look Asian? It just makes them look like terrifying elf creatures

Also, not only does she already have a small chin, she for some bizarre reason keeps taking high angle shots that make her looks like her mouth is on the bottom of her absolute massive bulbous head

Like, God Damn woman, you need to learn how to take flattering photos
Asian women try to look like pale porcelain dolls, white women try to look asian.

I'm most affected because I prefer darker skinned waifus.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: sister cleaire, event horizon, no eyes
Early Adopter

So Lethe Bonapuchi just finished with the announcement stream, and while I didn't caught it (was busy cleaning houses alone without any backup), the gist I get from someone else who summarized it can be summed as:
- Her channel and her gen unit will stay. However she wouldn't be as active at making content in there after kawaii is ded.
- She joined Kawaii as Lethe pretty much for 3D support and concert stuff, but now that dream is dead (twice, if you know her back in ex-ID)
- Doesn't really have much opinion about the disintegration because she only joined for 6 month and all. Doesn't really feel anything about the announcement (even though she somewhat malding about it on her PL account)
- Will start collabing with ID vtubers now that she's not really restricted to using english
- Doesn't really say if she gonna join a corpo again, since she has done this for like, 4 years with nothing substantial coming out of it. That said, people probably not gonna be surprised if she joined AKA Virtual

That last one kind of popping out since she joked about it when interacting with AKA Virtual talent, Airi Cordelia on twitter

"Three times, get beautiful plate*"
"AKA Virtual, how you doing?"

*This is a reference to how in ID (atleast), some cleaning soap brand will have free plate if you buy like, three of them or some shit.

tl;dr Lethe gonna be fine, but she's probably not amused that her dream of 3d model and concert got fucked twice in a row. Takes it with shitposting grace, but is still stressed about it definitely.

tgmslc

1M subs over 15 talents is nothing, you can't break even with these stats unless you just sucking money out of talents for doing absolutely nothing.
1M over 15 talents is not much but imo with how shit this corpo was run I think it's kind of impressive that they even got this far. 1M still subbed to and watching a corpo who had an entire gen just pack up and fuck off tells me it could've easily been 2-3M if they'd stuck around.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
(There is a direct correlation between the appearance and popularity of vtubing and low birthrates. Vtubing is but the death throes of a society unfucking itself to extinction).

calm down lol

1M over 15 talents is not much but imo with how shit this corpo was run I think it's kind of impressive that they even got this far. 1M still subbed to and watching a corpo who had an entire gen just pack up and fuck off tells me it could've easily been 2-3M if they'd stuck around.

Keep in mind that many fans were probably subbed to more than one talent. The real number is probably no more than half that if I had to guess.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Keep in mind that many fans were probably subbed to more than one talent. The real number is probably no more than half that if I had to guess.
This is a meaningless observation as it also applies to virtually every other corpo.

tgmslc

I mean, fair, but 500,000 divided 15 ways is still about 30k per talent. That still puts them in the neighborhood of corpo's like Vspo or V4Mirai that don't seem to be dying anytime soon.
1000011282.png

1000011283.png

I still say that when you factor in losing an entire gen and the accompanying community fallout, there's plenty of room for corpo's to grow in this space if they're careful.

Last edited:

Helkar

That still puts them in the neighborhood of corpo's like Vspo or V4Mirai that don't seem to be dying anytime soon.
That is a really weird comparsion, when you're well aware that neither of those corpos is an independent actor - they're part of Brave, who - at least for the moment - has fuck-you money in the amounts unrivaled by anyone in the industry other than the big two.
They can afford to wait until their holdings start actually earning money.

Bug Eater

I don't know what to think of it offhand but I also feel like she's the only person I've seen who makes sure to remind people repeatedly that the KU100 ASMR mic is $10k+.
The total price of her audio setup has gone up to $20,698 now:rikutazumi:
Cool story Nene let me just go grab my $20 ear buds so I can fully appreciate this expensive sound.

frz

I still say that when you factor in losing an entire gen and the accompanying community fallout, there's plenty of room for corpo's to grow in this space if they're careful.
bro really named 2 branch started entirely using brave fuck you money.....
I dont think v4mirai and vspoEN are in anyway sustainable either. They are holding 3D streams and concerts for people with 30k subcribers. They are at the very least 6 figures in the red with no way of earning back that money.

Anyway subs earned 2 years ago doesn't mean jackshit. It's like looking at finana 500k subs and thinks she earns more money than Raora because raora has 390k subs, it aint works that way. I think kawaii is earning way less than the aforementioned 6 figures in the red branches even, just that they didn't spend insane money to rack up that huge cost like Brave does. The real figure you look at to estimate earning is CCV.

Nene is a low-mid 3-view and the rest streams to half a finana, some has even 1/4 finanas.

The company wouldn't be filing for bankruptcy if uh.. they actually are earning money. It's doing so bad even Brave didn't bother picking them up. I don't know why is it that hard to understand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom