"I'm gonna miss Furry ISIS"Pipkin Pippa

Pippakistan's Psych Ward v3

Helkar

RedRage

It's a good description honestly, Dyson vacuums have a high power mode that just drains the battery absurdly fast and is much louder then it's regular.
Thats for thick carpet and shit like shag rugs. The first setting is for normal carpet and hardfloors.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Thats for thick carpet and shit like shag rugs. The first setting is for normal carpet and hardfloors.
Sometimes you have to More Boil the rug.

Stunned But Dumb

Some guy who I've made up in my head: "I actually don't think Nasa is all that cut-"
Me:

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Does talking about wanting to do it in the past but being over it now count?
no, these comics are worthless now. thanks a lot pippa.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
This immediate gratification mindset is exactly why poors stay poor.
Maybe I'm off-base, but it feels like Pippa still has this mindset. She's opened two booster boxes this week worth over $150 each, she's no doubt throwing lots of money at her new horse gacha game, and before that, she came back from Japan where she bought just about every piece of vtuber merch she could possibly buy. For the second time this year. She also currently lives at home with her parents. I'm not saying she can't do any of this, but with all of it put together, Pippa doesn't seem like she's managing her money well, or has long-term financial plans she's working towards.

Being a YouTube personality has an unknown shelf life and you don't know how long their career will last before their audience moves on. Pewdiepie managed to save the money from his best years so he could retire in Japan, have a nice house, and can spend his time with his wife and son. He posts Youtube videos whenever he's in the mood. On the other hand, Boogie wasted the money from his best years on YouTube on garbage and hookers and now has to constantly debase himself online and fakes having cancer to get money. He has no choice but to continue with his career on Youtube, he doesn't have any other option. One life is infinitely more preferable to the other.

I'd like for Pippa to be in a good position whenever the boom of her career is over when she's making content for a smaller and more dedicated audience. I'm worried that if her current spending patterns continue she won't be.

Furious George

Low & Lazy
Maybe I'm off-base, but it feels like Pippa still has this mindset. She's opened two booster boxes this week worth over $150 each, she's no doubt throwing lots of money at her new horse gacha game, and before that, she came back from Japan where she bought just about every piece of vtuber merch she could possibly buy. For the second time this year. She also currently lives at home with her parents. I'm not saying she can't do any of this, but with all of it put together, Pippa doesn't seem like she's managing her money well, or has long-term financial plans she's working towards.

Being a YouTube personality has an unknown shelf life and you don't know how long their career will last before their audience moves on. Pewdiepie managed to save the money from his best years so he could retire in Japan, have a nice house, and can spend his time with his wife and son. He posts Youtube videos whenever he's in the mood. On the other hand, Boogie wasted the money from his best years on YouTube on garbage and hookers and now has to constantly debase himself online and fakes having cancer to get money. He has no choice but to continue with his career on Youtube, he doesn't have any other option. One life is infinitely more preferable to the other.

I'd like for Pippa to be in a good position whenever the boom of her career is over when she's making content for a smaller and more dedicated audience. I'm worried that if her current spending patterns continue she won't be.
You're not off base, I have no doubt she wastes a lot of money on useless crap. Not saying she has to live like Asmonbald but if she doesn't invest now she is going to run into trouble if her revenue takes a hit for whatever reason.
Some people don't realise how easy it is to burn through even 6 figures with nothing to show for it.

DogBone

I think the thing that makes the most sense is for Pippa to get some kind of financial advisor. Just pay a professional to look at her income and expenses to try and give her advice. Even if it's something as simple as Pippa being told to put a certain percentage into savings and giving her a budget for frivolous spending would help.
You're not off base, I have no doubt she wastes a lot of money on useless crap. Not saying she has to live like Asmonbald but if she doesn't invest now she is going to run into trouble if her revenue takes a hit for whatever reason.
Thinking about it now, I have no idea how bad Pippa would spiral if it happened. If something happened to Phase or a fraction of her audience just leaves, that'd be a huge blow to her finances. If Pippa ever ends up getting graduated, does she have anything as a nest egg? I think she'd be devastated if she was back at square one: living with her parents without a job. What makes a lot of sense is to save money and have a fallback plan. She has Yuni, but just because she has a PL doesn't mean she can pull a Dokibird, right?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I think the thing that makes the most sense is for Pippa to get some kind of financial advisor. Just pay a professional to look at her income and expenses to try and give her advice. Even if it's something as simple as Pippa being told to put a certain percentage into savings and giving her a budget for frivolous spending would help.

Thinking about it now, I have no idea how bad Pippa would spiral if it happened. If something happened to Phase or a fraction of her audience just leaves, that'd be a huge blow to her finances. If Pippa ever ends up getting graduated, does she have anything as a nest egg? I think she'd be devastated if she was back at square one: living with her parents without a job. What makes a lot of sense is to save money and have a fallback plan. She has Yuni, but just because she has a PL doesn't mean she can pull a Dokibird, right?
A financial advisor might cost a few hundred dollars but it would be money extremely well-spent. However, since Pippa hates spending any money, here's my budget solution: Pippa could set up a second bank account that you can't access online or through a card, so it limits how easily you can access it (and how easily wasteful you can be with that money). You can only access money by withdrawing it manually at the bank. Fishman could then put a portion of her money into the second bank account.

As I said, a financial advisor would be better, and you get what you pay for. But if Pippa's not going to spend that money, this is the budget solution.

Furious George

Low & Lazy

I would hope that Sakana would at least recommend that all of the girls get some financial advice, especially the extra retarded ones. The girls like Tenma, Airi & Shiina seem pretty responsible but some of the others I wouldn't trust with 20 bucks in a velcro wallet.

While she is young & earning big she should be aggressively investing in the stock market. She shouldn't even worry about buying property at this stage especially as she seems to change her mind on where she wants to live from week to week. Living at home with your parents isn't glamorous but it is a primo saving strat with the added bonus of having a close support network.

If something happened to PC or to her Pippa persona I'm pretty confident she could keep supporting herself from content creation even if she lost half of her audience. Plus, she seems to be generally well respected as a streamer so she will always have connections to fall back on. I don't think she would get the same level of support that Doki received but she will always be a 4 view now. Plus, Pippa off the corpo leash might attract an even larger & diverse audience for better or worse.

Helkar

You're assuming she'll ever do that in the first place, and even if she does, will ever listen to advice given to her. That's a lot of assumptions.
Overall, it seems that Pippa's finances are much safer when she isn't travelling.

The girls like Tenma, Airi & Shiina seem pretty responsible
Two of those people are borderline gambling addicts.

DogBone

You're assuming she'll ever do that in the first place, and even if she does, will ever listen to advice given to her.
Nah, when I say what Pippa should do, I do it knowing I'm like a little girl writing to Santa about how I want a pony. I want to be 🌈 because the alternative could lead to Pippa crashing and burning if it's too bad.
If something happened to PC or to her Pippa persona I'm pretty confident she could keep supporting herself from content creation even if she lost half of her audience.
I'm sure Pippa would have good audience retention, but I'm thinking about it as a mentally ill woman. I remember when Pippa was spiraling during a mental break about wanting to kill herself because she thought she hit peak, and everything going forward would all be down-hill. Maybe she's totally past it, but I could see her reacting poorly if she suddenly only had 999 viewers when she used to regularly get 2.5k.

Stunned But Dumb

Two of those people are borderline gambling addicts.
Remember the time Tenma spent so much on space boy booty gacha that her bank put a hold on her account
Remember that Shiina is constantly broke due to living in a state where chicken costs 40 bucks and yet she still spends like crazy on plushies and pokemon cards

These ladies are doomed. Also Sakana has given them financial advice before and tells them they should prepare themselves for life after vtubing in various ways. Like have back up plans and what not. Who takes his advice and who doesn't? well...

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Remember the time Tenma spent so much on space boy booty gacha that her bank put a hold on her account
Remember that Shiina is constantly broke due to living in a state where chicken costs 40 bucks and yet she still spends like crazy on plushies and pokemon cards

These ladies are doomed. Also Sakana has given them financial advice before and tells them they should prepare themselves for life after vtubing in various ways. Like have back up plans and what not. Who takes his advice and who doesn't? well...
Sakana spent fifty thousand dollars on mentally ill women in the hopes of getting his own Marine and he's still the most financially savvy person in Phase Connect.

Helkar

Also Sakana has given them financial advice before and tells them they should prepare themselves for life after vtubing in various ways. Like have back up plans and what not.
That's true actually, he's on record saying that.
Who takes his advice and who doesn't? well...
I was going to say "Runie immideately comes to mind", but Runie seems to have had her life well put together well before joining Phase, so that feels like cheating.

Stunned But Dumb

I was going to say "Runie immideately comes to mind", but Runie seems to have had her life well put together well before joining Phase, so that feels like cheating.
Runie is weird because she's a completely sane reasonable person locked in the asylum with irresponsible psychos. I remember that collab she had with Lumi and her girls (I cannot remember their names, it was that influencer game that's like lethal company) where she was just shocked and horrified and the various ways they say they enjoyed torturing and dumping their various mental illnesses on men.

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
I would hope that Sakana would at least recommend that all of the girls get some financial advice, especially the extra retarded ones. The girls like Tenma, Airi & Shiina seem pretty responsible but some of the others I wouldn't trust with 20 bucks in a velcro wallet.

While she is young & earning big she should be aggressively investing in the stock market. She shouldn't even worry about buying property at this stage especially as she seems to change her mind on where she wants to live from week to week. Living at home with your parents isn't glamorous but it is a primo saving strat with the added bonus of having a close support network.

If something happened to PC or to her Pippa persona I'm pretty confident she could keep supporting herself from content creation even if she lost half of her audience. Plus, she seems to be generally well respected as a streamer so she will always have connections to fall back on. I don't think she would get the same level of support that Doki received but she will always be a 4 view now. Plus, Pippa off the corpo leash might attract an even larger & diverse audience for better or worse.
Pippa definitely needs to work with someone to determine her objective on what she wants to do long term and set budget limits on trips & per month.
Because of how impulse she is with her spending (as she often easily rationalizes it as content), if she doesn't have anyone to set limits, she'll always waste money short-term on frivolous things, while forgetting about her more important long-term goals.
Not being disciplined, and not having limits beyond what is in her bank account, makes her waste a ridiculous amount of money because she'll always act like "I still have money in my account, I can afford to do whatever" meanwhile her goals get neglected.
She talks like it's a bubble, but acts like she'll always have this level of success, but what will she have left in 10-20 years if she keeps acting like this ?
I don't think anything else will do, she needs a financial advisor.

Helkar

Nah, when I say what Pippa should do, I do it knowing I'm like a little girl writing to Santa about how I want a pony. I want to be 🌈 because the alternative could lead to Pippa crashing and burning if it's too bad.
Not much anyone can do about it, unfortunately. Pippa being as stubborn as she is, i imagine even a person she trusts and holds in high regard would have severe trouble pushing her to stop with all the compulsory spending.

Honestly, in her current not-too-damaged mental state, living alone again would possibly be good for her.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Runie is weird because she's a completely sane reasonable person locked in the asylum with irresponsible psychos. I remember that collab she had with Lumi and her girls (I cannot remember their names, it was that influencer game that's like lethal company) where she was just shocked and horrified and the various ways they say they enjoyed torturing and dumping their various mental illnesses on men.
If anyone remembers this collab, can you link it for me? I'd love to watch this kino.

Helkar

If anyone remembers this collab, can you link it for me? I'd love to watch this kino.

There, VOD of Lina's POV survived(Lumi's and Olivia's are nowhere to be found).

Runie is weird because she's a completely sane reasonable person locked in the asylum with irresponsible psychos.
Runie has plenty of her own quirks, but overall, unlike Airi, who suffers on her day job, or Shiina, who's clearly glad to be a full-time content creator(or Pippa, who, when asked "it's content-creation or bust for you, right", replied "yeah, true"), Runie seems to at the very least not dislike her main occupation and is fully treating vtubing as an outlet for her creative drive.

Top Bottom