"Fun fact: trans people are based and cool"Midas

Pippakistan's Psych Ward v3

RedRage

Pippa you've never been in a natural disaster situation like this, so you have no real opinion on a situation like this. Even if it's not a milton situation, people use these scenarios to steal shit they don't need
What? Noooo, people wouldent take any opportunity to just steal shit

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
It's disappointing that she's such a fair-weather capitalist that she hasn't considered the correct approach is for those businesses to stay open and sell their emergency resources with a markup.

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I get where Pippa was going with it, people looting TVs from a store doesn't really matter in a large scale natural disaster, it's not good but it's not the end of the world. The big problem is the first looters will stripe mine the area and then people in the area who need medication, food, or whatever won't have access to it afterwards. The cops protecting the Walmart aren't just protecting TVs or the business, but the goods in that building that people need to survive which might not be easily brought in at a reasonable scale for a period of time after the disaster.

Al-Sandulishun

Annoyance

DogBone

So what she said is that you should be able to loot everyone because some businesses are more successful than others.
I know Pippa is a woman, but I really don't understand her worldview. If Pippa thinks she's some kind of libertarian, why is she okay with people getting their property stolen? Personally, I think it's commie gobblediegook.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I know Pippa is a woman, but I really don't understand her worldview. If Pippa thinks she's some kind of libertarian, why is she okay with people getting their property stolen? Personally, I think it's commie gobblediegook.
She is a woman, and women are more likely to fall for anti-capitalist emotional manipulation.

Al-Sandulishun

Annoyance
The sooner you realise she’s not a libertarian the saner you’ll be.

DTrp

"I would be shot at for her"
Disclaimer: Don't build a fire on your roof.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Correcting the years of public school indoctrination (along with general media) can take a good while.

Furious George

Low & Lazy
I get where Pippa was going with it, people looting TVs from a store doesn't really matter in a large scale natural disaster, it's not good but it's not the end of the world. The big problem is the first looters will stripe mine the area and then people in the area who need medication, food, or whatever won't have access to it afterwards. The cops protecting the Walmart aren't just protecting TVs or the business, but the goods in that building that people need to survive which might not be easily brought in at a reasonable scale for a period of time after the disaster.
I have been in a number of hurricanes and all of the food stores always sell out prior to them arriving and then they assign reserves to local authorities for distribution if necessary. There is literally no reason to break into stores unless you are after non-essential items.

Al-Sandulishun

Annoyance

DTrp

"I would be shot at for her"
fucking retard
afqqo1.png

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I have been in a number of hurricanes and all of the food stores always sell out prior to them arriving and then they assign reserves to local authorities for distribution if necessary. There is literally no reason to break into stores unless you are after non-essential items.
I've been in a couple danger zones and the fresh food sold out, a lot of the other food did as well, but there was still more left. The medication in the pharmacy is also usually not completely gone. I don't think you should loot just because there's a disaster, and ideally the resources that are vital would be taken only as needed, but people are animals and will strip the place of everything if it's free the first few hours.

Her point also wasn't about just looting but resources assigned to stop looting of TVs in natural disasters versus other means of aid. Sometimes the loss of the TVs is less important than stopping other issues.

Jacks Wasted Life

It's not about the merchandise, you need to restore order. Some people will go lord of the flies mode, and if a group of Best Buy looters catch a spray of LMG fire, the rest are more likely to behave and not cause even more problems in a time of chaos.

Martial law exists for a reason.

JMForte

Pippa takes are retarded, and I will never let her retarded takes get me down, because I know she's retarded.

The Peanut Gallery

Tis the Spooky Season. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER

Furious George

Low & Lazy
I've been in a couple danger zones and the fresh food sold out, a lot of the other food did as well, but there was still more left. The medication in the pharmacy is also usually not completely gone. I don't think you should loot just because there's a disaster, and ideally the resources that are vital would be taken only as needed, but people are animals and will strip the place of everything if it's free the first few hours.

Her point also wasn't about just looting but resources assigned to stop looting of TVs in natural disasters versus other means of aid. Sometimes the loss of the TVs is less important than stopping other issues.
They don't patrol for looters because of theft, they do it because looters are dangerous. They are opportunists who will commit worse crimes like murder if they are disturbed.

Al-Sandulishun

Annoyance

Sven

Top Bottom