"Meanwhile Shiina is already onboard the 'feet at 100k' train. I forgot how based she was."The Proctor

Pippakistan's Psych Ward v3

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

DogBone

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
1728699041624.png

Why is the ESL American-posting now?

Sven

Helkar

The amount of moralfaggotry around us being evil
See, i don't really get this one.
Like i've been here a few months now, sure i've seen people openly being assholes to some chuubas(which, realistically, is a branch falling in the forest anyway, those chuubas are unlikely to read those posts), but i've yet to notice any malicious intent, even with volatile cases like Hexa getting the boot.

...Am i evil too?

Hff201

Early Adopter
Like i've been here a few months now, sure i've seen people openly being assholes to some chuubas(which, realistically, is a branch falling in the forest anyway, those chuubas are unlikely to read those posts), but i've yet to notice any malicious intent, even with volatile cases like Hexa getting the boot.

...Am i evil too?
You don't understand.

We break kayfabe sometimes.

We're basically trying to kill people.

RedRage

...Am i evil too?
I can see a lot of that sentiment coming from how hard people here shit on the more parasocial fans and that aspect of the vtubing sphere in general, something that is more out of place here but more generally accepted on other sites that discuss vtubers. That I attribute to this site's culture splintering off from KF, and how that sorta posting in the vtuber thread there would have gotten you dragged hard.

Helkar

I can see a lot of that sentiment coming from how hard people here shit on the more parasocial fans and that aspect of the vtubing sphere in general, something that is more out of place here but more generally accepted on other sites that discuss vtubers. That I attribute to this site's culture splintering off from KF, and how that sorta posting in the vtuber thread there would have gotten you dragged hard.
Hmm, right. So, basically, as someone who already had a strong dislike for excessive parasociality, i'm more or less the target audience.

DogBone

Hmm, right. So, basically, as someone who already had a strong dislike for excessive parasociality, i'm more or less the target audience.
I think some of it also has to do with talking about streamers' earlier careers, shit-talking companies, and being more open with criticism in general. People will shit on streamers all the time, and vtubing is an incestuous fuck-pit of people who will suck the dick of anyone for attention.

If you are a namefriend, it's looked down on if you bitch/talk about other streamers because the streamer you watch might look bad because you're a viewer in their audience. For example, if I have a Twitter with Pippa's oshi mark, I'm a known Capipi, it would be wrong for me to call out another streamer who's a piece of shit.

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER

Helkar

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER

Helkar

Clearly you're the kind of person to use a rectal thermometer orally.
Nah, that's not it, i just really liked how it complimented my skull shape.

If you are a namefriend, it's looked down on if you bitch/talk about other streamers because the streamer you watch might look bad because you're a viewer in their audience. For example, if I have a Twitter with Pippa's oshi mark, I'm a known Capipi, it would be wrong for me to call out another streamer who's a piece of shit.
On a more serious note, fair enough, internet is still nowhere near learning the lesson of "a content creator doesn't/can't really control their fans", so that makes sense.

Still, again, assholishness doesn't equal malice.

Hff201

Early Adopter
On a more serious note, fair enough, internet is still nowhere near learning the lesson of "a content creator doesn't/can't really control their fans", so that makes sense.
This is something I notice far more in the vtuber space than anywhere else; in more mainstream circles it's only the especially touchy lefty-types who care if someone's fans are heckin' toxic haters, but in vtubing everyone's expected to keep up this facade of paradise, where all the vtubers are friends and there's never any bad blood between them.

I put it down to two things: the industry is dominated by women, and corporations have far more sway than independents. The former matters because hard feelings between women are far more drawn-out and vicious, so where men will just talk about why they don't like a guy once or twice then move on, women genuinely feel hurt by internet drama and will act accordingly. The latter matters because public conflict is not advertiser friendly, and everyone has something to lose from getting involved in it - whether it be disciplinary actions from their management, getting blacklisted by their friends' corpos so they lose collaboration opportunities, or costing business opportunities like sponsorships or event invitations for other people around them.

All of that just pushes people to be more conscious of their public image, so they have far more motivation to wrangle their fans into not making a scene.

Atlas

...Am i evil too?
I'm only mean to chuubas who might read my post, like hexa and terumi

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
i should'v3 expected white girl takes on the diddy fifty shit but i didnt and im mad i watched the vod

im sad pippa didnt start doing that asmongold aave voice towards the end

Last edited:

DTrp

"I would be shot at for her"
Someone needs to teach AF it's not nice to stare at people, especially not 119 times in under 45 mins.

62mrnu.png

E

Last edited:

Bronze

Salado

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Top Bottom