"The earth that we all stand on; Nevermind, we all are children of the Earth, we are children of Takenoko"Omaru Polka

Pikamee Graduation Thread

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
And for all that Pikamee was big in VOMs, she was still barely in 4view territory. Whether merchandise revenue for her likeness exceeded SC/member revenue is debatable at best - I suspect it didn't. Though if any VOMS came close to merchandise being bigger, it was assuredly her.
How much Pikamee merch is there?

https://archive.is/gjLAz
Kotaku decided to weigh in on this:

As expected, they've just decided to lie about it.
I love how they don't give a fuck and are just using ChatGPT to write shit for them.

It really has been. It's weird. Just a few days before she graduated I thought about looking up her content again on Youtube. 'Pikamee' returns nothing but clips, for 5-6 pages. 'Pikamee ch' (an absolute surefire success on every other vtuber I've tested it on, even those that don't have channel names like that) was the same. I actually could not get Youtube to recommend me one of her ACTUAL videos. It genuinely got me scared that she has deleted her channel minutes before I began my search. In the end I had to go to her channel via a clipper's link.
Maybe it may have to do with her channel probably being set to Japanese and youtube opting to show clips and shit made by english speakers. While the "[Name]Ch" works for most Vtubers there are still a few japanese Vtubers where it doesnt work. I dont remember which Hololive member it was but I was searching for their chanel and I could only find it through a clipper's link.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
I love how they don't give a fuck and are just using ChatGPT to write shit for them.
At last, they found something more intelligent that their staff writers.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
For any of the troons listening into Pippa's stream, she is giving them the ultimate punishment. She is reading them the Ebony Darkness LiveJournal HP fanfic. WIth sound effects. A dramatic reading.

Edit: She played some Good Charlotte. Hope someone is recording this VOD, because that'll get copystruck.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
FF is a pretty funny dude. He's cool.

Edit: We should really start separating the Kiwis and the former Kiwis from non-Kiwis, maybe with some sort of star. I'm just spitballing here.
A pink triangle?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
I've had some trans people in my wider circle of acquaintances for ten, fifteen years now, and never had a problem with them.

Also, as far as I'm aware, none of them use twitter to any meaningful degree.

By contrast, there are exactly zero terminally online twitter creatures I can think of that the world wouldn't be better of without.

The difference between good and bad people in the world can be measured with perfect accuracy by how much they tweet.
So, some thoughts after taking some time to think it over.

As a minor powerlevel, I know some transgender people I consider friends and others who are acquaintances who do not engage in political extremism or any of the creepy behaviour toward children, so I can't in good faith engage in the "all troons are sex pests who want you to die" mentality when my lived experience has proven otherwise. That being said, in the current climate I fully understand and appreciate the frustration that's boiling over today.

The matter of fact is that if you are not actively shilling trans social politics, the game is rigged against you from all angles. It used to be that the only winning move was to not play, but when they start attacking over entirely manufactured controversies like playing a particular video game, even that's not an option any more. If you say nothing, "the silence is deafening", and people will assume any defamatory rumours they start about you are true. If you humour them even slightly they will continue walking over you for the rest of your career. If you take an active stance against them and tell them to fuck off, you've involuntarily enlisted for the culture war and will attract an audience of politispergs who want you to continue owning the libs epic style when all you want to do is shoot the shit and have a laugh - while most likely losing access to monetisation platforms and/or business opportunities in the process because you're now a "brand risk".

Pikamee has never been a political figure, but through no fault of her own she has been turned into one. The obnoxious, narcissistic cunts couldn't just leave her be to enjoy her last few weeks of streaming with her fans, they had to make it about themselves. This is the logical conclusion of the zoomer participation trophy generation's upbringing - everything has to be about me-me-me, all the time, and "agree to disagree" is no longer an option; you either agree with me or that's a slight, and you're dangerous.

I try not to get MATI because it's not constructive in any way (and honestly, shitflinging about trans issues on either side is probably just useful ammunition to the journalists and institutions who throw fuel on the Current Thing fire for profit), but I genuinely despise the culture we're now in where it's impossible to have a neutral or apolitical outlet without someone giving you hell for it. I miss the early internet, I miss hobbies, I miss fun.
As much as I've repeated the anti-vermin memes, I'm of the opinion that there are a few genuine transgenders out there who never bothered people and are most likely not as terminally online and malicious as the transtrenders. To them I harbor no ill will and feel sorry that their plight has turned into a circus show, complete with freaks using clown makeup. They are unfortunately completely drowned out by the flood of incels with AGP fetishes and frumpy, smelly, white girls who all grew up on SomethingAwful, Reddit, and/or Tumblr (and are now growing up on Twitter and Discord after the exodus). The exploding numbers of trans/nonbinary freaks since the early 2010s is akin to a mind virus/parasite as @wrp nicely put it. So basically, my view is if you're a troon who lives online, chances are you're a freak and I want nothing to do with you. If you're the rare one that minds their own business and actually has a life, I'd be okay with socializing with you.
Not all trans people are troons, just like not all gay people are faggets, and from my experience, the good trans people usually just want to live as the gender they transitioned to, without bringing attention to the "trans" part and labeling themselves as some kind of inbetween-creature. Pretty much anyone who makes their preferred part of LGBTQCIANIGGA+ a core part of their personality is a piece of shit though.

Ironically enough, a good example of the former in e-celeb form would be SphereHunter, because regardless of the dude's history( :pekomusliml:), after transitioning she just never brings up the fact, doesn't label herself as trans, and doesn't use it for attention or pity points.

A good example of the latter would be pretty much anyone on twitter who has "Trans [XYZ] vtuber" in their bio, and probably doesn't stream at all.
On a related note my trans adult sister is happily reliving her childhood in the wizard game as I type the others are right "sane trans" people don't label themselves trans

That said
Happy to hear Pikamee was already going to graduate before this but like others said that means we got robbed of an extra month so that sucks

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Nyana had probably the most levelheaded response to this whole debacle, give it a watch.

UberSoldat

Overall, no direct reason for graduation given, the rrats will continue to flow.

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt
Edit: We should really start separating the Kiwis and the former Kiwis from non-Kiwis, maybe with some sort of star. I'm just spitballing here.
I use a different name here from my name on the homeland, but while I did post I was never too active there anyway.

And now to avoid derailing the thread too hard, I have a trans friend who is deeply upset over the Pikamee graduation thing because the Twitter freak circus is absolutely terrible morally, but others I know claim it's a right wing false flag, which is not surprising given I run in very lefty circles. At least I don't have any acquaintances that say she deserved it, though.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I use a different name here from my name on the homeland, but while I did post I was never too active there anyway.

And now to avoid derailing the thread too hard, I have a trans friend who is deeply upset over the Pikamee graduation thing because the Twitter freak circus is absolutely terrible morally, but others I know claim it's a right wing false flag, which is not surprising given I run in very lefty circles. At least I don't have any acquaintances that say she deserved it, though.
I have to wonder where the right wing false flag conspiracy theory is supposed to start. Way back when political activists were targeting Hogwart's Legacy while it was still in development? When Troy Leavitt resigned from the project? When it came out and the twitter activists started seething over the fact everyone who wanted it was ignoring their boycott? When they decided to switch to a harassment campaign against streamers (since the boycott was an abject failure) with the "Are they Streaming THAT wizard game" Website? Or just when they started harassing vTubers like Silvervale and Pikamee? Or just Pikamee?

I mean, I know that conspiracy theories don't have to make logical sense, but if I really narrow it down, do they think "Are they streaming THAT wizard game?" Website was a right wing op itself?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
On a related note my trans adult sister is happily reliving her childhood in the wizard game as I type the others are right "sane trans" people don't label themselves trans
And this is why we need to distinguish between actual trans people - who need help and compassion - and trans activists. Trans activists, who are overwhelmingly not populated by actual trans people, tend to be the big issue in all this bullshit.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I have to wonder where the right wing false flag conspiracy theory is supposed to start. Way back when political activists were targeting Hogwart's Legacy while it was still in development? When Troy Leavitt resigned from the project? When it came out and the twitter activists started seething over the fact everyone who wanted it was ignoring their boycott? When they decided to switch to a harassment campaign against streamers (since the boycott was an abject failure) with the "Are they Streaming THAT wizard game" Website? Or just when they started harassing vTubers like Silvervale and Pikamee? Or just Pikamee?

I mean, I know that conspiracy theories don't have to make logical sense, but if I really narrow it down, do they think "Are they streaming THAT wizard game?" Website was a right wing op itself?
Mental gymnastics is a wonderful thing you know?
And this is why we need to distinguish between actual trans people - who need help and compassion - and trans activists. Trans activists, who are overwhelmingly not populated by actual trans people, tend to be the big issue in all this bullshit.
We do the same thing that was done with gays way back when, the normal ones are trans, the degens and screechers are troons/vermintide

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

I guess we have to start saying goodbye to this absolute legend now.... time to start using my Youtube downloader, I suppose.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

>troon makes a post calling Pikamee out over being a lolicon
>vtubercringe finds that the troon has GawrGuraFeet as a followed account on twitter
>"hehe I followed what I consider to be CP on accident, tee hee"
>"nice excuse, fag"
>DFEs

B1D935C3-96EF-46DA-B0F0-93F905D93B22.jpeg

edit:
IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE
Troon was a straight up lolicon, whatever the western equivalent would be too, and was just pretending to be offended by it to agree with current thing. Imagine thinking you're better than lolicons and you jerk it to fucking western cartoon kids, while going to bat for fucking Dan Schneider.

1676606608182708.png

Last edited:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

SZ 109

if your oshi is not outspokenly transphobic try avoiding associating her image with transphobic messaging to spare her the pain of becoming a target of virtue signaling idiots for the sin of having a transphobic community
Is that going to stop them from just making it up, with a whole suicide story to go with it? Or is Silvervale the exception?

When you censor yourself to conform to the desires of people who will never thank you and never acknowledge you as anything but an enemy, you are doing their work for them.
What I am saying is that they shouldn't be given any special treatment at all, for any reason.
"dont throw your oshi in the gutter" is a controversial take here.
I’d consider everyone submitting to the woke mob and their demands of having certain groups and topics be exempt from jokes and criticism as more damaging and restrictive.

The presence of tailor made, on topic memes around things considered out of bounds by the fun police is one the best indicators of what topics and jokes they can touch on without the community of their actual viewers throwing them under the bus and feeding them to the Twitter mob, and how far up their ass the stick’s got to be shoved in.

The community, the creators, and the sponsors are all constantly fearing for each other’s safety and refusing to leave the prescribed bounds for the fear of being disowned by each other is exactly how the thought police retains their power. Community members have the least to lose, if anything blows up. Telling off a section of the community and having any targeted members come back with new accounts is vastly easier than the creators or sponsors doing the same. Hence if someone has to go first, it would be the community.

Even beyond community superchats / merch revenue, once sponsors realize that those boycotters aren’t their customers in the first place, and, as evidenced by the HL sales numbers, the masses care about a good end product more than Twitter’s opinion, the financial viability of more “offensive” content will only increase as creators branch off to fill the void and creators won't have to answer to the demands of those that don't even watch them.

I'm fucking sick of it. I'm sick and tired of it. These people will not stop. They will not be satisfied. They can only be given new targets. Time and time again both individuals and companies have taken the same stance; appeasement. They apologize, they kowtow, they suck the feminine penis. It's never enough, because these people hate you. They want to destroy you utterly and leave you insane and suicidal, because you dared at one time say 'no' to them in one way or another. They will never be happy, not even after they've torn you to pieces and then jumped on said pieces.

If there's one idea I'd like to violently crowbar into the heads of every talent out there, it's that you can't treat these people like equals. They don't view you as human. You're not one of the Anointed, the Chosen, the Gnostics, the Enlightened. You are intrinsically, fundamentally evil to them, and you can never be anything else, ever, for any reason. When they come after you, it's not because they've found something they object to. They hate you already. They hate you for being popular and successful, positive and upbeat. All 'evidence' of wrongdoing they bring up is nothing but a public shield, to try and delude the unaligned into thinking they have a point.
I think the behavior comes their role as the professional victims, they have to be the victim, and thus need to have someone, or thing to blame as their oppressor. Everything else, including the trans issues and slacktivism in this case are merely incidental at best, or byproducts at worse. That’s why the “safe space” journalist mastodon instance failed, because when everyone is the victim, no one is, and so they soon take to cannibalizing each other.

There must always be someone with problematic behavior that has to change, and said behavior has to somehow affect them. The focus on the behavior of others works best because unlike actual issues that can be solved with work on their part, all they have to do is demand the change of others. Then they’ll either throw themselves headlong into whatever “triggers” them so they get to claim that they’re affected somehow, or claim that it’s on the behalf of some unimpeachable minority.

Such methods also gain popularity fastest since it’s simply so easy to type up a post to virtue signal and take credit for not doing something that they weren’t going to do in the first place, or if they did, do said thing on another account (or hope no one even bothers checking their public profile). Since that’s the main point instead of actually helping the minorities in question, we get movements that end up revolving around things largely inconsequential to whatever they’re claiming to achieve, targeted at seemingly random people and actions, while they congratulate each other for a job well done not participating in something they had originally had no interest in.

That’s why they don’t seem to care about all the free advertising they’re making that's driving up sales, since it isn’t about the sales and proceeds in the first place. In fact, that’s all the better since the more people are publicly playing the game, the harder they can claim they were victimized, all while they’re hard at work not playing it (on their main accounts at least, unless they’re a certain ResetERA admin).

The setup
That’s why they start off with asserting that engaging, or merely associating with some mundane activity is sufficient evidence of causing direct harm to an impeachable minority. It allows them to quickly claim mass victimhood status without having to individually level any claims, accusations, or evidence of actual harm. (KF tier OPs with screenshots, archives, evidence to back up well laid out claims and accusations simply take too much work to put together, not that their target audience are even willing to put in the effort to read and make sense of them.)

The apology
What they then demand is an apology, or acknowledgement of their claimed suffering, to validate their claims of victimhood, using the apology itself as an admission of guilt and proof of victimization, without the need for evidence. To them, that’s the best outcome since that person effectively becomes their walking apology dispenser, with the cycle getting harder and harder to break out of each time as the list of accusations grow.

Rinse and repeat
With the above, combined with silenced being implied offense, they’re able to operate at scale, without even having to vet their targets or ensure they’re able to prove tangible harm before leveling accusations anyway. Should the accused decide to actually fight back and challenge their claims, they’d simply dig through their past (read: Twitter history) for anything they can label as “problematic”, removed from the context and social climate at the time, then threaten them and their supporters with social outcasting.

How does this manifest in the current context?
I’m not going to pretend there’s enough proof that the HL drama caused the graduation.
I’m also not going to change my opinion that any online personality should be ready to have shit thrown their way, deserved or not.
But that’s not the point here.

The optics of going after Pikamee, of all people? Bad. The announcement of her leaving after cancelling the stream? Even worse. And as much as it’s just optics, that’s all that matters to them, It’s their own game, a game where it’s all about association and image instead of actual impact and evidence.

I’d consider the HL streams being cancelled the actual, tangible impact. It’s one of the few IPs that have permeated into the childhoods of both the eastern and western audience, now made into a playable experience that doesn’t have bugs constantly disrupting gameplay or being chock full of microtransactions, which for some reason in this day and age is considered an achievement.

But that’s irrelevant to the slacktivists because they don’t care about any of it, since it doesn’t put attention on them or affect their image. They’re only worried about their image as victims. What hurts them is the fact that they’ve effectively ruined their own victim image by revealing that they blindly fling accusations at innocent people, with a shotgun guilty by association approach. This is the best point to push against them, as it wins them at their own game by tarnishing their reputation and victimhood status, and is what got them to reverse course and deny responsibility.

she has made no effort to dispel rumours about it being related to her recent harassment. She's under zero obligation to do such a thing, but there's no possible way that she wouldn't have known her extremely dedicated fans wouldn't instantly start looking for reasons.
The best part? Pikamee didn’t instigate, or even participate in any of this. The entire fiasco was entirely their own doing. The abject lack of action or participation on her part deprives them of any point to even launch their mental gymnastics off of to pin blame on her or allude to any responsibility to even clean up the mess, and the amount of precedent set by other streamers playing the game, with the subsequent lack of mass deaths from the claimed impending genocide doesn’t help their case.

Usually, this isn’t a problem for them anyway. For anyone else, they could just blindly hurl accusations first, and when those don’t stick, they could start digging through past tweets post-facto to find any reason to label them “problematic” anyway. This is what makes Pikamee their worst kind of enemy. There’s nothing for them to find. That’s why they’re panicking, all their usual strategies no longer work.

She has made no efforts to dispel the rumors because maybe she knows that doing so will only cause the retards on Twitter to go for her harder. Why even bother explaining things when the people you are trying to explain things to already made up their minds? To them not only is she a "transphobe" she is also now a "pedophile"
The usual alternative of issuing some statement is only going to give them more ways to victimize themselves, with any negative reaction being construed as directed against their protected minority group. (See their reaction to Silvervale’s “Twitter freaks” statement, and related attempts to make it about trans people. Or the framing of AutoMod censorship as damage control without even bothering to look up how it works in the first place. Or how getting timed out for randomly derailing chat with trans rights issues is an attack on them.)

That’s why they’re having trouble trying to either deny, or blame the harassment on someone else. Their previous outspokenness, “allyship”, and perpetual activism of things that don’t directly affect them has come back to bite them. They’re going to have trouble convincing others that they were just sticking to their own business when the storm was brewing even though sticking their nose into other’s business and policing their speech and actions is the entire basis of their activism.
Additionally, for a group that specializes in setting themselves apart with the profile and bio flags, ever so eager to divide their community up into classifications and subgroups, The only reason I can guess as to why they don’t loudly set themselves apart from the alleged falseflaggers before any of the fallout is that they don’t oppose those strategies on a fundamental level, only when the results aren’t in the favor.(Once again notice how the KF community reacts poorly to fedposting / poo touching BEFORE issues blow up?)

I know everyone's angry and coping with jokes like this but I really don't think, on the whole, actual trans people are to blame here. There's just not that many of them even in this fandom. They're outnumbered at least ten-to-one by the Twitterbrained who have to show everyone just how right-think they are by attacking Pikamee and other wizard game players on the trans people's behalf, whether they like it or not. I think most people have been a member of a minority group of one form or another and some idiot pops up and starts being a jerk to other people on behalf of that group and you have to go, "excuse me, but who are you and who made you my voice? This person does not speak for us."
As for the actual trans people who wish to live their lives in peace, I think it’s unfortunate that the culture that’s associated with them, one of avoiding internal criticism, mockery, and ridicule with the reluctance to entertain unpopular ideas via threats of offense or cancellation has basically set them up for this mess. I’m more willing to ascribe this as a religious style mentality (probably) installed by those seeking attention than the politics though. Whatever the case, it would greatly aid them to accept the realities of the open marketplace of ideas, where they will have to contend people who hate them for no reason and run into unpleasant, dissenting opinions, rather than stay in whatever “safe space” created by those who basically use them as props and shields to garner attention and power.

As much as it’s unfortunate that they are the minority that the attention seekers have chosen to use as cover, the reality is that given how they’re vastly outnumbered, it’s simply more practical for them to distance themselves, escape the line of fire or distinguish themselves from the attention seekers than expect to not to be caught up as collateral.

wew

Male hag love!
Tweet showing the VOMS PARK stuff

FqWskQ9acAAlYnL.jpg
This hurts to see :pikaufuk:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
FqZ_KEVWwAESP7B

Pikamee looks somewhat different than I remember, did she get a haircut?

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
1678015145317.jpeg
I saw this making the rounds on Twitter.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
9806a8b6c7668c6c0446961dd9f2fda623ab21c28ea83d7f2daba1e1329a3446.png
I have nothing else to say except for:
CostlyMediocreElk-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom