"There's no language that feels correct in my mouth"Fujikura Uruka

Phase Connect JP Gen 1 'KALEiDO' Speculation/Liveposting

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Lumi actually mentioned today that she spoke to Papa Gorira for the first time yesterday, and that he's a super nice guy. Very wholesome Tweet from him.

Timestamp:

Right before and a bit after that is when she mentioned something being revealed today. And no doubt, the ads were what she was teasing at. Very impressive. I hope it does well for Phase because it's definitely clear Fishman is willing to invest to push Phase in this market now.

Watching a bit more lumi said this when being fired came up

"You have to be over the line to get fired and even the sakana is super nice"
*Clears throat
YURI YOU STOOOOOOOOOOPID BITCH!!!! :urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart: what in the ever loving fuck did you do to get fired?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

Nigga it's loli connect. Look at Gen 3 subs.
Comparing Gen 3 is a bit weird because the two lolis in Gen 3, Saya and Muyu, already had pretty decently sized fanbases from their Tsunderia days. Meanwhile Eimi isn't a loli and she's second highest in Gen 3.

seenister

Yes, Pippa has the largest sub count by far and she's definitely a loli.
Yes. If not, she's loli adjacent. Tenma and Shiina are definitely lolis too.
Comparing Gen 3 is a bit weird because the two lolis in Gen 3, Saya and Muyu, already had pretty decently sized fanbases from their Tsunderia days. Meanwhile Eimi isn't a loli and she's second highest in Gen 3.
TBF, everyone thought Eimi was a loli if it wasn't for that official art where Gen 3 bathe in a cauldron tbh. Also, god forgive me from numberfagging but Saya and Muyu were ranging from high 2view - low 3view when they were Purin and Kana. It's fair to say that their new viewers in Phase are the majority.

God's Strongest Dragoon

TBF, everyone thought Eimi was a loli if it wasn't for that official art where Gen 3 bathe in a cauldron tbh. Also, god forgive me from numberfagging but Saya and Muyu were ranging from high 2view - low 3view when they were Purin and Kana. It's fair to say that their new viewers in Phase are the majority.
Muyu had 43k subs as Purin and Saya had 138k subs as Kana. The other 3 girls in Gen 3 were absolutely nobodies relative to Purin and Kana, who were two established veterans in the EN small corpo scene.

As of right now, the Gen 3 sub count is:
Muyu - 19k
Eimi - 18k
Saya - 15.1k
Hina - 14.6k
Runie - 14.3k

Of course joining Phase boosted their CCV but they did have a noticeable audience size before joining Phase.

Last edited:

seenister

Muyu had 43k subs as Purin and Saya had 138k subs as Kana. The other 3 girls in Gen 3 were absolutely nobodies relative to Purin and Kana, who were two established veterans in the EN small corpo scene.

As of right now, the Gen 3 sub count is:
Muyu - 19k
Eimi - 18k
Saya - 15.1k
Hina - 14.6k
Runie - 14.3k

Of course joining Phase boosted their CCV but they did have a noticeable audience size before joining Phase.
I really don't think Kana and Purin's subs matter if it didn't translate to their CCV. As you said, they were already established at that point. Since Gen 3 is still new, the sub count matters as an indicator of Loli connect.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I really don't think Kana and Purin's subs matter if it didn't translate to their CCV. As you said, they were already established at that point. Since Gen 3 is still new, the sub count matters as an indicator of Loli connect.
Purin and Kana have had 3.5 years experience in the field while the others are relative newcomers. Even if your claim is that past sub counts don't count, their experience over other members certainly should.

As for other high-sub lolis mentioned, Shiina has been working full-time as a vtuber for like a year. Of course that means she'll have a bigger sub count than those that juggle study/another job, because she puts more hours in and gets more experience and better rewarded. And Tenma, Tenma is a lolibaba, or a young-looking old lady. No-one is watching Tenma for a loli experience.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
As for other high-sub lolis mentioned, Shiina has been working full-time as a vtuber for like a year. Of course that means she'll have a bigger sub count than those that juggle study/another job, because she puts more hours in and gets more experience and better rewarded. And Tenma, Tenma is a lolibaba, or a young-looking old lady. No-one is watching Tenma for a loli experience.
Shiina also put work into the shorts meta that helps to boost subs, but not always CCV. Although her CCV has improved and she's regularly 1k+, she doesn't get as high of a CCV/sub ratio as Pippa does.

seenister

Purin and Kana have had 3.5 years experience in the field while the others are relative newcomers. Even if your claim is that past sub counts don't count, their experience over other members certainly should.

While I think your Shiina example is fair, the same argument does not apply to the Gen 3s. This is because the sub-count gap was the same as before even during pre-debut. (Well except for Runie and Hina since Hina got that delicious Pippa collab buff).

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
While I think your Shiina example is fair, the same argument does not apply to the Gen 3s. This is because the sub-count gap was the same as before even during pre-debut. (Well except for Runie and Hina since Hina got that delicious Pippa collab buff).
Saya and Muyu have been working as vtubers for over three years. They all started the sub race at the same starting point but those two have over three years experience as vtubers, not to mention getting their work experience in the hellhole that was Tsunderia. In comparison, the other three are relative newcomers to the field. I'd only be surprised if Saya and Muyu didn't have the most subs.

seenister

Saya and Muyu have been working as vtubers for three years. They all started the sub race at the same starting point but those two have over three years experience as vtubers. I'd only be surprised if they didn't have the most subs.
But experience is moot as an indicator of popularity during pre-debut. It's all just first impressions from there. You can argue that they had the PL buff but that leaves Eimi who was initially mistaken as a Loli.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
When do these chuubas debut? I'm honestly quite interested in seeing how this will turn out (from a meta perspective of the industry), seeing a western agency try to break into japan instead of the other way around will be interesting.

seenister

When do these chuubas debut? I'm honestly quite interested in seeing how this will turn out (from a meta perspective of the industry), seeing a western agency try to break into japan instead of the other way around will be interesting.
27th and 28th.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
But experience is moot as an indicator of popularity during pre-debut. It's all just first impressions from there. You can argue that they had the PL buff but that leaves Eimi who was initially mistaken as a Loli.
Saya and Muyu have built their subs up the first time from nothing with nothing more than a model and the complete negligence of the management of Tsunderia (excluding Dizzy) not to mention they were working in a field that barely even existed in EN at the time. Now they're doing it a second time, but with infinitely better conditions, the brand power of Phase Connect and Fishman's advertising money to start them off. No-one but you is surprised they're doing it better than talents without the experience they had.

seenister

Saya and Muyu have built their subs up the first time from nothing with nothing more than a model and the complete negligence of the management of Tsunderia (excluding Dizzy) not to mention they were working in a field that barely even existed in EN at the time. Now they're doing it a second time, but with infinitely better conditions, the brand power of Phase Connect and Fishman's advertising money to start them off. No-one but you is surprised they're doing it better than talents without the experience they had.
I am not surprised. The original argument was this is Loli connect.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I wouldn't be surprised if up-and-coming corpos like phase and others will become (and have already become) dwelling places for the most disgruntled and problematic fans who get chased out of the bigger corpos. We all saw how efficiently kawaii absorbed the hordes of unicorn filth that fled HoloEN in the wake of Tempus.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
And it's a stupid argument when there are far more reasonable explanations for their success.

seenister

I wouldn't be surprised if up-and-coming corpos like phase and others will become (and have already become) dwelling places for the most disgruntled and problematic fans who get chased out of the bigger corpos. We all saw how efficiently kawaii absorbed the hordes of unicorn filth that fled HoloEN in the wake of Tempus.
I mean based on some anon on /pcg/, his image of Phase was HoloEN with a sprinkle of menhera. He got mindbroken on the recent Lia X Hime X Ollie X Flayon collab.

seenister

And it's a stupid argument when there are far more reasonable explanations for their success.
You're acting like I'm implying it's the only reason for their success. It's also delusional to think that vtuber models don't have anything to do with viewer reception.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I mean based on some anon on /pcg/, his image of Phase was HoloEN with a sprinkle of menhera. He got mindbroken on the recent Lia X Hime X Ollie X Flayon collab.
It was very fascinating to see Ollie and Flayon's chat completely unprepared for the sonic screeching that Lia and Rie unleashed. A lot of non-Phase fans have zero idea about the org.

Top Bottom