"I am the experiment! Not the scientist!"Eimi Isami

NEXAS: The Kick Sweatshop for Vtubers!

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Should I apply? :ameliaThink:
do it! and be the first to make a google doc on your experience! just think of the numbers you will get after you release it! :BijouBijou:

frz

View attachment 66304

My favourite part of the application process, when I have to give a psychoanalysis of myself and then vouch for my own assessment with unverified hearsay from third parties.

View attachment 66305

The most incorrect part of this segment is a third gender option being "Prefer not to say". In my experience, anyone that doesn't identify as male or female will absolutely take all opportunities to tell you so.

View attachment 66306

They don't restrict you from applying if you are a current talent elsewhere, but it is stipulated that if so you must be ready to immediately break off your contract with that company if you're accepted, which, lmao. Imagine being someone with another corpo spot and you apply here, get in and have to terminate yourself just to get fucked over by the kill or be killed battle royale of vtubing.

View attachment 66307

I really had a laugh when I saw they're asking for Discord ID and that they will use that to contact you, or email. Everyone knows real professional companies use slack anyway!

View attachment 66308

Sorry chief I don't speak english.

View attachment 66309

I wonder what their reaction would be if I enter "The Virtual Asylum". :smugpipi:

View attachment 66310

Hmm, no I think I lied about the part where I put my personality traits, if only because I don't think it'd be beneficial to list my strongest personality trait as "willing to backstab as hard as possible for fun, profit not necessary".

Also their privacy policy linked in the form.
Did i just see a speedtest section. Do they ask for your pc specs too jesus christ "poorfag out" moment

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
They're gonna need more than just Aviel-shekels if they want to sustain their own platform, I can say that much. It's obvious that hosting video is expensive, but I think people underestimate just how expensive.

I'll probably have a proper look at this when I'm not on literally zero hours of sleep, but the one saving grace this has compared to most YouTube/Twitch alternatives is that they're focusing specifically on hiring talent to use it, so people have a reason to visit their new site/app etc.; plus if those talents are actually entertaining they act as a safety net that can be shifted over to YouTube if when the new platform falls through.

The website being written in ESL and the almost-definitely unlicensed appearances of MHA characters inspires literally zero confidence though. Here's an archive for the website, since I have a feeling it'll get changed if/when they bring in more staff who realise what an awful look it is.

also
2) They intend to launch 40 talents.
lol

Most new corpos struggle to get 3-5 off the ground.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I love the part that only tech requirement is a phone. Looks exactly like chinese streaming farm.
I bet their contract is even more of ass wipe than tardsanji, whacktor and v&u

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Did i just see a speedtest section. Do they ask for your pc specs too jesus christ "poorfag out" moment

Yeah they ask for a speed test but there's literally nothing about PC specs, they just want you to have a high speed connection and a phone, presumably because whatever their app does requires a lot of bandwidth and/or they just don't want people with slow/choppy internet. I can't really begin to imagine what their overall endgame is with it, but there's a namedrop for whatever the fuck this is in their big shit write-up that looks like a streaming site specifically tailored for phones, so I presume their end goal is to mimic this platform but with only vtubers and if you happen to have your own content direction that includes not being a phonegro you can go ahead and do that, but company mandates that you spend minimum 40 hours a month streaming on whatever comparative to this 17.live shit heap is.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
but there's a namedrop for whatever the fuck this is in their big shit write-up that looks like a streaming site specifically tailored for phones
The harry dude (CEO) mentions fucking EVERYWHERE that he worked for that company, he probably got booted and is now trying to start his own shittier version with crack and virtual waifus.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Well, they are a prestigious university like Harvard.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
010010.png

1) One could argue some agencies never intended to provide any support at all for streaming and just planned on boosting or leaning on whoever would blow up in popularity
2) "Top notch creativity" (that's a new one for me) comes from individual efforts and not from a management policy. Unless I'm full of crap and I completely missed armies of marketeers suddenly awakening in the middle of the night with their eyes glowing from a Creative Quantum Surge
3) I have no idea why this is being presented as an exclusive feature of the big fat corpos who can do no wrong, literally any indie can come up with a cute design
4) This is half-true; the less polished part of course makes a reference to the increment in new streamers without access to a recording studio, but to believe this is to also claim Suisei should have never become big because she didn't start out with a Kizuna Ai-level of model and rig.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Most new corpos struggle to get 3-5 off the ground.
Most new corpos aren't trying to prop up a new streaming service, and need a wide variety of different streamers.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
The harry dude (CEO) mentions fucking EVERYWHERE that he worked for that company, he probably got booted and is now trying to start his own shittier version with crack and virtual waifus.
:pikameefuck: I opened that site and my eyes bled:pippabrogoblin: Fakest faces ever. And yeah, coomer steram farm

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

So unless I missed something about this, seems that these associations from Lopi and Filian were something like lectures given in discord to a select audience.

Archivist edit: Quick archive of embedded tweets

Commentary in replies from some literally who's talking about the insight, taking notes, etc. Chances of them being plants? Maybe people in the application process for the first wave that were given priority selection, or maybe actual picks? Seems kind of weird for them to have these 'lectures' given by other vtubers to a bunch of completely unassociated nobodies just because, I haven't bothered digging any of the repliers for any insight on if they might be hooks for the line, but it seems unlikely to me they'd just have these random, private lectures for blind pick applicants to a form that have nothing to do with the structure.

e: Skimming some of the posts and checking accounts, found one guy so far replying with some interesting history.

Cole Lundeen, er, uh, I mean, Chaotic GG talking about applying in replies. Also e-begging with cash app name, as well as talking to someone about a nearby con.

1710841114429.png

They're definitely getting the cream of the crop in applicants. Actual nobodies. Very nice, this is surely going to lead to great success if they're getting people like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

niggaphil

Maybe we should apply for shits and giggles, let me read terms and conditions, then leak the contract out:dokiSmug:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Maybe we should apply for shits and giggles, let me read terms and conditions, then leak the contract out:dokiSmug:
Coop to apply as palestinian, israeli, russian and ukrainian. :dokiSmug: The thing is, if you don't have established channel, they probably wont answer at all.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
The official account is followed by Yagoo himself.

View attachment 66311

The CEO being japanese himself.

Wait, the CEO is called Harry, is it the same harry that worked for hololive?
You might be thinking of Yasuhiro "Harry" Igarashi, the NijiEN branch head. This NEXAS CEO Harry is 荘博光, Hiromitsu "Harry" So.

NEXAS is a project under FORCREATORS Pte. Ltd., which is incorporated in Singapore (a). Of note, they were incorporated on 17 October 2023 (a).

On 14 December 2023 they announced that they had raised "angel round funding" from nine investors. (JP press release / archive) (EN self-hosted news / archive)
In both the JP and EN articles, they claim that early investors of Anycolor and Cover have now also invested in them.

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Not the first time Punkalopi was brought into a shady event. Let's see whether she'll back out again, too.

niggaphil

Guys, Rate my application please :dokiSmug:

01.PNG
02.PNG
03.PNG
04.PNG
05.PNG
06.PNG
07.PNG
08.PNG
09.PNG
10.PNG

Can't wait to be debut as Nexas VTuber!!!

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
I thought someone was making an agency solely using Kick when I first read this. Do many people still use that platform at this point in time?

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

niggaphil

All i know is you'll feel really stupid whemever they contact you for the second round of auditions :selenpointandlaugh:
If they really contact me, I don't know who is more stupid: Me or Harry? :dokiSmug:

Top Bottom