"Why can't I be cool like Pippa and have a horsefucking paedophile hate me?"Kirschey

Inauguration of the Shill Widget[TM]

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
So, by now everyone should've noticed this thing;

1689812449803.png

This is part of my new scheme to appropriately monetize this forum in a way that is relevant to its audience.

Specifically, this is a simple widget that can be easily edited from the admin panel. All it does is show off a selected YouTube video. Autoplay is enabled by default, but I can disable it (no, audio will never be enabled by default except for mobile users and Nolan). Twitch integration is possible as well. Since absolutely nobody has reported any horrific glitches or eldritch occurrences associated with it up till now, I feel secure about pushing forwards.

I'm going to allow people who donate to our primary support mechanism to link a vtuber of their choice in this space for three days. Prices are as follows;

2view, aka averages below 100 CCV: $5 per 3 days.
Non-corporate channels below 500 CCV: $10 for the first 3 days, + $5 for the next 3 days.
Corporate channels or channels above 500 CCV: $10 per 3 days.

No channel may be featured for more than 12 days in a row.

The way it works is very simple; you send me a DM with the link to the vtuber you want me to display, then pay me the money on my BMAC account. If you don't use the same name on your donation, add a random string of characters to both the donation message and the DM (I.E: 43194) so I know there is a connection between the two.

I will change the title of the widget to reflect the name of the streamer and link it with their channel.

I reserve the right to refuse any talents whose behaviours and ethical values I possess a visceral dislike for or whose activities would violate the core principles illustrated in our rules. In other words; no lolibait streamers, no degenerate streamers, no Yuko Urine, etc. If you think I wouldn't feature a talent, confirm my willingness before you donate. If you donate without confirmation and I refuse to feature a talent, that's your own damn fault.

If this proves a success I will likely expand this form of monetization, possibly with similar banner widgets or other elements non-intrusively placed around the forum's layout. We are now big enough that we urgently need to either upgrade our cloudhosting plan or consider moving to a dedicated server, both of which are not cheap. My RL situation is also unstable; I need to move my elderly family out of their 20+ year home within the next 6 months, and while I'm not desperate for cash, I'm not in a position to let potential revenue go unexploited either. I consider this a reasonable way to both make money and also highlight talents who may not be well-known to the core audience here.

If anyone has comments or suggestions, feel free to make them now.

Edit: To clarify; the 3-day timer begins when I first update the link, not when you donate. If the slot is already occupied, your request will become the next in line after the timer for the donator in front of you expires.

Last edited:

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I reserve the right to refuse any talents whose behaviours and ethical values I possess a visceral dislike for or whose activities would violate the core principles illustrated in our rules. In other words; no lolibait streamers, no degenerate streamers, no Yuko Urine, etc.
So no Idol? :smugrys:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Sweet, now I need to gather some clips of Kattarina Qutie singing screaming incoherently to torture everyone with.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Not a bad idea but i already see this system eventually getting bogged down with requests for use and piling up in a backlog.

I also personally think the widget is pretty easy to miss since I just jump to my interested threads via bookmark.

Uncle Marv

Are they real or they only pretend?
I also personally think the widget is pretty easy to miss since I just jump to my interested threads via bookmark.
Yeah, it would be best if viewable site wide. Above the 'JUMP TO NEW | WATCH | ARCHIVE PAGE' might be a good place.
Also, is automatic rotation possible? it could be like a digital billboard that rotates every hour or so.

Last edited:

stassy

It would clutter more but in the news pinned section it would be visible for everyone (or for giggle it would swap with someone avatar if he want to endorse it)

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
by Allah I will find an extension that blocks all videoplayers on websites to avoid Kiara/Calli.

wrp

>no lolibait
:thisisstupid:

I'm sure you mean actual sexualized lolibait, like Remilia or 90% of Idol, not just any lolibait vtuber period. Would be pretty retarded if Gura or Pippa was banned from it.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
A whole 12 days with Froot on the front page, eh?

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Twelve days of Yuni saying something that almost sounds like the N-word, here we come!

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
I think just having it on the homepage is the safest bet, and maybe low traffic areas like “What’s new?”. I like to see the overview of the site and it would be unobtrusive. Just a small bonus for donating.

I wouldn’t mind a tasteful banner following me around, but a looping video would just make me loath the donator and the talent if I see it on every page.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
I reserve the right to refuse any talents whose behaviours and ethical values I possess a visceral dislike for or whose activities would violate the core principles illustrated in our rules. In other words; no lolibait streamers, no degenerate streamers, no Yuko Urine, etc
What about vtubers who staple their pussy lips shut?

Or strongest idols who are truly schizo and eat tarantulas and scorpions?

Or stupid fucking degrees?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
I think just having it on the homepage is the safest bet, and maybe low traffic areas like “What’s new?”. I like to see the overview of the site and it would be unobtrusive. Just a small bonus for donating.

I wouldn’t mind a tasteful banner following me around, but a looping video would just make me loath the donator and the talent if I see it on every page.
It should be at the top of the homepage but yea, keeping it as a bonus for donating is ideal.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
This sounds like a great idea

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Mooms is still on the front page. Have there really been no takers yet? That's surprising.

I'm going to edit a short tonight. If Proctor allows it, I'm going to buy the slot and subject you all to Murray on the front page, unless someone else buys it first. You have 24 hours. SEND HIM MONEY.

TheNorthAmerican

Top Bottom